PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Power Ranger!

Dolentrean
01-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Ok, this thread is about jobs. What did you want to be when you were a little kid? What job do you think would just be awesome in general? What do you do now and what do you wish you were doing? What is the worst job you ever had? Basically any thing about jobs, let ‘er rip.

Quindiana Jones
01-31-2008, 09:39 PM
I've been wanting to be a practising barrister since I was nine.

I can't remember anything before then.

Rye
01-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Are you the teal ranger? :bigsmile:

When I was little I wanted to be a scientist/ice skater/astronaut.

Now, I want to become a music and psychology teacher. I currently work part time at TJ Maxx, because retail is a good job for a 17 year old girl~

Rantz
01-31-2008, 09:46 PM
When I was just a little kid, maybe six or seven years old, and all the other kids wanted to be firemen and rock stars, I took a deep breath and told 'em all. I wanted to be a professor, not the kind of professor that teaches you stuff but the kind of professor who wears glasses and a beard and knows everything.

Dolentrean
01-31-2008, 09:48 PM
Are you the teal ranger? :bigsmile:

No! Its the Green Ranger :mad:

I went through a period where I wanted to be a Profiler, Still wouldn’t mind it. I am currently in school to be a Psychiatrist.

I was thinking the other day that it would be great to have a job hosting a show on the Food Network, one of the shows where you don’t cook anything, but instead just go around and eat great food and say "Wow, this is really good" after you taste anything.

Zeldy
01-31-2008, 09:53 PM
I wanted to be a Vet, a games taster (xD), a roller coaster tester, in the army, and a police officer. They were all the jobs I thought would be 'cool' when I was growing up.

Now, I'm looking more towards Journalism or something English'y, but maybe a social worker aswell.

Jess
01-31-2008, 10:03 PM
I used to want to be a lawyer, or a vet.

I'm now at college studying Health and Social Care. My dream is to be a clinical, or a forensic psychologist. If I don't achieve that then I'd like to go into social work, or be a carer for those with learning disabilities or mental health. :jess:

I currently don't have a job, because I'm a student and I'm struggling to find a part-time job. I'm a fully trained bar maid, but lacking hours. Before I started college I was working as a CSA for O2 Insure -- I miss the monies!

Bahamut2000X
01-31-2008, 10:54 PM
I wanted to be a Ninja Mercenary traveling around doing ninja things and living out of a tent roughing it up.

Today I'm doing Customer Service and Cash Office work. Oh but I am a ninja. :choc2:

o_O
01-31-2008, 11:05 PM
When I was a kid I wanted to be all kinds of nerdy things like an astronomer and an archaeologist.

Then I went to university, and now I'm pretty much doing what I want to do - web development, database admin and UNIX software development. :p

The worst job I had, hands down, was when I worked in tech support for the broadband division of the telecommunications nazis of New Zealand. It was ten times worse that working on the checkouts at a department store. :p

I think being a play tester for a video game company would be rad.

rubah
02-01-2008, 12:15 AM
I used to say I wanted to be a nurse, but that was just mostly something I picked so I had an answer to the question.

BardTard
02-01-2008, 12:19 AM
When I was a kid I wanted to be a rock star or pop star or some kind of music star. Unfortunately I have no musical talent. I just make food now because I like free old food, half off discounts and free soda. Pretty awesome job.

Caraliz
02-01-2008, 12:30 AM
i used to want to be a vet, but then i realized i don't really like dogs or other animals much. just cats. :jess:

then uh i had no idea and right now i'm thinking about just majoring in english and seeing what i can do with that degree.

worst job? when i worked in retail. bad job imho. i sold shoes and worked for commission. best job? probably when i worked in an office for a bit. all i did was answer phones and make coffee. xD

Martyr
02-01-2008, 12:32 AM
I used to want to be a pyramid.
When people got mad, I'd say that I wanted to be a contract killer or a professional thief. Join the CIA and all that. Become Jason Bourne, you know?

When I got older, I decided that I'd like to be a paleontologist.

Then I decided the practical thing to do would be to become a writer (I'm an idiot)

Not I'm a teacher/Writer and I still think it'd be nice to restart school all over again and become a paleontologist/archaeologist anyway. But that just doesn't seem like a wise thing to do.

Aerith's Knight
02-01-2008, 01:29 AM
when i was nine.. i wanted to be 10.. and it just kinda moved up one year from then.. i didnt really have a big life expectancy :)

Captain Maxx Power
02-01-2008, 01:45 AM
When I was a kid I wanted to be a bitter 20-something wasting his time on a forum about a certain franchise of RPG's.

