PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Final Fantasy VII is confirmed it's coming for the PS3 Network

DreamingOfAFantasy
01-30-2008, 12:27 PM
A Girl that calls herself surfergirl confirmed it. Just go to this link if you want to check it out:

N4G.com : Surfer Girl: Square Enix Remaking Final Fantasy VII for PLAYSTATION Network (http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-100734.aspx)

I know the link is old but it's still a confirm.

Raebus
01-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Ha, we shall see. Personally I don't trust this claim or confirm.

Karellen
01-30-2008, 01:29 PM
If some chick with a blog said it, it must be true!

Raebus
01-30-2008, 02:03 PM
The above statement is true.

Why, the things other bloggers say are true aswell!
I remember one, something about a remake with a gay Squall or Zell, they said it was based on a fan story someone wrote and square noticed it, anyway, someone on a blog said it was coming out and omg, I believe them!

Mercen-X
01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Oh no... I've lost my puke-bucket of ridiculousness. Oh wait, there it is. Have some?

EagleDelta1
01-30-2008, 07:27 PM
If you click "read the full story" the same user goes on to say that it is NOT a remake, but a RE-RELEASE - like all the other PSN games from the PSX era

XxSephirothxX
01-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Moved to FFVII forum.

It's Surfer Girl, and thus just a rumor. However, I do believe the blog has been somewhat reliable about this sort of thing in the past.

CidOwnz
01-31-2008, 10:36 AM
The director of Square enix told us himself the technical demo was just to show how it would have looked like on PS3, and also said it wasn't a teaser/hint of any kind to make people believe there would be a remake.

leader of mortals
01-31-2008, 12:10 PM
but we do know that there will be a remake... its just a matter of when.

Elly
01-31-2008, 01:27 PM
no we don't know there will be a remake because there was never any official S-E announcement that they will do a remake, just rabbid fanboy/girls out there grasping onto any little shred they can find (weather it be hearsay or rumors) to prove there will be, despite what S-E says... no all we can do is hope there will be a remake and hope it's a matter of time... this little article is about a port of the original to the PSNet to be playable on the PS3, and i'm quite certain the only changes they make will be the same ones they made to the PC Version which was just simply a cleaner translation... honestly has S-E ever really remade anything, there have been ports and re-releases but i don't recall any real legitimate remakes, and adding new cutscenes to Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics does not count as remakes...

Aerith's Knight
01-31-2008, 02:10 PM
i dont think there will be.. at least not until FFXIII is done.. because thats what the creators said in an interview

Roogle
01-31-2008, 02:39 PM
I think that there may be some merit to whatSurfer Girl (http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/) is saying, but I do not think that she has an inside scoop. She may be merely speculating. Somehow, the look of her blog and the tone of her posts do not seem like that of someone with inside information to me; furthermore, she would have to know the Japanese language since the North American branch of Square Enix does not control releases or game development.

cloud21zidane16
01-31-2008, 06:07 PM
We ll just have to wait and see, i do believe that one day.......maybe not anytime soon but one day there will be a remake:)

Bolivar
01-31-2008, 11:02 PM
honestly has S-E ever really remade anything, there have been ports and re-releases but i don't recall any real legitimate remakes, and adding new cutscenes to Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy Tactics does not count as remakes...

Well, FFIII (obviously), the FFI & II versions for WSC and got ported 80 times were all-out remakes, FFIV advanced received graphical, sound, and story improvements, now it's being remade for the DS, Romancing SaGa was remade for ps2 graphics, older Dragon Quests were brought up to SNES quality and then to PSX or PS2 I believe, DQ IV, V, and VI are all being remade for the DS, I think Star Ocean for some reason might be getting remade...

so yeah, there's been alot of full blown remakes, although to my knowledge they have never made one with the top quality graphics of the timel. I would love to see that, especially with FFII... I think we had a thread about this...

