PDA

View Full Version : What is the meaning of this heinous joke?

Dragon Mage
01-28-2008, 12:29 AM
A pebble? A pebble? I cut down a monster, painstakingly steal and poach and slaughter thousands of the cursed creatures and the majority of what I get is... pebbles?

You reeeeeaally screwed up bad this time, SE! It's a great game in all aspects but this! I demand my payment in full, for all the beastloard hides/horns, wyverns wings, embroidered tippets, crystals, gems and countless other things in return for those insulting pebbles.

and if it weren't bad enough..., when you've sold 99 of the things, you can buy 99 more at the bazaar for the mindblowing price of 999 gil! For this audacity, I demand the ultima blade!

Join me my fellow gamers! Revolt against the pebbles!!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-28-2008, 12:40 AM
I eventually took to holding onto 99 Pebbles at all times, just so I would stop receiving them.

Dragon Mage
01-28-2008, 12:45 AM
But still, this does not solve the problem of constantly recieving them as LOOT.

is there a cheat, code, hax, antything to turn the pebbles into something else or eliminating them all together?

Goldenboko
01-28-2008, 01:14 AM
Just think of it as this: If you get a pebble that means you where going to give you nothing, so they gave you this as a prize for trying.

Heath
01-28-2008, 01:15 AM
I eventually took to holding onto 99 Pebbles at all times, just so I would stop receiving them.

I did that and also because it would contribute to the overall image of controlling some kind of oppression-fighting vagabonds that had taken to collecting pebbles in the name of Dalmasca. Actually, that's a lie, but holding on to 99 pebbles outside of a computer game must be some sign of madness. Or at least a sign of being a beach.

They were particularly useless, but I suppose it added to the MMORPG feel of the game that you'd have at least something as useless as pebbles to receive from defeating enemies.

Dragon Mage
01-28-2008, 01:16 AM
.... does not make me happy.

I wish to revolt against them!

Roogle
01-28-2008, 04:25 PM

I had little to no problem getting 99 Pebbles at once. You know, because anytime you set someone to actually Poach a monster, you're probably going to get a Pebble unless the monster looks like it would have something that you would actually get while poaching it.

I, personally, am a little disturbed that you get a Pebble for poaching any human or humanoid creature. That is a little disconcerting, isn't it? I guess it's less horrific than getting one sheet of Hume Skin per poach, but still...

Dragon Mage
01-29-2008, 01:09 AM
hehehehehe, hume skin, rofls.

that'd just be sick.

I'm still pissed with the pebbles though. It shouldn't be such a friggin' common loot item. I want stuff that'll actually get me gil!

ff is da best
01-29-2008, 10:16 AM
hehehehehe, hume skin, rofls.

that'd just be sick.

I'm still pissed with the pebbles though. It shouldn't be such a friggin' common loot item. I want stuff that'll actually get me gil!

yeah i agree lets start a riot hahahahahaha..

look_out_below
01-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Buying the forgotten grimores will give you better chances of getting more worth while loot. The grimores come with hefty price tags but are worth it in the long run.

mose-schrute
02-14-2008, 03:39 AM
Maybe I'm extremely lucky but I don't even remember getting any pebbles unless I completely overlooked them and thought of them as just another cheap loot I was selling. Awwee

Ouch!
02-14-2008, 03:45 AM
If you didn't get pebbles, it likely means you never purchased the grimoires.

mose-schrute
02-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Okay, so I started playing and now I've noticed the pebbles more than ever. =[

Anno Domini
02-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Okay, so I started playing and now I've noticed the pebbles more than ever. =[
now that is just frippin hillarious!

Skyblade
02-26-2008, 10:27 PM
I believe that the Pebbles are a side effect of the Grimoires, aren't they? They give you better loot from most monsters, but also give you lots of junk Pebbles. Fair trade, IMHO.

mose-schrute
02-27-2008, 04:05 AM
aww LOL. i swear, the moment i picked up the controller and beat a fiend i got a pebble and i blame it on this thread!

Aerith's Knight
02-27-2008, 03:27 PM
pebbles are awsome, who wouldnt like them?

and they come in such pretty colors :love:

Roogle
02-27-2008, 04:09 PM
I believe that the Pebbles are a side effect of the Grimoires, aren't they? They give you better loot from most monsters, but also give you lots of junk Pebbles. Fair trade, IMHO.

I received Pebbles from a lot of monsters from poaching and stealing even without any grimoire items. I remember the first Pebble I got was from taking the time to steal from that first rare hunt that the game forces you to go on as a part of the story. What was it? Savage Tomato or something? He carries a Pebble as a stealable item.

demondude
02-27-2008, 05:18 PM
To be honest I was more annoyed when my swords and bows couldn't defeat the enemies but knots of rust did?

Skyblade
02-27-2008, 08:41 PM

I received Pebbles from a lot of monsters from poaching and stealing even without any grimoire items. I remember the first Pebble I got was from taking the time to steal from that first rare hunt that the game forces you to go on as a part of the story. What was it? Savage Tomato or something? He carries a Pebble as a stealable item.

I was talking for drop items, not poaching or stealing. Sorry, should've been more specific. I don't think you find them in drops unless you have a grimoire. I could be wrong, though.

Bolivar
02-28-2008, 01:01 AM
^i'm pretty sure that's true, i only recently bought the grimoires after like 70 hours and never get a pebble before that.

I don't think having 99 stops you from getting them either, i was just harvesting blood darkened bones and kept getting some after the 99 mark.

Cloudane
03-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Ha. One of the bazaar goods was a "fond memory of childhood" or something, it talked about memories on the beach of the person's deceased grandfather, something around those lines? I was all excited, if only for the story. It was 99 pebbles. Bloomin mickey-taking game, thanks for that :rolleyes2

KoShiatar
03-03-2008, 12:37 PM
I sell pebbles so the Bazar will have more goods for me more quickly. Other than that they're useless.