PDA

View Full Version : Poor, poor Zack...

Brutulf
01-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Why didn't he take to heart that wisest of all advice? Don't bring a sword to a gunfight.

Namelessfengir
01-25-2008, 07:24 PM
when are you talking about?

cloud21zidane16
01-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Too late now:p

Bahamut2000X
01-25-2008, 07:41 PM
What the smurf are you talking about? ALL of FFVII was a sword at a gun fight!

Clearly Zack screwed himself over not in bringing a sword but through not properly leveling up. Tsk tsk Zack, for shame.

LunarWeaver
01-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Or should Cloud have brought some Phoenix Down?

Heath
01-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Why didn't he take to heart that wisest of all advice? Don't bring a sword to a gunfight.

But what about the other wise piece of advice? The pen is mightier than a sword! He would've ended up using a biro!

I think the most unlucky thing for Zack is that he didn't have to deal with soldiers as inaccurate as those that were shooting at Barret and Dyne.

Captain Maxx Power
01-26-2008, 12:05 AM
You don't bring a sword to a gun fight for the same reason you don't bring a gun to a Captain Maxx Power fight. Despite your weapon of choice you're still going to die.

Relapse
01-26-2008, 03:42 AM
I think the most unlucky thing for Zack is that he didn't have to deal with soldiers as inaccurate as those that were shooting at Barret and Dyne.

So true XD.

Nah, i think he dodged them all... then ran away, tripped and died.

Creeping Shadow
01-26-2008, 08:36 AM

The same could be said with aeris. You think cloud whould learn by now.:tongue:

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-26-2008, 06:50 PM
and so we have revealed the shocking truth, Cloud wanted them to die! :D

Garnie
01-26-2008, 07:21 PM
in the directors cut he died of aids........was that below the belt?
.....sorry:(

Dark Eternal Knight
01-28-2008, 02:34 PM

Cloud's the true enemy! xD

Heath
01-28-2008, 05:02 PM

Cloud's the true enemy! xD

Ex-SOLDIER, huh? I don't trust ya! :D

Brutulf
01-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Seriously though, did anyone (no one?) else think "pick up a gun! Pick up a gun, damn it!" during that scene?

ReloadPsi
01-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Because guns do 4 damage. That's established at the start of FF7. Outside battle of course they're more deadly; his own damn fault for going to check on Cloud.

redxiiii
01-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Why didn't he take to heart that wisest of all advice? Don't bring a sword to a gunfight.Because he's a rebel duh!:love:

Darkwolf090
02-09-2008, 09:59 AM
I dunno in Last Order he beat them unarmed... so I agree with the idea he tripped and fell on his sword or something

Mercen-X
03-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I think the most unlucky thing for Zack is that he didn't have to deal with soldiers as inaccurate as those that were shooting at Barret and Dyne.No one ever accurately shot Zack. Somebody pulled the trigger sure, but they were so tired of missing that finally just threw a rock at the back of his head. Of course he's an easy target once he's already laying there unconcious.

Roogle
03-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I think that it was interesting that Square Enix continues to work with Zack Fair in the prequels and other Compilation of Final Fantasy VII materials considering that you can go through most of Final Fantasy VII and not even know who he was. In fact, I don't think I've ever watched the Nibelheim series of flashbacks, either.

Brutulf
03-08-2008, 12:48 PM
And that, in my opinion, is the genius of his character. The one true 'heroic' ( successful) character is dead before the game even begins, living on for the viewer only in the fragmented memories of his confused friend (and Aeris', until she too kicks the bucket), inaccessible except through sporadic flashbacks and passing references.

By the way, I too would probably have missed out (and been all the more confused), if I hadn't been tipped of by a friend (the same is true for the video footage in Icicle).

Cloudane
03-12-2008, 03:14 PM
He should never have stepped out of the battle screen, that's what it is. If he'd stayed there, they could've shot him all day and only caused him to stagger a bit. Heck, they might have even been able to set him on fire or make him withstand a supernova. But as soon as you get outside of that screen, bullets and long pointy swords are pretty deadly.

