PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with <insert annoying item here>

Agrias
02-01-2008, 06:38 AM
So as we all know, Valentines day is coming up, yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah. Well i never liked this particular holiday. Mostly because it always makes me feel like nothing romantic will ever happen to me ever in life because, literally, nothing ever does happen. All i get are cheesy lil cards from a couple girls saying how they hope i have a wonnnnnderful valentines, and that they wish all my love wishes come true, yakkity yak. So i personally have decided that maybe its best to just go into hiding the week of that holiday..Anyone care to join?

Avarice-ness
02-01-2008, 06:46 AM
I never really cared about Valentine's day really. This is actually the first year I'm with someone on V-day and it's still not really that big deal, because neither of us have the means to make the day special. Seeing as we live in the same house and basically don't have the money to go "out of our daily routine" the only thing different is that I'll prolly get a box of candy from my mom.

I've never been ashamed to have no one previously on V-day though, only 'cause it never was that big of a deal for me.

Caraliz
02-01-2008, 07:03 AM
I would give anything to be with the one I love on V-day. :(

Agrias
02-01-2008, 07:15 AM

Wouldnt we all? Unfortunately i found that V-day has the irony to make that the most impossible thing EVER.

rubah
02-01-2008, 07:32 AM
just hold a baccharal.

Dolentrean
02-01-2008, 07:57 AM
This is the second year I have ever been with my girlfriend on V-day. She is my girlfriend and for some reason we both HATE valentines day. So we don’t make a fuss and try to make some other random days romantic.

Lynx
02-01-2008, 08:16 AM
never been with someone on valentines day technically. once i was at this girls house and she broke up with her bf 2 or 3 days later to be with me so i just missed it.

this year ill be alone on valentiens day once again. i dont really care ive gotten use to it so much that everyone whose had interest in me lately ive rejected jsut because i seem to like being alone for some odd reason.

BardTard
02-01-2008, 09:03 AM
I never cared for Valentine's Day. I don't think I've ever even had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day. Or any holiday for that matter. I had a 2 year on-again/off-again online ex boyfriend but we broke up alot, we must not have been together on V-Day. I've never even had a real date either, come to think of it. :(

I wish I could be with James this V-day but sadly we can't be together until the 25th. That is sooooooooo lame. I guess there's always next year.

Misfit
02-01-2008, 09:21 AM
This is the first year I'm actually excited about v-day 'cause I gots the bestest person to spend it with and he has something up his sleeve that he won't tell me. :(

Old Manus
02-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Note that girls are the only people who care about valentines' day.

Galadrius
02-01-2008, 12:25 PM
"You know what really grinds my gears.."

Loony BoB
02-01-2008, 01:09 PM
It's a lovely day as far as I'm concerned. It's not a lovely day because the rest of the days aren't, but it is a lovely day in that it's a reminder to all the bums out there that don't to anything for their girl to actually get up off their arses and make her feel special. There's nothing wrong with that.

I don't know if we'll be doing anything this Valentine's Day, personally - I'm personally lacking funds and ideas. I'm more of a birthday/anniversary guy myself - I don't like the idea of going out on a night that everyone else is going out on, nor buying flowers at the most expensive time of year, etc.

~*~Celes~*~
02-01-2008, 02:14 PM
I love Valentine's Day =] though I've only had a boyfriend for 3 V-tine's days, I still love to watch couples do sweet things for one another =]

Personally, I don't think it should just be for Valentine's Day though.. You should always show your significant other how much you love them.

Chemical
02-01-2008, 02:36 PM
I know Jame's doesn't give two pardon my frenches about it.
I'm really impartial - I just like any day that's an excuse to get more attention ;d

But maybe this year we won't celebrate V-Day, we'll celebrate our favourite candy day.

Jess
02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
2007 is the only year so far that I've done anything on Valentines day.

Personally, I don't care for it. Don't need a special day in the year to show/tell somebody how much you care for them.

mooglebunni608
02-01-2008, 06:28 PM
I liek the day AFTER valentines day, because all the nice candy goes on sale and I can stock up.

Also, this year, I'm seeing MY valentine on the 15th, so I like it a bit more <3

LanceOfTime
02-01-2008, 06:40 PM
bah, sure...my gf lives 2000 miles away..ill join you

rubah
02-01-2008, 06:51 PM
I liek the day AFTER valentines day, because all the nice candy goes on sale and I can stock up.
an eternal birthday present for my dad to be sure.

escobert
02-01-2008, 06:55 PM

I hate my boss :(

Blue Harvest
02-01-2008, 08:25 PM
I'll be alone on v.day again this year. Not that I really care. If you love someone you don't need a special day to show them. You should be making them feel special every day.

