PDA

View Full Version : Official Lost Season 4 Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Roto13
01-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Well Lost is coming back tomorrow. I don't have cable so I'll have to download it after it airs, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Now I just need to remind myself how Season 3 ended. xP

Sergeant Hartman
01-30-2008, 08:13 PM
It starts on Sunday for me!

Season 3 ended with Jack on the phone to some guy on a boat, Charlie died and Locke threw a knife at that woman.

Flying Mullet
01-30-2008, 08:25 PM
They're doing a series recap before the season premier tomorrow night as well, so you might be able to download that and watch it before you watch the season premier.

Kirobaito
01-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Be sure to watch all the Mobisodes! Some really cool stuff.

Lost - Missing Pieces Home - ABC.com (http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/missingpieces/index)

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-01-2008, 03:19 AM
Now I just need to remind myself how Season 3 ended. xP

flash forward mate! a flashforward is how season 3 ended! :)

Namelessfengir
02-01-2008, 05:01 AM
damn fine episode. i want to see the oceanic commercial again

Mythra
02-01-2008, 05:03 AM
So what exactly did the Oceanic commercial show? We taped Lost and I didn't know about the commercial until Eli Stone was already over.

Namelessfengir
02-01-2008, 05:52 AM
it was an offer for "golden tickets" fly anywhere anytime about mid way through it was getting hacked with warnings and hints of 815

Miriel
02-01-2008, 06:07 AM
Good episode. Good enough to be a Season Premiere? HELL FREAKIN' NO. After the awesome season finale, I was expecting a lot more.

There was a lot of little stuff that bugged me. Like the fact that a huge chunk of the show revolved around the slow revelation of information to the characters on the Island. Information we (the audience) already know. It took, what, half an hour for half the characters to find out about Charlie? And then another 15 minutes for the rest of the Lostaways to find out. When the episode wasn't focusing on information we already know, it was focusing on obscure little hints and conversations where we (the audience) are left COMPLETELY out in the dark. Yet again, more mysteries, no answers.

Hopefully next week we'll start getting some real answers.

Del Murder
02-01-2008, 06:53 AM
Don't forget Jack's beard. I am highly anticipating further developments on it.

Flying Mullet
02-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Here's the Oceanic commercial that ran during Eli Stone.

YouTube - LOST Oceanic Promo ran during Eli Stone (cryptic message) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh7Y8c_Ug3o)

McLovin'
02-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Good eppy, but not great for a season premiere.

Loony BoB
02-01-2008, 11:24 PM
You guys expect answers in a season premiere? Man, you're silly. :p They only ever give answers to anything in the last few episodes of a season. This is all about the questions.

It did give some answers, though. We now know that Hurley's flashbacks were in fact flashforwards. We also get the new information that, er, he can see dead people. And he is more than likely the one who can do something to get them back to the island, I imagine. And that probably has something to do with seeing Jacob.

Oh, and were there two people inside Jacob's shack, or is it just me?

McLovin'
02-01-2008, 11:31 PM
It was Christian Shepard :) (and the eye is supposedly Jacob but I thought it was Locke even before they showed Locke)

Miriel
02-02-2008, 12:42 AM
You guys expect answers in a season premiere? Man, you're silly. :p They only ever give answers to anything in the last few episodes of a season. This is all about the questions.

It did give some answers, though. We now know that Hurley's flashbacks were in fact flashforwards. We also get the new information that, er, he can see dead people. And he is more than likely the one who can do something to get them back to the island, I imagine. And that probably has something to do with seeing Jacob.

Oh, and were there two people inside Jacob's shack, or is it just me?

One of the major criticisms of Lost, one of the main reasons why their ratings have been dropping steadily is the fact that nothing gets answered on this show. The creators/writers of the show even admitted that this was a problem and that they were gonna start working on fixing that. Obviously, that fix hasn't come in yet, and hopefully as the season moves along it'll get better.

The title of this episode was "Beginning of the End". With that kinda title, you'd think we'd start getting down to the nitty gritty of it all.

Psychotic
02-02-2008, 01:22 AM
It did give some answers, though. We now know that Hurley's flashbacks were in fact flashforwards. We already knew there would be flashforwards after the Jack thing at the end of last season. Unless you mean all of his flashbacks, and in which case, not so. First of all, he won the lottery in his flashbacks and got the numbers from that guy in the mental institution, and yet he mentions winning the lottery whilst on the island. Secondly, pretty sure we saw Libby in one of the mental institution flashbacks. And she's sorta, y'know, dead.

We also get the new information that, er, he can see dead people. Everyone can freakin' see dead people in Lost. Jack seeing his dad, Locke seeing Boone, etc. etc. Nothing new at all!

I hope Naomi is actually dead. I don't know what it is about her, but something just rubs me up the wrong way.

Ichimonji
02-02-2008, 03:45 AM
It did give some answers, though. We now know that Hurley's flashbacks were in fact flashforwards.

I'm also confused at what you mean here, because Hurley's flashbacks were and are in fact his flashbacks. This is his first flashforward.

I really enjoyed the episode, and I thought it was fitting for a season premier. I didn't expect the first episode of the season to be a Hurley-centric episode, but it worked out alright. It raised some very thought-provoking questions. I can't wait for next thursday.

Also, ever since the end of the first season, those darn Losties can't stay together for more than like two episodes. They're always finding some way to be split apart from each other. They'll gather together at the end of the season, and split apart again somehow come next season. It's funny.

Also again, Sayid better have a much larger role in this season than he did on the last season.

Del Murder
02-02-2008, 04:22 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing more Sayid and Hurley, and less Jack and Kate.

Who do you guys think the Oceanic 6 are? I think we know Hurley, Jack, Kate so far.

In Jack's flash forward we know someone they knew died. Probably one of the six. Was it Hurley? You would think at least his mom would come to his funeral, so probably not.

Psychotic
02-02-2008, 04:27 AM
I thought it might be one of the six in the coffin, but Jack and Hurley acted like the Oceanic 6 are celebrities. You'd expect some kind of media presence there, but if I recall correctly only Jack attended.

Also, I'm going to guess the "him" that Kate referred to in Jack's flashforward was Sawyer, and that he's one of the six. Could be wrong!

Namelessfengir
02-02-2008, 04:44 AM
id be some one that got off but they all hate .... like Michael or locke .... a traitor

Kirobaito
02-02-2008, 06:01 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing more Sayid and Hurley, and less Jack and Kate.

Who do you guys think the Oceanic 6 are? I think we know Hurley, Jack, Kate so far.

In Jack's flash forward we know someone they knew died. Probably one of the six. Was it Hurley? You would think at least his mom would come to his funeral, so probably not.
Sun, Jin, and Sayid. I'm tempted to say that Aaron also goes with them (and don't think he would be counted). Everyone that remained on the island is alive, except for Sawyer. :D

(total guess: I've heard that the 8th episode is a Sun-Jin episode, so that leads me to think them, and I have a feeling about d. He has too important of unfinished business off-island)

Ichimonji
02-02-2008, 08:13 AM
id be some one that got off but they all hate .... like Michael or locke .... a traitor

Can't be. Jack cried when he saw the news, not that that's suprising, but he cried nonetheless. And he was about to commit suicide over it. Well, it probably wasn't over the clipping per se, but it definitely brought him over edge, as he was looking at it at the time. He was also hoping to see Kate at the funeral. Kate was appalled at this, but whoever died sparked something inside of Jack.

Sun, Jin, and Sayid. I'm tempted to say that Aaron also goes with them (and don't think he would be counted). Everyone that remained on the island is alive, except for Sawyer. :D

Also, apparently according to lostpedia's spoliers and various sites, you're exactly right Kirobaito. It's Jack, Kate, Sayid, Sun, Jin, and Hurley. I don't know how you guessed that. :o

Loony BoB
02-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I wrote that last post immediately after seeing the episode and thought it over more since then and rubbished my train of thought. I was thinking that Hurley saw Libby and other 'imaginary friends' while he was in the institute as a result of the island, and he would have never been at the institute before the island. But that was just an immediate thought more than anything.

Also, for Hurley seeing dead people, it is different to the other lot because he interacts with them quite well, while most other people have struggled with this. Most people WANT to see the dead and try to communicate with him - Eko succeeded in this and died. Ben succeeded in this but never got all the information he wanted from his mother. Most other dead people disappear before any communication is made. I honestly can't remember how much Boone talked with Locke, I completely forgot about that bit. But with Hurley, the tides have turned and it's the dead people trying to interact with him, trying to be seen, not wanting to disappear. I think it's a significant enough development.

For the funeral thing, it would certainly have to be someone that Kate knows and doesn't like, and nobody else likes either aside from possibly Jack. This makes me wonder if it's Ben, because off the top of my head he's the only profile that fits. Sawyer, Locke and Michael probably the other likelihoods. Jack to me would be upset at Ben's death because he would see Ben as "like him" in that he wants to go back to the island. Whoever it was, I do feel that it was someone with part of the 'key' to getting back - otherwise I don't think that Jack would be wanting to kill himself over the death.

