PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on Final Fantasy Plays Final Fantasy I

Psychotic
01-28-2008, 06:18 AM
http://www.eyesonff.com/images/EoFF-Plays-FFI-Banner.jpg
propz to Azar.

I've completed the Final Fantasy games. I've been a member here for five years and I've said all I'm going to say on the subject. I've talked about my favourite characters, my favourite scene, my favourite weapon over and over again, and I suppose it has got stale. Sound familiar?

We're a Final Fantasy forum and most of us don't play the games anymore. Well, let's change that!

February is going to be Final Fantasy I month. Us good folk on your staff are going to play us some Final Fantasy I (I'm going to be playing my Origins edition! But you can play whatever version you have) and I hope you'll be joining us. I'm a competetive guy, and I'd love to give some of you a race to the finish! And I'd love to talk about the game with you guys too.

Basically we're hoping this'll rekindle everyone's love for that classic gaming series, and maybe it'll encourage some people to play a FF they've never played before.

To spice things up, we will be creating challenges, holding FFI related graphics/art/writing contests, and maybe we'll even have an FFI RP. Please participate. All we want you to do is play a great game next month and talk to some good people about it! Not too hard, is it? ;)

So, are you in? :greenie:

LunarWeaver
01-28-2008, 06:23 AM
I hired a large man in flannel to threaten me into playing FFI and it never worked. I think this might just be the push I needed to actually play it! Although I suck at challenges. I think my challenge will have to be just beating it and taking a screenshot that I will print and frame.

Psychotic
01-28-2008, 06:25 AM
Haha, yeah, just beating the game is going to be considered a challenge.

Jack
01-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Since I've just woken up, and have an exam in 2 hrs, I cannot be bothered to check Wikipedia. could you please tell me what platforms FFI is on Psychotic boyo!

XxSephirothxX
01-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Beating the game is probably going to be the only challenge I'll be able to achieve, as well. :D But for you hardcore gamers out there, there will be some impressive stuff to dig your paws into. The competition could get fierce. ;)

Also, you can get FFI on quite a few consoles, but most likely you'll be playing it on:
NES
Playstation 1
Gameboy Advance
Playstation Portable

Psychotic
01-28-2008, 06:28 AM
NES, Wonderswan Color, PlayStation, GBA and PSP. Plenty of choice! As I said, I'm going for the PlayStation Origins version.

Denmark
01-28-2008, 06:40 AM
You realize my original username when I joined was Astos. I will definitely play along with you guys, though I'm in no good state to race. I'm probably too busy to put enough time into it, and I like to level a lot (I'm sorry, Marsh Cave and Earth Cave rape me if I don't level enough and get the right equipment before them). Also, anyone not playing the NES version (in my case, it would be emulated; I would most definitely play my NES cartridge if I had the NES and cartridge here at school with me) is not hardcore enough.

I might have to either switch back to my Coneria/Corneria sig or create a new one. You don't know how much I am in support of this, Psy. Actually, you probably do. You know me so well. <3

Jiro
01-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Sounds like fun.Will give me a good excuse to play them again. Though, I'll probably be left behind in the race :D
Great idea guys.

rubah
01-28-2008, 06:48 AM
I kinda regret having to start over in my almost-gumptioned ff1 playthrough, but at least I didn't even get to elf-land, no biggie 8)

Freya
01-28-2008, 06:51 AM
I'll have to get an emulator but i'll try to give it a whirl!

rubah
01-28-2008, 06:53 AM
For the record, Eyes on Final Fantasy does not officially endorse the use of emulators, ROMS, or BIOS files. We will not permit the discussion of where or how to obtain these items on these message boards, as per our usual policy.

(but we're not going to interrogate you on how you participate either)

[edit- eest, if you see this, feel free to edit it for legalese:D]

NeoCracker
01-28-2008, 06:57 AM
Ya know, WTF.

I'll give FF1 another go. Didn't really enjoy it all that much originally.

The only question I have before I start is, do your stats go up more after your class changes?

Ouch!
01-28-2008, 06:59 AM
I'll take a crack at Origins, sure.

NeoCracker
01-28-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm going old School NES baby.

Caraliz
01-28-2008, 07:01 AM
I'll play the gba version. After I finish FFIX I'll start on FFI. :jess:

Jack
01-28-2008, 07:02 AM
Well, it all depends if the missus gets her DS any time soon, then I'll have a crack on the GBA version. Otherwise, I might have to wait until you start doing later FFs.