The Unknown Guru
02-01-2008, 11:20 PM
So as we all know, Valentines day is coming up, yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah. Well i never liked this particular holiday. Mostly because it always makes me feel like nothing romantic will ever happen to me ever in life because, literally, nothing ever does happen. All i get are <s>cheesy lil cards from a couple girls saying how they hope i have a wonnnnnderful valentines, and that they wish all my love wishes come true, yakkity yak</s> nothing. So i personally have decided that maybe its best to just go into hiding the week of that holiday..Anyone care to join?

I'm with you.

Xander
02-02-2008, 12:31 AM
I wont see my boy on vday (but soon before actually), but I'm sorta hoping for some chocolates or a little surprise through the post ;) we get each other stuff all year round so its no big deal but any excuse for me to send him something then I probably will.

Agrias
02-02-2008, 04:34 AM
Misfit!! THATS SO CUTE!!! At least your man is romantic and is planning something special!

The Unknown Guru, lets hi five someday, LOL.

Also, to note, girls dont only think about v-day. Alot of guys make a big deal of it too. At least the ones i know, hhahaha. I've always been single or broken up on v-day. I mean i'm sure its cool and all when you actually HAVE someone, but for us single blokes, it just reminds us how alone we are :S

Psychotic
02-02-2008, 04:37 AM
It's an excuse to make people ask you what the deal is with your signature. ...although I don't think you need one of those, Alice!

Madame Adequate
02-02-2008, 04:43 AM
2007 is the only year so far that I've done anything on Valentines day.

Personally, I don't care for it. Don't need a special day in the year to show/tell somebody how much you care for them.

Doesn't preclude doing it on V-Day, though.

Agrias
02-02-2008, 04:52 AM
It's an excuse to make people ask you what the deal is with your signature. ...although I don't think you need one of those, Alice!

LMAO! My sig is just pure hilarity, and while i may not pee and poo stuffies, i DO need love! ;___;

Fuzakeru
02-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I love Valentine's Day myself. Long story short - I was dating a newb online and flew up to meet him for the first time on Feb. 14th, 2004. That day I had a lot of my 'firsts' with him. That night he took me out to this cute restraunt called Lion's Den and we've folllowed that tradition every year now.

tl;dr - My anniversary with my fiance in on Valentine's Day. :love:

NeoCracker
02-02-2008, 11:17 PM
I'll join you Agrias.

OF course, I go into hiding every day.

Agrias
02-03-2008, 03:37 AM
I'll join you Agrias.

OF course, I go into hiding every day.

FUZAKERU~ Where are you located? I know of this restaurant you speak of.

I'm glad i have one co hort, lol.

Yamaneko
02-03-2008, 04:27 AM
Whatever can get a bunch of sheep to stimulate the economy is fine by me.

Fuzakeru
02-03-2008, 05:42 AM
I live iiiiin Michigan. n_n Lion's Den is uhm... a cute sport eating place. Its so cozy and fun and there's even a bar.

Tallulah
02-03-2008, 12:29 PM
If you love someone you don't need a special day to show them. You should be making them feel special every day.

QFT. :D

Agrias
02-03-2008, 12:48 PM
I live iiiiin Michigan. n_n Lion's Den is uhm... a cute sport eating place. Its so cozy and fun and there's even a bar.

Getting drunk on V-day is fun. It helps you stew in your regurgitated love a bit more :D

scrumpleberry
02-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm not hugely fussed about it, because I'm not hugely fussed about romance. Most of my friends are all like "YAY SCHTUFF YAY!" rather than wittering about their boyfriends.

snacks
02-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Ew alice, talking about regurgitated + your sig ;_;

Sakura
02-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Ha ha totally ;x
imsuchaloser ;_;

Agrias
02-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Ew alice, talking about regurgitated + your sig ;_;

LOL THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH IT! GOOGLE IT!! also, vday=kill a kitten day

Caraliz
02-03-2008, 05:57 PM
nnoooo. no killing kittens. ;_;

Mirage
02-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Celebrating Valentine's day has never been a strong tradition here in Norway. Sometimes you'll get a teacher or two at schools who want to try to force it on their pupils, but it rarely sticks.

cloud21zidane16
02-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Valentines is okay, but you should buy things and show love to your girl/boyfriend when you want to not when the stores tell you:)

Agrias
02-03-2008, 11:21 PM
stores on vday rake in SO much money! D:

Caraliz
02-03-2008, 11:26 PM
alice where are my chocolates??? >:C

Galadrius
02-03-2008, 11:39 PM
bah, sure...my gf lives 2000 miles away..ill join you

Talk about a long distance relationship.

Agrias
02-03-2008, 11:44 PM
alice where are my chocolates??? >:C

i have no idea....i think i ate them D:

Jessweeee♪
02-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Usually Valentine's Day is just another day for me :p

I didn't really get too down about it, but then again maybe that's because I'm young :p