PDA

View Full Version : battle square tactics

MedctnStn
01-28-2008, 03:43 PM
I have been trying to get cloud's omnislash from the battle square but am having some difficulty. Right now, I am still on disc 2 before getting the key to the ancients, just finished breeding a gold chocobo (hence, i have the KotR summon) and am around level 53 give or take. I was wondering if you all could give me some advice on what to use on cloud.

These are the main materia I try using with cloud:
- enemy skill w/ magic hammer, magic breath, beta, trine, aqualung, white wind, big guard
- long range
- counter
-kjata and usu one or two more summons (either KotR or chocomog for the stop ability)
- HP and MP Plus
- some other random magic materia like demi, ultima, etc.

I also have a ribbon on him as well as placing him in the back row so he takes less damage

I know that giving him the major ailments makes you gain more BP, but not sure if it's the unluck of the draw, but I can get to about 150BP before I stay in one too many battles and die, losing all the BP i previously earned. How do you all make it look so much easier?

Thanks for your help

Aerith's Knight
01-29-2008, 01:23 AM
use the ribbon

have counter, Cure and one lvl 3 magic with all equipped

for the rest dont bother.. just beat the hell out of them

and of course lots of HP plus

Rostum
01-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Also have either smoke bombs or the Escape materia. That way if things get really hectic, you can use that and still get all of the BP you have earned (rather than running or dying and losing it all).

VeloZer0
01-29-2008, 03:42 AM
Usually try to figure out a way to equip your character so they can succeed using by only one of the 3 types of active materia so you can survive whatever handicaps are thrown at you. Also Cloud may no be the best choice, a character that has an ultimate weapon can do far more damage.

BG-57
01-29-2008, 12:18 PM
A Double Cut Materia leveled up to give four attacks per round will work wonders.

Use Big Guard and Haste in the early rounds.

cloud21zidane16
01-30-2008, 01:25 PM
If you get to the last round and feel confident you can win, try to get "all materia broken" because thats worth a lot of BP in the last 1-2 rounds.