But have fun kiddies.

XxSephirothxX
01-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Just make sure you guys don't jump the gun and start right now--we want to make sure everyone has an equal opportunity at the beginning, because it'll be an important aspect in the race to complete some of our challenges. :cool:

escobert
01-28-2008, 07:16 AM
I just started 7 but maybe I'll play some 1 :p

Yamaneko
01-28-2008, 07:22 AM
I'll play the Dawn of Souls release. At least I'll try to.

Denmark
01-28-2008, 07:26 AM
The only question I have before I start is, do your stats go up more after your class changes?

I'm pretty sure they do in Final Fantasy for the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom Disk System. If stats don't go up, then abilities do and it's still well worth your while to venture up to the Cardia Islands and the Castle of Ordeal (notice that the words I used are not, in fact, Cardian or Ordeals).

By the way, anyone who calls the best sword in this game (DMG +56, HIT% +50) the Masamune will be shunned, ignored, and shot. There is only one a in the word Masmune. I am deathly serious about this.

NeoCracker
01-28-2008, 07:40 AM

I'm pretty sure they do in Final Fantasy for the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom Disk System. If stats don't go up, then abilities do and it's still well worth your while to venture up to the Cardia Islands and the Castle of Ordeal (notice that the words I used are not, in fact, Cardian or Ordeals).

By the way, anyone who calls the best sword in this game (DMG +56, HIT% +50) the Masamune will be shunned, ignored, and shot. There is only one a in the word Masmune. I am deathly serious about this.
I meant per Level.

Like lets say a fighter gets +3 STR after a level, and the Knight gets +5 after a level instead. Does something like this happen, or do your stats go up the same per level regardless?

Leeza
I'll play the NES version. :cat:

Ramza Beoulve
Mmm, interesting. I'll have to take the dust off from my DoS version.

Necronopticous
01-28-2008, 09:34 AM
I approve

http://www.JEREMYTIME/upload/cartridge.gif

oddler
01-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Dawn of Souls, for me. I... I just beat this game.

What better reason to play it again! :choc2:

Cookie
01-28-2008, 10:34 AM
I'll play if I can find my copy. ;[

Baloki
01-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Forum announcement might be a good idea?

Captain Maxx Power
01-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Is it destiny that I happen to have got a PSP for my birthday and FF1 along with it to boot? Probably not, but I'm still in.

Roto13
01-28-2008, 02:44 PM
But it's boring. :(

fire_of_avalon
01-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Roto, don't ruin our fun with your whining. Either come to play, or stay home! xD

I've never played this game before, so I'm crazy excited. You guys are going to have to help me so much it's ridiculous.

Levian
01-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Nice initiative, whorebag. Never played this game before, so I'll give this a shot. GBA version it is.

I assume this will start Feb. 1st? :p

Shoeberto
01-28-2008, 02:59 PM
If you guys can, feel free to take pictures of yourself at the start and finish of the game (obviously with the screen in the background).

I'm pretty sure I'm going after the Dawn of Souls version.

Breine
01-28-2008, 03:35 PM
This is a lovely idea, Psy and it sounds like it'll be super-fun :hat:

I'll be playing the Origins version then.

Rantz
01-28-2008, 03:38 PM
I'll try and finish it for the first time.

Breine
01-28-2008, 03:47 PM
I'll try and finish it for the first time.

Yeah me too. This is a great way to finally beat the game.

qwertysaur
01-28-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm in too. This is a great idea. :p

Psychotic
01-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Awesome. I'm excited to see so many people wanting to join in! Now I have to spend the next couple of days making an important decision: What I'll name my characters. :D

Breine
01-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Awesome. I'm excited to see so many people wanting to join in! Now I have to spend the next couple of days making an important decision: What I'll name my characters. :D

Oh yeah. I had totally forgotten about that. You have to name all four characters right of the bat..!

Heath
01-28-2008, 04:52 PM
To spice things up, we will be creating challenges, holding FFI related graphics/art/writing contests, and maybe we'll even have an FFI RP.

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

Seriously, this sounds like a fun development and one that I think is a very good idea. We should be focussing on middle England Final Fantasy more and you can't go wrong with a bit of FFI.

Yamaneko
01-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Yes, but no one's gonna want to participate next month.

rubah
01-28-2008, 06:03 PM

Alli
Stu
Jasn
Paul is going to be my party I think. What class would you like to be, dear?

