PDA

View Full Version : Children Hating

Evastio
01-28-2008, 02:51 AM
Personally do you hate children/young kids?

rubah
01-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Only while they're misbehaving. They're pretty nice otherwise (tired or asleep).

My nephews are wonderful when they are well behaved, but otherwise they are a headache.

I love seeing little kids that are sweet and well behaved in public. I give them sweet creepy-stranger smiles and pray their parents don't see and come after me with a pitch fork or hand bag ^_^

Momiji
01-28-2008, 02:55 AM
When they're loud, rude, and obnoxious (oh, about 65% of the time), I hate-hate-hate-HAAATE kids.

But when they're well behaved and nice, I love kids.

Bahamut2000X
01-28-2008, 02:57 AM
I loathe the young. Almost as much as my hatred for the old.

But really I can't see why anyone could like em. Their loud, obnoxious, unknowledgeable, smell, are obsessed with the systems of the body that deal with fecal matter, not to mention their dirty and constantly have some form of liquid excreting from some orifice of their body.

Dolentrean
01-28-2008, 03:02 AM
Yes, I hate them. I often times threaten to duck tape them to the roof if they start pissing me off.

Vermachtnis
01-28-2008, 03:10 AM
I like kids. Except when they turn 12 and above and become brats.

BardTard
01-28-2008, 03:10 AM
Hate is such a strong word. I don't really care for kids. I don't want them and some kids really annoy me when they talk. Specifically little boys when you can't understand them. But no, I don't hate them, and I love my kid cousin, but most kids annoy the crap out of me.

Orestes
01-28-2008, 03:12 AM
I wouldn't go as far as to say that I hate them, but they do annoy the crap out of me sometimes.

Tavrobel
01-28-2008, 03:16 AM
Nothing worse than stupid twelve year olds that think that they are the be-all-end-all of video gaming.

Otherwise, I ignore them and answer questions liberally. So, my patience is pretty long for them to piss me off.

Miriel
01-28-2008, 03:20 AM
No no nooo.

I love kids. Adore them. I want a huge family of my own.

LunarWeaver
01-28-2008, 03:23 AM
I want to kill them, then eat them, then vomit them up and eat the vomit so I have eaten them twice and really emphasized my hatred through disgusting imagery.

No, really, kids and I just don't click at all. We hate each other, so it's a nice mutal understanding.

Avarice-ness
01-28-2008, 03:24 AM
I hope people who have a disliking for kids never have kids.

I like kids. :D

blackmage_nuke
01-28-2008, 03:29 AM
Better a kid hater then a pedophile.

I dont mind kids but then again im not around them that often anyway.

Bahamut2000X
01-28-2008, 03:32 AM
No, really, kids and I just don't click at all. We hate each other, so it's a nice mutal understanding.

You sir are quite lucky. I on the other hand always garnish their attention like some sort of Santa Clause meets Barnie freak of nature, despite my apparent wish for their absolute destruction.

Caraliz
01-28-2008, 03:32 AM
i've hated kids for a very long time, until i was recently watching a concert of my brother's wife, suzanne, and this lady was holding a baby in the seat in front of me. i thought, oh god not a baby please lord NO!!!

and then, mid-concert, the baby turns around and smiles and waves at me. it was just so beautiful and ... honest, that i wanted to cry. :cry:

and i guess, since then, i've been toying with the idea of having a family of my own one day. i think i've met the right person who would really support me and take care of me and the family, so i really wouldn't mind starting one. not now, of course, as i'm just 19 years old. maybe in a couple of years. i wouldn't want kids too late though.

i'm just so afraid that i'm going to be an awful parent, kind of like my parents were to me, but i'm hoping i can learn from their mistakes and move on.