Vyk
03-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Boom, headshot!

Sephitachi7
03-13-2008, 06:25 PM

The same could be said with aeris. You think cloud whould learn by now.:tongue:

When a character 'dies' in battle they are only KO'd. So Phoenix Down doesn't really revive, it just wakes you up. But then also the spells would have to be renamed. 'Life' would probably have to be renamed to 'Wake up' and 'Death" would have to be renamed to 'You just got knocked the :skull::skull::skull::skull: out!'.

And about bringing a sword to a gun fight, (could've sworn it was knife but w.e.) most, if not all, 1st class SOLDIERs use swords because they are just much better than guns. The difference really shows in Last Order. But that's what kind of bothers me. Fast enough to dodge 300 bullets but not fast enough to pull your friend out of the way of one? The world of FF sure is confusing.

Vyk
03-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Did they show who was shooting? The world of Final Fantasy takes a lot into account of who is weilding a weapon. Give Masamune to a farmer and how much damage do you think its going to do? Whatever the farmer can muster, of course. In Final Fantasy, ranged weapons tend to use the same mechanic. Low level grunts with machine guns do how much damage? Now consider if Sephiroth ever took aim with a gun. Like the weapon is embued with the user's uh... "strength"? So maybe it was another 1st class SOLDIER who sniped him. Sephiroth with a .50cal :]

Suvious
05-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Zack | HP:10 MP:100000
Guns do like 4 as another guy said (Didn't memorize the name sorry) so 3 guns and your out ^^

By the way, don't blame Cloud! When that happened he had the mental age of a 3 year old.... You go and drink the Final Fantasy version of Anti-Freeze and tell me your ok to fight!

hanawa
07-01-2008, 05:49 AM
Zack's fatal mistake (although i dont really believe this) is being blinded by love.
He oughta runaway with Cloud to places faraway and never return. So that he could breath a new life and luxuriating over what freedom offers out there.
However, being a... (sorry Zack and Zack's fans! Hey i'm also his big-time fan..) dumbass as he is, he returned.
Returned to Midgar, the base of Shinra Corporation that was hunting him down, determining to terminate him from existence.
All because of a girl named Aerith.
That was the start of it all.

Randgris
07-01-2008, 06:21 PM
I didn't even know who Zack was until I gotthe ENGLISH version of the game. When I saw that black haired guy I thought, is that Cloud? Or is that someone impersonating Cloud?

(My dad bought a spanish version which required us to translate. I finished that game with no walkthroughs. Of course I did not get all the ultimate weapons and limit breaks then)

Dr.M
07-08-2008, 07:06 AM
yeah, let us all blame aerith. what is with VII guys and fighting for their love's...pfft. lol

the whole getting shot at reminded me of X-2. in yuna's nightmare when she and tidus are killed ... i hate vast amounts of stupid shooting gaurds in FF games...

Mercen-X
07-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Did they show who was shooting? The world of Final Fantasy takes a lot into account of who is weilding a weapon. Give Masamune to a farmer and how much damage do you think its going to do? Whatever the farmer can muster, of course. In Final Fantasy, ranged weapons tend to use the same mechanic. Low level grunts with machine guns do how much damage? Now consider if Sephiroth ever took aim with a gun. Like the weapon is embued with the user's uh... "strength"? So maybe it was another 1st class SOLDIER who sniped him. Sephiroth with a .50cal :]

There's no proof that Sephiroth firing a gun would have had any affect at all. I think when games are released with character-specific weapons, you're meant to understand that they're strength increases for having a better ability to wield it as opposed to the weapon having a strength of its own. Therefore, Sephiroth's only ultimate weapon (only useful weapon) is the Masamune. It would explain why the fantabulous and famous Buster Sword never gets any stronger despite Cloud not being able to get rid of it.
We are never given any indication (at least, not that I know of) that Sephiroth can handle a gun. Other than the fact that Hojo obviously likes the trigger-sling.

Quindiana Jones
07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Should've brought a Gunblade. Best of both.