Dolentrean
02-01-2008, 01:51 AM
When I was a kid I wanted to be a bitter 20-something wasting his time on a forum about a certain franchise of RPG's.

Noble aspiration.

Wouldnt it be awesome if everyone was what they wanted to be when they would be little, we would have all sorts of James Bonds fighting ninjas!

Blue Harvest
02-01-2008, 09:35 PM
When I was a kid I wanted to be a doctor because they get to see women without their clothes on :sweatdrop

Fast forward to the present day and I spend my days in the stockroom of my local HMV, pricing stock and mocking the many public punchbags that also work there.

Little Al
02-03-2008, 04:26 AM
When I was a kid I wanted to be a doctor because they get to see women without their clothes on :sweatdrop

Women without clothes on = Less time keeping the mind on the job.
Honestly man! :twak:

I wanted to become a doctor too, because I feel good about helping someone out. (Emotionly as in trying to give some advice. or Physically like cleaning a wound and covering it) But then as the years passed...
I figured if I did, I'd probably have to look at blood. And I hate blood! (I have somewhat no problems with my own or when I see animated blood. But when its someone else's blood in front of me... :sweat:)

Aerith's Knight
02-03-2008, 04:33 AM
actually.. i did want to become a doctor at one point in my life too.. but i had already chosen the advanced physics/math and chemistry course.. so i didnt really have that option.

BardTard
02-03-2008, 05:24 AM
Apparently I wanted to be a doctor too when I was a kid. Like, way back in second grade. I was looking at some art projects I made and I guess I wanted to be a doctor.

Aerith's Knight
02-03-2008, 05:44 AM
i still like to play doctor :)

escobert
02-03-2008, 05:51 AM
Indiana Jones of course!

Breine
02-03-2008, 10:37 AM
As a kid I really wanted to become a vet, teacher or a journalist.

These days not so much. I still adore animals, but to become a vet you have to study things like biology and math, and they're not really my strongest subjects.
Becoming a journalist would still be really cool, but it's just so hard to become one.. :(

smittenkitten
02-03-2008, 10:48 AM
I wanted to be a super Saiyan like Goku. I would be Vegeta's long lost sister and make love to Gohan and have lots of kiddies. ^___^

But if it's serious you want I wanted to work with animals or sing. :)

Roto13
02-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I had two worst jobs ever. Movie Extra (http://roto13.livejournal.com/62533.html) and Xbox CS Agent (http://roto13.livejournal.com/125371.html). After these two jobs, I should never have to work again.

Lynx
02-03-2008, 08:46 PM
well i hate my job now.

when i was just a young buck i wanted to be a lot of things. i wnated to be commedian at first. then when i was 12 i wanted to be the steve irwin (which i still think i would be great at). now im going to go to school next year for graphic design. i think i shoudl either be doing something with cars or animals because i have a knack with both.

scrumpleberry
02-03-2008, 08:49 PM
First thing ever wanted to be was ballerina, then actress, author, adventurer, author, artist, psychologist, artist, banker, psychologist...I'm indecisive.

Actress and artist are my pie in the sky dreams, really.

Edit:

Wouldnt it be awesome if everyone was what they wanted to be when they would be little, we would have all sorts of James Bonds fighting ninjas!

YES. WOULD BE SO FANTASTICAL. That would make me some sort of ballerina banker actress artist author adventurer trained in psychology. XD

Jessweeee♪
02-03-2008, 10:18 PM
I wanted to be a cab driver when I was in preschool xD

Well...not really...I decided that it was normal to wanna be something when I grew up so I picked that :p

Just like one day I decided that I should have a favorite color and did the eeny meeny miney moe thing and got blue.

cloud21zidane16
02-03-2008, 10:21 PM
I wanted to be a footballer, not for the money just because i loved playing football and the thought of scoring a goal infront of thousands to millions of people would be amazing;)

Little Al
02-03-2008, 10:25 PM
I wanted to be a football player, not for the money just because i loved playing football and the thought of scoring a goal infront of thousands to millions of people would be amazing;)
Must feel really good having the crowd cheering you on. Am I right? ;)

Shiny
02-05-2008, 05:07 AM
Screenwriter. I didn't know what it was called when I was younger so I just I said "person who does the stuff for the words".

Faded Tears
02-08-2008, 02:45 AM
I wanted to be a teacher. I still want to sometimes. But now I am all over the place. Like, I am really good with business, marketing and accounting so I am kinda looking into that.