41-Inches-Wide
01-28-2008, 03:47 AM
I love kids! Even when they're misbehaving and being rude. Even if they throw things in my face. I like guiding them and caring for them and do lame magic tricks for them and let them eat all my cakes and biscuits that I make <3

escobert
01-28-2008, 03:52 AM
I'm not that fond of babies but once they can walk I'm cool xD I like my niece who's like 16 months but she's chill :p I'm sure it will be different if I have kids.

I've always sorta had it ingrained in my from my family that I'm going to have kids. If my wife really didn't wanna then I'd be fine with it.

Chimp
01-28-2008, 04:42 AM
They can be cute and I don't mind if they are loud (not crying) but when they start making a mess that I have to clean up I feel like punching holes in the walls and head butting people :{

Martyr
01-28-2008, 04:47 AM
I like kids. I'm pretty good with them, even under circumstances when other people find them overwhelmingly annoying or nasty or whatever.

For the most part, they like me too.

Hooray for children! I wish I could be 10 again.

Shiny
01-28-2008, 05:53 AM
I only like children when they're infants, but when they start talking proficiently is when I want to smack them. Oh young child, I miss the days when you were nearly mute.

The Unknown Guru
01-28-2008, 05:53 AM
I don't like irrational people. Kids count.

Also, babies freak me out.

Shlup
01-28-2008, 07:05 AM
My feelings are mixed. I think I mostly hate parents.

ff is da best
01-28-2008, 09:36 AM
nah not really they are kinda annoying at most times.

Holylulu
01-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Not really. But there some teens in my neighbourhood I don't like. They're really annoying me. But they're the only teens I don't like.
I always try to remember I was a child/teen too. :p

Rantz
01-28-2008, 11:13 AM
I say we keep them.

Fatal Impurity
01-28-2008, 11:37 AM
I hate kid's to the utmost degree...and yes I realise I was once a kid and that is the EXACT reason why. I was an unbearable child whilst growing up.

Captain Maxx Power
01-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Babies are cute. Then they learn how to talk and it goes downhill from there.

BardTard
01-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Babies are cute. Then they learn how to talk and it goes downhill from there.

I think it's worse when they can't talk. Cus then they scream when they need you to feed them or change their diaper when you're asleep at 3 in the morning. Yeah they're cute, but they're also annoying and a pain in the butt.

Once they learn to talk they're alright, as learn as they're understandable. And if they use that ability to talk instead of smiling staring at you and being creepy.

Breine
01-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Only if they're disrespectful, obnoxious, spoilt or misbehaving. Other than that kids can be very cute.

EDIT: But as Shlup said, parents are probably to blame if their kids are either one of those negative things mentioned up there.

Parker
01-28-2008, 06:10 PM
my friends little sister and her friends were putting make up on my clothes and it's like "dude! discipline your sis because i am not allowed to" and he wouldn't so i was all covered in lipstick and stuff.

kids just dont seem to respect my authority in general actually.,

Quindiana Jones
01-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Certain ones, yes.

Martyr
01-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Most of the people on this forum are kind of, if I must be blunt, you know... young. kiddish. Ya'll are mostly kids if you're under 18. Or 20.

Quindiana Jones
01-28-2008, 06:24 PM
That doesn't make us instantly annoying though, Captain Stereotype. :bigsmile:

Martyr
01-28-2008, 06:30 PM

lol.
First of all, you are annoying. Ya'll just don't think so because you're all in the same age group and your annoying aren't going to be noticeable until you're older and you witness it among young kids.

Second of all, I maintain stereotypes as the most effectively reliable methods of anticipatiing any experience with anybody.

After all, most things that I get called on for stereotyping are first-hand experiences with individual groups of people.

And I know kids damn well. I was one for many many years.

leader of mortals
01-28-2008, 06:32 PM
I hate every single kid and baby in the world outside of my family

escobert
01-28-2008, 06:32 PM
so why not be a grown up and get off a video game message board?

