PDA

View Full Version : I so feel like crying now...

Elpizo
01-25-2008, 07:37 PM
I could burst into tears so quickly that it ain't even funny. =p

So here I was, having beat FF III DS and training for about 6 months (I took my time) in that damned ??? cave towards lv 99 with 4 Black Belts. Now last week I finally arrived on lv 99, with 9999 MAX HP for each character and having ENOUGH ONION EQUIPMENT TO EQUIP 10 ONION KNIGHTS FULLY! I totally wasted that Iron Giant (2 shields each + Back Row + Flare = win easily).

And now, today, I start up a new game and... you guessed it, saved over that file, that file I crammed 61 hours in, 30 of which were just training for that damn Iron Giant! God, I feel so, so... stupid, for the lack of a better word. =p

Well, I guess there's a bright side to it... I wanted to do a 100% game of III DS anyway, which means 9999 MAX HP, lv 99, Full Bestiary, 100% treasure chest and all side quests and all jobs mastered. I couldn't do that on my lv 99 FEOK file anymore anyway, I missed some misable monsters fo rmy bestiary. Now I have no choice but to restart again and do that 100% game... *sigh*

Anybody else ever suffered from this idiotic mistake too? Or with another FF game? Common, please say yes, then I won't feel so lonely. =p Especially considering this was the first time ever in ANY FF game (and I've played almost all of them, except for XI and some spinoffs) I trained to lv 99 and beat the Optional Boss. >.<

Bahamut2000X
01-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Not nearly as bad, but I've saved over my save states instead of loading them on emulators before. Worst was when I was at the end of the game of Seiken Densetsu 3 and I accidentally saved the intro screen insetad of load the game.

Captain Maxx Power
01-25-2008, 09:53 PM
The three-save slot system has yet to fail me.

Elpizo
01-25-2008, 09:58 PM
The annoying thing was that the game apparently remembers what save-slot you last saved on. I forgot this now, so when I loaded up save slot 1 and wanted to save, I accidentally saved over save-slot 2, which was the last one I saved on. Damn. That'll teach me not to listen to Helloween while playing FF III DS, it makes me forget things I should know. =/

Bolivar
01-26-2008, 02:36 AM
ah man, sorry to hear it elpizo, but at least you can get that 100% now.

i haven't done that in any big way but I have lost some time in roms like bahamut2000x, no 60 hours though.

KoShiatar
01-26-2008, 11:07 AM
I think I have saved instead of loading over emulator savefiles more than once, and in one part6icolar case that led me to losing a fairly advanced game of I don't remember which Final Fantasy now.

ReloadPsi
01-26-2008, 08:19 PM
No, I've only lost saves to memory cards that really sucked.

FF_Chick
01-27-2008, 04:39 PM
I could burst into tears so quickly that it ain't even funny. =p

So here I was, having beat FF III DS and training for about 6 months (I took my time) in that damned ??? cave towards lv 99 with 4 Black Belts. Now last week I finally arrived on lv 99, with 9999 MAX HP for each character and having ENOUGH ONION EQUIPMENT TO EQUIP 10 ONION KNIGHTS FULLY! I totally wasted that Iron Giant (2 shields each + Back Row + Flare = win easily).

And now, today, I start up a new game and... you guessed it, saved over that file, that file I crammed 61 hours in, 30 of which were just training for that damn Iron Giant! God, I feel so, so... stupid, for the lack of a better word. =p

Well, I guess there's a bright side to it... I wanted to do a 100% game of III DS anyway, which means 9999 MAX HP, lv 99, Full Bestiary, 100% treasure chest and all side quests and all jobs mastered. I couldn't do that on my lv 99 FEOK file anymore anyway, I missed some misable monsters fo rmy bestiary. Now I have no choice but to restart again and do that 100% game... *sigh*

Anybody else ever suffered from this idiotic mistake too? Or with another FF game? Common, please say yes, then I won't feel so lonely. =p Especially considering this was the first time ever in ANY FF game (and I've played almost all of them, except for XI and some spinoffs) I trained to lv 99 and beat the Optional Boss. >.<

I did exactly what you did. I was in the final dungeon. But I decided to stop for awhile to play my friend's slot. And guess what...

I went to go save it.

scrumpleberry
01-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Did that in Grandia

DX

DID NOT WANT. I always save multiple files now.

sdm42393
08-15-2008, 04:03 AM
Every time I've played Final Fantasy VII my memory card always decides to suck at a certain point and delete all of my files (Coincidence? Maybe my memory card hates FF7)... which resulted in me disliking 7 (I never knew a game could get so boring...).

