PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thing I found out recently

Future Esthar
01-29-2008, 02:27 AM
Hey friends,Go to the Great Salt Lake and take a closer look at the dead monsters there.Canīt you recognize them(persons who finished the game only)?

Aerith's Knight
01-29-2008, 03:33 AM
are they esthar soldiers or something?.. i dont feel like going back there again.. playing the game for 40 hours or something

Future Esthar
01-29-2008, 03:41 AM
Will tell you tomorrow.Good night.

McLovin'
01-29-2008, 08:15 AM
It's dinosaurs dude. Dinosaurs.

Bahamut2000X
01-29-2008, 12:30 PM
They alien dinosaurs? Robot dinosaurs? Mutant dinosaurs? Cause I mean just regular dinosaurs is so lame and SOOOO late Jurassic.

Tallulah
01-29-2008, 10:45 PM
T-Rexaur?

Or maybe.... just maybe... Ultimecia? :P (sorry, I'm making fun :D )

Goldenboko
01-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Clearly, it is Squall's mother Ultimecia, trapped in time due to Time Compression. This obviously proves I, Future Esthar's theory, that in FFVIII, that Zell and Seifer had an illegitimate offspring; Rinoa, who, in turn, had buttsecks with Selphie, thus having the baby, NORG. NORG then morphed into a Wendigo, which, after getting hit with a magical attack, lands on his back and shots pulse ammo out of its mouth. One day after getting hit with Ultima by Quistis he shot out a pulse ammo, which missed, and hit into the lake, and the chemicals morphed into Ultimecia after thousands of years. Naturally explaining that R=U. Any questions?

Serapy
01-29-2008, 11:11 PM
It's a form of NORG...

rubah
01-29-2008, 11:35 PM
I was going to say some dead moon creatures from the last lunar cry, but I think I will wait until tomorrow to know for SURE.

Shattered Dreamer
01-29-2008, 11:54 PM
They look somewhat like the various bosses you fight in Ultimecia's castle.

Tallulah
01-30-2008, 12:01 AM

Good suggestion. I was close... :P

Future Esthar
01-30-2008, 12:26 AM
EXACTLY
But I only realized this a few days ago.

near entrance

Head fossil(where you jump)-Gargantuaīs head
Fossil closer to entrance-Catoplebas(you can see his leg just before you reach Gargantuaīs head).

Middle place

Rightmost fossil-Tiamat(note the similar wing shape)

Middle big fossil-Trauma(this is the most obvious)

Dinosaur at distance-Tripoint(dinossaur fossil could also be dragon fossil)

where you fought Abadon

Big horny monster-Red Giant(note the similarity of itīs head with the head at the prison wall in the castle )

I believe the dinossaur head at the right of Red Giant itīs not a head but one of Red Giantīs hands.

There is a dinossaur left here near the entrance of the place but itīs hard to see it because we can only see its side.
By logic I say itīs Sphynx

Pointless corny area

Fossil at the corner-Krysta

Krystaīs hands look like dinossaur heads.Krystaīs head is easy to identify because itīs similar to the real one.
Krystalīs big "tail" is also easily identified because itīs big.

Serapy
01-30-2008, 01:30 AM
Squall and the party members killed those bosses in the castle (past)

The bosses return to the bones state. They lay down on the ground for a while = Fossils.

When Time Compression started again, some positions of things from the past have been moved to different positions. In this case, the position of the bones have been moved to the place of Esthar.

Events get mixed up during TC too.

Future Esthar
01-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Very close,Serapy.
The bones were laid down by a flood which happened in Ultiīs time.

Aerith's Knight
01-30-2008, 01:55 AM
seriously.. -_-' .. the overthinking is enough.. now the personality disorder is just too much >_<

Future Esthar
01-30-2008, 02:50 AM
I AM NOT SERAPY.

I think I am providing visual evidence on this thread.

Aerith's Knight
01-30-2008, 02:58 AM
that would only mean that there are 2 dorks.. and youd actually be an ok guy.. if you 2 wouldnt make up theories that takes 5 years to make.. with a game that took 2 years to create :p

Serapy
01-30-2008, 04:15 AM
that would only mean that there are 2 dorks.. and youd actually be an ok guy.. if you 2 wouldnt make up theories that takes 5 years to make.. with a game that took 2 years to create :p

I'm pretty sure that I have told you why again and again. *sigh* It would be boring not to talk about FF8. In some sense, making theories is another good way to stay more active, talking about FF8, otherwise the forum of FF8 would be less active. Honestly, I don't know how to make you understand that. If you don't like the idea of making theories or you getting annoyed by them... then ignore and don't bother posting -__-;;

There are not just us who are making theories, there are actually other people who are creative of making theories. Some of millions of people who have bought FF8 from the release date, to today, are still playing/analyzing FF8.

