PDA

View Full Version : So how did you meet?

BardTard
01-26-2008, 04:39 AM
So, I met my boyfriend here on EoFF:heart: and I was thinking it was kind of strange how we'd never met if he hadn't PM'd me and told me he liked my sig.

So, I was wondering, what are some interesting ways you've met your significant other or friends?

One time I was playing with this piece of shiny purpley pink string, and this girl at school walks up to me fascinated my it, and the string was pretty long so we decided to grab the ends and snap it like a really big sling shot. We've been friends ever since and we dated for a few months, now she's engaged to my ex boyfriend.

I saw this one girl on the bus after school holding her binder and I saw a picture of Cloud Strife on it, and I shouted out "OH MY GOD YOU HAVE CLOUD ON YOUR BINDER!!!" We, too, have been friends ever since. She sat with me when I got her attention by shouting that.

Another girl I know, I saw her at school one time wearing this cape I had and some torn up gloves and I told her she looked pretty cool and I had the same cape at home. Another day I was wearing a yellow skirt and black shirt and she said I looked like a bumblebee. She didn't even know my name for at least a week. Then she developed a huge crush on me and told people I was her girlfriend when she was dating a friend of mine.

So, do you have any cool stories?

Jiro
01-26-2008, 04:45 AM
The catalyst for me and my girlfriend Saira getting together is quite weird. Like all the good things in my life, it happened on camp :D. I couldn't sleep cause it was freezing and I didn't take any blankets (idiot).
So I went and sat on the steps of my cabin at 3am. I was sitting there freezing until 4:45. Saira woke up and looked out her window and saw me sitting there and decided to come out and chat with me.
We chatted for ages and I eventually told her about the feelings that I had for a long time. And now we're together :D

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-26-2008, 06:38 AM
With my current boyfriend, it has been a serious of odd coincidences. Basically we first chatted on his Last.Fm wall. We were neighbours (i.e. had similar taste in music). We did not talk much then, though we found out we were in the same city. A year or so goes by and he joins this other site, MAL (an anime community where you can have a list to keep track of anime and manga). By so stroke of luck, he was apparently going through profiles, found me and thought it seemed familiar. A series of messages took place and I oddly thought he was familiar too. Quickly, we both realized the connection to Last.Fm. After that we talked on MSN a lot. Oddly enough at this time I was having a huge crush on someone else though the more I talked to my current boyfriend, the more I started to feel something for him. In December, there was barely a day I went by where I did not talk to him, moreso when I was home for Christmas break.

It should be noted that I was at my parent's for Christmas and was coming back early to celebrate New Year's Eve with some friends.

So during Christmas break, we were talking about what we were doing for New Year's. He was not doing anything and seemed like he did not want to stay home. So I gathered up the courage and invited him to come with me and my friends. I was surprised when he said yes since we had never met before. Knowing that we had not met before, I made plans to hang out with him the day I came back which was the day before New Year's Eve.

So....he came over and we hung out. It was fun. Tickle fights FTW! As the geeks we are, we watched anime as well. Towards the end, we were holding hands on and off and I was using his sides as a prop for my elbow which was supporting my head. After he left and I walked him to the bus stop, I came back completely confused. I am paranoid and over think things, so I was not too sure how he felt, though it was quite obvious. Thankfully Faris was there to listen to me on MSN be paranoid and stuff. (Thanks again Ashe!)

The next day, we meet up and go to my friend's place since they were still getting ready (they took so long to call me back to finalize things that we were already thinking of a back-up plan). So after ages, the girls were finally ready and we went to the bar (with like 30 minutes to spare before the countdown). So at midnight, we just wished each other Happy New Years and that was it, no kiss (yet), unfortunately...So 2am comes and my friends are trash and going home. He suggests to go back to my apartment. At that point, I was not too sure he was enjoying himself since he was so quiet and all, but he did enjoy himself and did not have much to say since most of what we talked about with my friends was like work or people he did not know.

ANYWAYS, we come back to my apartment (roommate is still gone, thankfully). We watch more anime since he brought some just in case. From there we started to cuddle and things just went from there. ^___^

Short summary: Best New Year's of my life.

And now I should like a giddy school girl...Sorry, I am just long winded...

Caraliz
01-26-2008, 06:50 AM
i met one of my friends because she was polish too. it was like...

"oh, you're polish too? what are you doing after school let us play CARDS"

Avarice-ness
01-26-2008, 07:57 AM
I met my boyfriend on the internet.

But it's kinda weird, I was on the MSN chats since the age 15 and friends with a whole bunch of people and around 17 I left for a while, came back at like 18 re-met some people I knew at 15.