Levian
01-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Yer, what's a good set up for a first timer? ;o

Rantz
01-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Three Fighters and a White Mage :aimangel:

There, I've ordered a copy of Origins. Let's hope it gets delivered quickly!

Denmark
01-28-2008, 06:27 PM

I meant per Level.

Like lets say a fighter gets +3 STR after a level, and the Knight gets +5 after a level instead. Does something like this happen, or do your stats go up the same per level regardless?

I doubt that happens, but I've never actually checked.

Lev: a solid party to take that'll get you through the game comfortably is usually Fighter/xx/White Mage/Black Mage. Replace xx with Thief for best running ability and black magic after class change, Fighter for another tank and white magic after class change, Red Mage for more magic, Black Belt for straight damage, White Mage for more healing than you should need (though you might need it with three Mages), Black Mage for many magic damages. I recommend any of the first four.

XxSephirothxX
01-28-2008, 06:31 PM

Now that's dedication. :up:

When the actual day rolls around we'll have an offical event thread up and advertise it everywhere, so hopefully participation will be high. We're also going to have some sort of requirement (likely involving yourself, your game, and a digital camera) to ensure people going for challenges aren't cheating. ;)

LunarWeaver
01-28-2008, 06:44 PM
If we're not participating in any races can we use a walkthrough like a big wussy ovary? :mastersha

Since I'm doing the GBA version, I believe I will do the extra dungeon just for that sprinkle of bragging rights. And I will tell everybody I meet on the street about it until the day I die.

Psychotic
01-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Paul is going to be my party I think. What class would you like to be, dear?FIGHTER! :jess:

Yer, what's a good set up for a first timer? ;oI went with Fighter, White Mage, Black Mage and Thief.

This time I might go with Fighter, Fighter, White Mage, Black Belt.
If we're not participating in any races can we use a walkthrough like a big wussy ovary? Go for it. Although part of the idea of this is to encourage discussion, so hopefully we can all share tips for bosses and things.

Madame Adequate
01-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Great idea. I have so much else going on that I won't be racing through it, but I just put in an order for Origins. There are older FFS I really need to play through. This is one of them. Will there be an FF per month, or what?

Linus
01-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I will not be participating in this until Unne tells me I need to.

XxSephirothxX
01-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Great idea. I have so much else going on that I won't be racing through it, but I just put in an order for Origins. There are older FFS I really need to play through. This is one of them. Will there be an FF per month, or what?
It all depends on popularity and how long people are interested, but don't expect this to be a one time thing. ;)

I will not be participating in this until Unne tells me I need to.
A Final Fantasy I endorsement by Dr Unne would be most wonderful.

Madame Adequate
01-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks, Azar. I've got VI onwards, but I'd need to pick up Anthology and find out where the heck to get III... anyway, time enough to worry about that! xD

escobert
01-28-2008, 07:38 PM

Now that's dedication. :up:

When the actual day rolls around we'll have an offical event thread up and advertise it everywhere, so hopefully participation will be high. We're also going to have some sort of requirement (likely involving yourself, your game, and a digital camera) to ensure people going for challenges aren't cheating. ;)

what if I'm emulating :p?

Breine
01-28-2008, 07:42 PM
It all depends on popularity and how long people are interested, but don't expect this to be a one time thing. ;)

I'm getting excited already just thinking about it. This is really a great way to play through the Final Fantasies you haven't completed, and to re-play the ones you haven't played in a long time.

Dr Unne
01-28-2008, 07:59 PM
You make me happy.

oddler
01-28-2008, 09:13 PM
I just went through with a Fighter, Black Belt, Black Belt, White Mage set up. I think I'll change a Black Belt out for a Red Mage this time.

What day and time is all this going to start? I assume February 1st 12 AM GMT.

Levian
01-28-2008, 09:26 PM
I wanna start now.

Denmark
01-28-2008, 09:30 PM
You could. It just wouldn't be fair.

I wanna start now too but there are so many things to think of! What do I want my party to be and what do I want to name them?

XxSephirothxX
01-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I just went through with a Fighter, Black Belt, Black Belt, White Mage set up. I think I'll change a Black Belt out for a Red Mage this time.

What day and time is all this going to start? I assume February 1st 12 AM GMT.
February 1st whenever we get the official thread up. :monster: And we're going to have some sort of requirement (probably a picture) to ensure people aren't using an old save file or a save state on an emulator, or something like that.

EDIT: So, in the meantime, use these few days to spread the love.

Madame Adequate
01-28-2008, 09:32 PM
You make me happy.