Aerith's Knight
01-30-2008, 04:48 AM
heres a brain buster.. you make theories to keep this alive.. but wouldnt my bashing of the theories keep it alive as well? :)

rubah
01-30-2008, 06:28 AM
I like this one. Keep up the good work :up:

Akaria
01-30-2008, 08:19 AM
I, myself, am actually very happy to see Future Esthar back and in action!:) And now he even has an accomplice..!!

It sounds like sarcasm, but I really am quite happy. I used to be Assemblage, and I followed FE's map of the FF8 world thread religiously. That was a good summer...

Tallulah
01-30-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm with Akaria on this one.

This is quite an imaginative and believable one, nice work, FE. :)

BG-57
01-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Since Serapy was using both the same avatar and a signature that quoted Mayor Dobe, I think we can be forgiven for being suspicious.

Frankly I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. FE's Map theory made sense to me at first but the more he explained it the less I understood.

BTW, some pictures of the GSL would be nice.

Serapy
01-30-2008, 02:37 PM
heres a brain buster.. you make theories to keep this alive.. but wouldnt my bashing of the theories keep it alive as well? :)

Nope, pretty most of your posts are meaningless.

Roogle
01-30-2008, 03:41 PM

That is interesting. I think that little things like that can go a long way in adding to the depth of a game. If it was more noticeable, I think that more players would have been intimidated by the entire idea of Time Compression.

rubah
01-30-2008, 09:59 PM

meaningless is sometimes in the eye of the beholder and always outside the context of this thread 8)

Aerith's Knight
01-30-2008, 10:07 PM
:eek:

nope.. just when you are involved.. its not like your theories help make humanity better or anything.. and even if all my posts were meaningless.. its a forum.. who cares?.. well you might.. and that says something about you doesnt it? *pats serapy*

MJN SEIFER
01-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Future Esther, I am interested in your point about the skeletons - when I get chance I will study them, however I am currently playing FFVII, but I'll let the forum know my opinions when I can.

To the others: I realize a lot of you don't fully "get" futures theories, but this particular one (if it is a theory) is extremly easy to understand, and this isn't just me ranting as usual (trying to stop, it's one of my revolutions), it's litarally just looking at something.

Also, was I the only one who knew from the start that Serapy was NOT Future Esther?

Serapy
01-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Oh, so it's okay for you to bash people with meaningless (or pointless) comments such as "lulz my brain hurts, stop making up theories, you would be a nice guy if you didn't make up theories". Those comments wouldn't be pointless only if you have posted better information such as information that could disprove our theories. But no, you haven't done that, and you have been posting like that for a while as you did in other threads. I wasn't trying to be involved, but you got on my nerves eventually.

Yes, it's a forum with a variety of rules, which means, I think, that pointless comments are considered as spam.

its not like your theories help make humanity better

I don't get it. I made theories because I like to...?

Raebus
01-30-2008, 10:54 PM
:eek:

nope.. just when you are involved.. its not like your theories help make humanity better or anything.. and even if all my posts were meaningless.. its a forum.. who cares?.. well you might.. and that says something about you doesnt it? *pats serapy*

He's right you know, your posts in this thread and most of the forum have been meaningless. I come on to read good posts so Serapy isn't the only one who cares what people post.

MJN SEIFER
01-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Oh, so it's okay for you to bash people with meaningless (or pointless) comments such as "lulz my brain hurts, stop making up theories, you would be a nice guy if you didn't make up theories". Those comments wouldn't be pointless only if you have posted better information such as information that could disprove our theories. But no, you haven't done that, and you have been posting like that for a while as you did in other threads. I wasn't trying to be involved, but you got on my nerves eventually.

Yes, it's a forum with a variety of rules, which means, I think, that pointless comments are considered as spam.

its not like your theories help make humanity better

I don't get it. I made theories because I like to...?

I'm going to slightly agree here.

It's perfectly alright to do theories, really I find them very interesting, I have done some my self (not as detailed as others) and I have seen many from other people, some I agree with, some I do not. However, I try to be as polite as I can to the person who made them, so basically (and this is aimed at the so called "bashers") It's ok to put things like.

