PDA

View Full Version : Fake Love

LanceOfTime
02-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Well, I've noticed, in my years of high school, that people keep saying they are in love, but they just end up saying they are "in love" with someone else 2 weeks later......does it piss anyone else off that people do that? Love is a way different thing than some petty relationship....opinions....does it annoy you? piss you off? do you not care? are you a supporter of saying you're in love after a week of dating? valentines is coming up....just thought id share one of my worst pet peeves and get opinions

ljkkjlcm9
02-01-2008, 06:48 PM
that's cause typically high school kids don't know what real love is.

THE JACKEL

mooglebunni608
02-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I always avoid the L-word until I'm positive I'm in love.
Unless it's a family member/close friend, because that's a different type of love.

rubah
02-01-2008, 06:50 PM
It did kinda bother me at the time, but I guess it's better to get that stuff over with when you're young than when you're older.

Bahamut2000X
02-01-2008, 06:56 PM
It always gave me a good laugh.

Blue Harvest
02-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Let the kids have their fake love I say. They'll learn what real love is eventually.

I Am Stoner
02-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Well, I've noticed, in my years of high school, that people keep saying they are in love, but they just end up saying they are "in love" with someone else 2 weeks later......does it piss anyone else off that people do that? Love is a way different thing than some petty relationship....opinions....does it annoy you? piss you off? do you not care? are you a supporter of saying you're in love after a week of dating? valentines is coming up....just thought id share one of my worst pet peeves and get opinions

How could you possibly know that? Did you create the concept of love? Did you write it down? Did you help form the ethics of it? No. So how is it possible you can say what love is and what love isnt?

But then again, I believe love is what you want it to be, like most thinkgs in life.

I guess everyone has the right to thier own opinion.

Trumpet Thief
02-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Haha, no that doesn't actually piss me off 'cause I can recall twenty times when I have done that. :love:

LanceOfTime
02-01-2008, 07:14 PM

How could you possibly know that? Did you create the concept of love? Did you write it down? Did you help form the ethics of it? No. So how is it possible you can say what love is and what love isnt?

But then again, I believe love is what you want it to be, like most thinkgs in life.

I guess everyone has the right to thier own opinion.

because....as a kid you can feel that petty love..i did...but i never said "I love you" .....cuz i knew that couldnt be all there is to it, it wasnt a strong enough feeling....and 3 years ago i met the Love of my life....so i can tell the difference...and anyone thats been in love just KNOWS...you just know :D

I Am Stoner
02-01-2008, 07:18 PM
because....as a kid you can feel that petty love..i did...but i never said "I love you" .....cuz i knew that couldnt be all there is to it, it wasnt a strong enough feeling....and 3 years ago i met the Love of my life....so i can tell the difference...and anyone thats been in love just KNOWS...you just know :D

Yes, you may tell the difference, but just because you feel something a cirtain way doesnt mean others feel it the same way. We are all different, we were born different and feel things in different ways. Thats what I believe anyway.

LanceOfTime
02-01-2008, 07:22 PM

Yes, you may tell the difference, but just because you feel something a cirtain way doesnt mean others feel it the same way. We are all different, we were born different and feel things in different ways. Thats what I believe anyway.

this is my last post to this thread, but, you just assume that when 2 people start dating at the age of 15, say they are in love a week later, and have sex...that they arent really in love, and usually you're only wrong 1/1,000,000,000 times........Love is serious.....its not like....OH YOU'RE SO CUTE AND YOU'RE FAVORITE COLOR IS BLUE, i love you :D.....or maybe im just a judgemental bastard -.0

I Am Stoner
02-01-2008, 07:28 PM
this is my last post to this thread, but, you just assume that when 2 people start dating at the age of 15, say they are in love a week later, and have sex...that they arent really in love, and usually you're only wrong 1/1,000,000,000 times........Love is serious.....its not like....OH YOU'RE SO CUTE AND YOU'RE FAVORITE COLOR IS BLUE, i love you :D.....or maybe im just a judgemental bastard -.0

Thats fair enough, but that may actually be a definition of love to someone. All i'm saying is maybe you shouldnt force your view on love on other people, it may offend them and its not nice to be told how to feel things and what to feel. I believe love is what you feel naturally for someone you love, and if it comes naturally then I believe it is love, no matter the curcumstances.

Quindiana Jones
02-01-2008, 07:33 PM
It's creepy how I was thinking of making a post very much like this earlier today.

I hate how over-used "love" is. Gives me a sore throat.

Blue Harvest
02-01-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm one of those people who says it when only slight feelings actually exist. Going by my own definition of love, I've only actually been in love once, and I completely screwed that up before we even made the leap to couple status.

Dolentrean
02-01-2008, 08:01 PM
I have never said I am in love. And I think highschool kids dont know what love is, I used to try to tell this to my sudo-friends back in highschool all the time.

escobert
02-01-2008, 08:07 PM
I don't say it unless I mean it. I love liz and so I'm not afraid to say it. For most of my life marijuana has been my love but that has all changed.

Cookie
02-01-2008, 08:26 PM

I don't see how something that two other people do should affect you at all. Unless somebody said they love you and then said they love someone else two weeks later and you feel hard done by or something. I don't care if other people want to tell their boyfriends/girlfriends/whatever that they love each other as a sign of affection or for whatever reason they do it. It's not really any of my business.

Polaris
02-01-2008, 08:27 PM
lol welcome to the World of new teenagers lanceoftime! It's normal don't worry! They just say they're in love coz no one invented another word yet <_< Once they are 20 they'll be more mature! ;)

Bahamut2000X
02-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Once they are <s>20</s> dead they'll be more mature! ;)

Fixed.

All the people I knew from High School are 20+ now and they haven't matured in the slightest.

Polaris
02-01-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm 19 and I'm almost graduating in university <_< if they're 20 and in high school... that's bad! ^_^

KoShiatar
02-01-2008, 09:06 PM
At that age you think you are in love, and probably you really are for all you know; it's just that when you're young feelings come and go more quickly, they're like straw fires, we say in Italy. You often get a crush for someone else on the basis of very superficial elements, like physical beauty, then they open their mouths to speak and you no longer like them. XD

When you mature you start looking for deeper qualities in your partner, more stabile relationships, common values and all that stuff. Despite that, love is a very strange and unpredictable thing, even for adults. Nonetheless, I would consider childish an adult who "falls in love" every two weeks or so.

Blue Harvest
02-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I would consider childish an adult who "falls in love" every two weeks or so.

Sounds like my ex :rolleyes2

Breine
02-01-2008, 09:27 PM
As I see it people tend to mix up being in love and having a crush/being attracted to someone. There's a huuuge difference between those two.

