PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite final boss of any game?

KentaRawr!
01-31-2008, 06:13 AM
Simple topic. What is your favorite Final Boss? And if you can't decide, who are your favorites? I, personally, am very fond of the final boss for Kirby's Adventure. He was truly, truly epic.

And yours? :monster:

Ramza Beoulve
01-31-2008, 06:33 AM
16th Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus, Omega in MMZ 3, Metal Gear Rex in MGS and Alpha Core in Omega Boost

Dreddz
01-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Eden from Rez was awesome start to finish.

Monol
01-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Neo X-death, ganon (OOT, baby bowser from super mario world 2, ultimecia, xemnas, bowser from paper mario and sephiroth to name a few :cool:

demondude
01-31-2008, 05:48 PM
B-B-B-Bowser!

Trumpet Thief
01-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Bowser in SMG was amazing, but what takes the cake is Ganon from Ocarina of Time, simply because of the epicness surrounding the whole thing. =)

Vermachtnis
01-31-2008, 07:18 PM
Sigma in X3, one weak spot on his tiny head.
Ganon in Wind Waker. May have been a bit on the easy side, but the music and fight itself was awesome.

LunarWeaver
01-31-2008, 07:50 PM
I think perhaps Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3. It wasn't a big beastie with flashie effects, but an emotional battle. Makes me...choke up a little inside. /choke

JKTrix
01-31-2008, 08:14 PM
I haven't finished many games, but some of the more recent ones that sticks in my mind are New Earth from Sin & Punishment and the Earth-Killing Meteors from the 2 Ouendan games.

XxSephirothxX
01-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Zeus in God of War II has got to be one of the best I've ever played.

Final Colossus was also suitably epic, though I remember finding it somewhat frustrating at first.

Evastio
01-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Final Fantasy IV was really awesome seeing how all of Cecil's allies helped him out in the end to defeat Zeromus (the seizure inducing background was also awesome).

Wolf Kanno
01-31-2008, 08:55 PM
I'll second the Boss battle in MGS3 especially when "Snake Eater" started to play. Sigma in X6 during the X storyline is awsome too. Final boss fight in BoFV. Lavos and Magus battles in CT were smurfing amazing.

Ganon in in Twilight Princess, this fight made the one OoT look like a cheesy cliche... oh yeah it was... Vagrant Story's battle where you team up with Sydney. Ico's final boss fight.

The battle against the Disco bee and Sanbon Trio in Gitaroo Man were awsome only because they really felt like duels and the music was some of the best in the game.

Skyblade
01-31-2008, 10:02 PM
GLaDOS from Portal.

Big D
01-31-2008, 10:32 PM
Jason Chance from Syphon Filter 2. The concept is just so daunting when you fight him the first time: how are you supposed to beat a man in full-body grenade-proof armour, who's wielding an automatic shotgun?

Safer Sephiroth was another foe who was unexpected and intimidating, being the first RPG final boss I'd ever faced. Great character design, memorable music, and neat battle effects (Supernova, for instance). As an RPG beginner, I found him fiendishly difficult too.

Woodinator
01-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Ganon from OoT was a lot of fun, music was good and the first time you play you're kinda like oh crap I'm out of magic what do I do?

Rostum
02-01-2008, 12:37 AM
I recently played God of War and God of War II, and I must say most of the boss battles in those games are fairly epic. Zeus is awesome at the end of the second game.

Zelda Twilight Princess also has some fairly big boss fights, but they are far too easy.

I'm really not sure what my favourite boss fight / final boss fight would be... I mean, in Final Fantasy games they are awesome, and in the Xenosaga games they are awesome (Kevin in Xenosaga 3 was a pain, and Margulous fights are just awesome).

Kingdom Hearts had some nice battles too.

Eh, I'm not going to pick one. :p

Heath
02-01-2008, 12:55 AM
I've always had a thing for the Meta-Ridley fight in Metroid Prime but, sadly, it isn't the final boss.

