PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke time

Captain Maxx Power
01-25-2008, 09:28 PM
No, I'm not asking you to sing. What I'm asking is what songs you like to sing when you do Karaoke if at all.

My usual one's are;

Foreigner - Cold As Ice
Any song by Journey
Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name/Livin' On A Prayer

Less often are if there are any Pearl Jam or Metallica songs.

As an added bonus how many pints do you need to consume before you'll get up and sing? I don't need anything, I'm just that damn confident/talented/awesome.

LunarWeaver
01-25-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm way too shy for karaoke, even completely wasted :aimblush: I can't even type if someone is watching me, and I certainly can't sing xD

El Bandito
01-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead of Alive"
Weezer - "Say It Ain't So", "Buddy Holly"
The Beatles - "Let It Be"

Those are the ones that come to mind right now. Also a ton of motown and various other oldies.

Tallulah
01-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Ooh! ooh! Pick me, pick me!

My party pieces (such as they are) are:

Madonna: Lika a Prayer (the first song I ever did for karaoke)
Petula Clark: Downtown
Queen: Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Abba: Dancing Queen
Alannah Myles: Black Velvet
Rainbow: Since You've Been Gone
Roxette: It Must Have Been Love/Listen To Your Heart

Have not been karaokeing in a while. Should go tomorrow. :love:

Garnie
01-26-2008, 09:06 PM
me and my brother have this thing for singing "Bat out of hell" everytime we go anywhere near karioke

Caraliz
01-27-2008, 12:41 AM
i have never done karaoke. D:

Bahamut2000X
01-27-2008, 12:51 AM
I did karaoke once. The sounds that came from my mouth destroyed the very psyche of all those that listened. Guess the world just ain't ready for the Bahamut yet.

Vermachtnis
01-27-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm not sure what I sung, but it sure wasn't KISS.

Captain Maxx Power
01-27-2008, 11:08 AM

Which was it? Detroit Rock City? I Wanna Rock And Roll All Night (And Party Every Day)? I Was Made For Loving You Baby?

Breine
01-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Anything with Wham! is a clear win. Also other 80s hits get the party started.

Vermachtnis
01-27-2008, 03:05 PM

Which was it? Detroit Rock City? I Wanna Rock And Roll All Night (And Party Every Day)? I Was Made For Loving You Baby?

Rock and Roll All Night, if you can call it that.

ReloadPsi
01-27-2008, 03:45 PM
If there were ever any Sevenfold, Maiden or Linkin Park (besides In The End) anywhere around where I live I'd so do those as I imagine it'd be amusing listening me try to transition between screeching and singing, and failing to do so. Otherwise nothing; I would never karaoke a song I wouldn't actually listen to and most karaoke is pop music that, no matter how classic, I don't like enough. Being half deaf for the first half of my life doesn't help either (even with the words in front of me I still don't know the songs)

Basically I've never done a karaoke song although I'd be more than likely to duet something if asked.

On a side note, I remember being in a pub having a karaoke night once and this drunken smurfing cocktard thought it was really funny to keep doing "Nellie The Elephant", bellowing the chorus. It wasn't even funny the first time.

suspended on silver wings
02-08-2008, 04:04 AM
its usually

"asterisk" by orange range
"Ichirin no hana" by High and Mighty Color
"Jealous" by Dir en grey
"Jessica" by dir en grey
"beautiful fighters" by Ayumi Hamasaki

Araciel
02-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Sweet Caroline, the crowd favourite, along with Don't Stop Believin'

Summer lovin' is good as a duet.