I'm absolutely gutted to find out one of my favourite characters - Richard - declined becoming a season regular. I desperately hope we find out more about him, he has so much to him that I really want to know. I think out of everyone, he may possibly hold the most information. Think on these things...

1. He is a 'native' of the island and to our knowledge he was there before anyone else.
2. He doesn't seem to age fast, if at all.
3. He may well be the only person to have left the island and then returned to the island afterwards.

Plus he's just cool.

The only other question I have at the moment is "What does Hurley have to do?" Probably "See Jacob" or something. I 'unno.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-02-2008, 02:11 PM
just saw the premiere and i thought it was pretty good! It set out what it was supposed to do and that was to set up that mystery of whats about to happen to the people on the island and what decision the 6 made to make them reget being rescued!

much better premiere quite abit happened and im soo happy that it took this episode to follow everyone around after the events of the finale instead of spreading it to 3 episodes which focus a small group of people at a time (like the season 2 and 3 premieres)!

Happy to sit back and watch it all unfold! Lost is back lol yay!

i hope the next seven episodes are worth the wait! :)!!

scrumpleberry
02-03-2008, 01:53 PM
I just want to know WTF is up with Jacob. Also, I'm sick of Jack/Kate/Sawyer stuff all the time.

Hurley's psychological thing, I think, all comes back down to the numbers. I don't think Naomi's properly gone. Also, she mentioned a sister who I think will become important.

Did anyone think the "Oceanic representative" who visited Hurley looked oh-so-slightly like Eko's little brother?

Del Murder
02-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Did anyone think the "Oceanic representative" who visited Hurley looked oh-so-slightly like Eko's little brother?
No, you racist. :p

scrumpleberry
02-03-2008, 06:36 PM
No, you racist. :p

I thought they looked quite similar. Please don't throw words like that around, I really don't appreciate being accused of racism when I was only making an observation.

Bartholomew
02-03-2008, 06:39 PM
omg You were accused of racism. I hope that doesn't show up on your permanent record.

I heard from one of my sources that Charlie is going to die this season. What do you think?

Del Murder
02-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Uh, which season are you talking about?

Bartholomew
02-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Well he dies pretty much every season, so why would this one be the exception?

Roto13
02-03-2008, 09:39 PM
He's already dead. >_>

Bartholomew
02-03-2008, 09:41 PM
He's been dead before. Do you see what I'm saying?

Del Murder
02-03-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm pretty sure this one is for good.

McLovin'
02-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Rofl.

Bartholomew
02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm pretty sure this one is for good.This is Lost, nigga. Polar bears and smoke monsters disagree with you.

McLovin'
02-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Smoke monsta is awesome.

Ichimonji
02-04-2008, 04:16 AM

If it helps, they wanted to cast Lance Reddick (Matthew Abaddon) as Mr. Eko, but he was doing The Wire, so they had to settle with Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje insted.

Flying Mullet
02-04-2008, 01:55 PM
My wife thought the same thing when we were watching it, and I got in trouble when I gave her a "Are you smoking crack?" look because I thought they looked nothing alike. xD

scrumpleberry
02-04-2008, 04:55 PM
:D Yay, I'm not crazy!

I can't wait for the next episode. If they keep on confusing us at this rate, I don't think it's actually going to be physically possible to answer all the questions before the show ends.

Namelessfengir
02-04-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm pretty sure this one is for good.This is Lost, nigga. Polar bears and smoke monsters disagree with you.

hes drowned .... and locked in a steel box that they cant get the door open. so hes going to stay dead

Psychotic
02-04-2008, 10:10 PM
KB, why do you always "guess" at what is going to happen in Lost, when it is obvious that you have insider information hax?

Levian
02-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Blah, here I thought I could safely read spoilers, what with having seen every episode out so far and all, but apparently not. I always make it a point not to read anything about a show until I've seen the latest episode. If I was a CK still I would've either removed those spoilers completely, or marked them more appropriately. Being spoiled is perhaps worse than being stabbed with a rusty scissor.

Flying Mullet
02-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Being spoiled is perhaps worse than being stabbed with a rusty scissor.
Then don't read this: Jack is Locke's and Rousseau's dirty love child.

Levian
02-05-2008, 09:24 PM
well, maybe you shouldn't read this: the smoke monster is Jacob's fart

Kirobaito
02-05-2008, 09:44 PM
KB, why do you always "guess" at what is going to happen in Lost, when it is obvious that you have insider information hax?
I seriously don't spoil Lost in that way. Other things, I mostly don't care (except for HP), but I certainly didn't READ anywhere that they were the six. Apparently I was right (because Ichi didn't mark his spoiler until I had Munty do it), but my roommate mentioned to me that Sun and Jin had an episode, and assumed that that would mean they were two, and I just didn't think they'd leave Sayid with Nadia off-island. There are 8 episodes, so obviously just having an episode doesn't necessarily mean you get off (particularly because Jack had one in another season, and Sun/Jin have the same episode, leaving 6 episodes and only two other of the six to get episodes). But he said that the Sun/Jin episode was the last one, so I don't think they'd do something other than post-island for the last episode.

Flying Mullet
02-06-2008, 06:24 PM
well, maybe you shouldn't read this: the smoke monster is Jacob's fart
I bet KB didn't see that one coming.

Ichimonji
02-08-2008, 04:34 AM
Crazy episode tonight. Miles Straume is my favourite member of the Freighters.

McLovin'
02-08-2008, 04:36 PM
So DHARMA apparently covered up the crash and now they want to find Ben. Charming.

And HA! I told you Locke's lack of kidney would save him :>

Psychotic
02-09-2008, 12:58 AM
I swear I saw "Harold Perrineau" (guy who plays Michael) in the opening credits. Did I imagine that or was his name really there? :confused:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-09-2008, 02:00 AM
Its true his comming back!

episode was alright but i spent most of it feeling uneasy, seriously i was all wtf until the last 10 mintues and then it ends all abruptly!

Levian
02-09-2008, 02:20 AM
I swear I saw "Harold Perrineau" (guy who plays Michael) in the opening credits. Did I imagine that or was his name really there? :confused:

Yeah, I noticed that on the first episode. Doesn't necessarily mean he's coming back to the island, could just be a flashback. But then again, maybe he is the guy Ben talked about in the end, the guy on their boat.

Psychotic
02-09-2008, 02:25 AM
Well, if his name is in the opening credits it implies he is going to be a regular. And instead of a flashback, maybe he appears in a few flash forwards...

Levian
02-09-2008, 02:32 AM
Yeah, sounds like he's gonna be a regular. As regular as one can get in a season with only 16 episodes. >;o

Flying Mullet
02-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Michael's a good guess for who Ben has on the boat. Him or Patchy. He keeps turning up and won't die.

Garnie
02-10-2008, 02:00 PM
mullet is right! if micheal is on the boat that explains how walt spoke to locke!
also im slowly hating this damn program! it cofuddles me and i get annoyed coz i wanna know what happens next!!

Flying Mullet
02-10-2008, 02:44 PM
I think Michael makes the most sense. I suspect Ben knew about the freighter looking for the island and he let Michael and Walt go with the intention of having them rescued by the freighter so he would have someone on the inside. That's why Ben gave Michael a specific coordinate to follow to escape the island, as that would send them right to the freighter.

McLovin'
02-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Patchy is dead :) It was confirmed by the peoplez.

And it is believed that episode 8 (Meet Kevin Johnson) is a Michael episode.

Kirobaito
02-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Writers strike is over. Matthew Fox says we might see another 4-6 episodes this season, after the initial 8.

Report: Writers’ committee accepts offer - Media biz - MSNBC.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23074826/)
Matthew Fox Talks LOST (http://www.collider.com/entertainment/tv/article.asp/aid/6890/tcid/1)

Del Murder
02-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Woohoo!

Levian
02-11-2008, 12:24 AM
yay! that's great news.

Season 4 looking to be quite smashing! lovin' most of it so far. But still a few annoyances that prevents me from enjoying everything about the show. Nice integration of the 4 new cast members too, much better than Nikki & Paulo for sure. ;)

My annoyances:
Miles, the ghostbuster
Smoke Monster
Jacob
Desmond, the medium (hopefully ended with a certain someone's death)
Hugo's numbers.

Silly supernatural crapz. The reason these things are annoying me is because they have been disappointments to me, Lost didn't start out supernatural, but it's something the show has changed into over the last seasons. If it was supernatural right from the start I probably wouldn't be annoyed with these things because I would've known what I would've gotten myself into by starting to watch the show. The only vaguely supernatural thing I can remember from season 1 is Locke being able to walk, but even that can be explained medically. But whatever, still a great show, and I'm intending to watch it till the end.