This is close enough to an official Unne endorsement for me.

Psychotic
01-28-2008, 09:43 PM
What day and time is all this going to start? I assume February 1st 12 AM GMT.Just February 1st. No specific time, really.

Den's sig is absolutely fantastic.

edczxcvbnm
01-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Wake me up when we get to FFIV or FFVII.

Denmark
01-28-2008, 10:11 PM
I'll have everyone know I put more work into getting the party to die the right way than I put into screenshotting and copy/pasting. The first time I tried it the Fighter and Thief died first and then that battle finished so they fell to the bottom of the party and screwed everything up. Though FAIL TEAM I AM EPIC might have been better. But that team's names were DEN, PSY, POOJ, and JEEB. :(

And I think for my real team's names I'm debating BORS, LEE, JED, and TOTH, though not with a Fi/BB/WM/BM team. No BBs for me.

Avarice-ness
01-28-2008, 10:15 PM
I think I'll do this, I'm debating on doing it on an NES emuator or my Dawn of Souls GBA, only 'cause I can't really screencap my GBA.

Tasura
01-28-2008, 10:58 PM
I'd play my origins version, but my Digital cam is an ass, so I'll go with emulating the GBA version probably.

Evastio
01-28-2008, 11:57 PM
I might join you guys.

This reminds me of the time where I used a Game Genie to make my White Mage have all Black Magic spells and vice versa. I also game my Red Mage level 8 spells that he was able to cast and I got a Black Belt some Level 1 magic and MP. :D

Umm... You wouldn't really consider the magic swapping between White and Black Mages cheating would you? I'm thinking of doing that for this FF1 Challenge thing of sorts.

For all people new to Final Fantasy 1: Warrior, Thief, White Mage, and Black Mage is the way to go if you want an extremely balanced team that can access all spells and make use of all equipment (except for the GBA and PSP version where that's impossible for any team). But if you really insist on using a Red Mage or Monk removing the Thief or Black Mage from that team and replacing it with them will work as well.

41-Inches-Wide
01-28-2008, 11:59 PM
I will play FFI for Psychotic even if it kills me.
Now I just have to get a UMD of FFI to participate.

Jebus
01-29-2008, 12:35 AM
No. Go away.

Caraliz
01-29-2008, 02:01 AM
my party will all be fighers and they will be named denmark. :jess:

Del Murder
01-29-2008, 02:11 AM
I might attempt an all Red Mage party with no class change on Origins.

Denmark
01-29-2008, 02:34 AM
my party will all be fighers and they will be named denmark. :jess:

:D:D but four-letter name limit? :( (though perhaps not on more recent versions! but definitely on NES version which i :love:)

rubah
01-29-2008, 02:59 AM
DNMK
DNFE
ROBT
DENY

I can't wait until freaking friday now. Anyone else antsy to begin?

Avarice-ness
01-29-2008, 03:13 AM
I think... I'm going to get the NES emulator and have this party!

Fighter - Roo
White Mage - Yams
Red Mage - Fonz
Red Mage - Ouch

Only 'cause I could see Yams healing no one.

Creeping Shadow
01-29-2008, 03:32 AM
Ill definitly do this! NES version for me yeah!!!

When do we start?

XxSephirothxX
01-29-2008, 03:33 AM
In February. :p

Avarice-ness
01-29-2008, 03:54 AM

But the Europeans get to start before me. :(

XxSephirothxX
01-29-2008, 04:50 AM
Hopefully you'll be awake when we put up the official thread. ;)

Agrias
01-29-2008, 05:50 AM
You are in luck! I justtttt picked up a copy of FFI for myself a couple months ago! I have it on psp though, and i just unlocked it (i'm so excited) so i really wanna start it up again.

Ouch!
01-29-2008, 06:13 AM
I think... I'm going to get the NES emulator and have this party!

Fighter - Roo
White Mage - Yams
Red Mage - Fonz
Red Mage - Ouch

Only 'cause I could see Yams healing no one.
This amuses me.

NeoCracker
01-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Fighter - Popa
RedMage - Ouch
Fighter - Ava
Redmage - BoB

I'll just be using Screen Shots as I'm emulating the NES version.

Lets see if I can actually finish the game this time.

Breine
01-29-2008, 10:51 AM

But the Europeans get to start before me. :(

*evil laugh*

Finally something good about being European on this site!

