PDA

View Full Version : strange quirks?

Caraliz
01-28-2008, 12:05 AM
i have quite a few quirks, but the strangest by far is my love of threes and ones. i can't stand twos.

for instance, if i'm composing a journal entry or story or anything, there can't be two paragraphs i break it off into. there has to be either one paragraph, three paragraphs, or from then on it doesn't matter.

also, with names. i can't stand when it's just a first name and a last name. i'd prefer just one name, or three names. there are exceptions, but twos just bother me.

so, eoff, what are your quirks?

Rantz
01-28-2008, 12:13 AM
I get annoyed when people don't format their text the correct way in word processors. But that's other people's fault of course. :rolleyes2

Bahamut2000X
I'm fairly OCD and neurotic. I tend to touch things more then I should, but it has to be even, if I touch something with me left hand, I have to have the same equal touch feeling on the my right side or vice versa. I wash my hands way more then I should, probably 3 dozen+ times a day. I spit anytime something disgusting pops into my head or I see something disgusting. I also am constantly straightening things and making them straight and lined up more then they should be.

Over all I think I'm mostly a mess one way or another.

Aerith's Knight
I can only eat sandwiches in even numbers(ergo two slices on top of each other, or 2 of those, etc)

Denmark
01-28-2008, 12:21 AM
elizabeth, your post has four lines delimited by carriage returns! am I supposed to read this as 3+1 (or alternately, 1+3) as opposed to 2x2 or 2^2 or 2+2?

I obsessively keep checking things that I know won't change any time soon.

I like to know lots of facts and I hate to argue. And I like to use obscure words correctly in conversation (and in other forms of communication, of course).

I dunno, everything's quirky about me!

Avarice-ness
01-28-2008, 12:45 AM
I have clinically defined OCD, so my quirks are...

very obvious and very abundant.

I think my boyfriends favorite OCD moment of mine was when I held my VERY MESSY burger with both my hands, then realized this and basically had a nice meltdown and held my hand back and went "ARGH. > <!" as if it was melting off.

Basically I only eat with my right hand and I have my left hand in my lap holding my napkin, saddly sometimes the food is to big for my right hand so I have to have my left hand helping and.. yeah this was the reason why I hate using two hands to eat. > <! One hand always -has- to stay clean, or else my world crumples. :(

Madame Adequate
01-28-2008, 01:07 AM
I read this thread as 'strange quarks'

And I guess the strange quirk is that it made me happy :(

Captain Maxx Power
01-28-2008, 01:37 AM
Is telling everyone you meet you're awesome a quirk?

Aerith's Knight
01-28-2008, 01:41 AM
Is telling everyone you meet you're awesome a quirk?

no.. thats ego.. or a fact in my case :)

blackmage_nuke
01-28-2008, 01:55 AM
I see numbers and usually factorise them in my head and feel a strange satsisfaction when i see large prime numbers and thier multiples, perfect powers and thier multiples of numbers, multiples of 3, 7 or 12
It gets strangely distracting like when i do it as i collect the coins in mario.

Also im constantly touching metal. When i walk past something metal (and not attached to someone) i usually reach out and touch it. i developed the habit so i wouldnt get hit unexpectdedly by static electricit so often

Caraliz
01-28-2008, 02:26 AM
elizabeth, your post has four lines delimited by carriage returns! am I supposed to read this as 3+1 (or alternately, 1+3) as opposed to 2x2 or 2^2 or 2+2?

I obsessively keep checking things that I know won't change any time soon.

I like to know lots of facts and I hate to argue. And I like to use obscure words correctly in conversation (and in other forms of communication, of course).

I dunno, everything's quirky about me!
NO NO NO!!! i hate twos! :mad2:

i obsessively check things as well! then feel stupid about checking them obsessively!

and as a third liner, i say, what a fine hat!