Karellen
01-31-2008, 11:52 PM
so yeah, there's been alot of full blown remakes, although to my knowledge they have never made one with the top quality graphics of the timel. I would love to see that, especially with FFII... I think we had a thread about this...
Dragon Quest V was remade for the PS2 a while back. It wasn't exactly pushing the system to it's limits though. Similarly, Dragon Quest IV was remade for the PSX when the PSX hadn't quite seen then end of its days either (although it was getting damn close). That didn't exactly have the best graphics of the generation either but it looked somewhat better then the Dragon Quest VII (not that that would have been particularly hard).

Bolivar
02-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Dragon Quest V was remade for the PS2 a while back. It wasn't exactly pushing the system to it's limits though. Similarly, Dragon Quest IV was remade for the PSX when the PSX hadn't quite seen then end of its days either (although it was getting damn close). That didn't exactly have the best graphics of the generation either but it looked somewhat better then the Dragon Quest VII (not that that would have been particularly hard).

yeah i knew it was a couple of them for certain ps consoles, not sure which ones. I might have to check them out actually.

Elly
02-01-2008, 01:29 PM
my point was they don't really remake them they just gave them a minor facelift if you will and not up to the current standards of the time in which thay were re-released, they could have remade FF I- VI completely for PSone quality (or PS2 depending on when they were re-released) but instead they mearly ported them with a few cosmetic changes... i read somewhere (don't remember where, but i linked to the article from this board) that Star Ocean I&II were just gonna be ports with cleaned up graffics and added new cutscenes, though i will admit i know nothing about FFIII since i don't have an NDS and have never seen the original, but all the handheld re-releases and PSone re-releases were not remakes up to the standards of the current home console technology when they were re-released (which is what the majority want for VII, a fullblown console remake), so i can see a cleaned up re-release of FFVII to a handheld (and PS3Net), as per S-E's track record but a true 100% remake from the ground up i feel may just be a pipedream...

BizarroSephiroth
02-02-2008, 02:28 AM
Final Fantasy VII PS3 Game, Final Fantasy VII Playstation 3 (http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3140613)

sorry if anyone already posted this but in this link its due to release Nov.1 2008

EagleDelta1
02-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Umm, no - S-E has already said there is NO remake in production right now & while Nomura said he'd like to remake it someday, he also said he's too busy w/ Fabula Nova Crystalis(FF13, FFv13, FF13A) not to mention 3 new Kingdom Hearts games as well - I doubt he has time to take a break from 6 games to work on a FFVII remake

Emerald weapon
02-25-2008, 11:27 PM
I think i would be a massive hit on the play station 3 network as to the fact tht many people who have 40g and dont have a ps2 or ps1 could not play it like me and i sure as hell kno i would get it,but i agree tht S-E have FAR too many projects on the now to even consider remaking FF7 mabi in a decade yes, but now?no

Bolivar
02-26-2008, 02:51 AM
Final Fantasy VII PS3 Game, Final Fantasy VII Playstation 3 (http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3140613)

sorry if anyone already posted this but in this link its due to release Nov.1 2008

I really can't believe 1up still haven't taken this down, despite the constant denial from square that it's happening any time soon, but mostly because this pops up with every ff-related article/feature they have.

the piano medley they have on that link is pretty good, though.

Roogle
02-26-2008, 03:15 PM
I am surprised that a reputable video game news website like 1up has information in its database for a fictional title. What news article spawned a necessity for an entry in its database, I wonder?

ReloadPsi
02-26-2008, 07:51 PM
I propose that an IQ test be placed on the FF7 forum. Before you can post, you must take it. If your score is too low, you will not be able to view or post in this forum, but rather be sent to the "FF7 Special Ed Forum" instead. Posting any thread containing the word "remake" in the FF7 Special Ed Forum will result in automatic deletion after two minutes (long enough for the idiots to forget they made the post).

phbr
02-26-2008, 08:41 PM
I think i would be a massive hit on the play station 3 network as to the fact tht many people who have 40g and dont have a ps2 or ps1 could not play it like me and i sure as hell kno i would get it

The 40GB PS3 model only lacks PS2 backwards compatibility, you can play your PSX games on every PS3 model ...

But I still agree that a PSN release (not remake) would be nice, I mean, it's not that easy to get a copy of FFVII for a reasonable price nowadays and then there's also the advantage of having it on the hard drive instead of using disks.