PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII Help

Crouchie_21
01-31-2008, 09:27 AM
If this is in the wrong place let me know, I apologize...

I'm playing FVII on the emulator, everythings going great until I meet this asshole Demon's gate. Now that I read about him he should be easy, however I have no Barrier or Right Arms, and have no way to get them now. My only choice is to hammer him with Behemut (once) and limit breaks the rest of the time, while at the same time drastically trying to heal everyone with Aeris. The best I can do is get him down to about 3000, but usually he just slaughters me quickly with a combination of moves including my favorite, the rock on the head, which nicely seems to cost exactly the HP I have left. I would hope my defense would be better, I hardly ever retreat from battles and I upgrade armor every time I get the chance. Do I have any chance of beating this douche like this, or what? Any hints would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone is up for the challenge and wants to have a go, let me know and ill send the memcard, for some reason I cant attach it here.

Thanks.

XxSephirothxX
01-31-2008, 01:28 PM
You'll probably get more help for this in the FFVII forum, since it's not a technical problem. :)

Aerith's Knight
01-31-2008, 02:08 PM
post your levels.. because i defeated him once with lvl 21 when i had the same problem

but if youre under that.. then i cant help you

Crouchie_21
01-31-2008, 04:21 PM
Cloud: Level 28
Aeris: Level 26
Barret: Level 27

So you think its beatable with this?

cloud21zidane16
01-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah thats probably alright, maybe level up 1 or 2 levels , because you got that guy that can heal and save you, or you could level up your limit breaks, make sure your materias balanced out so one of the party members HP isnt drastically lower than the others;) Demons gate is the hardest boss on disc 1 for most people so you have to be patient and hope for a bit of luck:)

Aerith's Knight
01-31-2008, 08:01 PM

omg thats easy.. how on earth do you lose?

i usually train until 31 now.. but those levels are easy.. one question though.. why barret? not cid or redXIII?

doesnt matter i guess.. allright Aeris on the back row. Begin with bahamut. Equip a ribbon on cloud. Aeris should have her ultimate weapon so equip that on her and lots of materia.. most of it wont have any effect.. so not too much. Cast barrier/all if you have barrier, in the beginning. When Aerith has her limit break.. just heal.. silent evil wont work. Furthermore just pount away with cloud and barret.. dont bother with magic with them.. because hitting the guy will have the same effect.. and wont take as long.. continiu using cure/all on everyone.. use an ether if youre running low on Aerith hp.

do this.. and it should be easy.. phoenix down when needed.. usually after the rock thing..

ow yeah important: when he starts freaking out(waving his arms and such) and the camera changes.. DONT ATTACK!.. this will trigger his strongest attacks.

hope it helps..

AK

Crouchie_21
02-01-2008, 12:05 AM

i usually train until 31 now.. but those levels are easy.. one question though.. why barret? not cid or redXIII?

doesnt matter i guess.. allright Aeris on the back row. Begin with bahamut. Equip a ribbon on cloud. Aeris should have her ultimate weapon so equip that on her and lots of materia.. most of it wont have any effect.. so not too much. Cast barrier/all if you have barrier, in the beginning. When Aerith has her limit break.. just heal.. silent evil wont work. Furthermore just pount away with cloud and barret.. dont bother with magic with them.. because hitting the guy will have the same effect.. and wont take as long.. continiu using cure/all on everyone.. use an ether if youre running low on Aerith hp.

do this.. and it should be easy.. phoenix down when needed.. usually after the rock thing..

ow yeah important: when he starts freaking out(waving his arms and such) and the camera changes.. DONT ATTACK!.. this will trigger his strongest attacks.

hope it helps..

AK

Finally, dealt with him. He decided to take it easy on me and not do the rock dropping attack, just mainly Demon Rush, which only brought my players HP's down to about the 200 level and gave them all limit rushes, which was bad news for the Demon. Thanks for the help man, and I'll take your advice and sideline Barrett in favor of Cid for the time being.

Rostum
02-01-2008, 12:09 AM

At lower levels Barret has extremely good vitality and really good attack stats. It's always great to equip him with cover materia, and if you have it at that stage (I forgot), counter attack.

Anyway, after you get out of there, I suggest leveling up a bit (not only for levels, but for materia growth). Not too much if you want a challenge in the game, but seriously it doesn't take long (I think it only took me around 2 hours to get to level 55 before the end of disc 1, and heaps of mastered materia).

Crouchie_21
02-01-2008, 01:22 AM
Where would you suggest going in order to level up? Also any tips on improving Cloud's limit break, I'm only on the first attack of the 2nd stage of 4.

Thanks

Aerith's Knight
02-01-2008, 01:31 AM
lvling up is the best at the beach near bone city.. you will fight a big bird.. hes the best exp you have now

Woodinator
02-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Where would you suggest going in order to level up? Also any tips on improving Cloud's limit break, I'm only on the first attack of the 2nd stage of 4.

Thanks

to get the 2nd limit break in a set, you use the first one a certain amount of times.

So keep using blade beam and you should get Climhazzard, I think its only like 6 uses or something like that

and then to get the next set you need a bit over 150 kills with him if i remember correctly

Rostum
02-01-2008, 09:34 PM
lvling up is the best at the beach near bone city.. you will fight a big bird.. hes the best exp you have now

There's that, and also on the beach near Mideel. You get around 2,000exp and 200AP (get rune armlets and double growth weapons), and 5,000g each fight (sea worm).

A good place to get all those kills for your limit break is in the mythril mines. You can usually get groups of 4-5 enemies that you can one shot with Matra Magic (enemy skill, if you haven't got it just run around Midgar area to get it).

Raistlin
02-02-2008, 12:48 AM
The forest around Mideel is by far the best place to level up from the time you are first able to get there to near the end of the game.