LanceOfTime
02-02-2008, 03:39 AM

I don't see how something that two other people do should affect you at all. Unless somebody said they love you and then said they love someone else two weeks later and you feel hard done by or something. I don't care if other people want to tell their boyfriends/girlfriends/whatever that they love each other as a sign of affection or for whatever reason they do it. It's not really any of my business.

i have anger problems....and i just wish that people my age- werent complete idiots and fucking whores..they can die....sometimes i think i need a psycologist -.-

KH-Cloudy
02-02-2008, 03:42 AM
Haha, it's funny how they say "I love (insert random hot student here)"
And don't really know the person's personality.
Real love is actually quite DIFFERENT from fake.
So many things to having it come to reality :D

Aerith's Knight
02-02-2008, 03:44 AM
most people dont know what true love is.. i try never to say it until i mean it.. and that means when im proposing.. or mean to in a while.

Caraliz
02-02-2008, 06:55 AM
I don't say it unless I mean it. I love liz and so I'm not afraid to say it. For most of my life marijuana has been my love but that has all changed.
I love you so much. :jess:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-02-2008, 07:02 AM
I'm really just annoyed by anyone who talks about love as if it's some magical force beyond normal human comprehension.

Zeldy
02-02-2008, 11:21 AM
I know they say you shouldn't put an age on love, but I sorta do. I just find it hard believing young people my age when they claim they're in love. I hear it all the time "OH I LOVE HIM" and then the week later it's like "Oh yeah, it wasn't working out, I love __ now" and I'm just like asjsd stfu. So yeah, it gets on my nerves too xD

Captain Maxx Power
02-02-2008, 11:47 AM
It's all just a temporary release of various chemicals. I find a damn good work out and plenty of sugar-based food gets rid of it quite nicely.

Comet
02-02-2008, 12:28 PM
I hate it when people my age put on their MSN screen names:

'I love <insert name here> 4lyf!'

REALLY ANNOYING

Mr Cactuar
02-02-2008, 12:33 PM
People at my school say it all the time too. You just have to remember that most teenagers are a bunch of twits.

Madame Adequate
02-02-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm annoyed by jaded people who talk about love like it's no big deal and doesn't matter to them.

But the teenagers? Nah, let them have their love. Either they do it then and don't apply the word properly because they're in their first relationships, or they do it a decade later and don't use the world properly because they're in their first relationships.

Besides which, the whole world is set up to tell people that you should love your partner. How else is someone gonna think things should be at that age?

Garnie
02-02-2008, 01:58 PM
lol i hate the whole..
"my mate fancies you!" or "will you get off with my mate??"
gah!!!!

Luara
02-02-2008, 02:32 PM

I hate when couples are always saying "I love u I love u I love u soooooooo much" and the next day, they broke up. :mad:

Roto13
02-02-2008, 02:54 PM
I once knew a 55-year-old who was like that. "OMG I LUV HIM AND WE'RE MOVING IN TOGETHER AND BLAH" every week.

Yeah. There's something very wrong there.

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 03:51 PM
I once knew a 55-year-old who was like that. "OMG I LUV HIM AND WE'RE MOVING IN TOGETHER AND BLAH" every week.

It may be that to you, but to someone else that could be very right. It all comes down to point of view. I believe no point of view is right, but respect for each others views is very important.

Lynx
02-02-2008, 04:02 PM
it annoys me i have a friend with every girl he shows interest in he "loves". i use to argue with him and basically prove that he wasnt but now i just dont care to anymore i know im satisfied with that. im not like that at all thankfully.

Roto13
02-02-2008, 05:31 PM

It may be that to you, but to someone else that could be very right. It all comes down to point of view. I believe no point of view is right, but respect for each others views is very important.

No. Anyone who goes through life falling madly in "love" with a different person every few days and honestly believes, every single time, that they're going to be together forever needs to have some sense slapped into them. I can't respect any "point of view" that's so completely immature. This is the kind of thing he should have grown out of 40 years ago.

There's a reason people eventually stop acting like that. This kind of behaviour rarely continues past adolescence, and it never starts occurring in adults unless they're on the verge of some kind of massive breakdown.

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 05:39 PM
No. Anyone who goes through life falling madly in "love" with a different person every few days and honestly believes, every single time, that they're going to be together forever needs to have some sense slapped into them. I can't respect any "point of view" that's so completely immature. This is the kind of thing he should have grown out of 40 years ago.

There's a reason people eventually stop acting like that. This kind of behaviour rarely continues past adolescence, and it never starts occurring in adults unless they're on the verge of some kind of massive breakdown.

yes, because you didnt design love, or the consept of it, so therefore ur ideal may be your thoughts but not others. I believe other people deserve thier own views. So its fair enough if u think of love in your own way. Its not fair if you try to tell them what is love and what is not.

Roto13
02-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Why? Love isn't magic. Love is a feeling. Like anger. I know what anger is. It's not something that's really up for debate.

Captain Maxx Power
02-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Why? Love isn't magic. Love is a feeling. Like anger. I know what anger is. It's not something that's really up for debate.

Actually I think you'll find it is.

LanceOfTime
02-02-2008, 06:09 PM
yeah..i think love is pretty magical

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 06:12 PM
[COLOR=silver]Why? Love isn't magic. Love is a feeling.

no offence, but u think u can speak for the masses? They have different views on religion, why cant they have different views on love??? Maybe i pissed off people with my posts. Im sorry that wasnt my intent.

Roto13
02-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Yes, I can speak for the "nasses" in this case. It's an emotion. We're not all a bunch of fucking care bears.

Captain Maxx Power
02-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Yes, I can speak for the "nasses" in this case. It's an emotion. We're not all a bunch of smurfing care bears.

Do me a favour; go look your husband in the eye and tell him that your feelings for him are irrelevant to you. After all they're just an "emotion".

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Yes, I can speak for the in this case. It's an emotion. We're not all a bunch of smurfing care bears.

"nasses" oh thats rich, you trying to take the piss out of a dyslexic and dyspraxic person now are ya?

A person has the right to see emotions through thier own eyes. I mean, some people see anger at jokes softly taking the piss out of people, just because you feel it dont make it right, unless you are that sure that your views are the views of the masses.

Roto13
02-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Yes, I can speak for the "nasses" in this case. It's an emotion. We're not all a bunch of smurfing care bears.

Do me a favour; go look your husband in the eye and tell him that your feelings for him are irrelevant to you. After all they're just an "emotion".
He's been reading over my shoulder for a while now, actually. He knows the difference between emotions and magic, and he knows that love is important, even though it's just an emotion. He's practical like that.