ReloadPsi
01-28-2008, 06:34 PM
I try not to have a problem with them, though at times I wish I could intervene on those misbehaving in their parents' company in public, a line I'll only normally cross if what they're doing affects me directly (like once when I was having my hair cut and this dumbass was trying to sweep up and nearly poked me in the eye with the broomhandle; I snapped at him to stop and his mother unexpectedly sided with me!) but otherwise it can sometimes be funny to watch them flap around in a tantrum because there's bugger all they can do.

Ah yes, kids are funny.

Martyr
01-28-2008, 06:34 PM
so why not be a grown up and get off a video game message board?

Being a grown up sucks.
And I don't entirely feel like one yet. I'm not that old, I don't think.

And it isn't really so annoying online. I like hearing about your thoughts and opinions on things. It's good not to have to try and control anything.

Evastio
01-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Personally I only hate kids when they're annoying, loud, disrespectful, uncivilized, and whiny.

It suprises me how much of you like kids (especially the ones that I expected to be children haters).

Quindiana Jones
01-28-2008, 06:36 PM

lol.
First of all, you are annoying. Ya'll just don't think so because you're all in the same age group and your annoying aren't going to be noticeable until you're older and you witness it among young kids.

Second of all, I maintain stereotypes as the most effectively reliable methods of anticipatiing any experience with anybody.

After all, most things that I get called on for stereotyping are first-hand experiences with individual groups of people.

And I know kids damn well. I was one for many many years.

Everyone's annoying. You're annoying, I'm annoying, she's annoying, he's annoying. It's especially annoying to think that, just because you're older, you're less annoying. Mmmm...taste the irony.

Anticipating it wrong can be hurtful. Assumptions are pointless in a diverse world. I live my life without them, or with as little as possible, and I have yet to have any confrontations due to it.

Also, you can't "know kids", or anybody for that matter. You are aware that humans aren't all exactly the same right?

Martyr
01-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Also, you can't "know kids", or anybody for that matter. You are aware that humans aren't all exactly the same right?

Yeah. You're exactly right on all accounts.

Except that stereotypes don't always hurt other people.
Racism hurts other people.

Stereoptypes are simply an idea that helps me anticipate something. If my stereotype fails, then I'm in no worse shape than if I hadn't stereotyped at all. I'm not such a whacko that I'm surprised if my stereotype is wrong.

But also, stereotypes wouldn't exist except for the fact that the odds are in their favor. The fact that all people are different has little bearing unless you're looking to form a relationship with somebody.

I can't "know" kids, but I can sure as heck "roughly catagorize" teenagers, preteens, preschoolers, college students, etc.

You're right, though, that things get very difficult around other people my age. If I understood such things, I'd be rich. When I understand it, I'll be too busy being 30.

Shauna
01-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Kids can be alright. Until they decide that they're going to be loud, obnoxious and violent. Especially violent. But yeah, I think they're great. =]

Quindiana Jones
01-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Ah, my apologies. I misunderstood your initial post.

I was assuming (lol) that you were saying you would act differently depending on your stereotype, which could offend someone if it went wrong. But, no, I get you now.

And good point.

Raebus
01-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Kids can the spawn of Satan at times, but they're great to have around other times. :]

Madame Adequate
01-28-2008, 07:28 PM
My feelings are mixed. I think I mostly hate parents.

This.

I love kids. They're awesome. I think I want kids. And I see so much potential in kids.

Quindiana Jones
01-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I love kids. They're awesome. I think I want kids. And I see so much potential in kids.

I hate that word with every fibre of my being that isn't devoted to self-loathing.

Araciel
01-28-2008, 09:01 PM
No. But I don't like them either.

Jess
01-28-2008, 09:04 PM
I love kids, just not early in the morning. :jess:

Quindiana Jones
01-28-2008, 09:06 PM
I love kids, just not early in the morning. :jess:

Jess, that's sick. :mad2:

Araciel
01-28-2008, 09:11 PM
She meant she'd rather have them for lunch...that's not sick, that's healthy.

Quindiana Jones
01-28-2008, 09:12 PM
That's what she wants you to think.

