PDA

View Full Version : I said Whut?

Bahamut2000X
01-29-2008, 01:23 AM
So boredom set in and I happened to check through old posts I had made way back when to see what the cool things were back in the day and after reading some of my posts all I can say is I was such a twat when I was 13. I was misspelling every other word, grammar was apparently optional for me, and made up words were abundant.

I'm just glad they did a prune way back when. I shudder to think what my first posts consisted of.

So TOPIC! Over the ages how has your posting whether it be here, another forums, or just some form of a blog, or even written journals, etc changed as your grew up.

Captain Maxx Power
01-29-2008, 01:28 AM
My own grammar and spelling has always been very good ever since I started using the Internet. Humour-wise I've been the same for many years, perhaps a lot less crude than I used to be and a lot more subversive and strange. O, and I've steadily grown increasingly bitter and grumpy.

Avarice-ness
01-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Before I got rid of my old computer I went through like... MSN messenger histories from when I was 16 or 17 and yeah I was the stereotypical internet noob.

Heath
01-29-2008, 01:51 AM
Some of my old posts I find slightly embarrassing, but I suppose I'm a fairly different person now than I was x amount of years ago. I think my spelling and grammar is pretty consistent and that my humour and vocabulary may have improved marginally since I first joined.

Shiny
01-29-2008, 02:02 AM
I'd have to go back to old Nysnc message boards to be able to decide whether it got better or not.

Rye
01-29-2008, 02:06 AM
I started posting on EoFF when I was 12. I think that explains it all.

Do you want an example? I will give you an example, because if I don't, Paul will give you more embarrassing examples. :kaocry2:

Lol very good Psychotic! I liked when Wakka was proud of his son the most! ^.^

^.^ Regent Cid is my favorite Cid! Hmm... maybe there can be other just not FF cids and Cidina's as female cids.

@_@ Crazy!

Madame Adequate
01-29-2008, 02:12 AM
I cannot contribute to this thread. I was literate from the womb onwards.

XxSephirothxX
01-29-2008, 02:14 AM
I had enthusiasm, once. Well, I still have a little.

Tavrobel
01-29-2008, 02:56 AM
It hasn't. Now I've moved from the "I need to make a niche for myself" phase to the "stfu n00b go die for not understanding this" phase. My gaming grammar hasn't improved at all, either, except with the addition of new English vocabulary.

Fortunately, I still have enthusiasm. Just exactly where that effort goes has changed.

Roto13
01-29-2008, 03:13 AM
I used to "lol" a lot when I first started using the intarwebs.

Shiny
01-29-2008, 03:25 AM
^.^ Regent Cid is my favorite Cid! Hmm... maybe there can be other just not FF cids and Cidina's as female cids.

@_@ Crazy!

WHAT? :confused:

Momiji
01-29-2008, 03:43 AM
As for me, there is only a few differences. My grammar has never changed really, but I don't use 'lol' anymore.

Otherwise, I'm less boring, less conservative, and more mean-spirited. :p

Ouch!
01-29-2008, 04:20 AM
I used excessively profanity. Many of the words that were not filtered at the time are now. I imagine some of my old posts look funny because of that.

Vermachtnis
01-29-2008, 04:35 AM
I've lightened up a lot. I use be completely serious. My spelling has improved a wee bit.

BardTard
01-29-2008, 04:51 AM
I argued more. I wasn't as nice. I was still just as gramatically correct I think (with the exception of a few errors once in a while, but hey, whatever). I had alot more to say when I was younger but whatever I said was usually pointless stuff that made sense to nobody.

Breine
01-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Better spelling, better grammar and generally more knowledge of the English language.

demondude
01-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Back then kitty pictures consumed my soul. (They still do) :shifty:

Quindiana Jones
01-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Demon Dude has grown so much. He now writes lovely poetry. I think I've got an example somewhere......

Big D
01-29-2008, 10:19 PM
I don't take any of this crap nearly as seriously as I once did.

Blue Harvest
01-29-2008, 10:22 PM
I was never the stereotypical 'n00b' when I first started on forums. I did try to convince everyone on my first forum that I was evil though...

Martyr
01-29-2008, 10:24 PM

Yeah. You used to be totally serious. Right up there with The Captain and them.

Difference between me then and me now is that I'm older. Nothing much has changed.

Except that I have a harder time talking about FF1 with all those awful remakes and whatnot.

The Unknown Guru
01-29-2008, 10:43 PM
I had enthusiasm, once. <s>Well, I still have a little.</s>

That. Looking through my posts, it dried up around page 20.

Big D
01-31-2008, 10:36 AM

Yeah. You used to be totally serious. Right up there with The Captain and them.Indeed... but I also used to care enough to write crazy crap like this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/62940-nasty-nosepicker-rinoa.html#post1143069).
That post, by the way, was mock seriousness - but it still took a bit of effort to compose. I should muster that motivation again...