A person has the right to see emotions through thier own eyes. I mean, some people see anger at jokes softly taking the piss out of people, just because you feel it dont make it right, unless you are that sure that your views are the views of the masses.
Love is electrical impulses in the brain. Anyone who says otherwise has already been proved wrong by science. My views might not be the same views as people who live in fairy tales, but I have a lot more to back up mine than "love feels like a wam hug <3"

~*~Celes~*~
02-02-2008, 06:28 PM
I hate how over-used "love" is. Gives me a sore throat.

Also, when people that young say they're "in love," it's more of an account of...infatuation, going by how I was at that age. Slander me all you want for saying so, but it's my opinion and I stand by it.

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Yet science cannot explain the karma or the understanding of a religion. So who is to say it can explain love? No one.

Quindiana Jones
02-02-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't think you can compare love and religion. I'm not taking sides, or anything, I just think that love and faith are very different things.

Yamaneko
02-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Love is an interpretation of protein secretions in our brain. This is true and indisputable. In that sense there's nothing magical about what we call "love". We tend to mystify that interpretation because like other extreme emotions - hate and sorrow - love (or that protein secretion) has allowed people to lift heavy objects or run into burning buildings despite what our evolutionary imperative might tell us. It's a great feeling, probably better than all the narcotics in the world if you have the proper stimuli in your environment - a hot chick/dude with which you can connect on an intellectual level, for example - but to attribute peoples' actions based on that feeling as "magical" is absurd.

It's similar with faith and religion. You can believe the earth was created in six days and that God created man from dust, but you'd be wrong according to the evidence. The religious folks will say you're missing the beauty of creation and that science offers a cold reality, but I'd argue the opposite; simple explanations such as, "God did it" or "love conquers all", strip away any of the beauty we as humans can extract from our world. It's confining in its outlook. Love is a protein interpretation for this and this reason (I won't get into the reasons here), doesn't detract one bit from the beauty and really just serves to enhance it because in the minutia of the explanation lies the reason why it makes sense. With the other explanation it would be easy for someone to come along and refute "love" on the grounds that it baseless and something humans made up. The evidence perpetuates the legitimacy.

Love is not special. You're not special. Your significant other is not special. There is nothing mysterious about love and the underdeveloped teenage brain is obviously going to have a different interpretation of that protein secretion than a fully developed adult (usually starting in their mid-twenties with males and a little bit earlier with females), but that doesn't mean we can't find beauty in our relationships with people; it just means there's a reason for those relationships and why we do the things we do for the people in our lives.

Nothing magical about it, dudes.

Captain Maxx Power
02-02-2008, 06:52 PM
He's been reading over my shoulder for a while now, actually. He knows the difference between emotions and magic, and he knows that love is important, even though it's just an emotion. He's practical like that.

Good for him. But the way you were talking was as if the whole idea of love was completely inconsequential to you and just happened to be a by-product of your gosh-darn brain.

Love is not special. You're not special. Your significant other is not special.

Yam's personality summed up in three sentences.

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Yet again, that is your view. To think other people will believe your views or understand your views is quite, how can i say, nieve.

Yamaneko
02-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Read the rest of my post. You might be surprised.

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 07:02 PM

I did read your post.

I dont believe anything is set. If you wanna believe what u think is love then go for it. Is it not true if u think about something enough and force yourself to think that way it becomes psycosomatic? So therefore maybe I have become that, all I know is what i feel and im sorry if i made anyone feel offence to my views.

Its just science cant explain religion or anything like that. And science is descovered by humans, humans are not perfect, nor did the create life or emotions, so therefore what sciene does or does not descover could be right, or it could be completely wrong.

Captain Maxx Power
02-02-2008, 07:07 PM

I was primarily being sarcastic, but I'll make a point here; you're kind of contradicting yourself when you say that we can still find beauty in things even if love is just a seemingly insignificant secretion of proteins. Yet finding beauty in things, the feelings of reverence, are very much in the same league as the emotions surrounding love. If you bundle everything we feel down to it's base components, it's nothing but proteins getting squirted about the place. But the product of that becomes greater than the sum of it's parts.

When people say things about love being "magical" and all the rest of it, is that not on the same level as you finding the significance in a well-written song or striking landscape? I'm an Atheist myself, and I'm not one to start attributing anything we see in the world to mystical forces. But at the same time I don't think you can disregard all romantic (if you'll pardon the ironic term) interpretations of the physical world we see. The fact that we don't just observe everything around us completely impassively and without feeling is a good thing. Yes it can get a bit out of hand with some people, but there's a marked difference between say believing that your girlfriend is the only one for you and that Jesus is going to fly out of the clouds and slice up the heathens. I don't think you can justify directly comparing the two beyond they both happen to be expressions of the human brain's cerebral cortex.

What I guess I'm trying to say is that you can't have it both ways; you can't say that what we feel is nothing but physical chemical processes and then start using terms such as beauty. It seems that you're picking out a certain type of love that you are against while at the same time maintaining significance to other emotions you feel are more "suitable" to have. I'm not saying you have to believe love is some mystical force, but devaluing it for the reasons you're stating doesn't fit in with your other views regarding relationships and emotions.

Quindiana Jones
02-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Its just science cant explain religion or anything like that. And science is descovered by humans, humans are not perfect, nor did the create life or emotions, so therefore what siecne does or does not descover could be right, or it could be completely wrong.

Once again: not taking sides. But, what religion does or does not explain can also be true or false.

I'll take sides now, because this looks like fun.

I'm with Roto and (:barf:) Yams on this one. Basically for the same reasons they've already put, but I'd've said it in a less intelligent and easy-to-understand way. I think love is special though, and Yams contradicted himself by saying it's not after having said it enables normal, rational people to run into a flaming building. If someone I hated was in a burning building, I sure as well wouldn't go in there to give him a good kicking before he died. If someone I like was in a burning building, I'd be :skull::skull::skull::skull:ting kittens but I wouldn't run in there to save them. I'd only do that for the people I love.

Love, in my opinion, is an emotion. And, as has been said, emotions are just brain dooberies. But it's a totally kicking emotion, and trumps the other ones for potency, if you get what I mean by that. However, I don't think love is a magical, God-given gift.

EDIT: After reading TK's post above, I can see the problems he's having with Yams definition. So I'm kinda in the middle of the two. I reckon they are just brain dooberies, but so is sight, hearing, taste etc., and that just because they're all brain dooberies doesn't mean that we can't find beauty in things. Especially when you consider that beauty is different to everyone, so is therefore a feeling or opinion, which is a brain doobery. So, it all ends up in your head anyway.

Yamaneko
02-02-2008, 07:17 PM
My point was you <i>can</i> find beauty in that explanation just like I can find beauty in the syncopated rhythms of a King Crimson piece, but at the fundamental level there is nothing mysterious about it despite what all the touchy-feely people say.