Araciel
01-28-2008, 09:14 PM
The fact that anyone would want me to think at all is disturbing.

Quindiana Jones
01-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Exactly my point.

Jess
01-28-2008, 09:21 PM
I do not want to eat children. ;D

Kids drive me mad if I've just woken up. I worked in a Nursery for some care experience in December and man, at 8.30am they drive you nuts because they're so full of energy and screaming and arghhhh. :jess:

Quindiana Jones
01-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Why not just give them knives and tell them to go play tag?

Rase
01-28-2008, 09:59 PM
As long as they aren't total little brats me and kids get along pretty swimmingly.

Project G
01-29-2008, 03:05 PM
I despise young kids who are always rude and loud, but when they are asleep or being quiet (Although very rare) they're ok I guess, still a little annoying.

If I ever have kids, I'll probably be one of them evil fathers that discipline really heavily

Breine
01-29-2008, 04:07 PM
I do not want to eat children. ;D

Kids drive me mad if I've just woken up. I worked in a Nursery for some care experience in December and man, at 8.30am they drive you nuts because they're so full of energy and screaming and arghhhh. :jess:

Yeah, kids are small vessels of energy. Some years ago I was a trainee at a kindergarten, and man.. kids can be a big handful. Although it's super-fun to play with them outside in the playground, it just gets tiring that they're all very attention seeking. You really have to concentrate all of the time. It can be fun, but also quite stressful.

Rantz
01-29-2008, 04:14 PM
I despise young kids who are always rude and loud, but when they are asleep or being quiet (Although very rare) they're ok I guess, still a little annoying.
I love how you think they're still a bit annoying when they sleep. :jess:

Aerith's Knight
01-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Kids seem to love me.. maybe im just a big kid.. but i love kids as well and i cant wait to be a dad ^__^

KentaRawr!
01-29-2008, 05:28 PM
I can't really say that I do, considering I'm not even completely out of my child-hood yet. However, I wouldn't go as far as to say that someone around the age of, say, 8, is someone to be hated just due to their age and inexperience. They're just not someone I'm going to hang out with, because they're at a stage of development besides my own, so I'd probably feel as though I'm baby-sitting them. It seems like the only ages that are really compatible are the ones above 25, because everyone above that age thinks they're old.

edczxcvbnm
01-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Kids rule. The only thing I have found that I really can't stand is them going around and picking everything up...but I blame the parents for that one. Look with your eyes and not with your hands.

Screaming, running around and asking trillions of retarded questions do not bug me in the slightest.

Polaris
01-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Kids are never annoying and babies are even less! :( They're innocent little cute angels! ^^ Everytime I see a kid on the street I hug my bf and say 'OMG that kid is soooooooooooooooo cute'! So for me kids are never annoying! :D They just get annoying when they're 10 :(

NeoCracker
01-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Kids are never annoying and babies are even less! :( They're innocent little cute angels! ^^ Everytime I see a kid on the street I hug my bf and say 'OMG that kid is soooooooooooooooo cute'! So for me kids are never annoying! :D They just get annoying when they're 10 :(
Yeah, for some reason this post scares the living hell out of me.

And I generally hate kids. Don't think I'll ever have any.

LanceOfTime
01-29-2008, 07:16 PM
such extremes the young have...TOO MUCH ENERGY...and lack of care for anything, the masters of annoyance, id rather not have to deal with a child if i can help it(until i have my own) but thats what my wife will be for. and honestly, old people are worse than kids -.- its like once you hit a certain age you become uber pissed and strict and always bitch people out for nothing, complete rudeness sets in as you become the idol of all who love to be asses

Aerith's Knight
01-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah, for some reason this post scares the living hell out of me.

And I generally hate kids. Don't think I'll ever have any.

I know i should be too.. but for some reason i dont :p

I wish i had a gf like that :)

Chemical
01-30-2008, 02:44 PM
I used to hate even the idea of children, but sometimes when I'm not looking my maternal instincts kick in and I rub my stomach with anticipation.

