PDA

View Full Version : lulz, cna yuo raed tihs?

Serapy
01-29-2008, 10:25 PM
I got this junk e-mail today and um yeah, it's pretty interesting.

4 Only great minds can read this
This is weird, but interesting!

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it

FORWARD ONLY IF YOU CAN READ IT

I read the e-mail very fast and understood very well, huh, that was strange. Pretty weird how the mind works, eh? <_<

LunarWeaver
01-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Look, it's a YouTube comment!

Quindiana Jones
Easy peasy. But I truly am the pinnacle of human creation, so I may not be the best test subject.

Best word in that whole thing: pboerlm.

Avarice-ness
Best Myspace bulletin ever.

Either way, I think the only people who can't read it are dsylexics.

But I'll call myself a great mind just for the sake of it. :D

Quindiana Jones
01-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Are what's, sorry, Avarice-ness? ;)

Blue Harvest
I think most people can read that.

Tallulah
What if you're dyslexic? :confused:

My mum got this one time, and printed it out for my dad to read; he was pretty amazed by it, being a stickler for spelling (although I am a better speller than him :p )

I couldn't read it as fast as with conventional spelling, but it is still amazing how it all works.

Momiji
Although the human mind is amazing, being able to read that, I also hate this as well. Someone who reads this can think that spelling is not important, when it damn well is important, IMO.

Edit: Hahaha, 7 posts in one minute. :3

Big D
01-29-2008, 10:31 PM
I can't read it as fast as proper text, but it's still legible. It helps to skim quickly from one word to the next, rather than trying to scrutinise each one.

The principle that 'letter order doesn't matter except for the first and last' fails in relation to suitably complex words with sufficiently jumbled letters.
After all, few people would be able to read "aaucnlbme" as ambulance.

Serapy
01-29-2008, 10:32 PM
I think most people can read that.

Maybe :p On other boards, I get flamed a lot because I couldn't spell xD

Look, it's a YouTube comment!

o noez, we better get prepared asap and get onto a trip all the way to the end of the universe! Let the devils prevail to those you-tube comments :(

Nominus Experse
01-29-2008, 10:33 PM
With longer, much less common word types, this doesn't work as well. Even more so when the words are compromised primarily of vowels.

However, it is still quite interesting to see how lazy/intelligent the mind is.

EDIT: BIG D BEAT ME TO IT DAMMIT.

Serapy
01-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Msot fo teh tmie, I'm oto lzay ot ifx splleign adn gmmraar erorrs >_> Teh way hwo the uhman brian wokrs si prtety aswomee, idened. I wnoder wethher alines cna unersdtand our movmeents jsut liek Enrglish.

Araciel
01-29-2008, 10:37 PM
As long as they are small words, and the first and last letters are in the right place, most people who can read will be able to tell what it's supposed to say. This is nothing strange, and I hate junk mail.

As lnog as tehy are slaml wrdos and the frsit and lsat ltetters are in the rghit plcac, msot plopee who can raed wlil be albe to tlel waht it's spopused to say. Tihs is nhiotng sgtrane, and I htae jnuk mial.

oddler
01-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Easy peasy. But I truly am the pinnacle of human creation, so I may not be the best test subject.

Best word in that whole thing: pboerlm.

I'll see your pboerlm and raise you an Azanmig.

I couldn't quite make it out as quickly as normal but it was still comprehendible.

Momiji
01-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Actually, I read it just as fast as I do with correctly-spelled text. However, I agree with Big D-- words that are long and jumbled very thoroughly would be very difficult to read.

scrumpleberry
01-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Seen this lots of times before, but spiffy all the same.

crono_logical
01-29-2008, 11:06 PM
I thought this was years old too :p The percentage of people that can/cannot read it though might depend on if english is their first language or not though :p

Mirage
01-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Lol at bullcrap thread.

Serapy
01-29-2008, 11:12 PM
Lol at bullcrap thread.

Do you know NetCat by any chance?

Tallulah
01-29-2008, 11:27 PM
I can read the words if they're all mis-spelled, as in the main paragraph, because they're in context, but single words spelled this way as given in Big D's example for instance are harder to read as a context is not clear.

Mystery solved. At least that's the way I see it. :p

Fonzie
01-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Older then Jesus riding a dinosaur.

Shiny
01-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Azanmig huh?
No.

Ultima Shadow
01-30-2008, 02:41 AM
Wow, tihs is atcullay pettry cool.

...it wulod be aewomse if smoenoe worte an etnrie book tihs way.