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Its just science cant explain religion or anything like that. And science is descovered by humans, humans are not perfect, nor did the create life or emotions, so therefore what siecne does or does not descover could be right, or it could be completely wrong.

Once again: not taking sides. But, what religion does or does not explain can also be true or false.

I'll take sides now, because this looks like fun.

I'm with Roto and (:barf:) Yams on this one. Basically for the same reasons they've already put, but I'd've said it in a less intelligent and easy-to-understand way. I think love is special though, and Yams contradicted himself by saying it's not after having said it enables normal, rational people to run into a flaming building.

Yet what gives you or others the authority to tell them what is right or wrong? And religion is exactly like it. Religion is a blelief. If people didnt believe ideas then where would religion be? I mean people have dysplayed sientific reasons why christiality is wrong yet christians still think christiality its right, its exactly the same with emotions or opinions. No ones opinions are right or wrong, but i believe no matter what they are all equal.

Yamaneko
02-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Some opinions are more correct than others. Not everything is relative.

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Some opinions are more correct than others.

yet again that is your own opinion. Some others may agree. I dont.

Polaris
Please let's leave religion aside! The topic is about how youngs face love nowadays << Some say they "love" a person for two weeks! I think that's wrong, but oh well teenagers! Each person have their opinions ^^

Rantz
I'm really just annoyed by anyone who talks about love as if it's some magical force beyond normal human comprehension.
I agree; The definition of the word love is basically "deep affection" at most places you look, it doesn't have to be any kind of magical state of mind.

I do find it pretty weird, however, when people change boy-/girlfriends a lot, and keep insisting it's "forever". But I'm not annoyed by it, it just seems weird.

Quindiana Jones
Hang on. I'm confused. What are we debating now?

Whatever it is, I can say exactly the same as what you (I Am Stoner) just said as way of counter-argument. If people didn't believe ideas then where would science be? Many people agree with science even though a lot of religious people have stated it as wrong.

And you're lying when you say you believe everyone's opinions are equal. I doubt you're doing it intentionally, because it's a really common thing to say. But you do not think every opinion and belief is equal.

Yamaneko
02-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Some opinions are more correct than others.

yet again that is your own opinion. Some others may agree. I dont.
In your world nothing is true and nothing is false. Go step out into oncoming traffic and get back to me.

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Hang on. I'm confused. What are we debating now?

Whatever it is, I can say exactly the same as what you (I Am Stoner) just said as way of counter-argument. If people didn't believe ideas then where would science be? Many people agree with science even though a lot of religious people have stated it as wrong.

And you're lying when you say you believe everyone's opinions are equal. I doubt you're doing it intentionally, because it's a really common thing to say. But you do not think every opinion and belief is equal.

I aint lying. Because if i believed peoples opinions arnt equal then i would enforce my belifes. I am justifuying them, not enforcing them. You believe what you want, i'll believe what i want.

Yamaneko: I believe there is alot of difference between physical and mental. Love and emotions are in the brain, cars are on the street. Work it out.

Moon Rabbits
02-02-2008, 07:43 PM
I really hate it when one person (that isn't me) tells someone else (that isn't me) they love one another because I have so much more insight into their relationship than they themselves do that I can tell just by looking at them that they do not mean what they are saying and it really burns my potatoes.

That's right, I'm a "feelings psychic."

Quindiana Jones
02-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I aint lying. Because if i believed peoples opinions arnt equal then i would enforce my belifes. I am justifuying them, not enforcing them. You believe what you want, i'll believe what i want.

Not-enforcing your beliefs does not mean that you think all beliefs are equal. The fact that you don't agree with everything I'm saying means that you think your beliefs are better than my beliefs on the subject of beliefs. It's not a bad thing, it just is.

Yamaneko
02-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Yamaneko: I believe there is alot of difference between physical and mental. Love and emotions are in the brain, cars are on the street. Work it out.
Traffic, and why if we were to step out into it would be bad is also in our brain. Just because you don't want to hear an explanation for human emotions doesn't mean it's mutually exclusive from every other action we make based on observation and evidence.

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Not-enforcing your beliefs does not mean that you think all beliefs are equal. The fact that you don't agree with everything I'm saying means that you think your beliefs are better than my beliefs on the subject of beliefs. It's not a bad thing, it just is.

not really. Or i would say 'This is how you should believe, not this'. My views are my views, your views are your views, everyone has an equal right to express them and everyone has an equal right to defend them.

Roto13
02-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Yet science cannot explain the karma or the understanding of a religion. So who is to say it can explain love? No one.

Religion and karma aren't things. They're ideas. A feeling is a thing, or, more specifically, an occurrence. You can't compare them at all.

Good for him. But the way you were talking was as if the whole idea of love was completely inconsequential to you and just happened to be a by-product of your gosh-darn brain.

No no no. It's not inconsequential to me at all. I think it's a fantastic thing and I can't imagine my life without it. My love for my husband and my husband's love for me are incredibly important to me, even though they're basically just feelings when you get right down to it.

LunarWeaver
02-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Hiding behind "opinion" isn't that effective a lot of the time. I could tell you "The sky is pink, gravity doesn't exist, and all memories are created by an evil witch known as Mad Madam Mim in my opinion", but that doesn't give it any validity at all. I'm not saying love isn't real, but the source of the feeling lies in chemicals etc. for all of us and is not something unique. But just because it's not unique doesn't mean it can't feel special.

Anyway, love is okay I guess. I never dealt with it when I was young, though I do remember friends saying they were in love constantly and I just ignored it because I was a bitter teenager full of hatred. Recently I've discovered it's not too shabby.

Yamaneko
02-02-2008, 08:11 PM
but the source of the feeling lies in chemicals etc. for all of us and is not something unique. But just because it's not unique doesn't mean it can't feel special.
I love you.

And yes on the opinions thing. Get that hippie crap out of here.

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 08:12 PM

Religion and karma aren't things. They're ideas. A feeling is a thing, or, more specifically, an occurrence. You can't compare them at all.

Yet a religion is a feeling of belonging and understanding of why we are on this planet. And love, free will and determinisum could be a result of one of those things. Religion could be real or it couldn't. No one has the knowladge to determine between the two, so keeping an open mind is important aswell as arguing what i think is right.

Yamaneko: Yet you could argue: you could step out into the road of knowladge in your mind and find an explaination of it. If you step out into the physical road you could turn out in the hospital. theres a difference.

Roto13
02-02-2008, 08:20 PM

Yet a religion is a feeling of belonging and understanding of why we are on this planet.
No. Religion is a system of rules and ethical beliefs.