Garnie
01-29-2008, 01:55 PM
mw wants to play! but i dont have the game!:(
so ill join in when you reach 6
:)

Rantz
01-29-2008, 04:44 PM
I totally have the best party setup ever. Just you wait until the 1st :bigsmile:

Denmark
01-29-2008, 04:49 PM
I totally have the best party setup ever. Just you wait until the 1st :bigsmile:

Solo White Mage? Th/Th/Th/Th and skip class change?

I'm thinking about playing this game with just a solo character because I've never done that before. If I do, it'd be a Fighter because I'm not man enough to do solo WM or BM.

I was also thinking about possibly a duo of RMs.

Rantz
01-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Actually the choice of classes is quite ordinary. It's the names that make for the awesomeness. :p

demondude
01-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Maybe I'll go crazy and try a four white mage challenge :O .... Nah

Denmark
01-29-2008, 08:44 PM
I am now accepting applications for three people to exist as the dead Black Belts in my solo Fighter party. I need some people to watch over me. :D?

demondude
01-29-2008, 08:45 PM
I am now accepting applications for three people to exist as the dead Black Belts in my solo Fighter party. I need some people to watch over me. :D?

Me! me! DD55 can fit in the four letter name slot.

Denmark
01-29-2008, 08:50 PM

Me! me! DD55 can fit in the four letter name slot.

Maybe Lulu would get killed faster though. :rolleyes2

Goldenboko
01-29-2008, 08:52 PM
GoBo would also fit there, come on, you all know you want to see a dead GoBo.

Denmark
01-29-2008, 09:11 PM
GoBo would also fit there, come on, you all know you want to see a dead GoBo.

I killed him once and it was everything I dreamed it would be.

One more!

Nominus Experse
01-29-2008, 10:29 PM
I knew there was a reason I crawled into the attic a few days ago in order to retrieve my NES.

I'll be playing that version - granted that the system doesn't explode...

scrumpleberry
01-29-2008, 11:02 PM
This is a super-good idea. I'm actually in the process of slowly chroncicling my FFI characters' story, due to lots of egging on by friends IRL.

rubah
01-29-2008, 11:24 PM
pick me denffe. Alli!

Denmark
01-29-2008, 11:25 PM
All spots for dead Black Belts have been filled. Now it has to be Friday. :(

Freya
01-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Woo I'm all set to go now. Just have to wait till friday :excited:

Caraliz
01-29-2008, 11:35 PM
i wanna be a dead blackbelt. ;_; laz fits in three letters!

Pointless
01-30-2008, 12:11 AM
I never stopped playing FF but I'll certainly get into the spirit and play FFI this month. :)

Denmark
01-30-2008, 02:40 AM
because she is naming her four fighters variations of Denmark I feel obligated to add laz as a dead BB. but who to remove? *flips coin* sorry dd. :(

Avarice-ness
01-30-2008, 05:44 AM
Fighter - Popa
RedMage - Ouch
Fighter - Ava
Redmage - BoB

I'll just be using Screen Shots as I'm emulating the NES version.

Lets see if I can actually finish the game this time.

I'MMA FIGHTER, GONNA BEAT 'CHU UP~

Creeping Shadow
01-30-2008, 07:43 AM
My teams all set with the obscure names I always use and all :p

Fighter-Roy
Theif-West
White mage-Cat
Black mage-Devil

Now to play the waiting game.

Breine
01-30-2008, 10:01 AM
I still have no idea what to name my characters, but I think I'll just go with the basic line-up of Fighter, Thief, White Mage and Black Mage. It seems like the most balanced line-up anyway.

Martyr
01-30-2008, 12:22 PM
It'll be kind of uninspiring to continue the program after we've already begun with the greaftest Final Fantasy of all time: Final Fantasy.

I will participate, though, and since Denmark is playing a challenge game, parhaps I will too.

But that's going to screw me up in the race, if I';m all trying to level.

Maybe I'd beat it quicker with a RM and Fighter, which is quicker levels and all the strength anybody needs anyway, yeah?

I'm playing nes. My buddy's got one, and I have 2 copies of Final Fantasy hidden away somewhere because I'm insane and stupid.

cloud21zidane16
01-30-2008, 01:35 PM
This sounds like fun but it i only completed it not that long ago:( Maybe ill try some kind of solo challenge:)

Bahamut2000X
01-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Sounds interesting, maybe I'll do a replay of NES with a new party set up. I'm terrible at trying any new set ups though. Double sprites look too fuggly for me.