Ichimonji
02-11-2008, 10:35 AM
How did it not start supernatural? The mysterious monsters comes into play during the first episode. The healing properities, and Locke's conenction with the island is addressed within the first season. And yes, you actually get to see the smoke monster as a pile of black smoke in the first season. The numbers show up in season 1, as well as the whispers. Also, Walt's ability to kill birds with his mind is addressed on the 14th episode of season 1. So Lost has always been supernatural.

I think you should re-watch season one.

Loony BoB
02-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I'd have to say it was pretty supernatural from the start.

I like some of the new characters. Not keen on the chick, she seems a bit boring so far. The guys seems cool enough, though. Drunkard pilot who was supposed to be flying the plane? Perfect. Supernatural guru who can (allegedly) talk to the dead or something? Fitting for the island, should solve a few mysteries... and probably add more :p Guy called Daniel can't go far wrong with an awesome name like that, and although I felt he acted a bit too much like Hurley at times, I think his character (clumsy, slips out a bit too much etc) should be interesting. He seems more open than the other lot.

Flying Mullet
02-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Daniel reminds me of Orlando Bloom.

Loony BoB
02-11-2008, 02:08 PM
How?

EDIT: Actually, I think he has the same facial expressions, right? I don't know.

Levian
02-11-2008, 02:20 PM
How did it not start supernatural? The mysterious monsters comes into play during the first episode. The healing properities, and Locke's conenction with the island is addressed within the first season. And yes, you actually get to see the smoke monster as a pile of black smoke in the first season. The numbers show up in season 1, as well as the whispers. Also, Walt's ability to kill birds with his mind is addressed on the 14th episode of season 1. So Lost has always been supernatural.

I think you should re-watch season one.

I wouldn't call a polar bear supernatural. The loud noises and the whispers didn't necessarily have to be supernatural, they could've been explained as something else. The healing properties only applied to Locke in Season 1. I'll give you the numbers and the smoke monster, I don't remember it appearing in Season 1, but you'd probably know this better than me. Either way, It's safe to say that the amount of supernatural stuff has greatly increased since season 1.

Loony BoB
02-11-2008, 02:25 PM
The amount of supernatural abilities in Heroes and the 4400 also increased after season one, but we all knew it would happen. I don't think that Lost would have worked well if it was full-on from the start. It was meant to keep us guessing and stay open to all sorts of ideas in season one, and help us learn more about the survivors than it was to tell us about the island. It's supposed to go something like this, I understand...

1. Learn about Survivors.
2. Learn about Others.
3. Learn about [??? - possibly what is going on off the island?]
4. Learn about [???]
5. Learn about [???]
6. Learn about [???]

So I figure that learning about the biggest mysteries of the island will happen in the last season. Until then, we'll just have to guess at exactly how supernatural each thing is. :)

Gilghamut
02-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Don't forget Jack's father, who was dead and was spotted by Jack during the first season, just standing around in certain places.

I like how this season is starting out. Miles and Daniel I'm taking a liking to right off the bat. Miles with his ability to talk to the dead could possibly shed some light on the island.

Flying Mullet
02-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Speaking of Jack's father, is there any indication as to why Hurley saw him in the rocking chair in Jacob's cabin?

Loony BoB
02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Just for reference, I don't think we should have to mark any spoilers regarding episodes which have been shown. People should have the knowledge not to look into the thread until they've seen the most recent episode. I know I wait the day or two between the US air date and the UK air date before reading!

Spoilers should only be for things that are going to happen in the future.

To be clear on things: If you haven't seen the most recent episode to be screened in the US, expect things to be spoiled for you in this thread!

Speculation about what's going to happen later on doesn't need to be marked as a spoiler, either - unless of course you happen to know something about future episodes.

Flying Mullet
02-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Sorry boss. :(

Loony BoB
02-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Nah, it's okay. I just don't really know when you're posting a spoiler about a future episode or when you're posting a spoiler about an old episode. :p

McLovin'
02-13-2008, 12:59 AM
They said the monster wouldn't be explained till the very last episode ever...

Flying Mullet
02-13-2008, 02:21 AM
That's because one of the writers put it in there as a dare and now they're trying to figure out how to explain it.

scrumpleberry
02-13-2008, 08:30 PM
...WOKE UP AND IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

I don't care how contrived the explanations are as long as they aren't that, really. Jack's dad - I think maybe he had a weird connection to the island which caused him to turn to drink for escapism. Or people just keep on seeing things they saw off the islands. Like Kate's horse etc...

There's a good chance Hurley had seen Christian Shephard before, everyone keeps on popping up in one another's flashbacks.

Moon Rabbits
02-15-2008, 03:25 AM
PREDICTIONS:

a) Michael is the next name on Sayid's list of hits.
b) The funeral attended by Jack near the end of Season 3 is Michael's
c) Locke is one of the Oceanic 6
d) The Island is in some sort of time warp / worm hole dealie
e) Dharma sent Naomi

AND

f) Dharma and Ben's company (I've forgotten the name) are in some sort of gigantic war over the fabric of time itself and the course of the future. :greenie:

McLovin'
02-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Check out this theory:

The man on the boat is Kelvin. Why? Simply because both Desmond and Sayid are going to the boat and BOTH of them will remember Kelvin from their past.

Something interesting about the rocket thing, it should have taken a minute to get there but instead took 31 minutes. So perhaps it went back in time or something which took 30 min but I don't want to divulge in time travel crap. :)

Garnie
02-15-2008, 08:30 PM
ok i srsly have no idea whats going on anymore
:(

LunarWeaver
02-15-2008, 08:37 PM
My favorite character, Sayid, becomes even more awesome with his crazy antics.

I hope Ben eventually dies a painful death. Like being raped by a cactus.

Levian
02-16-2008, 12:16 AM
The man on the boat is Kelvin. Why? Simply because both Desmond and Sayid are going to the boat and BOTH of them will remember Kelvin from their past.

who?

Also, apparently according to lostpedia's spoliers and various sites, you're exactly right Kirobaito. It's Jack, Kate, Sayid, Sun, Jin, and Hurley. I don't know how you guessed that. :o

One problem with Kate being one of the oceanic six is that she's killed a man, so even if she used the identity card she took from that girl who drowned in Season 1 she'd still be all over the media and her mom would easily be able to point her out. So I'm guessing she isn't one of the oceanic six. How she sneaked off the island unnoticed I don't know.

McLovin'
02-16-2008, 12:21 AM
sigh Levian.

Kelvin is the guy Desmond was with in the hatch and he was also the army official with Saeed in Iraq! Get a better memory!

Psychotic
02-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Seriously (http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Kelvin).

Oh and I bet you enjoyed this episode, my dear LevLev. No supernatural stuff ;)

Levian
02-16-2008, 12:31 AM
oh go sigh elsewhere. :mad2: I thought that guy died.

Psy: Nah not especially, outside the flashforwards nothing really happened in this episode. But yeah, no supernatural stuff is always a plus. ;)

Kirobaito
02-16-2008, 01:49 AM
oh go sigh elsewhere. :mad2: I thought that guy died.

Psy: Nah not especially, outside the flashforwards nothing really happened in this episode. But yeah, no supernatural stuff is always a plus. ;)
And Sayid killing in cold blood is even more of a plus.

Laddy
02-16-2008, 02:06 AM
I believe Sayid is under Ben's control. He seems all of the Oceanic Six have gone bat:skull::skull::skull::skull: insane or totally evil.

Oh, and I'm baaack!

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-16-2008, 03:55 AM
consider my mind blown!

what the hell is going on here! Ben and the Oceanic 6 LOL i bet Elsa's employer has to be either Charles or Penny Widmore!!

Gilghamut
02-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Kelvin is dead. I thought I saw a commercial for the next episode stating that 5 of the Oceanic Six are known; meaning Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid and Desmond (who left on the helicopter with Sayid) being the 5. Though I can see a problem since Desmond didn't come to the island by the plane, but a boat.

Del Murder
02-17-2008, 01:44 AM
Desmond wouldn't be one of them since he wasn't on the plane.

Croyles
02-17-2008, 07:46 PM
The first thing that came into my mind when that rocket took 31 minutes instead of 1 minute to reach the island, was that it must be constantly on the move. Sounds stupid, but thats just what popped into my head.

McLovin'
02-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Kelvin has not been confirmed dead so you can't say he is dead.

Laddy
02-18-2008, 03:35 AM
The Oceanic Six are Jack, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Sun, and Jin, exactly.

PeneloRatsbane
02-18-2008, 03:58 PM
I have a question, Where did Juilette find Desmond, cos i thought he went with Locke so she would have had to have found them and got Desmond, surely she'd have relised wot they were up to if she met them at the barracks,
Or was Desmond just wondering around aimlessly cos we haven't seem him in like 2 weeks? anyway confused, and where are Jin and Sun!?

Loony BoB
02-18-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm fairly certain Desmond did not go with Locke. Desmond is desperate to get off the island, what with the love of his life looking for him and all.

Del Murder
02-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Desmond was most definitely with the group that stayed with Jack.