And love, free will and determinisum could be a result of one of those things.
What are you even talking about?

Religion could be real or it couldn't.
No, religion is real because it's a system of beliefs (or, rather, many different systems of beliefs) that people really have.

Yamaneko
02-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Religion could be real or it couldn't.
What?

Yamaneko: Yet you could argue you could step out into the road of knowladge in your mind and find an explainasion of it. If you step out into the road you could turn out in the hospital. theres a difference.
You can find countless studies on human emotions based on observable evidence and experimentation. You're saying, "believe me just for the hell of it!". I'm saying, "believe in a process by which we have come to understand our world more completely in the last four hundred years than in all previous times before put together". The evidence is there. If you want to continue living in your world of magic and pixie dust, I really don't want to waste my time. If, however, you want to bring some solid reasoning to the table, I'll be more than willing to sit down and discuss.

Quindiana Jones
02-02-2008, 08:23 PM

not really. Or i would say 'This is how you should believe, not this'. My views are my views, your views are your views, everyone has an equal right to express them and everyone has an equal right to defend them.

Thinking people have equal right to their different beliefs and thinking that all beliefs are equal are two completely different things. Perhaps I misunderstood you in the first place.

Yamaneko
02-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Not that it belongs in this discussion, but equality does not exist and we should not delude ourselves into thinking it does. We preach equality and fairness in our society for pragmatic reasons. Some equality is more warranted than other types, but believing everyone is on equal ground as a basis of argumentation can be dangerous.

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 08:31 PM
No. Religion is a system of rules and ethical beliefs.

You kinda just confermed what i was saying.

What are you even talking about?

I am on about a belief system. That may or may not justify human endevor on this earth. Christians believe that god created love, right? So therefore if you can provide apsolute evidance that all humans on the world can agree with i'll shut my mouth.

No, religion is real because it's a system of beliefs (or, rather, many different systems of beliefs) that people really have.

Fair enough dude, you got me there. Yet i just dont understand how you can dictate to others that your views are right and not thiers, thats all.

Avarice-ness
02-02-2008, 08:32 PM
There's a difference between love and lust.

Some people distinguish the lust as a form of love or there are people who literally fall in love too fast.

I believe the ability to recognize true love comes with maturity or even just age of a person. I mean there are still 35 year old men and women who will fall in love to fast.

I don't believe it's fake though, because they feel that it is real, so regardless of your take on it, it's still real love to them, even if it comes faster or slower than others.

No one person loves the same way another person loves.

Madame Adequate
02-02-2008, 08:35 PM
The problem I have is when love is relegated to being 'just' an emotion. It's not that I disagree - I don't think anything mystical or inexplicable is going on. Rather, it's the 'just'. Even if not explicitly stated, the attitude of people like Roto and Yams comes across to be a deliberate attempt to denigrate love. That will seem inevitable in the eyes of those who think it is magical or mystical, because explaining it is reducing it. But it also looks like it to me, the best example being,

Love is not special. You're not special. Your significant other is not special.

The problem rests on what special means. Does it mean unique? Mystical? Divine? Then no, it's not and we're not. Amazing? Overwhelming? Inexpressable? Then yes, love is and we are.

I think we are special. I see something profoundly, ineffably special and amazing that nothing more than a pattern of matter and energy can experience things as I experience them.

My two gil.

Big D
02-02-2008, 08:38 PM
I like how this thread is supposed to be about snarking at dopey juveniles who think they're in love, but it's degenerated into a pissing contest about semantics, definitions, and the limits of knowledge.

Roto13
02-02-2008, 08:38 PM
I am on about a belief system. That may or may not justify human endevor on this earth. Christians believe that god created love, right? So therefore if you can provide apsolute evidance that all humans on the world can agree with i'll shut my mouth.
Christians believe that god created everything. If he did, then he created love as a biological force, and not magic, because we know what love is because it's been studied. I don't think there's anything that everyone in the world will be convinced of. There are still people who think the earth is flat. Would you say they're as right as the people with actual brains who know it's not?

Fair enough dude, you got me there. Yet i just dont understand how you can dictate to others that your views are right and not thiers, thats all.
It's easy when you have science and all they have are happy thoughts.

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 08:43 PM
There are still people who think the earth is flat. Would you say they're as right as the people with actual brains who know it's not?

That doesnt matter. All that matters is that thier view is heard. Even if people think its a load of old bollocks, having your opinion heard is the whole point of freedom of speach. And I never said anything about magic in religion. Im just standing up for others opoinions.

~*~Celes~*~
02-02-2008, 08:48 PM
okay...this isn't eoeo...why are you even ARGUING? Everyone has their own opinions...let's just accept that and move on.

Thank you :)

Roto13
02-02-2008, 08:50 PM
There are still people who think the earth is flat. Would you say they're as right as the people with actual brains who know it's not?

That doesnt matter. All that matters is that thier view is heard. Even if people think its a load of old bollocks, having your opinion heard is the whole point of freedom of speach. And I never said anything about magic in religion. Im just standing up for others opoinions.

And people get to be right and wrong. You're acting like everyone is equally qualified and informed to know what something is, and that's just not true.

I Am Stoner
02-02-2008, 08:54 PM

And people get to be right and wrong.

Maybe in your eyes, not in mine.

Anyway, im gonna stop posting in this thread. Coz i have expressed my views.

Fuzakeru
02-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I wonder why it is that society teaches children that love is such a magical thing when it seems most of us as adults are less inclinded to think so...

Roto13
02-02-2008, 08:59 PM

And people get to be right and wrong.

Well that's just dumb. Not everything is a matter of opinion. Some things are actual facts.

~*~Celes~*~
02-02-2008, 09:00 PM
I wonder why it is that society teaches children that love is such a magical thing when it seems most of us as adults are less inclinded to think so...

'cause then, reality sets in and we see the truth.

Avarice-ness
02-02-2008, 09:04 PM

Because children are becoming the only one's capable of hope and innocence in this world. If we told them that love came from swirling chemicals in our brain when we find another person attractive in some manner, that innocence wouldn't really be.. as innocent. And taint all the innocent children, we'd end up with a mass ammount of bitter teens and adults, with even less of a chance of making the world better. Love is easier for a child to comprehend too, hence most fairy tales deal with love and not life and death as a main plot.

Not to mention, not just society tells children, but in fairy tales that adult's have either lost hope for or found irrationality in believing that "fairy tales do come true". A 5 year old may have all the hopes and dreams in the world to find love in the manner that cinderella did, where as a 25 year old wouldn't really count on it.

Yamaneko
02-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Well then, you're delusional.