Breine
01-30-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm playing nes. My buddy's got one, and I have 2 copies of Final Fantasy hidden away somewhere because I'm insane and stupid.

That's not insane or stupid for that matter. If you've got to have two copies of a game, two copies of the original Final Fantasy is pretty neat.

Also, I'm trying to complete Shadow of the Colossus as fast as possible because this thing here is starting on Friday..! Only three colossi left.

demondude
01-30-2008, 07:26 PM
because she is naming her four fighters variations of Denmark I feel obligated to add laz as a dead BB. but who to remove? *flips coin* sorry dd. :(

Blank out your mafia partner/birthday sharer then. :(

Heath
01-30-2008, 08:53 PM
I've no idea what I'm going to name my characters! I imagine I'll go with a nice - if slightly dull - team of Fighter-Fighter-Black Mage-White mage or Fighter-Red Mage-Black Mage-White Mage. Not sure which yet. I'll be playing the GBA version. Still haven't decided on the party, so expect a post on the 1st with me going for WM-WM-WM-WM or something entirely different from what I've already posted about xD

Denmark
01-30-2008, 09:00 PM

it seems the coin i flipped last night did another flip! and/or dd makes a convincing argument. and boko doesn't.

aquatius
01-30-2008, 09:34 PM
I think this'll be what pushes me to finish that low level challenge I was going to do.

Martyr
01-31-2008, 12:25 AM
I think this'll be what pushes me to finish that low level challenge I was going to do.

My level was 12, but I was at 10 when I reached the ToF.

What's the lowest level again? 9?

I just can't be bothered to keep entering the temple and praying that I don't hit Worms or Zombie Dragons or Gas Dragons or Earths or Fires or Waters or Wz Vampires or Wz Sahags or anything else that I can't run from. It's just too impossible.

demondude
01-31-2008, 05:42 PM

it seems the coin i flipped last night did another flip! and/or dd makes a convincing argument. and boko doesn't.

Thats more like it. :cool:

Bahamut2000X
01-31-2008, 08:26 PM

So I've been wondering this forever, but how is that even possible? I mean I have trouble getting through all the last bosses when I'm in the 30+ range, let alone pre-20's.

Rantz
01-31-2008, 11:13 PM
It's been february for fifteen minutes here now... Too bad I haven't recieved the game yet so I can cheat you all :) Let's just hope I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

XxSephirothxX
01-31-2008, 11:18 PM
HAY GUYS IT'S ALMOST TIME TO START (but not quite) BUT BE EXCITED OKAY!?

Denmark
01-31-2008, 11:21 PM
YOU KNOW I AM EXCITED

even though it might be Saturday before I start. but O HWELL

Psychotic
01-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Well technically over here it's 3 minutes 'til start but I am being fair and waiting until daytime. :)

Bahamut2000X
01-31-2008, 11:59 PM
I cheated and started already. :p

But I probably won't have time to play later in the month though. :cry:

Martyr
02-01-2008, 12:39 AM

So I've been wondering this forever, but how is that even possible? I mean I have trouble getting through all the last bosses when I'm in the 30+ range, let alone pre-20's.

In the NES version, all the power is in the weapons, not really the stats.

A level 9 Knight with the Xcalbur, FASTed by a lv. 10 RM with the Sun Sword is still dishing out 400+ damage.

A Knight with Dragon Armor is just as well protected at lv 10 as Lv. 30.

If your party is F/F/T/RM, you get to utilize all the strongest weapons and armors in the game, placed on suitable characters, and all the characters that actually NEED levels to be powerful (W/B mage and BB) are not in your party. Screw 'em.

If you want magig, you've got Thor's Hammer, Mage Staff, 2 Healing Helmets and the Shirts. (and more)

The hardest part, really, is killing Astos. That's ALWays the hardest part, but it's doable with the two fighters and the mage, if you choose your starting magic wisely.

Freya
02-01-2008, 03:12 AM
Can I play yet :/?

rubah
02-01-2008, 03:50 AM
YES.

Avarice-ness
02-01-2008, 04:03 AM
YES.

Really? YAY! Someone should make a big flashy "START PLAYING" sign.

XxSephirothxX
02-01-2008, 04:05 AM
Apparently the new stickied thread and the forum announcement weren't enough:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-i/114364-eyes-plays-final-fantasy-i.html

rubah
02-01-2008, 04:36 AM
Let's put our screens in the other thread since it's more 'official' and I did;D

XxSephirothxX
02-01-2008, 05:00 AM
Yes, this one is FINISHED.