PeneloRatsbane
02-18-2008, 07:18 PM
thts cool and explains it, i just thought as he was the one who was with Charlie when he said it wasn't Penny's boat that he'd have been a bit more suspicios

Flying Mullet
02-19-2008, 02:19 PM
thts cool and explains it, i just thought as he was the one who was with Charlie when he said it wasn't Penny's boat that he'd have been a bit more suspicios
Love is blind.

Loony BoB
02-19-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm fairly sure everyone is suspicious. Likewise, I'm sure most people in Locke's group have their doubts about whether or not Locke is right.

Spiffing Cheese
02-22-2008, 01:55 AM
One problem with Kate being one of the oceanic six is that she's killed a man, so even if she used the identity card she took from that girl who drowned in Season 1 she'd still be all over the media and her mom would easily be able to point her out. So I'm guessing she isn't one of the oceanic six. How she sneaked off the island unnoticed I don't know.

I heard Kate's flashforwards are going to be her trial for murdering Wayne.

Germ Hamee
02-22-2008, 04:22 AM
Claire! :weep:

Overall a great episode, but I have to say I was pretty disappointed by Miles confrontation with Ben. All of that fuss for a bunch of money? Lame. I want dirt!

Namelessfengir
02-22-2008, 04:54 AM
i wasn't expecting arron at the end

Del Murder
02-22-2008, 06:05 AM
Not bad for a Kate episode. That kid was Aaron? I thought she said Eric.

McLovin'
02-22-2008, 06:21 PM
She said Aaron. :)

also the thing with Miles, I honeslty believe it was a coded message. He has 1 week to get 6 people off the island (3.2 million, 3 . 2, 3 x 2=Oceanic Six :O)

And why? Because he may be the man on the boat. :)

Germ Hamee
02-22-2008, 07:39 PM
If you're right about 3.2 million dollars, then I think it's official I'm just too stupid to be watching this show. :(

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Claire! :weep:

My thoughts exactly! I seriously dont like that Miles guy...i was actually glad Locke put that grenade in his mouth lol!

Sarc the Swordsman
02-23-2008, 12:43 AM
I can't wait for the next episode to show on TV on Sunday. So far, I've enjoyed season 4, and although there is still a lot of mysteries, I'm hoping some things will finally be explained.

I really don't like Miles, and I hope he gets killed off. I do like Charlotte though, she talks and looks almost exactly like a friend of mine. xD

Flying Mullet
02-23-2008, 03:53 PM
I assumed Kate's kid was Aaron. People have seen someone falling from a rescue chopper in a quick flash-highlight of the season, and many have surmised that it's Claire and she dies.

Moon Rabbits
02-23-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty damned certain Claire's gonna die. I really liked the past episode alot, especially for a Kate episode. Usually I find hers uninteresting, but now! Also, I think Sawyer's gonna get killed off too, which kind of sucks because I have never been a JackxKate shipper (SawyerxJack ftw.)

Miles + Locke + Grenade = twisted. And Miles asking for money? Not what I was expecting at all and kind of a disappointment for the giant buildup.

Sarc the Swordsman
02-23-2008, 11:31 PM
I'll really be annoyed if they kill of Claire. Seriously - every single one of my favourite female characters has been killed off so far, one by one. I hope they kill off some of the males for a change.

I hope Libby's mysterious backstory will be revealed too. I heard a few rumours that it would this season.

Roto13
02-23-2008, 11:39 PM
I never liked Claire. She has no reason to live now that Charlie is dead.

I totally knew the baby was going to be Aaron. Totally.

Sarc the Swordsman
02-23-2008, 11:50 PM
There isn't really many female characters left though, considering the amount that have been killed off already. Well, I mean major female characters.

I like Claire and Sun, and I suppose Juliet is pretty cool. I've started to dislike Kate though, because of the constant; boring confusion over her being with Jack, then with Sawyer. Charlotte is the newest female addition - but she seems like she'll be one of the bad guys.

McLovin'
02-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Spoiler about Claire: She isn't gonna die. Someone will die and that either be (again spoiler) Desmond, Juliet, Sun, Jin or Daniel Faraday

Laddy
02-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Where the hell is that Frank guy?

Loony BoB
02-25-2008, 10:21 AM
I never liked Claire. She has no reason to live now that Charlie is dead.
Never mind the fact that she has a <i>freaking baby</i>. I reckon she just didn't want her baby to grow up on the island, or else she was left behind for some reason. Hence Kate having the bub. But yeah, I figured it would be Aaron, too.

I agree with Kate getting a bit boring. I'm starting to see her as a bit same-old, same-old... every story is the same with her and it seems to never end. "10 years in the same state." CAN SHE STAY PUT? FIND OUT. AGAIN.

I like Claire, I think they just need to come up with more to do with her. The fact that she's Jack's half-sister makes things interesting - surely there will be a point that this comes to their knowledge.

Why does everyone hate Miles? I think he's cool. He talks to the dead, man! That's perfect for the Island! He totally needs to stick around long enough to give us a whole lotta answers, because if there's anyone who can, the dead can. While others can talk to and/or seethe dead, only he (from what I know) can do it willingly.

Finally, what are the odds that the grenade is a dud? I mean, really, how long can he hold that in?

Flying Mullet
02-25-2008, 01:43 PM
I agree with Kate getting a bit boring. I'm starting to see her as a bit same-old, same-old... every story is the same with her and it seems to never end. "10 years in the same state." CAN SHE STAY PUT? FIND OUT. AGAIN.
I'm thinking the terms of her sentence will play a point in the plot later; perhaps they all decide they need to go back to the island, which results in her leaving the state.

Loony BoB
02-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Further pointing to the same-old, same-old. "Oh man, Kate is told to stay put and doesn't? Shocking and unexpected revelation!"

Levian
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
I think it was nice that we got a closure to Kate's past crimes. That's not same old.

and Claire is boring and Miles is terrible. Funny how you like the things I don't and I like the things you don't.

Roto13
02-25-2008, 06:03 PM
closure

omg smoke monster.

Madame Adequate
02-26-2008, 04:59 AM
Episode rocked.

I was reasonably sure the kid would be Aaron, but not close to 100%. Cool move. I love Claire though, so :( Edit3: Or rather, loved, until she got over Charlie in the space of two hours.

Then again, the Oceanic Six are the ones who left the island, as far as we know. It's possible other people elected to stay (But why would Kate not choose that, if it was an option?).

Now I'm really interested in Lost again, because I dearly want to know not only what happened to everyone else, but also why this epic lie is being told. This is clearly something they established right away, cf. Jack checking that Hurley won't spill the beans, and Kate hearing Jack tell the lie so many times. Edit: Just occurred to me, why say that two people survived the crash and died later on the island? Wouldn't just "Only six survivors" be easier? On the other hand, it could be to make the story more coherent.

Now, the other question is, why does Jack refuse to see Aaron?

Further edit: It didn't seem like the people in Sayid's flashes really identified him easily, or at least not immediately/by sight alone. If so, does that mean Sayid's flashforwards were further ahead, when people had forgotten the issue more? Is Sayid, given his employment, even one of the Six, or did he get off the island some other way?

Another thought. Miles and Ben spoke in somewhat... circumscribed ways. Is Miles Ben's man on the boat?

Croyles
02-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Thats what i initially thought, that Miles was Ben's spy.

PeneloRatsbane
02-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Jack doesn't want to see Aaron because he's his nephew and i'm guessing something bad happened to Claire (Jacks half sister) and he found out this out and seeing the kid would be difficult

Flying Mullet
02-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Jack doesn't want to see Aaron because he's his nephew and i'm guessing something bad happened to Claire (Jacks half sister) and he found out this out and seeing the kid would be difficult
Good point. It might be bringing back traumatic memories for Jack. He could have had some cause in her death or somehow feel responsible for her death as well and seeing Aaron reminds him of this.

Roto13
02-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Jack doesn't know that he's Claire's half sister on the island. I suppose it's possible that he finds out after they're rescued.

Flying Mullet
02-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Why couldn't he find out while they're still on the island?

Roto13
02-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Because you touch yourself at night. *nod*

Flying Mullet
02-26-2008, 08:09 PM
You'd be amazed what touching myself at night teaches the world.

McLovin'
02-27-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm thinking the terms of her sentence will play a point in the plot later; perhaps they all decide they need to go back to the island, which results in her leaving the state.

Producers made a statment about what season 5 and 6 were going to be about: Why the people that got off the island are lieing or whatever
What happens when those people get back to the island...

Gilghamut
02-29-2008, 03:19 AM
I found tonight's episode to be damn good, Desmond is one of my fav characters.

Psychotic
02-29-2008, 05:43 AM
I'm rewatching Season One right now. Psychic guy telling Claire that her baby must be raised by her and nobody else made me think of the situation that was revealed in the episode before last with Kate. Uh-oh.

McLovin'
02-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Aww good eppy :)

Del Murder
02-29-2008, 07:09 PM
It was ok. I dig the time paradox stuff though.

Roto13
03-02-2008, 04:53 AM
I don't like time travel. :( This makes me a sad panda.