Anyway, im gonna stop posting in this thread. Coz i have expressed my views.
Yes, you have and they're not equal to mine. We'll let an arbitrary set of beliefs decide which one's is more correct. Or we could have a proven system like the scientific method decide. But you know me, I'm just a crazy science person who doesn't believe in the power of love!

Fuzakeru
02-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I remember in 1st Grade my teacher asked our class, "What is love?" as it was close to Valentine's Day. Other than similies that compared love to warmth, hugs, and similar themes... no one could answer. The question was reversed shortly after. Caught off guard, the teacher couldn't give us a clear answer in return.

Even as adults we still see movies of hopeless romance where love conquers all. Romantic interests are found in all sorts of media and the majority of audiences are fully engrossed. Are these fleeting memories of our childhood dreams we're still clinging on to or do most of us still believe in the fantasies secretly?

I'm willing to believe in the 'magic' of love. After all, its far more interesting than not, in my eyes.

Quindiana Jones
02-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Damnit Big D! You ruined the pissing contest! :bigsmile:

It was fun while it lasted. Reading Yams when he's all stressed up is better than porn.

Yamaneko
02-02-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm not and was not stressed during the course of the discussion.

Quindiana Jones
02-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Shut up and kiss me.

Captain Maxx Power
02-02-2008, 10:09 PM
"What is love?"

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/e/2/1/e21a1a7124e7a4cc1c63d7fed84433f8.gif

Fuzakeru
02-02-2008, 10:11 PM
In a loud expression of amusement, I lol'd.

Miriel
02-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Love isn't just an emotion. Sure, it's part of it, but if what you feel toward another person is as fleeting as anger, sadness, excitement, etc, then it's not love. Love is commitment. Love grows, matures, ages.

And you have to be in a certain kind of relationship in order to be in love. Which is why I don't believe in "love at first sight" and I don't believe people can be in love with people they don't have a personal connection to, IE: people claiming to be literally be IN LOVE with celebrities. If you claim to be in love with someone after a few dates, and then a week or so later, you're just not interested anymore, then you were never in love to begin with.

Love is something that comes after "attraction" "lust" "like" "enjoy". You take all those other emotions, and then add in time and devotion and you're closer to what love really is.

Love isn't just hormones or chemicals or whatever rushing to the brain. That's part of what it feels like to be in love. But it's not just a sudden wave of chemicals, and bam! You're in love.

You don't FALL in love, you learn to love. It's a process that goes beyond just the physiological aspects of attraction. And love is different from other emotions, because it's much more constant. Every minute, of every day, I am in love with my boyfriend. It doesn't ever STOP. It's not like anger that subsides, or laughter that fades. Those kinds of stuff is much much MUCH more fleeting.

Not to say that love doesn't eventually subside, but it's not on the same level as other emotions. Because like I said, it's much more than an emotion.

No, it's not mystical or divine or magical. But love is extraordinary. Think about it. If you find someone who can make you laugh when you're feeling like complete :skull::skull::skull::skull:, who can know what you're thinking without you saying a word, who you can give yourself to fully, think how absolutely stunning that is. It's precious. If you find it, you should hold on to it as long as you can. And if you lose it, try your hardest to find it again.

Love is a choice, and it's a really beautiful one.

Caraliz
02-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Shut up and kiss me.
Quin is love. :D

~*~Celes~*~
02-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Shut up and kiss me.

Nonono, Miriel is 'cause she's right on the dot o.o

*blown away by her amazingly accurate post*

Yamaneko
02-04-2008, 01:23 AM
It's not magic, though. Proteins and psychological conditioning based on the need for companionship.

Aerith's Knight
02-04-2008, 01:23 AM
i agree with miriel.. which is normal.. because she is mighty smart :)

~*~Celes~*~
02-04-2008, 01:29 AM
It's not magic, though. Proteins and psychological conditioning based on the need for companionship.

Either Yams is bitter or he has yet to experience such wonderfulness. That's all I can figure *Shrugs*

It may not be magic to those who think more with logic, but that's fine. What gets me is you feel the need to press your opinion so strongly onto us.

Little Al
02-04-2008, 01:30 AM
i agree with miriel.. which is normal.. because she is mighty smart :)
I second that agreement. :)

Caraliz
02-04-2008, 01:34 AM
I'm agreeing with a mix of Miriel and Yams. Love is "all around us" because it is drilled into our heads that we NEED this significant other, and "friends" won't cut it. If you're not married by the time you're 30 you're viewed as a social outcast.

But once you really get past that bs, love is an amazing feeling. I think that if you wouldn't run into a burning building for the one that you love, you're not really in love. It makes you do crazy things.

Yamaneko
02-04-2008, 01:37 AM
It may not be magic to those who think more with logic, but that's fine. What gets me is you feel the need to press your opinion so strongly onto us.
There is a topic called "Fake Love". I'm pressing the issue because that is the issue. That and it seems to me there's a misconception in our culture about love very similar to that of a belief in God. There are explanations for these things. Whether or not people choose to ignore the evidence does not change the reality of what's going on in your brain. Accept that and I will be content.

Tavrobel
02-04-2008, 01:41 AM
I just love this thread. No joke.

~*~Celes~*~
02-04-2008, 01:49 AM
It may not be magic to those who think more with logic, but that's fine. What gets me is you feel the need to press your opinion so strongly onto us. Whether or not people choose to ignore the evidence does not change the reality of what's going on in your brain. Accept that and I will be content.
I accept that, definitely. There are explanations for everything. I'm just saying...Why are you shooting down the more romantic (no pun intended) view of it all? If anything, in times such as these, we need something to smile about and dream of. It's like saying "you turn me on, baby" versus "you make the blood flow to my penis, female companion." Yeah, probably the corniest and most...interesting comparison you'll hear, but...Yeah xD

I hope that gives some insight as to my thoughts.

Avarice-ness
02-04-2008, 01:49 AM
I'm agreeing with a mix of Miriel and Yams. Love is "all around us" because it is drilled into our heads that we NEED this significant other, and "friends" won't cut it. If you're not married by the time you're 30 you're viewed as a social outcast.

Actually on the news one day they said studies have shown that many "working class" women, AKA the one's who went to college and got their degree's and have a job better than retail or secretarial work, are basically not getting married or even looking for love until the age of 35.

A few people said it was because the average life span of the woman is going up, so there was no point of settling down.
Other's said it was because many people in this day feel that you have to be married with a kid by the age of 35 and if you're not then you'll end up dubbed a work-a-holic and you have no time for love.

Saddly, culture's made it so that pre-teens and teens feel they need a "lover" by their side and the second one leaves they have to pick another one up. This ends up continuing until they find someone they truly love and if they don't and get married to a person they're "okay with being around for the time" they just give divorced and try again.