I've always enjoyed fighting Lavos in CT because it's about the only difficult battle in the whole game and it's nice to actually have to think about what you're doing. Also some great music there and - if you go the Black Omen route - I always feel quite accomplished when I go through the whole thing. Kingdom Hearts I and II should get honourable mentions. I suppose I should also mention Shadow Hearts too for the simple reason that the final boss is Meta God, which is certainly quite impressive as far as bosses go.

Momiji
02-01-2008, 02:10 AM
Ganon from LoZ:Ocarina of Time. It wasn't that he was hard or anything, the battle was just epic from the first part (Ganondorf throwing energy balls at you) to the end (monster form of Ganon). Maybe I'm a little biased because I was 8 when I beat this game and it seemed more epic then. :p

Breine
02-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Although a bit frustrating the final colossus in Shadow of the Colossus was a pretty epic battle, and the entire ending of the game was pretty damn brilliant.

Tallulah
02-02-2008, 09:29 PM
The Nightmare at the end of Link's Awakening. It went right up in my estimation once I learned that you could kill its final form with one or two hits with the Boomerang rather than about 30 Arrows...

Also one of the first games I completed. :D

Roto13
02-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Ganondorf in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, because you fight him pretty similarly in both games. Straightup sword fighting. <3

Fuzakeru
02-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Nox from Persona 3 has to be my favorite.

Ichimonji
02-02-2008, 11:11 PM
I have four all time favourites.

Vaati from LoZ: Minish Cap
Smithy from Super Mario RPG
Ultimecia from FFVIII
Rhapthorne from DQVIII

Little Al
02-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Legend of Zelda series: Ganon (It doesn't matter which incarnation, but I like the OoT, TWW, and TP incarnations the best! :)), Majora (Its not to shabby either, but easier to beat than Ganon), and Vaati (FS, FSA, and TMC incarnations. I had some trouble but pulled it off in the end.)

Final Fantasy Series: Zeromus is pretty much a favorite. So's Exdeath. Not to mention Sephiroth. (Although I've never seen the part in which he transforms into Safer Sephiroth, as I don't own FF7. But I did beat him in KH 1 & 2. And much to say, he was HARD)

Fire Emblem series: Ashnard (From PoR. He's one freaking son of a gun, and hard to beat though.). Black Knight (Put it this way, in PoR it took mostly luck to beat him, and I don't wanna mention RD. :exdee:). And last but not least Idun (From Sword of Seals. And from what I've saw, she has some crud going on with her.).

Blackheart252
03-15-2008, 08:22 PM
normally i would probably pick sephiroth, but the 'last' last fight is kinda stupid, you can sit there for hours and seph wont do a thing, just look at cloud; anyway, i have to pick the last boss from chrono trigger, due to the fact that you can fight him whenever you feel ready

Alucard von Elru
03-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Eden from Rez was awesome start to finish.

Dear god yes! That was absolutely amazing!

I love the final colossus in Shadow of the Colossus, as well as the final encounter in ICO.

Overall though, out of all the games I've played, Beyond Good & Evil's final encounter pretty much has to take the cake. Epic beyond words. The entire time I had chills going down my spine and a wide smile on my face. Absolute perfection, atmospherically and executionally.

Roogle
03-19-2008, 03:31 PM
The final battle with Gigyas in Earthbound is one of my favorite final battles because of its almost mandatory strategy. Who would have thought that an underused ability would be necessary to receive the strength needed to strike down the final threat? The interlude in the middle of the battle is amazing.

Evastio
03-20-2008, 02:29 AM
Actually I think I'll change my choice.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28161&d=1205976354

It's a huge jiggly gross bloody eyeball that shoots out and explodes blood. How awesome and beautiful is that?

Okay maybe beautiful isn't the right word to describe it...

Brennan
03-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Angelus from Drakengard (Don't judge!!!) because of the fact Drakengard ROCKS and all of the other final fights are easy, unless you spam jump attacks on her.