Also im constantly touching metal. When i walk past something metal (and not attached to someone) i usually reach out and touch it. i developed the habit so i wouldnt get hit unexpectdedly by static electricit so often

I always HAVE to touch things where I don't know how they feel. it's not so bad if I can imagine how it feels or something, but if i'm uncertain, I have to reach out and touch it. even if it's a person. xD

escobert
01-28-2008, 02:33 AM
I can't stand things dirty at work but I'm not exactly clean at home.
I also cant stand my hands being wet like after taking them out of the sink. I must dry them everytime xD
also I count like every thing. I'm always counting :skull::skull::skull::skull: xD

Momiji
01-28-2008, 02:45 AM
Seeing people put apostrophes in words incorrectly sets me off. Just a quirk.

Also, I always save my favorite of anything for last (for example, if I had an apple, a banana, and a strawberry, I'll always save the strawberry (my favorite of the three) for last). I don't know why, I just do.

rubah
01-28-2008, 02:50 AM
I love organizing my writing with indentations xD (and with p tags in html). So much that when in the second semester of general engineering where we were told to use indentation and line breaks to organize our written papers and also to use all caps, I smiled and laughed because I did all that already.

(my personal journal entries are crazy to look at because I write them starting at a corner going diagonally towards the opposite corner, slightly off topic)

I'm kinda compulsive about recycling, and when my dorm moved the recycling bins from the ground floor to one on each residence floor, it's only gotten worse xD I can't stand when stu or our friends throw cans or paper in the trash instead of keeping them separate. I have a bag for paper, a bag for plastic bags and other plastics, and two cans sitting on a little set of drawers.

If I discover or find a way to write a letter that I just love, I will go to lengths to include it in my handwriting.

I like to divide foods like potato and apple slices and pretzels into threes in my mouth before I chew them up xD I don't do that as much as I did when I was little, though.

Caraliz
01-28-2008, 03:27 AM
Also, I always save my favorite of anything for last (for example, if I had an apple, a banana, and a strawberry, I'll always save the strawberry (my favorite of the three) for last). I don't know why, I just do.
not so much a quirk as a psychological thing! it's called delaying gratification and it also means you probably do that with other things too, which is a good thing, according to scott peck. :D

41-Inches-Wide
01-28-2008, 03:57 AM
I tend to touch things more then I should, but it has to be even, if I touch something with my left hand, I have to have the same equal touch feeling on the my right side or vice versa.

:monster: or else my body feels unbalanced. The arm with the most touch feels a lot heavier.

Breine
01-28-2008, 05:01 PM
I tend to blow my nose several times a day, even if I don't have a flu or anything.

Also, I always have to go pee right before we eat dinner. Strange.

Madame Adequate
01-28-2008, 06:20 PM
I tend to touch things more then I should, but it has to be even, if I touch something with my left hand, I have to have the same equal touch feeling on the my right side or vice versa.

:monster: or else my body feels unbalanced. The arm with the most touch feels a lot heavier.

Yeah I used to be like that, now it only has to be done with my fingers though. Lawls OCD. D:

Quindiana Jones
01-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I always look, speak and act drunk.

And when I am actually drunk, I could quite easily pass as Cap'n Jack Sparrow sans the suit. It's depressing really. :(

But I have loads and loads and loads and loads of strange quirks. Literally BILLIONS!

BardTard
01-28-2008, 06:24 PM

My shoelaces have to be tied equally in tightness. Or else my body feels unbalanced. Sometimes it takes forever to get it right. :mog:
This is why I prefer wearing shoes that don't lace up.

Zeldy
01-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Oh my god, I can't say I really have a quirk. I'm too lazy for that, I'd just get bored of them.

I am very fussy over spellings (when you type it wrong it's an accident, but when you actually can't spell a word) but that's just a preference, I can't be any where near a ticking clock or if there's a wind catching a door and making it hit the lock millions of times I physically HAVE to get up and shut the door or shut the window, but they're just annoyances. I don't think I have any quirks, really.

fire_of_avalon
01-28-2008, 11:07 PM
I guess my quirks are all normal to me. I can't think of anything I do that's weird.