Right now I don't have a job. I am looking. My last job I was a maid...it was awesome. I listened to music all day and didn't have to hear customer's complaints.

Aerith's Knight
02-08-2008, 03:12 AM
i hired a maid once, when i really didnt want to clean after a party..

i think she went home with a trauma, so i paid her extra :p

Faded Tears
02-08-2008, 04:29 AM
lol. Yeah tips were always a plus.
The only thing I hated was bathrooms. But the job was great, wish I was still there.

Aerith's Knight
02-08-2008, 05:00 AM
im having a party saturday.. you can come by and clean if you want :p.. although im not that rich right now, so the tips would be paid in different kind :jokey:

Faded Tears
02-08-2008, 05:05 AM
Oh yeah....I'd clean for you any day ;)
You should also invite me to the party as well :P

Aerith's Knight
02-08-2008, 05:18 AM
lol well.. if you live near albany, NY.. let me know :)

Faded Tears
02-08-2008, 05:30 AM
Awww...I'm in Minnesota. That's like 11 hours away. =(

Aerith's Knight
02-08-2008, 06:17 PM
well.. if you leave now.. youd just make it :)

Faded Tears
02-09-2008, 03:33 AM
I'm poor and I don't have a license =(
I blame Bush.

Aerith's Knight
02-09-2008, 04:07 AM
who doesnt?

Pointless
02-09-2008, 04:22 AM
I wanted to be an archaeologist.

I was also very upset when I was a kid because I wasn't born Chinese and therefore able to be a child acrobat. I know, weird.

~*~Celes~*~
02-09-2008, 09:53 PM
First I wanted to be a teacher. Then, a lawyer. Then, a teacher again. Then, an author. Then, a real estate agent. Now, Interior Designer =]

As for current jobs, I have none =[ I've been applying but NO LOVE ;_;

Aerith's Knight
02-09-2008, 10:08 PM
ill pay ya 50 bucks if you put away the christmas decorations at my place.. im far too lazy to do it :p

~*~Celes~*~
02-09-2008, 10:55 PM
I'd do it =]

Aerith's Knight
02-09-2008, 11:04 PM
youd have to wear a slutty maid outfit though.. its still a student appartment :)

Nifleheim7
02-10-2008, 02:10 AM
What did you want to be when you were a little kid?
As a kid,i never cared about my future job.I was only interested about playing all day.Maybe it sounds hard to believe but it's true.I only started thinking about jobs until i was in highschool...

What job do you think would just be awesome in general?
Something that you love so much that you don't care about the salary.

What do you do now and what do you wish you were doing?
Right now i'm practising to get a better job than the one i currently have,one that i would really love to do for the rest of my life.It's not easy and i made a lot of sacrifices but i have no regrets so far.

What is the worst job you ever had?
I worked as a ticket boy in a Luna Park for one summer.:tongue:

Faded Tears
02-10-2008, 09:42 AM
We didn't have maid outfits. It was more of a get paid under the table type job.
Tank top and jeans work fine though :monster:

Oh but we did have that feather duster thingy.

ReloadPsi
02-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Proofreader, but finding any place to get the right kind of qualifications in the north west of England is even harder than convincing the police in England that they do need to come out.

Film/TV show editor, on the other hand...

Worst job I ever had was when I briefly worked at a pub in Morecambe (Station Promenade; it used to be a train station but was converted into a pub. Oh yeah, visitors for the Wasted 2005 Punk Festival stole the door handle that was on display in a class case. A door handle.). Within ten minutes I remarked that the manager should fire absolutely all of her staff and sure enough, when upper management visited, they said the same smeggin' thing. I was long out of the door by the time this happened though.

Yuffie514
02-12-2008, 04:21 AM
A writer (which is very broad). But now I don't know what I would like to pursue and I don't think it will matter which ever path I choose.

Rianoa
02-12-2008, 07:02 PM
a vet

Ki Ki
02-12-2008, 10:48 PM
When I grow up, I want to be an ant farmer. :chef:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-12-2008, 10:55 PM
I didn't really have one specific job I wanted to do as a child (just typical jobs a kid wants, such as a fireman or astronaut, or some job like that)

But now, I want to major in Japanese.

Strawberry_Mew
02-13-2008, 05:40 AM
When I wuz a kid I wanted to be a Vet lol I love animals XD

Montoya
02-17-2008, 08:29 AM
I wanted to be an astronaut when I was a wee little lad. I'm working at Little Ceasar's, I wish I was in the FBI, the worst job I ever had was at Magoo's Pizza, got into an argument with the manager because he was a dick and kicked out my brother.