Due to love moving so fast with people now, Divorce is one of the most common legal filings happening, and it wasn't like this just 30 or 40 years ago. It's mostly because people feel the love, are together for 4 months then say "let's get married" then after 2 years they realize they just liked each other's company at the time and/or they just loved them for other things.

I'm more used to hearing people go "I'm getting married!" "Really? To who" "Blah Blah" "How long have you two been together" "We've known each other for 3 years but we've been dating for 3 months"

Instead of "How long have you two been together" "We've known each other for 5 years and have been dating for 3 years"

And not to mention, in this day and age, people who are over a certain age and have been dating for like 2 or 3 years automatically get dubbed as "probably not going to get married" which I find to be completely stupid on most parts.

Shlup
02-04-2008, 01:58 AM

And who's to say proteins aren't magical?!

Madame Adequate
02-04-2008, 02:45 AM
I'm having to invoke the Improbable Agreement Protocol, which states that when Miriel and MILF agree, it must be true.

Roto13
02-04-2008, 02:57 AM

My proteins are magical. :jokey:

Araciel
02-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Never bothered me, but then I don't care about what stupid people say to each other.

LanceOfTime
02-04-2008, 03:15 AM
:D its not the protiens that are magical......its cupids arrow :D......no....we dont feel love....until cupid finds the time to come shoot us in the ass.....then ......then its magic....its like the arrow stuck in your ass.....is attracted to the arrow in your other's ass....see? i just explained it all...end of discussion :D

Yamaneko
02-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Why are you shooting down the more romantic (no pun intended) view of it all?
I'm not. I'm questioning peoples' beliefs that the romantic view is the only explanation or even the prominent one. It's not. People obsess over it way too much. The right person for someone makes sense on a pragmatic level more than anything else. Semantic distinctions between true love and puppy love are worthless.

Scientists.

Shlup
02-04-2008, 03:48 AM
And just who the fuck are scientists?

Yamaneko
02-04-2008, 03:50 AM
Endocrinologists.

Aerith's Knight
02-04-2008, 04:20 AM
dont look at your body for an explination of love.. although i can mess with your hormonal levels, that would change nothing more then attraction. Love is normally percieved to be more then attraction. So i wouldnt look at some random molecules or atoms to be the explination of it all.

molecules do nothing more then sitting around anyhow.. lazy bums

Araciel
02-04-2008, 05:04 AM
Endocrinologists.

I would call them wizards.

Yamaneko
02-04-2008, 05:13 AM
I'm not saying that biology explains it all because there's certainly a socio-psychological aspect, but there's an explanation grounded in reality. None of this true love or destiny crap.

But they don't wear pointy hats.

Aerith's Knight
02-04-2008, 05:16 AM
I'm not saying that biology explains it all because there's certainly a socio-psychological aspect, but there's an explanation grounded in reality. None of this true love or destiny crap.

as i said minutes before, chemicles and brain interaction can only account for initial attraction. The funny feeling you get.. butterflies in stomuch and such

love however.. is generally thought to be more then following your little head.

however, i suppose that is how you view love, and is again a question of opinion

Araciel
02-04-2008, 05:48 AM

But they don't wear pointy hats.

People who wear pointy hats aren't always wizards, so do all wizards wear pointy hats? Requires more study.

Del Murder
02-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Poor Yams, were you recently rejected from Match.com or something?

Yamaneko
02-04-2008, 05:57 AM
They told me they had standards to uphold. :( Thankfully Yahoo! Personals doesn't discriminate.

Del Murder
02-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Well Miriel and I are talking about bringing in a third person, if you swing that way. Playing FFXI is a requirement though.

Araciel
02-04-2008, 06:04 AM
...Playing FFXI is a requirement though.

You people need to be stopped. :p

Yamaneko
02-04-2008, 06:06 AM
That's disgusting, dude. I wouldn't touch FFXI even if you paid the monthly subscription for me. :barf:

Caraliz
02-04-2008, 06:22 AM
You could always go with Skt and play WoW. :p

Miriel
02-04-2008, 06:23 AM
There is a topic called "Fake Love". I'm pressing the issue because that is the issue. That and it seems to me there's a misconception in our culture about love very similar to that of a belief in God. There are explanations for these things. Whether or not people choose to ignore the evidence does not change the reality of what's going on in your brain. Accept that and I will be content.

Of course there are explanations for being in love. If you can't explain why you're in love with someone, you're either not in love or you're incapable of expressing yourself properly. But I think your idea of "love" is the rush of GOOD FEELINGS that come along with being with the person you care about. But that feeling alone doesn't make love. It's a byproduct of love, not the cause of love itself. That may help you become drawn to someone, it may account for physical attraction, but it is not love. If you think about the all encompassing idea of what love is, it's much more than just a wave of good feeling.

I agree with that.

Yamaneko
02-04-2008, 06:26 AM
I WIN!

rubah
02-04-2008, 03:57 PM
I believe love comes from magic butterflies that fly around and flap their wings, making a random eddy of air which just happens to push people into their TRUE MATES just a little bit, giving that first initial unconscious desire.

Then the bluebird of happiness flies by and sings the melody of the lower abdomen, the love center (I think it' sbeen a while since I read up on indian music power!) and unless it's blow off course by a freak global warming thunderstorm, that bluebird of happiness will ensure you are in love with your TRUE MATE forever!

So, NO yams, you do not win!

Baloki
02-04-2008, 04:02 PM
that bluebird of happiness will ensure you are in love with your TRUE MATE forever!

That sounds so incredibly furry...

Madame Adequate
02-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Actually if determinism is correct then love IS fated :bigsmile:

LanceOfTime
02-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Love- me leaving everything i have and my bright future to run off to wyoming with barely enough money just to see the girl i love cuz distance is tearing us apart and she just tried to kill herself....i'm off soon....last time on this forum....peese

Roto13
02-04-2008, 06:26 PM
that bluebird of happiness will ensure you are in love with your TRUE MATE forever!

That sounds so incredibly furry...

You would know. >:O

Madame Adequate
02-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Love- me leaving everything i have and my bright future to run off to wyoming with barely enough money just to see the girl i love cuz distance is tearing us apart and she just tried to kill herself....i'm off soon....last time on this forum....peese

Good luck man. :up: I'd do the same.

Quindiana Jones
02-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Shut up and kiss me.

I just feel the need to bring this back up.

Peegee
02-05-2008, 02:09 AM
I remember thinking the exact same thing as you LanceofTime.

Then I got my world destroyed when I had a girlfriend. I suggest you realize that what these people are saying is not love, and that you should be careful not to fall into the same trap. Emotions run high and you can be deceived.