Digital Phoenix
09-23-2008, 11:17 PM
My memory card has gone corrupted and erased a few saved games, but I've never saved over a file.

You know why? Because I'm so damn careful. I always have two or three save slots, just incase. In every single game I play. Yup, I don't want to make that mistake.

Sorry to hear that, though. 61 hours down the drain. Ouch!

Zeromus_X
09-23-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. =(

I always keep multiple saves to avoid this problem. It's happened to me before with careless save states, but not the extreme like this.

Yar
09-24-2008, 02:13 AM
Now you just have an excuse to do it all over again! :monster:

Elpizo
09-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Now you just have an excuse to do it all over again! :monster:
After I finish all misisons in FFTA2, I'll do just that. ;)

erikramza
09-24-2008, 11:44 AM
GENERAL GAMING.
Hi.

3 similar stories...

a buddy of mine (BOU; if that name means anything anymore) told me it would be a great idea to put my xbox gamertag on a memory card so i could play over at his pad. of course i lost it, and had to recover the gamertag.
awesome thing is, when you transfer your gamertag it removes all your saves! I smurfING LOVE XBOX360.

that, and after having played pokemon red for the original gameboy for about 80 hours a lifetime ago, full pokedex and... a bunch of other stuff. my brother plays for five minutes and "OH, I WANT TO SAVE MY GAME."

long before that even, i trusted my saves on one of those '256 BLOCK DICK HARDENING MEMORY CARD OF JESUS CHRIST' memory cards for the psx. it lasted for about a year and a half, at which point it started... smurfing up. so i started pushing buttons and ended up formatting it. i threw it at a wall when all fault was mine.

Jesus. my gaming life is tragix 4 shore. omfgrofl.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
11-12-2008, 04:25 AM
I've actually done that with several different games... The most recent one being MediEvil Resurrection. TT_TT I was so damn close to getting that blasted Woden's Brand!

So yeah. I feel your pain. >.>;

James Leopold
11-30-2008, 04:52 PM
I believe I may have done worse than that. One time I had a friend over my house and we were playing my file on FF8 (at that time I'd only just beaten the game, around 80 hours) then we decided to go on my friends "Master" file which on it he had done everything that's possible in the game (he spent like 250 hours on that file) and instead of loading it, I accidently saved over it with my file. :)

I don't think I've felt so bad about something like that any other time in my life. Thankfully my friend didn't go nuts, realised it was a mistake, and just enjoys the knowledge that he managed to achieve so much.

KoShiatar
12-02-2008, 08:58 AM
My method for avoiding this problem is to never overdo it with games. I don't think I have a 100% savefile of anything, and I like it like that. Otherwise, I'd probably have no reason at all to re-play that game again.

...Even though I fully know the pain of mastering all the jobs and crap in the ???? dungeon. And to think I didn't even go looking for the Legendary Smith afterwards, because I was so overpowered by now that all I wanted was to beat the game.

01-12-2009, 09:22 AM
I made a boob-up kinda like that with that very game. Playing on an emulator, final boss, had been saving exclusively with a save state. Final boss kills me, I go to load my state and yeah, you guessed it. I accidentally save instead of load. My party is dead forever.

But that's not as bad as having a Godly file saved over. The closest story I have to that (that I recall) is when I lent Chrono Trigger to a friend of a friend, I deleted my most advanced game+ file (the one I was working my way up to level 99 on) because I was too embarrassed to let him see what I named my characters when I was 15.

Also...

listen to Helloween

Sweet.

ShadowScar Knight
01-27-2009, 01:02 PM
Wow, that stinks, buddy...

yes, that Iron Giant is a royal pain in the arse. The fact that it can attack four times is annoying on its own. I was fighting it for the first time, and it killed my party in two turns. I was both angry and caught completely off guard. XD

Either way... sorry to hear that your best file got saved over. =\ At least you have the knowledge that you DID beat it, but it's always better when you actually have the proof...

Rase
02-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Like some others I tend to keep multiple save files now due to doing this on some games in the past. I have people save over my files accidentally more often; fortunately I'm never going for 100% or anything like that so it's never that big of a loss.

Rebellious Eagle
02-15-2009, 07:52 PM
I've done that with pretty much every FF game I've owned. Glad to know I'm not alone.