Realm25
03-21-2008, 01:55 AM
Final Boss? that's easy! Kingdom Hearts 1 - The Heart of Darkness!

Grinn
03-21-2008, 02:32 AM
Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-22-2008, 10:54 AM
The Boss at the end of MGS3 was an epic battle, mainly for the emotional factor. Other than that, I haven't really been impressed with any other final boss battles.

leader of mortals
03-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Aphelion from Radiata stories is the only good answer here.

Tabris
03-22-2008, 05:27 PM
To me, it would have to be Braska's Final Aeon from FF-X.

Rocket Edge
03-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Ultimecia from VIII. I remember thinking "Oh god, this is it!" I loved every bit about VIII, so I loved that boss fight. Can Omega & Ultima Weapon count too? If so, I'd put them in too, I loved them battles.

Jason Chance from Syphon Filter 2. The concept is just so daunting when you fight him the first time: how are you supposed to beat a man in full-body grenade-proof armour, who's wielding an automatic shotgun?
Seconded.

Doomtrain 770
03-27-2008, 03:06 AM
For some reason, I really liked the battle against the kind-of-aptly-named 'Giant Tree' at the end of Suikoden IV, although they never really explain why it's there in the first place...still fun, though.

Bakamut
03-28-2008, 08:09 AM
but what takes the cake is Ganon from Ocarina of Time, simply because of the epicness surrounding the whole thing. =)
QFT.

Ouch!
03-28-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm going to have to go with the series of battles against Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. First the battle against Puppet Zelda, in which there's the bit of a throwback to the battle against Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time. Next there's the battle against his beast form, the new interpretation of Ganon (although I do prefer his form in OoT). The battle on horseback is pretty awesome, too, but what takes the cake is the one on one sword fight at the very end.

Spuuky
03-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Hitler II in Bionic Commando.

Moon Rabbits
03-28-2008, 11:05 AM
So many:

Tower of Kefkas! (FFVI), Sephiroth (FFVII), Lavos (Chrono Trigger), Metal Gear (Metal Gear Solid), The Queen (ICO), Mary (Silent Hill 2) ... the list goes on and on!

KentaRawr!
03-28-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm going to have to go with the series of battles against Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. First the battle against Puppet Zelda, in which there's the bit of a throwback to the battle against Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time. Next there's the battle against his beast form, the new interpretation of Ganon (although I do prefer his form in OoT). The battle on horseback is pretty awesome, too, but what takes the cake is the one on one sword fight at the very end.

The Tennis Match is classic in Zelda games. The first game that had it was A Link to the Past, but it's appeared multiple times in the series since then.

Medi
03-29-2008, 04:46 AM
Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

The only one worth mentioning. I mean, all final bosses I've fought have been good and epic and all, but this one really takes the cake.

Alucard von Elru
03-29-2008, 06:06 AM
Angelus from Drakengard (Don't judge!!!) because of the fact Drakengard ROCKS and all of the other final fights are easy, unless you spam jump attacks on her.
That fight was a bitch and a half. :P Although, I prefer the game's TRUE final fight. Although it was actually painfully easy once you figured out the trick (hitting the pause button, counting the rings, unpausing and jamming out the appropriate two or so presses, pause, and so on). Still, it gets major points just for being the freakiest thing in the whole game (and let's face it, Drakengard's mind-effery comes just shy of Silent Hill).

Also, not sure why I didn't mention it earlier, but Zophar from Lunar 2 was an incredible "final" encounter. Not only was he disgustingly challenging, but he gets extra points for being probably the only "ancient evil" in the entire genre to actually freak me out on a regular basis. If you're going to make a villain that is nothing more than the embodiment of all evil, then at least make me feel it the way Lunar 2 did. I still have nightmares.

Laddy
03-29-2008, 06:07 AM
I love Xemnas and Bhaal from Kingdom Hearts II and Grandia, respectvely.