PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will or will not win?

Dolentrean
01-31-2008, 07:49 AM
There is a Democratic and Republican thread, so this is about who you think it will come down to? After the primaries who do you think will be left standing? Who do you hope will be left standing? And what do you think of people on each side dropping out?

One Democrat.

One Republican.

Your pick for each side…

:shifty:

Avarice-ness
01-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Win: McCain.
Win: Obama

Lose: Huckabee
Lose: Clinton

I for one, would not like a "President Huckabee".

Martyr
01-31-2008, 12:19 PM
McCain vs. Clinton

I will vote for Micky (I don't know if anybody calls him that)

Araciel
01-31-2008, 06:12 PM
Jesus.

ljkkjlcm9
01-31-2008, 06:13 PM
McCain would be a good president, just, they say 1 year in office is about 4 years off your life. He's already so old, not sure he'd survive the entire term.

Democrat side, prolly Obama.

THE JACKEL

Shiny
01-31-2008, 07:19 PM
John McCain for republicans, though I'm rooting for Ron Paul.

And Barack Obama for democrats most definitely.

Denmark
01-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Dennis Kucinich anyone?

But of the front-runners, I'd prefer Obama to Clinton, and no Republican. To me, every GOP candidate has some aura of evil about them. Especially Huckabee and Ron Paul. I guess McCain's the least threatening?

Dolentrean
01-31-2008, 08:45 PM
Win: McCain.
Win: Obama

Lose: Huckabee
Lose: Clinton

I for one, would not like a "President Huckabee".

Thos are my picks as well, though I would find it very funny to have a President Huckabee :love:

Rye
01-31-2008, 08:56 PM
McCain and Obama.

I think Obama will be the next president! I love Mr. Obama~ <3

edczxcvbnm
01-31-2008, 09:57 PM
McCain and Obama but who knows what will happen on Super Tuesday.

Obama has been gaining ground but will it be enough in time for him to get the nomination? That is the real question. With 32 million raised in January alone and blasting ads out in 20 of the 22 states, he could do it. Clinton is only airing ads in 12 states. This is so compressed that it could be quite weird hard for Obama to get over the name of Clinton. I think the debate tonight will help to finalize who is the front runner.

McCain has it I think. Romney isn't doing too bad either but I think McCain will draw in more independents which will give him the win.

Dolentrean
01-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Yah, it is going to be hard for Obama to get ahead of Clinton, but with the other canidates droping out right before Super Tuesday it could give obama a bit of a boost.

slade x slayer
01-31-2008, 10:03 PM
McCain and Obama :D

NeoCracker
02-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Obama I hope, and McCain being the best Republican likely to win, (I still think Ronny would be better, but he's got little to no chance right now).

Mind you I don't really like McCain, but he beats the pants of Romney,

Goldenboko
02-01-2008, 12:43 AM
As long as Hilary doesn't win I'm happy.

Tavrobel
02-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Depends on the date. In the remaining primaries on Super Tuesday, I'd say that McCain will take a large portion of states, along with Obama. As for the ticket for the general election who knows what it could be? I can imagine a McCain-Guiliani ticket; they match up quite well.

Please not Huckabee. Please no.

Heath
02-01-2008, 12:49 AM
My money's on Clinton and McCain. The way things seem to be going at the moment though - naturally - we'll have a better idea next week. Don't think I'd terribly mind Clinton against McCain to be honest.

Momiji
02-01-2008, 03:48 AM
Dennis Kucinich anyone?

But of the front-runners, I'd prefer Obama to Clinton, and no Republican. To me, every GOP candidate has some aura of evil about them. Especially Huckabee and Ron Paul. I guess McCain's the least threatening?

Kucinich dropped out.

I think it's going to boil down to Obama and McCain, unless Clinton tries her crybaby tactics again.

At this point, I'm for McCain, even though I don't really like him.

Ouch!
02-01-2008, 05:07 AM
As for the ticket for the general election who knows what it could be? I can imagine a McCain-Guiliani ticket; they match up quite well.

Please not Huckabee. Please no.
While I agree that McCain and Guiliani would match up nicely, I'm doubting it. Guiliani did endorse McCain after dropping out, so there will probably be some position waiting for him, but I see Huckabee as a more likely candidate for the vice-presidency (if he's willing). McCain's a moderate, and Huckabee appeals to the far right. Huckabee will draw the hardcore conservatives and McCain will appeal to the less intense republicans and probably draw a good deal of swing votes.

As far as the democratic candidacy... I'm a little less sure. As ed mentioned, Obama seems to be coming out strong recently. He certainly has a lot more endorsement from notable individuals (support from the Kennedy family is huge) while Clinton is lacking in that department. While I don't think endorsements should influence votes, I recognize that some people probably care a great deal that Oprah is supporting Obama. I think it hurts both Clinton and Obama that Edwards refused to endorse either of them. That leaves a lot of democratic votes that are up for grabs, and without direction (which such an endorsement would usually give) for the voters who wanted to support Edwards, they'll have to decide where to go from here. I think Obama will pull through over Hillary. She may tout Obama's lack of experience, but I don't exactly call five years in the Senate significant experience for an executive position, I refuse to count her years as the first lady as anything but negligible.

Unfortunately, I think the democrats have shot themselves in the foot by using proportional representation in the primaries. It's a distinct possibility that McCain will lock everything up on Super Tuesday, but the democrats may take longer to settle. In the long run, that will definitely hurt the democratic campaign. The race for the candidacy has turned into a huge mudslinging contest, and while Obama and Clinton continue to take the :skull::skull::skull::skull: out on each other, the republican representative will be out there selling his platform and getting votes for the race that really counts.

rubah
02-01-2008, 05:36 AM
ew guiliani >:[

I would be fine with obama or mccain I guess. I forget who said they were scared of the same two families running american politics for twenty five~ years. but it's a valid concern.

XxSephirothxX
02-01-2008, 05:38 AM
McCain is hardly moderate anymore. He's pretty much abandoned all the ideals that he supported eight years ago when he was a legit maverick candidate for the Republican party. Now he's just old, appealing to the conservative base in practically every way, and somehow hanging on.

I think Obama can pull it out on the Democrat front, but it'll certainly be close. I really have no idea for the Republicans. It seems like anybody's game at this point.

Dolentrean
02-01-2008, 05:52 AM
I think it's going to boil down to Obama and McCain, unless Clinton tries her crybaby tactics again.

You just won this thread!

slade x slayer
02-01-2008, 09:46 PM
As long as Hilary doesn't win I'm happy.

Breine
02-01-2008, 09:52 PM
John McCain seems most likely to become president if the republicans win. As for the democrats it's a much closer race.. either one of Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama could win, really.. but if I had to choose I'd say Clinton seems most likely to represent the democrats.