PDA

View Full Version : screensaver + unused display = ???

rubah
01-28-2008, 09:43 PM
I think my computer has been running a screensaver all night, even though the screen has been turned off. Like, when I move the mouse to awaken it, I'll see the screen saver before it redraws the windows. I don't remember it doing that before, and it keeps it pretty hot all night, instead of running cool (my screen saver is a quartz hog xD). there's even a little notification saying 'this energy saving level will turn the display off before the screen saver is activated'.

Any ideas on why this is happening? has it been happening all along and I've just never noticed?

I'd also accept links to a blank screen osx screensaver xD

o_O
01-28-2008, 09:55 PM
It probably starts the screensaver after the screen turns off. I know that's what Windows does. :p

I just turn my screen off with the button each night. :p

rubah
01-28-2008, 10:10 PM
I don't know how to disable a screensaver xD

Yamaneko
01-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Why not just put it on standby if you're not doing anything? That or just use a 2D screensaver.

rubah
01-28-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure. I always left my computer on at home because I wanted perfect IRC logs and also I didn't disconnect every 24 hours, but that would bear some thinking about.

Baloki
01-29-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm sorry Allie, you don't know how to turn a screensaver off? And you can't use google (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/mh2042.html)? I am deeply ashamed of you :(

crono_logical
01-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Pssh, screensavers are so 80's, these days you should turn the monitor off at least if you leave the computer on :D

rubah
01-29-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm sorry baloki, it's just I never looked at that side of the slider. I kinda expected it to be where 0 would be, but it's where infinity would be :(

crono_logical
01-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Of course it'd be at inifinity for off - if you set it to 0, the screensaver would come on immediately as soon as you stopped typing or moving the mouse :D

Baloki
01-30-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm sorry baloki, it's just I never looked at that side of the slider. I kinda expected it to be where 0 would be, but it's where infinity would be :(

It's ok, we can get through this.