PDA

View Full Version : Favorite and Least Favorite Final Fantasies etc.

hhr1dluv
02-01-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm bored and I don't feel like doing my programming HW, so here are questions!

1. What is your favorite Final Fantasy game?
2. What is your least favorite Final Fantasy game?
3. Who is your favorite character?
4. Least favorite character?
5. Hardest boss battle in a Final Fantasy game for you?
6. Other favorite video game franchises?
7. Favorite character theme (from any gaming franchise, though preferably from FF)

For me:
1. Heh...probably Final Fantasy X, though FF VII is nearly tied.
2. Of the ones I've tried, it's a tie between FF VII: Dirge of Cerberus
and FF XII.
3. Yuna
4. Auron (yes, many people will probably hate me for that :P)
5. Seriously...I had the most trouble with the Seymour form you fight
at Mt. Gagazet in FF X. The hardest FF for me though was IV.
6. Kingdom Hearts, Legend of Zelda (though I haven't played many of
these titles)
7. From FF: Celes's Theme from FF VI
Generally speaking: Schala's Theme from Chrono Trigger.

Namelessfengir
02-02-2008, 06:13 AM
1. ffx
2. ff12
3. rikku
4. kimahri (boring, sphere grid sucks)
5. seymour at the entrance to sin
6. splinter cell series (still need to get chaos and pandora)
7. did ff8 have themes?

hhr1dluv
02-02-2008, 05:56 PM
FFVIII didn't really have themes, but certain pieces could be construed as character themes. For instance, I'm pretty sure that Squall's theme would be "The Oath," Rinoa's would be "My Mind," and Quistis's would be "Tell Me."

BG-57
02-03-2008, 01:11 AM
1. Final Final Tactics (with FFVIII a close second)
2. FFII. Couldn't even muster enough enthusiams to finish it. And I've finished every other FF title that I started at least once. Even Mystic Quest.
3. As far as PCs go, I'm really fond of Tidus.
4. Again, as far as PCs go I can't work up much enthusiam for Malak in FFT. Combines random damage dealing with lousy stats, two things that really bother me.
5. Storywise, I found the Velius battle in FFT very tough the first few playthroughs. The hardest battles period involve optional superbosses, usually.
6. Suikoden series. Not as epic as FF, but a nice way of creating interesting characters with broad strokes in a huge cast of characters (108 recruitable in each game!). Every sequel has at least a half dozen characters that I become very fond of. Also they worked out room for sequels nicely by giving only part of the world map to explore and every sequel expands our view of the world. That also allows characters from previous games to make cameos. The world of Ivalice in FFT and FFXII seems to have realized this.
7. Ozar Midrashim (Raziel's theme from Soul Reaver) is a dark masterpiece. Listen here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvCOiIZF2GI)

DarkLadyNyara
02-04-2008, 05:48 AM
In terms of gameplay, FFII. In terms of story, FFIX.

FFVIII. I disliked much of the story, to say nothing of absurdly contrived "plot-twists", and most of the characters. And the gameplay, though not too bad, wasn't nearly enough to make up for it. And the worst part is that it had the potential to be an awesome game.

Tossup between the Emperor(FFII) and Kuja. If it has to be a hero...Hm...either Zidane or Freya.

Rinoa. Hands down.

Under normal conditions, the "light" Emperor in FFII,SoR. Overall, Lich, FFI, my Solo lowest-level white mage game.(The earth cavern lich, not the chaos shrine one.) (Dawn of Souls) Good God, that was annoying.

FireEmblem

7. Favorite character theme (from any gaming franchise, though preferably from FF)
Freya's theme. Absolutely beautiful piece of music.

Wolf Kanno
02-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Final Fantasy VI for nostalgia's sake but overall in terms of character story and gameplay I would say Final Fantsay Tactics.

X cause I don't like interactive movies with a bland story and an annoying cast...

Too many to say really...

Yuna, cause she has the personality of interactive furniture and Yuffie cause she's a fucking, thieving bitch that should have been left in the care of Don Corneo.

Original Zeromus battle from IV (J Hard type or PSX) Needing Edge to steal the Dark Matter from him so Big Bang doesn't auto kill half your party (Edge being one of them) every round was a pain even with high levels. Made difficult cause Edge is a better ninja than a thief and he's a lousy ninja...

Too many to say but Metal Gear and Suikoden are high on the list as well as Guilty Gear and Breath of Fire to name a few...

Too many to say but... Terra, Shadow, and Cyan's themes from VI, Tifa and Aeriths from VII, Freya's from IX, Robo and Magus' themes from Chrono Trigger, Rudy's theme from Wild ARMS 1, and Snake's theme from Metal Gear Solid series to name a few...

blackmage_nuke
02-06-2008, 11:08 AM
I answer all the above questions in such a fashion that it shows my aproval FFVI

hhr1dluv
02-07-2008, 05:39 AM
Wow Wolf Kanno, I do believe our tastes concerning videogames are completely different.

This question is mildly off topic, but considering that I actually quite liked the overdramatic romance and sappiness of Final Fantasy X (that's why it's my favorite), could I be expected to really enjoy Final Fantasy III? (I realize that question might be a bit odd or simplistic).

Wolf Kanno
02-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Wow Wolf Kanno, I do believe our tastes concerning videogames are completely different.

This question is mildly off topic, but considering that I actually quite liked the overdramatic romance and sappiness of Final Fantasy X (that's why it's my favorite), could I be expected to really enjoy Final Fantasy III? (I realize that question might be a bit odd or simplistic).