Levian
03-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Desmond in the army reminds me very much of theundeadhero

Ichimonji
03-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Awesome. I always love Desmond's time travel adventures. I need to know more about Widmore!

Also, hopefully we don't see another episode about Kate for a long time.

Flying Mullet
03-02-2008, 05:10 PM
My wife and I are wondering if Widmore is a higher-up in, if not in charge of, the company that's funding the boat to find the island.

Psychotic
03-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Desmond in the army reminds me very much of theundeadheroI am glad I am not the only one.

My wife and I are wondering if Widmore is a higher-up in, if not in charge of, the company that's funding the boat to find the island.I feel nerdy that I picked up the Black Rock and Hanso references.

Sergeant Hartman
03-02-2008, 10:11 PM
A good episode for a change, and just who is the friend on the boat?

PeneloRatsbane
03-02-2008, 10:45 PM
this was a gooden, i felt a tear brewing for Dessie and Penny's chat, with them so far away and the xmas tree in the back ground, and how she is his constant (which i'm pretty sure was a line used on the X-files too)
And hahaha at Farraday's old hairstyle, I've been to Oxford and seen where they filmed that bit when past Des and Daniel met, which was quite cool to see

Flying Mullet
03-03-2008, 02:12 PM
just who is the friend on the boat?
I'm still betting on Michael. Although Miles has a good chance too.

Loony BoB
03-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I don't like time travel. :( This makes me a sad panda.
I'd hate it if it were one of those "You can meet yourself in the future!" things, but this consciousness living outside the chronological life of his body is a bit more allowable.

Having said that, I'm not keen on anything that is a paradox as it opens up for too much that is beyond reason. One thing I've always liked about Lost is that even if things are beyond belief (eg. people coming back to life, ghosts talking, etc) it is still kept within some kind of laws of reason (ie. you can't change the past and remember both pasts). I hope that it's explained in a more believable manner. I mean, the whole "constant" thing - how does that work? This is getting to the point that it's more magical fantasy than science fiction and I hope it won't go completely down that route.

Madame Adequate
03-03-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't understand criticism of the constant. People seem fairly willing to accept psychic temporal projection or whatever it is, but the idea that knowing something in both time periods can help you keep your bearings is beyond the pale?

McLovin'
03-03-2008, 06:25 PM
I believe there will be a logical explanation xD

Germ Hamee
03-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Funny, I thought the constant idea was pretty much the most logical thing this show has ever done.

scrumpleberry
03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I quite enjoyed this episode, particularly because I thought the time travel was well done.

I rolled my eyes quite a lot at the Des/Penny bit at the end, but it was cute all the same. I love Desmond, even if he is becoming a Mary-Sue along with Sayid. Elouise made me sad D:

I'm rewatching Season One right now. Psychic guy telling Claire that her baby must be raised by her and nobody else made me think of the situation that was revealed in the episode before last with Kate. Uh-oh.

ZOMG PSY I JUST HAD A ZOMG MOMENT WHEN YOU SAID THAT THANK YOU THANK YOU.

pee.ess: Kate is getting repetitive with her LUV TRIANGLES, CAN SHE STAY PUT??? I agree.

Sergeant Hartman
03-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah I was thinking it might be him, I wanna see a Michael episode now.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Interesting episode. Although I haven't seen much of her, I really like Penny Widmoore. I don't think Daniel, Frank and Charlotte are bad guys though. Miles seems to be though.

Moon Rabbits
03-04-2008, 03:37 AM

How can Miles be the one on the boat when he is clenching a grenade in his teeth in the boat house?

The man on the boat IS Michael, he's been confirmed to have a centric episode coming up.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-04-2008, 03:58 AM
I hope Miles dies. He's an arrogant idiot. Daniel is..eccentric and funny. Charlotte is English and seems cool. (I'm patriotic though.)

Loony BoB
03-04-2008, 09:58 AM
How is Charlotte cool? She's so far nothing but an irrelevant character that is constantly negative, even more so than Miles. I don't get how Miles is a bad character, though. He's packed with so much potential to be an important part in things that it's insane. Yes, he's a bad guy, but he's a different kind of bad guy, he has talents unique to him and the way he acts is awesome. The whole "Not yet" bit was well played. :D

Flying Mullet
03-04-2008, 12:19 PM
How can Miles be the one on the boat when he is clenching a grenade in his teeth in the boat house?
Because he came to the island to make contact with Ben. Anyways, I already said that I think that Michael is the one on the boat, with Miles being a very distant second.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Charlotte is cool because she isn't another stereotypical 'nice guy'. Plus, theres probably a lot more to her than meets the eye.

Loony BoB
03-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Either that or she's just a boring bad guy, which, from what we've learned so far, is true. I mean, for all you know, Miles could be a good guy, but it would be pretty silly to assume that until we have reason to believe it.

Roto13
03-04-2008, 05:12 PM
I like Daniel, but his voice gets on my nerves. He needs to stop mumbling. It's like the actor who plays him is trying to make him seem like he's further into his own little world than he is. He's not autistic. xD

Kirobaito
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
I like Daniel, but his voice gets on my nerves. He needs to stop mumbling. It's like the actor who plays him is trying to make him seem like he's further into his own little world than he is. He's not autistic. xD
Actually, he might be!

If you ever watched the 8 PM EST episodes that are repeats of the week before, with the "enhanced content" (that bar at the bottom of the screen that flashes information) for episode 2, they refer to that woman that was in the house with Daniel during his flashback as his "caretaker." I think he's definitely mentally ill in some way.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Yeah, plus he started crying in his first appearence, remember? He is a little strange, but he's comic relief. Hurley used to be that...but he hasn't made me laugh once this season, unlike the others.

Moon Rabbits
03-06-2008, 03:52 AM
Faraday is my favourite out of the new characters introduced this season. He's also nice to look at, at least in the present time, not so much with the flashback hair.

ANYWAYS, I think that Charlotte is a bit of a bitch, but I do think she is not a good guy. I mean, if you look at the previews for tomorrow's episode she clocks Kate in the head with a gun and what she and Faraday are doing in the Orchid doesn't seem to be like it's to the benefit of anyone on the island. Actually, I read somewhere that they're trying to release gas over the island from the Orchid, kind like the Purge. Also, the Orchid is said to be the location of "highly dangerous research" and holds some connection to those cloned rabbits we've been seeing since ... what, season 2? To me, Charlotte seems like she's there for personal gain in the sense that she wishes to research the island's properties. Remember her reaction to the Dharma collar on the polar bear?

As for Miles, he interests me not. He seems like the generic "I am a badass so everything you say to me I reply angrily to with some sort of witty remark." Like Sawyer, only not endearing in any way, shape, or form.

Loony BoB
03-06-2008, 10:05 AM
As for Miles, he interests me not. He seems like the generic "I am a badass so everything you say to me I reply angrily to with some sort of witty remark." Like Sawyer, only not endearing in any way, shape, or form.
Everyone seems to forget that key point that he can willingly talk to the dead (possibly only if he has his tools, though). If he can do that off the island, being on the island would be like winning the lottery. I personally believe it's also the reason he said he'd know if Kate was telling the truth by seeing (or, as I'm suggesting, 'talking' to) Natalie's body.

Germ Hamee
03-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Yeah, but this is Lost. I'll betcha he's going to use that cool power of his like... once every season. ;)

Loony BoB
03-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Or else he'll use it frequently but we'll never find out what he discovers until the last episode. And even then, we'll only find out enough to make us ask more questions about something else. :shifty:

scrumpleberry
03-06-2008, 07:15 PM
I like Daniel, but his voice gets on my nerves.

Charlotte seems like a boring and annoying cow to me. I couldn't care less whether she's good or evil. The others are pretty cool.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Charlotte has every right to be annoyed though. She was stranded in the jungle alone after her parachute left her dangling from a tree, and then she had the bad luck of bumping into Locke's group. She was shot, but survived...and she gives off the impression that she doesn't want to be there at all. >_<

I think she'll be the one to explain the polar bear on the island.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
03-07-2008, 04:32 PM
lol well atleast its confirmed who the "big bad" of lost is!

McLovin'
03-07-2008, 04:43 PM
lol at the end. "cya at din din!"

Charles Widmore owns the boat? Wow didn't see that coming -_-

Sarc the Swordsman
03-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Pretty good episode! Just watched it on TV now. Jack is just annoying though, I hate the stupid expressions and little nods he makes whenever he opens his mouth for a line of dialogue. I don't know why, but it just ticks me off.

As for Kate, it looks like Juliet has replaced her as Jacks love interest. Charlotte was cool, especially when she knocked out Kate and almost killed Juliet! [Even though I'm like...the only fan of Charlotte...]

Roto13
03-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I wish Jack would die.

But is that guy really the big bad?

