PDA

View Full Version : Meet The Spartans

BardTard
01-27-2008, 04:14 AM
I just saw it today. OMG It was hilarious!!! :lol::lol::lol: If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you do. It's gotta be one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

Who else has seen it?

My favorite part was when they were holding hands and skipping to "I will survive!" :lol: I couldn't stop laughing for like an entire minute after.

Namelessfengir
01-27-2008, 04:36 AM
meh

it looks like all the other parody movies (scary movie series, epic movie, date movie, not another teen movie)

little sister wants to see it

LunarWeaver
01-27-2008, 04:44 AM
No thanks.

NeoCracker
01-27-2008, 04:46 AM
Scary Movie 2 was the best of those i've seen. Epic Movie was pretty good, though the others were pretty lame.

Though Meet the Spartans does look funny.

Dolentrean
01-27-2008, 04:51 AM
Meet the Spartans... No, I think not.

This looks like a very lame parody movie, not my kind of comedy.

Avarice-ness
01-27-2008, 04:53 AM
I havn't seen it but~

It almost seems like the people that made this fell asleep while on LSD watching 300 then woke up to VH1 then got up to fast, had a head rush, passed back out and dreamt this dream that is known as "Meet The Spartans"

DamselFly
01-27-2008, 05:01 AM
I haven't watched it, and from what I've seen I don't expect to. It reminds me of one of those people that try to be random, but it's the bad kind of random. I know that sounds weird but there is a right and a wrong way to be random. If its not done right, like in 'Meet The Spartans' case, it turns out lame and just isn't funny.

BardTard
01-27-2008, 05:03 AM
I havn't seen it but~

It almost seems like the people that made this fell asleep while on LSD watching 300 then woke up to VH1 then got up to fast, had a head rush, passed back out and dreamt this dream that is known as "Meet The Spartans"

It did kinda seem like that. It was really funny though! Easily my new favorite movie!

Oh, but there was one preview they kept showing on TV that was never in the movie. I hate it when they do that. :mad2:

escobert
01-27-2008, 06:46 AM
Scary Movie 2 3 was the best of those i've seen. Epic Movie was pretty good, though the others were pretty lame.

Though Meet the Spartans does look funny.

Breine
01-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Meh. Maybe I'll rent it on DVD some day, but it's not likely.

scrumpleberry
01-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Never heard of it.

I enjoyed Scary Movie 3 the most.

Tallulah
01-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Not heard of it, either. :P

Though I did like the first Scary Movie, and Not Another Teen Movie. SM3, Date Movie and Epic Movie were teh suxx0rz, though.

ReloadPsi
01-27-2008, 03:57 PM
My favorite part was when they were holding hands and skipping to "I will survive!" :lol: I couldn't stop laughing for like an entire minute after.

Figurative emasculation to happy-ish music? Wow, never seen that in a parody before! The bar for parody movies is so low these days.

Roto13
01-27-2008, 04:13 PM
The first Scary Movie was the only movie I ever walked out on. I refuse to see anything that might be even the slightest bit like it.

ff is da best
01-27-2008, 05:06 PM
when i first saw the preview of meet the spartans i thought it was a second part to 300 but then it all turned out to be a joke.

as much as it may be funny it ruins the whole 300 image.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-27-2008, 07:17 PM
ill rent it if i see it

Ryth
01-27-2008, 08:20 PM
It is times like these that make me miss Mel Brooks.

I expected this movie to be horrible, it is January and from the fools who defacate a new Scary/Epic/Date/something else dumb Movie every year or so. This whole movie is a tired piece of crap that will make money off of people with the lowest of IQs. The Internet has already raped the "THIS IS SPARTAAAAA!" joke to death. More yawn with the Brittney and American Idol jokes. They also have a breakdancing battle, the oldest joke in the book, topped off with the disgustingly generic "You got served." It is more random, tired, shallow comedy in the worst way possible and everyone just seems to eat it up.

Anyone who likes this should feel very, very dirty.

Depression Moon
01-27-2008, 08:54 PM
It looks funny I might see it, but I would most prefer to wait for the movie to come on TV so I can watch it for free.

NeoCracker
01-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Well I'm going to go see this today. So HAH! to the haters.

Caraliz
01-27-2008, 10:15 PM
It is times like these that make me miss Mel Brooks.

Anyone who likes this should feel very, very dirty.

:love:

ThundagAuron
02-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Pure garbage. People need to stop going to these movies so they'll stop making them, plain and simple. They're disgraces to film-making. :mad2: