PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Setting Up Xbox Live

Shiny
01-30-2008, 09:00 PM
How do you set up Xbox Live with a Westell Model 6100 modem/router? Apparently its ethernet compatible, but the light doesn't glow green like it should when I connect the cable. Any idears?

XxSephirothxX
01-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Is it a modem, or a router? If it's a modem, you'll likely have to reset the unit when changing the device it's connected to. There's no reason for it not to work. A router could be slightly more complicated.

Rye
01-31-2008, 01:56 AM
If it's a router, then you have to get a wireless receiver to plug into the 360, because the 360 doesn't have a wireless card built in like a Wii. I didn't know that either, good thing my boyfriend told me before I got my 360 for Christmas. xD It's rather costly, but it works great, and had no set up involved.

XxSephirothxX
01-31-2008, 02:48 AM
Or you could use an ethernet cable and save $100. ;)

Shiny
01-31-2008, 03:32 AM
It says “DSL2 + router” on the back, but in network connections it says “Westell Wirespeed Dual Connect Modem # 2” so I don’t know which one it is per se. I tried to connect the Ethernet cable to the modem/router and there is a port there. The light doesn’t flash green like it should to establish that it’s connected. I even went to network connections and enabled the VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter, but I keep getting a disconnected message.

Roto13
01-31-2008, 03:45 AM
Westell is the devil when it comes to Xbox Live. They give a lot of people problems.

Shiny
01-31-2008, 05:39 AM
Never mind, I got it. Now I just have to figure out how to get the USB to work with the Ethernet cuz the modem will only enable internet usage on the this computer if I have it hooked up to USB.