Loony BoB
03-11-2008, 03:07 PM
As for Kate, it looks like Juliet has replaced her as Jacks love interest.
Nah. He just loves them both (he's the new Kate!). He states when off the island that what he said in the courtroom (which was that he didn't love her anymore) was not true, which means he does love Kate. He's such a manwhore. And there's nothing worse than a self-righteous, moral-preaching manwhore. I mean, Sawyer is a bit of a manwhore at times but he's not the one being portrayed as a saint.

Flying Mullet
03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Jack's trying to fill the void in his life that was his ex-wife and any woman that shows any interest in him fills it. We already know that he's emotional and can be weak at times, so he probably likes having a lady friend to lean on.

He's just clingy.

Loony BoB
03-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Given that his ex-wife is the only one I really find myself believing him actually loving, I'll have to agree on that 100%. He's not really shown love in any real way to anyone but her. He just seems like another Ben, wanting to 'own' the woman. Just, er, not as evil and/or determined...

PeneloRatsbane
03-11-2008, 10:49 PM
i prefer Jack and Juliet together than Kate and Jack, but i just know in the end it'll be jack and kate :(, which i one of the few things i am not crazy about on this show

Sarc the Swordsman
03-13-2008, 02:27 AM
I'm not too interested in the whole 'relationships' subplot anymore. It kinda got old after season one, to be honest. xD

I think in the end it'll be another tragic romance. I mean, first we had Shannon and Boone, then Shannon and Sayid, then Hurley and Libby, and then after that Claire and Charlie. So far no romance on the island has worked out very well. >_>

On a random note, I sense a Charlotte and Daniel romance. >_>

Loony BoB
03-13-2008, 12:47 PM
On a random note, I sense a Charlotte and Daniel romance. >_>
Oh, God, no. The last thing a wussy boy needs is a bitchy girlfriend. I see no romance there.

charliepanayi
03-13-2008, 11:13 PM
I can't really see Daniel showing much interest in anything beyond his work to be honest.

Kirobaito
03-14-2008, 03:07 AM
That was an insanely good episode. Man alive.

Ichimonji
03-14-2008, 03:08 AM
MIIIIIIICHAEL IS BAAAAAAAACK!!! That was the best episode this season just because of that! Micheal is awesome; next to Locke he causes the greatest drama. Also, what the hell happened at the end of that episode?! Did Jin fake his own death or something? Why is everyone who gets off the island so messed up? :(

Also, the guy who Jin bought the panda from said it was the year of the dragon, but the next year of the dragon is in 2012, and the previous one was in 2000, and they landed on the island in 2004, so that doesn't make any sense.

So it's Widmore vs Ben. Pretty crazy stuff.

Moon Rabbits
03-14-2008, 03:10 AM
DanielxCharlotte would really piss me off good. I really like Dan's character and am pretty indifferent to Charlotte's, but them together isn't something I'd find appealing in any way. They'd be really annoying, I'd think.

Ji Yeon (sp?) was a pretty good episode, I thought. The ending especially, it was quite sad. I knew Jin was the one who would be dying as soon as he told Sun he'd be with her forever. But what about the flashforwards? I thought Jin was clearly alive. Although, in the end, I thought that the scenes with Jin were flashbacks (notice he said to the man outside the hospital door that he was still working for Sun's father, and that he'd only been married two months), and the scenes concerning Sun were flashforwards off of the island. If this is true, was it a memorial for Jin? Or his actual grave? Does he count as one of the Oceanic Six?

Michael was re-introduced! It was pretty obvious he was the saboteur. Next week is a Michael centric episode, and someone is also going to die according to next week's previews. Even though the show has a habit of killing off characters with their last "centric" episode, I don't think Michael will be the one dying. My money is on Charlotte, Miles, Claire, Sawyer, or Locke.

EDIT: Good point Ichi. I think it's pretty safe to assume that those were flashbacks of Jin's, probably just to throw us off. Because it worked! Up until the end I was sure Jin was still alive, then I began to assume that he and Sun had seperated, only when Hurley arrived and talked about visiting his grave did I click in.

Ichimonji
03-14-2008, 03:18 AM
Ahhh yeah, you're right. That makes sense. Wow, so Jin dies, that really sucks. I was focused on Micheal's return so it took a while to register. Which means that the year of the dragon thing does make sense now. Ahhh, suuuucks. :(

Gilghamut
03-14-2008, 03:19 AM
Damn good episode! I like how they used the flashbacks/flashforwards. Does Jin die next week, I wonder? If he doesn't I'm thinking Claire somehow bites the dust.

Germ Hamee
03-14-2008, 04:05 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaat the fuck. I so wasn't expecting that stuff with Jin.

Del Murder
03-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Gets an official what the smurf from me too. Good television. But it's sad that one of the Koreans has to die. :(

McLovin'
03-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Well we don't know if he is really dead because he just may be on the island with the rest of the survivors who didn't get off or something.

So many strange questions arise with this eppy about whats going on the Freighter.

Psychotic
03-15-2008, 03:28 AM
Well we don't know if he is really dead because he just may be on the island with the rest of the survivors who didn't get off or something. Not likely, seeing as the whole point of the episode was that Jin wouldn't leave Sun no matter what.

Flying Mullet
03-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Next week is a Michael centric episode, and someone is also going to die according to next week's previews. Even though the show has a habit of killing off characters with their last "centric" episode, I don't think Michael will be the one dying. My money is on Charlotte, Miles, Claire, Sawyer, or Locke.
I've heard Claire dies from falling off of a helicopter or some such when they're rescuing people and it's already been filmed, so my money's on her. Apparently that's also why Kate has Aaron.

Moon Rabbits
03-15-2008, 04:54 AM
Next week is a Michael centric episode, and someone is also going to die according to next week's previews. Even though the show has a habit of killing off characters with their last "centric" episode, I don't think Michael will be the one dying. My money is on Charlotte, Miles, Claire, Sawyer, or Locke.
I've heard Claire dies from falling off of a helicopter or some such when they're rescuing people and it's already been filmed, so my money's on her. Apparently that's also why Kate has Aaron.

This seems like a very likely theory to me, I've read about it, but some places say it's Faraday falling from the helicopter. Others say the writers / producers have said that Claire doesn't die from falling a helicopter. I think. Google it!

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
03-15-2008, 07:40 AM
lol it wasnt clicking for me either until i saw the grave i was like. what..? wait a minute...OH SNAP!!! an awesome episode though! cant wait for next week!

McLovin'
03-16-2008, 01:25 AM
The Claire falling from the helicopter is NOT true. She doesn't die.

Moon Rabbits
03-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Well, she may not fall from the helicopter, but that's not to say she doesn't die. I'm fairly certain she will.

McLovin'
03-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Hope not.

Croyles
03-16-2008, 11:06 PM
That was a wicked episode! Im annoyed that Jin died, but happy that michael showed up, even though he is a bit of an idiot.

Sergeant Hartman
03-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Johnson's in the house!!

Sarc the Swordsman
03-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Ugh. I really can't stand Micheal after him killing off two of my favourite characters. I hope they kill him and Walt off within the next few episodes!

As for the latest episode...I'm confused. It seems like Jin died, but what was with the Panda Teddy scene? Is he still alive and working for Sun's father, whilst she thinks he is dead? >_>

Personally I don't think he is dead - or we would have seen a dramatic, shock death scene. Unless if that happens in a different flashforward...

Croyles
03-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Jins was a flashback, not a flashforward. He was still working for Suns dad, and as Ichi said

the guy who Jin bought the panda from said it was the year of the dragon, but the next year of the dragon is in 2012, and the previous one was in 2000, and they landed on the island in 2004
So this was in 2000 before the plane crash. This wasnt supposed to be known until the end.

Ive got a theory. Jack said in court that there were 8 survivers and 2 of them died. We know this is a lie and we KINDA know the reason for it.
We know Sun is officially one of the 6, but i dont think Jin is. Sun doesnt try to cover up the fact that Jin was also on the island (she calls out his name during birth, which yes wasnt on purpose but doesnt seem to regret or fear her slip up afterwards). So he is definitely either one of the 6 or one of two that died. I personally think he is one of the 2. Aaron could also be counted as one of the six. Was it known publicly that Kate had an adopted baby? In that case i think Claire will be counted as the second of the 'two'.

Also, as far as I remember, there were 3 dates on Jins tombstone, can anyone check for me what these were again? Why would there be 3 dates?

Also the re-arrival of the 6 must cause a change of the cover story cause the captain of the Freighter said ALL bodies were accounted for...

charliepanayi
03-16-2008, 11:52 PM
Ana Lucia was one of your favourite characters? She was awful, I was almost cheering when she was killed off. Killing Libby was rather mean though.

I like Michael still, in the end he did what he had to do to protect his child, surely that's understandable, even if you may not agree with it.

And the bit with the panda bear was in the past, the bit with Sun having her baby is in the future - this has been explained already.

Kirobaito
03-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Jins was a flashback, not a flashforward. He was still working for Suns dad, and as Ichi said

the guy who Jin bought the panda from said it was the year of the dragon, but the next year of the dragon is in 2012, and the previous one was in 2000, and they landed on the island in 2004
So this was in 2000 before the plane crash. This wasnt supposed to be known until the end.