Then my current boyfriends name came up quite abit, so as odd as it sounded, I had heard of him but I had never met him. xD

So from like 18 to about 20 all I'd ever hear was his name basically being namedropped by his fankids (seriously) and eventually got pulled into a chat by a few others where he was in, talked to him for a bit then added to Msn messenger, and we talked off and on for about a year and a half. At most points I was his therapist, which is so kinda funny, then around the year and like 3 months we started talking alot more which enevitably led to us being together.

So in short terms, I knew of him for 2 years before I even talked to him for the first time which is something that's kinda odd. Fankids and namedropping apparently works.

The Unknown Guru
01-26-2008, 08:18 AM
The catalyst for me and my girlfriend Saira getting together is quite weird. Like all the good things in my life, it happened on camp :D. I couldn't sleep cause it was freezing and I didn't take any blankets (idiot).
So I went and sat on the steps of my cabin at 3am. I was sitting there freezing until 4:45. Saira woke up and looked out her window and saw me sitting there and decided to come out and chat with me.
We chatted for ages and I eventually told her about the feelings that I had for a long time. And now we're together :D

That's pretty cool. :up:

It's the kind of thing that I've always wished would happen to me but I know that nothing's going to even come close.

Araciel
01-26-2008, 08:30 AM
#eoff...Yes shun me now.

Jiro
01-26-2008, 08:33 AM

That's pretty cool. :up:

It's the kind of thing that I've always wished would happen to me but I know that nothing's going to even come close.

I had two classes with her. One was Math, I sat behind her. The other was Business Studies. In Business Studies our class basically had to run a school-based business. I always followed her around but pretended not to be. I hid by talking with our mutual friend. So I basically stalked her for 8 months and she never seemed interested. So I gave up.

But camp was brilliant and got us together. All over the five days she wasn't sure if I liked her because I had always been talking to our friend Sophie. But it all worked out in the end. 3 months on Feb 12th :D

Avarice-ness
01-26-2008, 09:02 AM
#eoff...Yes shun me now.

*shuns*

Nah, just kidding, #eoff's as bad as MSN chats. xD

The Unknown Guru
01-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Well, it's cool that that worked out. I'm happy for you.

I want to go to a camp :cry:

Martyr
01-26-2008, 12:15 PM
I just trashed my girlfriend.

That's why I'm here, looking for a new one.

Madame Adequate
01-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Well I was out bowling when a zombie holocaust took place, and when I was walking from Paris to Yaroslavl' I came across my lady love surrounded by nearly a hundred dead zombies. It was love at first sight decapitation.

41-Inches-Wide
01-26-2008, 03:10 PM
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee74/mewmewcool/second%20album/1-3.jpg

I met him while watching Goong. He totally fell in love with me and I can't wait to marry him :heart:

Roto13
01-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Internet. Or Starbucks. Depends on my mood. :P

escobert
01-26-2008, 03:34 PM
#fools-gold imo.

Garnie
01-26-2008, 04:38 PM
i met jay on the street with a friend of mine! he wasdrunk and looked like a chav but i gotta admit he was sweet!

~*~Celes~*~
01-26-2008, 05:36 PM
met Alan on here :heart: My ex broke up with me April '06 and early June of the same year, I got a pm from a random guy saying "you're 15...and single?!" I answered back that I was and asked why he wanted to know. He said "well I'm single too, except I'm 18...;)" between getting that pm and answering back, I'd met a guy I was interested in and said so to Alan, promising to let him know when I'm single again. He said "it's okay, story of my life, lol...:D" So basically, I turned him down at first.

Not much longer after that, my friend Joe said "there's someone I want you to meet" and talked me into meeting him and this mystery guy on msn one night. I told him I'd met someone already and he said "please just get to know this guy before you decide for good" and I agreed to talk to him. He showed me a couple of pics and I was like "...man, he's HOT!" and then Joe said "yeah, he's single just like you and he's a good kid...he's perfect for you." I was really interested at this point and I asked who it was, he told me it was ShadowBahamut...and I about :skull::skull::skull::skull: my pants, 'cause he was introducing me to the guy who'd asked me out. I told him and he kinda laughed and said "well, even more reason to get to know him."

A couple of nights later (not sure how long exactly), Joe told me to get on msn and I did. June 16th '06, I met the love of my life, and we unspokenly agreed that we were a couple that night =] He totally swept me off my feet and by then, I'd made up my mind who I was gonna be with. Good thing I chose him over Justin for a couple of reasons...One of those reasons being that Justin ended up being gay o.o.

Been together for 19 months now and quite honestly, it's the happiest I've ever been in my life :lovers: He's everything I want and need in a guy, and I can see us growing old together fo sho =]

I Am Stoner
01-26-2008, 06:01 PM
I met girlfriend on here. We knew each other from like a year n a bit back, but back then we were friends. Suddenly not that long ago we met each other again, and seems like we started liking each other. Now we are like <3<3<3 n stuff. I'm so glad I met my girlfriend <3<3

Heath
01-26-2008, 06:13 PM
You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
When I met you
I picked you out, I shook you up and turned you around
Turned you into someone new
Now five years later on you've got the world at your feet
Success has been so easy for you
But don't forget it's me who put you where you are now
And I can put you back down too

To seriously answer the question, I've never had a relationship with anyone on EoFF beyond being married to Sarah in the EoFF Family Tree.

rubah
01-26-2008, 07:00 PM
on eoff duh

Shauna
01-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Eyes on Finding Future-Spouses.