Peegee
01-30-2008, 02:48 PM
I used to hate even the idea of children, but sometimes when I'm not looking my maternal instincts kick in and I rub my stomach with anticipation.

Suppress that urge! You have free will! Fight the power!

I see children as a financial burden. You can't exactly counter that unless you do something like equate subjective mental benefits with monetary sums of money (think of the good times and memories you will get raising a child! Wouldn't I have fun regardless, or are you saying children are a necessary component of enjoyment?)

Serapy
01-30-2008, 02:52 PM
You hate them because they were misbehaving? That's a bit hypocritical if you ask me, because I'm sure you have been badly behaving in your childhood at least once or more.

I know i should be too.. but for some reason i dont

I wish i had a gf like that

You've already got a GF, Aerith.

Chemical
01-30-2008, 02:56 PM

I see children as a financial burden. You can't exactly counter that unless you do something like equate subjective mental benefits with monetary sums of money (think of the good times and memories you will get raising a child! Wouldn't I have fun regardless, or are you saying children are a necessary component of enjoyment?)

It's true. Children are an extreme financial burden;
However, children are also a form of retirement plan.

Think of all the errands and assistance they may provide when you're too old and feeble to do any of it yourself. Not to mention that a lot of old people tend to fight depression caused by lonliness - and having obligatory family gathering and just family in general tends to remove some of that.

Jessweeee♪
01-30-2008, 03:21 PM
As long as I don't have to give birth to one.

Mercen-X
01-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Only while they're misbehaving.

Ah ya tired of those rowdy runts always running about and knocking things down? Is the noise of their giggles and fits and whining for their selfish wants given you a deathly headache? Are you finding yourself about ready to knock some heads or strangle'em to shut'em up? Don't waste your energy.
Just send the little buggers to Mad Mod's School for Misbehavin' Children. I'll straigten'em out... the ol' British way.

Araciel
01-30-2008, 07:05 PM

It's true. Children are an extreme financial burden;
However, children are also a form of retirement plan.

Think of all the errands and assistance they may provide when you're too old and feeble to do any of it yourself. Not to mention that a lot of old people tend to fight depression caused by lonliness - and having obligatory family gathering and just family in general tends to remove some of that.

Looks like I'm putting on my steel-toed boots again...

Aerith's Knight
01-30-2008, 07:09 PM
You hate them because they were misbehaving? That's a bit hypocritical if you ask me, because I'm sure you have been badly behaving in your childhood at least once or more.

I do?.. do i know about her?.. and if you mean aerith.. thats a video game character :p.. but ill start looking for one when i get back from the US i guess :)

demondude
01-30-2008, 07:47 PM
http://www.evilkid.com/comics/ek2003/comics/lobsters.jpg

Yeah.

Yamaneko
01-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Adults are more annoying than children. That's not to say kids aren't, but it's the parents that need a good beating.

NeoCracker
01-30-2008, 08:12 PM

Nothing hypocritical about it. I mean if I met myself as a baby, I can admit I'd want to smack me around.

Jessweeee♪
01-31-2008, 02:52 PM
I can't handle a misbehaving child :(

That's why I don't babysit for anyone, I'd probably just let the kid have his/her way xD

fire_of_avalon
01-31-2008, 03:20 PM
Kids are the best kind of people. I want four so I can start a family band, like people used to do in the '70's. there aren't any right now. It's an untapped market.

None of you steal my idea. :mad2:

Araciel
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
That's true foa, but they also sold pet rocks in the 70s...there's a reason some things go out of style.

Nominus Experse
01-31-2008, 05:36 PM
I absolutely love kids. I hear they go well with soy sauce.

Misfit
01-31-2008, 05:38 PM
Depends on if their parents know how to raise kids or not, I like kids but if they're little jerks then they can just get eatted by a lion. >:[