Ive got a theory. Jack said in court that there were 8 survivers and 2 of them died. We know this is a lie and we KINDA know the reason for it.
We know Sun is officially one of the 6, but i dont think Jin is. Sun doesnt try to cover up the fact that Jin was also on the island (she calls out his name during birth, which yes wasnt on purpose but doesnt seem to regret or fear her slip up afterwards). So he is definitely either one of the 6 or one of two that died. I personally think he is one of the 2. Aaron could also be counted as one of the six. Was it known publicly that Kate had an adopted baby? In that case i think Claire will be counted as the second of the 'two'.

Also, as far as I remember, there were 3 dates on Jins tombstone, can anyone check for me what these were again? Why would there be 3 dates?

Also the re-arrival of the 6 must cause a change of the cover story cause the captain of the Freighter said ALL bodies were accounted for...
The three days were Jin's birthdate, Jin's deathdate, and Sun's birthdate. It's a family tombstone.

Croyles
03-17-2008, 12:27 AM
Oh right, duh. Thanks Kiro.

I only just realised now that Widmore bought the diary of the black rock (the ship with the dynamite). I didnt remember that episode very well when i watched it.

Flying Mullet
03-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Ugh. I really can't stand Micheal after him killing off two of my favourite characters. I hope they kill him and Walt off within the next few episodes!
Don't hate Michael, hate Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros for getting DUIs during the filming of <i>Lost</i> and being written off of the show. :p

Madame Adequate
03-17-2008, 03:16 PM
That episode was pretty fucking awesome. I was like "Wanna see my '=O' face?" at the end. I loved how they combined the flashbacks and flashforwards like that.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-17-2008, 03:17 PM
I heard about that, but the producers said it was coincidence that they were killed off; and not because of their crime. Still, I don't believe that but it's just a shame they had to die. >_>

On the other hand, the actor who played Mr. Eko was also involved in some trouble; and ironically he ended up killed off too. I can't find the article I read on that though.

Roto13
03-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Eko wanted to be killed off, though. :P

PeneloRatsbane
03-17-2008, 05:10 PM
the guy who played Jin was also in some driving trouble as well tho.

i knew he was going to die since the show started, i could just feel it which sucks cos he was like my 4th fave ~(dessie, sawyer, Sayid, the jin).
so sad

Flying Mullet
03-17-2008, 05:12 PM
the jin
Makes him sound like a drink.

"What'll you have?"

"I'll take the jin."

McLovin'
03-17-2008, 06:40 PM
"Says smokie" :p

Sarc the Swordsman
03-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Now if only they'll kill off Jack, which was intended for the very first episode, if I recall correctly. >_>

Moon Rabbits
03-18-2008, 02:27 AM
Jin isn't necessarily dead, though. For all we know he could still be on the island. Really, I hope this is the case, but I could see it not being true (remember, Hurley around the graves: "we made a horrible mistake"). I have a feeling they're going to leave this plot point open ended for awhile, I doubt Jin is dying in the episode this week.

My real concern is who the Oceanic 6 are. I mean, the CTV previews said that the "last of the six" were revealed in Ji Yeon, but by my count there have only been five. Sun, Sayid, Jack, Kate, and Hurley. Does Aaron count as one of the Six? This doesn't make much sense to me, though, because he wasn't really 'on' the plane - would they give such a small child a monetary settlement for the disaster? I don't know. What are your opinions on Aaron and the Oceanic Six?

Sarc the Swordsman
03-18-2008, 02:42 AM
It's so confusing, but then...this is Lost. xD I'm more concerned about the people left behind on the island. Does this mean the Oceanic 6 end up trying to get back to their normal lives, and don't do anything to help rescue the others? >_>

Plus, they're acting weird - Jack turned to alcohol, and went psychotic. Kate stayed the same, I guess; except the mystery of Aaron. Hurley went a little insane, and Sun seems to be fine, except that Jin is presumably dead.

So, I'm assuming the horrible mistake, results in the deaths of a few survivors. Assuming Jin is dead, he may be one of the victims...and possibly Claire, since Kate has Aaron. Just a theory.

Ichimonji
03-21-2008, 03:05 AM
Wow, they answered like more than zero questions in one episode, so that was pretty crazy! That was a pretty intense epsiode.

Kirobaito
03-21-2008, 03:07 AM
Guess we won't be getting that Danielle flashback.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-21-2008, 03:33 AM
I can't wait to watch the next episode on Sunday. According to rumours I've heard, Libby is going to be in the next episode! I loved her character.

LunarWeaver
03-21-2008, 04:33 AM
I really liked this Michael episode. Normally they meander forever about nothing, but I felt like this one had some real focus going on.

Gilghamut
03-21-2008, 04:48 AM
Very good episode, the best Michael episode imo. I thought it funny when he tried to set off the bomb and a little flag with a message popped up.

But now we gotta wait a month before new episodes? That sucks.

Moon Rabbits
03-21-2008, 08:00 AM

And I am SO PISSED OFF about that. This is not what I was expecting :( I AM SO VERY SAD. I <3 Rousseau.

Very good episode, the best Michael episode imo. I thought it funny when he tried to set off the bomb and a little flag with a message popped up.

It was a really good episode. Not really what I was expecting though. And Sayid at the end with Michael :O AND Alex! Who were the people shooting? Are they the Others or someone else?

Lastly. ROUSSEAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :(

Del Murder
03-21-2008, 08:10 AM
I thought this episode did the 'dragged-out creepy music because something's gonna happen!' part too much, but it was nice that it revealed stuff.

Kirobaito
03-21-2008, 08:50 AM

And I am SO PISSED OFF about that. This is not what I was expecting :( I AM SO VERY SAD. I <3 Rousseau.

It was a really good episode. Not really what I was expecting though. And Sayid at the end with Michael :O AND Alex! Who were the people shooting? Are they the Others or someone else?

Lastly. ROUSSEAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :(
My guess is that it was the Others. They had their orders from Ben. Ben wanted Alex to go with Rousseau and Karl specifically so they would be killed. That seems to make sense, at least.

Miriel
03-21-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm still getting caught up on the episodes, but I just wanted to comment on the Sun+Jin episode.

I'm kinda annoyed that Jin is dead. The Jin + Sun episodes are without a doubt, some of the best that Lost has to offer. I know a lot of people can't appreciate it, but the Korean dialogue is really well written. Better than some Korean dramas I've seen. The interaction between the two characters has always been great, and they've both had good solid character developments. I feel like at this point, they're just killing people off for the sake of killing them off. Like if you really think about the character and where he started and where he should end up, is being dead and leaving behind a wife and child really what his character's arc demanded? I say no, absolutely not.

Whatever though, I assume we're gonna seen a ton more people die before this is all over.

Del Murder
03-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Bloodbath!

McLovin'
03-21-2008, 12:47 PM
That wasn't a great cliffhanger :(

And for the ending what if after Sayid heard Michaels story he saw Michael was incapable of doing that job so by turning him in and gaining the cap'n's trust HE will finish Michaels job because he can. :)

Kirobaito
03-21-2008, 09:08 PM
That wasn't a great cliffhanger :(

And for the ending what if after Sayid heard Michaels story he saw Michael was incapable of doing that job so by turning him in and gaining the cap'n's trust HE will finish Michaels job because he can. :)
Nice thought~

Roto13
03-21-2008, 10:04 PM
So... is the big Other dude gay then? xP

Moon Rabbits
03-21-2008, 10:23 PM
My guess is that it was the Others. They had their orders from Ben. Ben wanted Alex to go with Rousseau and Karl specifically so they would be killed. That seems to make sense, at least.

I didn't even think of that, but knowing Ben, I'd bet it's true.

Like if you really think about the character and where he started and where he should end up, is being dead and leaving behind a wife and child really what his character's arc demanded? I say no, absolutely not.

I completely agree. If Jin is REALLY dead, then I'll be more than a little peeved. I'm still crossing my fingers that he's still on the island for some reason maybe because it won't let him leave ala Michael can't kill himself?

Yeah, the writers said for awhile now they were going to introduce a gay character. It's a shame it's not someone more attractive :P I was hoping it would be Faraday, actually.

Del Murder
03-22-2008, 02:01 AM
Yes, he <i>was</i>.

Roto13
03-22-2008, 04:32 AM
Yes, yes, I know, he's dead. Posthumously outing him and all that.

Psychotic
03-22-2008, 07:49 AM
They gave him the Dumbledore treatment.

Also yeah, sucks that Rousseau is dead. Really wanted to know what the deal with her expedition team thing was.

Gilghamut
03-22-2008, 08:03 AM
There's always a chance that the island may "help" Rousseau like how it was preventing Michael from killing himself.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-22-2008, 10:28 AM
I haven't seen the episode yet, but like someone else said earlier; it seems they are just killing off people for the sake of it now. I wouldn't mind, but they could at least explain things before doing it!