Vincent, Thunder God
01-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Me and a certain special someone met on here, yeah.

Old Manus
01-26-2008, 10:03 PM
I met her in a place called IRL. You should visit it sometime, the graphics are awesome.

Denmark
01-26-2008, 10:06 PM
i've met everyone i've ever had anything serious with in REAL LIFE you nerds

:D<3.

(none of them have worked out in the end though but i'm young oh well)

EDIT: in after manus on that first line. :(

Caraliz
01-27-2008, 12:36 AM

i tried that once and it was prickly.

rubah
01-27-2008, 02:01 AM

:(
It's REAL LIFE now you NERD

Roto13
01-27-2008, 02:02 AM
Real life is so awesome. It's like smell-o-vision.

41-Inches-Wide
01-27-2008, 02:08 AM
They said in REAL LIFE, you don't have to install a webcam to be seen. Cool huh!

Pointless
01-27-2008, 02:47 AM
I met my boyfriend through mutual friends. In real life. BUT I knew of him in a forum a frequented (not here). To summarise: discovered existence of him online, met him properly offline and the rest is history.

Fatal Impurity
01-27-2008, 02:53 AM
I have never met someone from the internet in real life. Although I've accidently met someone from real life on the internet.

Jack
01-27-2008, 04:18 AM
Funny story actually, it involves some people FROM #eoff.

Anyway, me and Iceglow are bestest friends. We were in a pub, and he was down because of [story cuts]. Anyway, I decided to show him that who could get a girl, cause if I could, then so could he. So I saw this cute girl and started talking to her. It went well IMO.

Anyway, I said she had a friend. We didn't know what she looked like, except "she had a cute butt" (His words) so I told him that when I cam back from the loo, if he wasn't talking to the cute girls, I would break his shins.

I came back from the loo, and we were chatting away. His self-deprecation of me and my jokes kept us in, and we all left together to go to a bar.

We didn't find a bar (in hindsight, they were probably trying to lose us, its the middle of London) Anyway, we walked them home. Iceglow was chatting to his girl and she had the keys to get in, so the cute girl I spoke to at the bar and me were bored.

So we chatted. Out of boredom. She was my type but I wasn't really looking for anything, I'd got out of a destructive relationship. Plus, I don't live in London. So I flirted, thinking "What harm could I do?"
Eventually, we kissed. And then kissed some more and more.

Iceglow and his girl kissed and departed, and all we were left with was a poxy e-mail address. (We have been informed in hindsight that his girl wasn't too keen on him... but things change) We stumbled to bed.

Next day, he was all stoked about the girls, but I didn't expect much. As pointed out, I don't live in London and after a year of pulling without much emotional success, I didn't expect more. So while we were waiting to hook up with Psychotic (another member here) he tried to email her. But he forgot his e-mail. So I had to send it from an internet cafe in Camden Town. I put our phone numbers, and famously said "Don't get your hopes up"

Anyway, later that day. Partying up London with Psychotic and Iceglow and I recieved a text off her. So I texted back. lots.
Then 2 weeks later, we met-up. Then we started going out.

We're now engaged and living together. Oh and Iceglow is going out with the other girl from that night. I am blissfully happy with her, although I should join her in bed right now cause she's asleep and hates me staying up late. Who's said there can't be happy endings?

LanceOfTime
01-29-2008, 08:00 PM
I met mine on conquer online, shes 2000 miles away, me georgia, her wyoming, but, its been 3 years now and the love is only getting stronger, BYAH...future wife

Rantz
01-29-2008, 08:26 PM
One time, quite long ago now, someone walked up to me and my friend and said "Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking for friends". I said "Okay, wanna play Worms?". And well, then the three of us became best friends forever for two or three years.

demondude
01-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Where every great romance blooms.. MacDonald's!
Seriously though I wouldn't want a girlfriend from the Internet it wouldn't be comfortable being dozens of miles away, that's just me though.

Polaris
01-29-2008, 08:33 PM
At a bowling game :) He was a friend of Sir Edeon and we were playing bowling! He won and well I was almost in last place! :( Then we started talking and once I asked him to meet me before an extra class and he kissed me :<3:

Araciel
01-29-2008, 09:03 PM
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee74/mewmewcool/second%20album/1-3.jpg

I met him while watching Goong. He totally fell in love with me and I can't wait to marry him :heart:

You confuse me, Mister Anderson.