Well I don't think our tastes would be too different actually. I like melodrama and sappy romances as well I just don't feel X did it well is all. If you want a good romance story I suggest Xenogears or the Lunar series and if you want melodrama, once again, I suggest Xenogears as well as FFT and the Breath of Fire series.

Onto your question though. I'll assume you are talking about playing the DS version. III is a great game IMHO but you need to understand a few things. The DS version named the Light Warriors and gave them personalities which makes for some better story scenes later but III is not a heavy story based game. If your looking for grand romance and melodrama you are a few games too early.

III is an adventure game, the fun is exploring its vast world and meeting the locals. Every town you go to has a calamity your party must solve and one more piece in the puzzle of discovering why the crystals have chosen you. The villain has easily one of the most sympathetic motives in the series and it does have many epic story scenes, plot twists, and sorrowful deaths.

The thing is though... if you are expecting your characters to sit down and really chat and go into detail of their personal feelings then you will be disappointed. Granted the DS version has added alot of depth to the characters which has really enhanced the story but I can't say for sure if it would be to your satisfaction. I was personally impressed by the game but mostly cause I played it with the context of knowing how old it is. Considering its a NES game with minor story changes the game is incredibly epic and well made. To be honest, it sorta knocked some of the fire I had for FFIV. Though IV has a much richer story and cast of characters in terms of gameplay and world design I would argue it was a downgrade from III.

Personally I recommend playing the game but you may want to borrow it from a friend first before laying money down to buy it. I personally loved the game but I like games like III to begin with so my opinion is a little bias. I hoped that helped a little...

Dr. Acula
02-09-2008, 02:08 AM
FF7

FF2

Selphie and Vivi are tied for first :love:

I dunno, probably Rosa from FF4.

The bloody Sanctuary Keeper (I think it's called) in FFX

Halo series, Breath of Fire, Tekken

Can't really remember many, but probably Terra's theme, Aerith's theme and Yuffie's theme (strangely enough).

FF_Chick
02-09-2008, 02:33 AM
1. What is your favorite Final Fantasy game? Final Fantasy VI
2. What is your least favorite Final Fantasy game? Final Fantasy VII
3. Who is your favorite character? Celes
4. Least favorite character? Cloud
5. Hardest boss battle in a Final Fantasy game for you? ExDeath
6. Other favorite video game franchises? The Legend of Zelda
7. Favorite character theme. Tina

Takara
02-09-2008, 09:31 AM
1. What is your favorite Final Fantasy game? It remains a tie between IV and VI.
2. What is your least favorite Final Fantasy game? VIII, although X-2 was so bad it could have dethroned it in terms of suckiness, but I'd rather pretend it doesn't exist.
3. Who is your favorite character? Kain.
4. Least favorite character? Rinoa.
5. Hardest boss battle in a Final Fantasy game for you? Shinryu. Or if we don't go with optional bosses, then Velius from FFT still gives me trouble, to this day.
6. Other favorite video game franchises? It used to be the Mana series. Now, I'm not sure. Mana stopped being entertaining for me after Legend of Mana.
7. Favorite character theme (from any gaming franchise, though preferably from FF) Relm.

Tabris
02-09-2008, 02:05 PM
1. FF-X
2. Not sure. IX, I guess, although I haven't played it too much yet.
3. Yuna
4. Rikku
5. Yunalesca, I think
6. Sims 2
7. Lulu, I think

f f freak
02-09-2008, 04:02 PM
1. What is your favorite Final Fantasy game? This is a toughie. It's a tie between IV, VI and IX.

2. What is your least favorite Final Fantasy game? VIII.

3. Who is your favorite character? This is another toughie. It's between Terra, Celes, Rydia, Freya and Beatrix.

4. Least favorite character? Rinoa or Squall probably.

5. Hardest boss battle in a Final Fantasy game for you? Zeromus. Mainly because Big Bang killed everyone on my team except for Kain.

6. Other favorite video game franchises? Valkyrie Profile. Probably some others I can't remember.

7. Favorite character theme. Beatrix's theme. At least I think it's hers. I'm guessing it is because it plays on the Red Rose when she appears.

Zora
02-11-2008, 06:37 AM
1. What is your favorite Final Fantasy game? IX or VI
2. What is your least favorite Final Fantasy game? II, but X makes a second (To describe X in a few words: It is like a generic mediocre Atlus RPG with pretty cutscenes)
3. Who is your favorite character? Kefka, easily
4. Least favorite character? Tidus. Dear god. Learn how to move on. Learn how to make yourself look presentable, and dear god learn how to laugh.
5. Hardest boss battle in a Final Fantasy game for you? Exdeath. I usually only bother with the main bosses. I rarely fight the optional bosses.
6. Other favorite video game franchises? Tales of, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, MOTHER!, Chrono Trigger (haven't tried Cross yet)
7. Favorite character theme (from any gaming franchise, though preferably from FF) Celes's theme, Aeris's them, Magus's theme, Freya's theme, Kefka's Theme, and others.

Dreddz
02-14-2008, 07:19 PM
1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Final Fantasy III
3. Cid
4. Cid
5. Ozma
6. Street Fighter
7. Cid

hhr1dluv
02-15-2008, 04:46 AM
So Dreddz, which Cid is your favorite and which is your least favorite? :D
I think my favorite Cid is FFIV Cid, and my least favorite is FFX Cid. Or maybe FFVIII Cid.