That sounds interesting, but there are parts I don't fully understand a few parts *Insert list here*

Or

Good therory, however I'm afraid I interpreted things differently, and a few things don't add up and sadly disprove your theory. Alow me to explain *insert explaination here*

Notice, how that example may have dissagreed with the theory, but didn't insult, offend, or "bash" in anyway (at least not intentionally).

However, it is NOT desirable to send replies like this:

D'u'd! Wot was taht?! I dint undastand a d@mn word!

or

Mannnn that was wierd, just make my head hurt!! Don't do that!!

Or the ever poular;

Hey!! That's a whole 45 secconds of my life waisted - GIVE THEM BACK!!

These replies, are pointless, not funny, and sometimes offensive to the people who wright the theories. It is ok to debate the theories as that is "freedom of speach" in my view, but the rest, probably does fall under a spam catagory.

Anyway, that is my view on the matter.

NeoCracker
01-30-2008, 11:53 PM
Wait, what part of this is a theory?

He notices that the last boss things look like the GSL fossils.

Isn't that more of something kinda neat he noticed, and not a theory?

rubah
01-31-2008, 01:01 AM
The theory was how they got there, I believe.

Guys, you can take the talk about what is appropriate to post where somewhere else.

Future Esthar
01-31-2008, 01:45 AM
Í didnīt made any theory regarding this yet.
You convinced me.I am gonna post the pictures.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/gsl1-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/gsl2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/gsl3.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/gsl4.jpg

Aerith's Knight
01-31-2008, 02:31 AM
lol i dont know all those monsters.. but if they monsters look like those bones then you have me convinced

Future Esthar
01-31-2008, 02:45 AM
Didnīt you finish the game?

A few of these monsters donīt look alike the ones in the castle but I find they identities using extra logic.
The similar ones are Gargantuaīs head,Tiamat(with little differences),Trauma and Krysta.But since these ones are here I think the others are here aswell.

Tri-point was created from a dragon meaning his skeleton his similar to a dinossaur.
Red Giant head resemble the head at the prison of the castle.
Catoplebas is a reptilian (similar to a lizard).It is not a primate like Red Giant and it is very different from Sphynx.
Therefore Sphynx will be the one that remains.

Serapy
01-31-2008, 02:50 AM
There's a bone figure standing on the top of Ulti's castle gate, but I'm not sure if it means anything..

Aerith's Knight
01-31-2008, 04:21 AM
Well actually.. the few times i completed the game.. which is three times.. i used a walkthrough for Ulti's castle and just kinda bashed my way through it.. not really caring who i strike down.

i thought the castle itself was a very weak part anyway

but ill take your word for the monsters

Mirage
01-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Half of those skeletons don't really resemble the bosses at all.

Future Esthar
01-31-2008, 12:52 PM
There is also the possibility that only some of the monsters of UC are here.And the rest are only regular monsters.But I donīt realy believe it.
I have the entire day free.I will post the pictures of the real monsters here.

MJN SEIFER
01-31-2008, 02:07 PM
Hey, some of them do look pretty similar (though you have to observe on it a bit). Thanks for showing us.

I wonder if this was done on purpose? And if so, what for?

The Last Oath
01-31-2008, 02:08 PM
If there is an equal number of skeletons to the same amount of monsters in the castle, meaning that there is not ONE extra or less skeleton to leave out a boss then your probably right.

Future Esthar
01-31-2008, 05:00 PM
Here are the pictures of the bosses.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/sphinx.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/redgiant.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/krysta.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/garg.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/catoblep.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/vysage.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/tripoint.jpg
The next is Trauma
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/trauma.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/tiamat.jpg

I realized there were some mistakes of mine.
Here are the corrections.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/gsl1II.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/gsl2II.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/gsl3II.jpg
Sphinxara is the true form of Sphinx and he dies this way.But no one knows if this was also a mask put by a giant head.If you take a look at the external line you will see that it looks like the head in GSL.
In GSL we can see the shoulder horn of Red Giant.What we have here is a sideview.I also showed the boss in the same sideview.
The ???? means that I canīt figure that.I canīt meet Last Oath requirements.
Looking at Catoblepas circular head and crest I made my decision.
Now why I assigned Tri-point to that fossil?
Because it has two visible backbones, one with the head (oval) and the other crossing through it.This one most probably was covered by the upper "points" of Tripoint.The lower "point" is under the skeleton.

Raebus
01-31-2008, 05:16 PM
I can't see the resemblances. The so called Tiamat in that picture looks more like a snake of sorts.

Future Esthar
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
It looks like the fish boss on the grotto in FF9.
Gisamalukeīs I believe.

MJN SEIFER
01-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Now that you have shown me the photos, and described you reasoning, I think I can mainly agree with you. Well done.