I'm suprised they didn't decide to do what the fans wanted and start explaining more stuff. I read in an interview they were going to start doing that this season...

Roto13
03-22-2008, 03:36 PM
... Did you actually see the last episode? It explained a ton of stuff.

Flying Mullet
03-22-2008, 07:08 PM

Yeah, the writers said for awhile now they were going to introduce a gay character. It's a shame it's not someone more attractive :P I was hoping it would be Faraday, actually.
When Kate, Jack and Sawyer first were captured by the others Tom took Kate to the shower hall so she could shower and put on that sun dress. When Kate asked if he was going to stay and watch her shower he said something that amounted to "I'm not into the ladies, I'm into the dudes."

Roto13
03-22-2008, 07:22 PM
He said "You're not my type" or something. That's not quite so explicit. xD

Laddy
03-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Actually, Moon Rabbits, I actually think it IS Farady. Just a gut.

Madame Adequate
03-23-2008, 01:58 AM
Poor episode was poor. I feel absolutely no emotional concern for Michael, and frankly, I was disappointed that the gun jammed. So a Michael episode wasn't great, doubly so because they broke from the normal still-kinda-cool flashback formula (Which they twisted so brilliantly in Ji Yeon) to just give us an episode about a character I frankly don't give a crap about.

I also disliked the episode's failure to show anything at all about Michael and Walt actually getting off the island. I mean come on, did they just boat across the Pacific for six weeks until they pulled none the worse for wear in San Diego? Did the Others get them most of the way after all? If someone else rescued them, what was their story? I can understand Michael might want to keep the island quiet because if people go the world could find out about his murders, but even so... too big a gap.

The only real point of interest is that the island won't let people die unless it wants to. Problem is that this is so utterly ridiculous that it strains my imagination far more than anything else the show has thrown at me, and I'm pretty much already far beyond suspending disbelief, but this was just... ugh.

And the final nail in the coffin, Rousseau's apparent death. Karl I didn't care much about, he was always a bit player. Rousseau was another matter. I was always under the impression that we might see, you know, some development there, but they just upped and killed her :monster:

McLovin'
03-23-2008, 05:11 PM
They said after the break we find out HOW they got off the island.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-23-2008, 11:21 PM
I just watched the episode. I also felt no concern for Micheal - I mean, come on...just kill him off already! It did explain a few things though. Still, I really hope Rousseau isn't dead. We haven't seen her side of how she got onto the island through flashbacks.

I wonder who attacked her, anyway? For some reason, my instinct tells me it is the Others who left Ben to go to this 'safe place' he sent them to. Ugh. I dunno. >_>

Moon Rabbits
03-24-2008, 07:29 AM
I just watched the episode. I also felt no concern for Micheal - I mean, come on...just kill him off already! It did explain a few things though. Still, I really hope Rousseau isn't dead. We haven't seen her side of how she got onto the island through flashbacks.

I wonder who attacked her, anyway? For some reason, my instinct tells me it is the Others who left Ben to go to this 'safe place' he sent them to. Ugh. I dunno. >_>

I really hope they don't actually kill her. I mean, Karl could be the one who died that episode for all we know, and Rousseau might still survive. But I don't know, she got shot right in the chest. What is keeping me hoping is the fact that the producers said she would get a flashback episode.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I heard about that too. On one hand, I think she might survive because of the islands power to prevent death in some cases. (Example: When Locke got shot by Ben at close range and survived.)

On the Other (xD) hand though, Lost has a habit of making characters have sudden, shock deaths. Even if she does die, I'm certain she'll still have a flashback episode - maybe just shown through another characters eyes. Possibly Bens, or Alex's flashbacks?

I feel sorry for Alex at the moment! I'm hoping this is the turning point of her character becoming a major character.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
03-25-2008, 10:30 PM
still in denial danielle is soo not dead! Im just thinking she got shot at around the same place as locke did when he got shot point blank so maybe the island will help her out! *fingers crossed*

Im glad were getting more episodes! damn strike!

Flying Mullet
03-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Im just thinking she got shot at around the same place as locke did when he got shot point blank so maybe the island will help her out! *fingers crossed*
Locke survived because Ben shot him where his kidney used to be. The island didn't (directly) help him survive.

PeneloRatsbane
03-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Alex seemed a bit cowardly shouting "i'm bens daughter", not tht i blame her but still

Sarc the Swordsman
03-26-2008, 01:15 AM
Yeah, she was desperate though - her boyfriend and mother had been shot dead right in front of her, so she assumed she would be next unless she said something; anything to get the attention of whoever it is that is attacking her.

But...who could it be?! The ones after Ben are on the boat, stranded. Charlotte and Daniel aren't much of a threat - and they're with Jack's gang. >_<

Kirobaito
03-26-2008, 01:17 AM
Yeah, she was desperate though - her boyfriend and mother had been shot dead right in front of her, so she assumed she would be next unless she said something; anything to get the attention of whoever it is that is attacking her.

But...who could it be?! The ones after Ben are on the boat, stranded. Charlotte and Daniel aren't much of a threat - and they're with Jack's gang. >_<
'Twas the Others. Ben purposefully sent Karl and Rousseau with Alex with the intent of having them killed. This seems pretty obvious to me.

Moon Rabbits
03-26-2008, 03:42 AM

'Twas the Others. Ben purposefully sent Karl and Rousseau with Alex with the intent of having them killed. This seems pretty obvious to me.

Not necessarily. While this seems the most logical, Lost is never really logical. It could be the those on the freighter, for all we know they've managed to get on the island. Weren't they talking about going ashore? I mean, Keamy, Frank and Omar were given some errand to run, weren't they? Maybe this is it.

McLovin'
03-26-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't think it was the Others who shot them. Remember we saw those military guys on the boat? Well where are they now? Probably scouting the island or something and just happened to see those 3 and kill 2...

charliepanayi
03-26-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure it is those military guys who were clay pigeon shooting on the ship. As someone I spoke to pointed out, they hardly seem the quiet, stealthy types. I'm still more inclined to think that Ben is behind this, not least because it rids him of his daughter's boyfriend (whom he obviously despises) and a mad woman who generally does little but hit him.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Possibly, but Ben stated to Micheal that 'he doesn't kill innocent people'. I don't know how innocent Danielle and Karl are, but it doesn't make much sense for Ben to be killing off his own people when he's in danger of being caught.

Flying Mullet
03-28-2008, 05:37 PM
I could see Ben telling himself that others killed Karl and Danielle, not himself, so he's clean. He has a very different take on morals and what is right and wrong.

Moon Rabbits
03-28-2008, 10:49 PM
If anyone played the Lost Experience, I've got theories! Or more like one sort of theory. The Valenzetti Equation is supposed to predict the end of humanity, right? And they tried and tried and couldn't get it to produce a different answer, right? You know, the numbers and stuff. Well, I'm assuming this is because of time/the planet's "course correction", meaning there is no way to change the end of time.

Except on the island! That's why it's so special (among several other reasons), I'm assuming. Perhaps it's saved from the end of the world (which is why Widmore wants it?), or maybe the end of humanity CAN be changed, but only with the help of the properties on the island. Perhaps this is "the work [Jack has] to do", along with the others on Jacob's list (see the last Mobisode!), saving the world and time and all that junk. OR maybe Ben's trying to keep the world on the right course and is trying to bring about the end of humanity himself, and the "good" people on Jacob's list are exempt?

I don't know, I was just thinking about this today. I'm pretty damned sure that the Valenzetti Equation and "course correcting" have a large connection to eachother.

Kirobaito
03-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Possibly, but Ben stated to Micheal that 'he doesn't kill innocent people'. I don't know how innocent Danielle and Karl are, but it doesn't make much sense for Ben to be killing off his own people when he's in danger of being caught.
Ben is a liar.

Roto13
03-28-2008, 11:07 PM
So no more episodes until the 24th of April. Oh, well. At least we're getting a full season.

Del Murder
03-28-2008, 11:27 PM
What the hell is the Valenzetti Equation?

Roto13
03-28-2008, 11:50 PM
The Valenzetti Equation - Lostpedia (http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Valenzetti_Equation)

Moon Rabbits
03-28-2008, 11:54 PM
So no more episodes until the 24th of April. Oh, well. At least we're getting a full season.

Not really. It's only going to be thirteen episodes as opposed to the 16 it was supposed to be. But I'm pretty sure the overflow is just being put in season 5.

On top of that, Lost seasons used to average at least 20 eps.

Roto13
03-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Then IMDB is lying to me. :P

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Sheesh when are these people ever going to be found?

assuming that is the theme of the show :confused:

Germ Hamee
03-29-2008, 02:11 PM
But they have been found. D:

Moon Rabbits
04-25-2008, 06:54 AM
Episode = Good.
Alex Dead = not good.
Widmore owns the island? Did he have it before Ben? Widmore is Jacob. Also, the produces totally lied when they said many important characters will die, because those random three stupid ones were stupid.

/end.