Freya
02-05-2008, 02:50 AM

WHOA wait... you're coming here? To my state? o.o Wyoming people are crazy fyi... I should know... but hopefully it works out!

on the love thing. LOL yams and miriel make me giggle. As does celes with her comparison xD

NeoTifa
02-05-2008, 03:28 AM

THE JACKAL

ummm no. im a senior, and i know what real love is. i know how annoying it is for little freshmens to go around saying "omg i luv [insert name here] so much! this is true luv!" its bull. "dating" and "love" in school are just excuses to write "i luv [inh] forevah!!!!" all over their dawsons creek trapper keeper (lol south park). thats all it is. do they ever really go out? or just hold hands and suck face in the hallways with love grafitti all over their arms and hands? no. just the second one.

sex rights are all that is as well. its just a way to show that they are the person theyre @#$%ing that week. i dont care for any of it! i say, the sex just complicates things. thats why ive never bothered with it.

id say love is the overwhelming will to put your life on the line for that person, and would love nothing else in the world than to be in their arms (without the sex, thats just a bonus) every second of the day. The sound of their voice should run a chill down your spine, the feeling of their presence near you should have and almost gravitational pull. hearing their name should make your pulse go up, and when they say your name, it should put butterflies in your stomach. when they are near you, your soul should almost purr like a kitten, and when they walk away, feel like a someone stabbed you in the heart and it makes you sick.

yes, this is my definition of love. take it or leave it. high school love is usually fake love. but, it can sometimes, i believe, lead you to your soul mate. the fact that i am with someone, and he wants me to move in and marry him makes my heart want to explode with greif. ;_;

DEANA!!!! DUMP HIM!!! YOU DONT REALLY LOVE HIM!!!! HES MINE!!!! MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! WE BELONG TOGETHER!!!!!!!! YOUR BOYFRIEND SHOULD BE MY BOYFRIEND!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! CANT YOU SEE HES NOT HAPPY WITH YOU?! STUPID!!!! HE WANTS ME!!!! HES JUST USING YOU FOR SEX!!!! HES ONLY GOING OUT WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU REMIND HIM OF ME!!!!! he said so :p jesus christ!!!! look at your myspace profile woman!!! its almost just like mine, and he just wants to get in on the braces action lol thats all.

*exhales* whew. that feels better. :( i really do love him. and he loves me...

Little Al
02-05-2008, 03:35 AM

THE JACKAL

ummm no. im a senior, and i know what real love is. i know how annoying it is for little freshmens to go around saying "omg i luv [insert name here] so much! this is true luv!" its bull. "dating" and "love" in school are just excuses to write "i luv [inh] forevah!!!!" all over their dawsons creek trapper keeper (lol south park). thats all it is. do they ever really go out? or just hold hands and suck face in the hallways with love grafitti all over their arms and hands? no. just the second one.

sex rights are all that is as well. its just a way to show that they are the person theyre @#$%ing that week. i dont care for any of it! i say, the sex just complicates things. thats why ive never bothered with it.

id say love is the overwhelming will to put your life on the line for that person, and would love nothing else in the world than to be in their arms (without the sex, thats just a bonus) every second of the day. The sound of their voice should run a chill down your spine, the feeling of their presence near you should have and almost gravitational pull. hearing their name should make your pulse go up, and when they say your name, it should put butterflies in your stomach. when they are near you, your soul should almost purr like a kitten, and when they walk away, feel like a someone stabbed you in the heart and it makes you sick.

yes, this is my definition of love. take it or leave it. high school love is usually fake love. but, it can sometimes, i believe, lead you to your soul mate. the fact that i am with someone, and he wants me to move in and marry him makes my heart want to explode with greif. ;_;

DEANA!!!! DUMP HIM!!! YOU DONT REALLY LOVE HIM!!!! HES MINE!!!! MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! WE BELONG TOGETHER!!!!!!!! YOUR BOYFRIEND SHOULD BE MY BOYFRIEND!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! CANT YOU SEE HES NOT HAPPY WITH YOU?! STUPID!!!! HE WANTS ME!!!! HES JUST USING YOU FOR SEX!!!! HES ONLY GOING OUT WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU REMIND HIM OF ME!!!!! he said so :p jesus christ!!!! look at your myspace profile woman!!! its almost just like mine, and he just wants to get in on the braces action lol thats all.

Oh yeah I hate fake love. Speaking of which... A fairly good example of fake love is when a couple of people from my school are in "love". But then a few months later, they are with someone else, claiming they're his/her gf/bf. Ugh! But I do see what you're saying when you say it may lead you to your soul mate. But I prefer real love over fake love any day.

Roto13
02-05-2008, 03:36 AM

What the hell was that?

~*~Celes~*~
02-05-2008, 03:40 AM

What the hell was that?
Sounds to me like her friend's boyfriend actually wants HER and is only using her friend for sex..

@Lekana: You = lurve for being the only one to notice my comaprison :heart:

Caraliz
02-05-2008, 03:49 AM

What the hell was that?
seconded.

NeoTifa
02-05-2008, 04:15 AM
lol deana's bf is the guy that i beleive is my soulmate. im truely in love with him :(

Roto13
02-05-2008, 04:33 AM
You're really, really not helping your stance that teenagers have a clue about love.

Shiny
02-05-2008, 04:52 AM
It's funnier when that fake love is on a final fantasy forum and most of the people it consists of are 15+.

Loony BoB
02-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Love is not defined as a chemical reaction in the brain. This is certainly something that happens during the stages of falling in love, however that doesn't mean that it is the cause of love.

Love lacks a solid definition. To quote Wiki...

The word love has many different meanings in English, from something that gives a little pleasure ("I loved that meal") to something one would die for (patriotism, family). It can describe an intense feeling of affection, an emotion or an emotional state. In ordinary use, it usually refers to interpersonal love.

There is nothing to say who is and is not in love with another person because it all comes down to how that individual chooses to define love. Some people experience strong feelings faster than others, some people don't include feelings in their definition at all, but rather such things as loyalty.

It all comes down to personal definition. Your definitions can also change over time - in your youth you might define love in a more lustful way, while as you grow older you may find that such a thing is too easy to obtain, so you then choose to define love as a long term commitment.

There are probably hundreds of ways to look at it, if not more. Either way, it's not for you or I to decide how a person should define love. It's up to them. What can be annoying to you is how they choose to define it, but that's your problem, not theirs. :) I don't know why anyone would actually get annoyed by such a trivial thing that has absolutely nothing to do with them, though.

Aerith's Knight
02-05-2008, 02:43 PM

What the hell was that?
seconded.

its that day of the month again..

Quindiana Jones
02-05-2008, 06:26 PM
PANCAKE TUESDAY!