However, (and I should have mentioned this before) I dissagree about Tiamat being one, but that's all I dissagree with.

I have my own therories about Tiamat; notice how the scan says he "Used to be a GF"? Take a look at him, I make another post if need be as this parts of topic.

Bahamut2000X
01-31-2008, 08:20 PM
I don't see the resemblance. Most if not everything that's fossilized seems to be a dinosaur/dragon in anatomy. Some of the bosses are related like that, but a lot aren't.

Bolivar
01-31-2008, 11:20 PM
This is awesome. Some I'm not so sure about, seem to be on the right track though. Keep up the good threads.

Actually, I wanna revival of old theories, i wasn't around for the world map one. Also, I heard something from BG-57 about the "Garden of Eden" theory... this forum's boring, let's hear it! Haters don't read!

BG-57
02-01-2008, 12:34 AM
You want to discuss that theory in this thread? Simply put I believe that the GF Eden is an organic version of a Garden. Which would tie in with the mythological 'Garden of Eden'. Here's (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/96576-what-eden.html) a thread that includes it.

The Map thread was basically that the world map could be subdivided into sections as defined by the gridlines in the Esthar test pattern on the cameoflage plates. These boundary lines were artificially constructed, but FE's theory hinged on using topology to twist and bend the lines from perfectly straight, which defeated the point. EDIT: See Akaria's post below for a link.

Below is an early representation of the gridlines I did.

I don't see the resemblance for most of the fossils. The one labeled Tri-Point looks more like a T-Rexaur than anything else.

Akaria
02-01-2008, 12:35 AM
By restating it, I think it's good for just an overview of it all..."Beautifull (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/67375-beautifull.html)" is the theory I followed a few summers ago If you're interested in some of FE's theories, the best way is probably to look at the threads that he's started. Lotta debating in them, and a lot of them have been locked, but it's still interesting.:D

Future Esthar
02-01-2008, 02:20 AM
I donīt mind if you wanna to discuss the "Eden" theory on this thread

Aerith's Knight
02-01-2008, 02:54 AM
i dont really see it.. i mean tiamat for example looks nothing alike.. the bone is of a creature who prob lives in the ocean.. looking at its fins.. and you give me a creature that flies...

Momiji
02-01-2008, 03:39 AM
Honestly, I don't see the resemblance, but this theory of yours seems to be the only one that actually makes sense, so well done.

Future Esthar
02-01-2008, 04:29 AM
Makes sense why?

Serapy
02-01-2008, 07:51 AM
When TC is starting, the bubbles that have images of characters and things. TC is absorbing them = absorbing process.

After/during intervals of the absorbing process, the images then started deforming because time is changing. This could be a big impact on dead bodies such as those bosses from the castle.

So, after TC. The positions of the bosses are now on the place of Esthar and some of the bones are very deformed, nothing is perfect.

Raebus
02-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Now that you have shown me the photos, and described you reasoning, I think I can mainly agree with you. Well done.

However, (and I should have mentioned this before) I dissagree about Tiamat being one, but that's all I dissagree with.

I have my own therories about Tiamat; notice how the scan says he "Used to be a GF"? Take a look at him, I make another post if need be as this parts of topic.

Tiamat = Bahamut?

They do look strikingly similar, and it even says it was once a GF.

NeoCracker
02-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Yeah, there reallly is no theory here people. At least not anything story relevent.

AFter/Before you fight the boss's, their future skeletons are seen. Or at least skeletons resembling them.

If anything, this is just a fun little easter egg in the game, nothing more. But I will admit it is kinda cool.

Also, I believe it is "Gizamaluke".

Future Esthar
02-01-2008, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE][When TC is starting, the bubbles that have images of characters and things. TC is absorbing them = absorbing process.

After/during intervals of the absorbing process, the images then started deforming because time is changing. This could be a big impact on dead bodies such as those bosses from the castle.

So, after TC. The positions of the bosses are now on the place of Esthar and some of the bones are very deformed, nothing is perfect./QUOTE]

Wrong.
As I had already told you people that the world of FF8 is a "Time Compressed" world.
The Great Salt Lake is Edeaīs house on the future.However it is not on the same era as indoor Esthar.It is on the same era as FH.
Ultiīs time is on the past,not on the future.

BG-57
02-01-2008, 12:10 PM
I donīt mind if you wanna to discuss the "Eden" theory on this thread

Not much to add except that the central ring of Eden looks like a floating garden with head and female torso attached underneath.

Wrong.
As I had already told you people that the world of FF8 is a "Time Compressed" world.
The Great Salt Lake is Edeaīs house on the future.However it is not on the same era as indoor Esthar.It is on the same era as FH.
Ultiīs time is on the past,not on the future.

I hear the other shoe dropping. :eep:

Momiji
02-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Makes sense why?

Because since they are skeletons, it's hard telling what they really looked like in their live form, just as scientists today are not 100% sure how dinosaurs really looked by their skeletons. Because of this, they very well could be the monsters you speak of, killed in another time. It makes sense to me, at least.

Future Esthar
02-01-2008, 02:44 PM
If the resemblance is confirmed we have the proof that Ulti lives on the past and Edeaīs house will become a flooded region which will eventually dry.

Serapy
02-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Think about how the positions of things have changed from place to place, that's because Ulti used TC again on the compressed world, because she was angry.

This is another reason how some people (squall / his party) have forgotten thier memories, including GFs. That was part of Ulti's plan. On the school panel, it says wearing a GF has a side effect which will make you forget something, that's a lie. Proof? The gardens have lied, because they wanted to protect themselves.

Eternity, Ulti lived on all the time, she never dies. If she died, someone else will take her place and You Know Who.

Bahamut2000X
02-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Just do what I did when I beat that game and yell "I hate time travel!" and just leave it at that. :choc2:

Akaria
02-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Just do what I did when I beat that game and yell "I hate time travel!" and just leave it at that. :choc2::thumb: Haha

MJN SEIFER
02-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Tiamat = Bahamut?

They do look strikingly similar, and it even says it was once a GF.

Yes, that is what is the theory. Well done.

Future Esthar
02-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Think about how the positions of things have changed from place to place, that's because Ulti used TC again on the compressed world, because she was angry.

This is another reason how some people (squall / his party) have forgotten thier memories, including GFs. That was part of Ulti's plan. On the school panel, it says wearing a GF has a side effect which will make you forget something, that's a lie. Proof? The gardens have lied, because they wanted to protect themselves.

Eternity, Ulti lived on all the time, she never dies. If she died, someone else will take her place and You Know Who.
02-01-2008, 03:28 PM

Close,but not quite.
Ulti only lives on the past (and the present as Edea Kramer).
You must read my thread on WOTC(it was written around the same time I wrote "Beautiful").I will post the link soon.

Serapy
02-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Oh, send the link. I'll read into it.

Future Esthar
02-02-2008, 10:30 PM
WOTC (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/73702-well-organized-time-compression-theory-finally-single-theory-thread.html)

Here it is

Serapy
02-03-2008, 12:34 AM
WOTC (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-viii/73702-well-organized-time-compression-theory-finally-single-theory-thread.html)

Here it is

Hmmm, yes.

I recorded this image:

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6637/hexau8.gif

Comparing to:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a53/Futuresthar/Colorchecknumb.jpg

Looks the same, right?

On the Great Lake map, when the portal opens, time is different from there, different era.

Future Esthar
02-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Exactly.But the last picture is found after you enter the wall in some panel device.

MJN SEIFER
02-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Honestly, I don't see the resemblance, but this theory of yours seems to be the only one that actually makes sense, so well done.

I think resemblance seems to differ depending on once POV and how they choose to look at it, so to speak. FE sees a resemblance in them all, I only see it in some of them, while you don't see any of it, it doesn't mean any of us a wrong (unless proven otherwise) we're just looking at it from different angles. It's very similar to how there are still R=U suporters who to this day, state that Rinoa and Ultimecia look the same, but I my self don't think they do at all.

Future Esthar
02-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Ulti=Edea=Julia

Raebus
02-03-2008, 07:39 PM
I honestly don't see how thats even possible

Future Esthar
02-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Ulti lives on the past,not the future.
She wears red clothes like Julia.
And at the art gallery there is a painting of Julia named "xerampelinae"
It shows a queen like Ulti clothed in red like Ulti.

MJN SEIFER
02-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Ulti lives on the past,not the future.
She wears red clothes like Julia.
And at the art gallery there is a painting of Julia named "xerampelinae"
It shows a queen like Ulti clothed in red like Ulti.

That makes sense the way you've put it, but I'll check myself when I can.

I'm just glad for alternatives too the R=U stuff.

So this is "J=U"?.

Future Esthar
02-03-2008, 08:59 PM
It seems so

Serapy
02-06-2008, 02:10 AM
Inandantia (Flood) is how the positions of the bones got sweeped away and lay down on the Great Sake Map

Future Esthar
02-06-2008, 10:58 PM
EXACTLY!