PDA

View Full Version : FF XIII to be released this year.

tidus_rox
02-02-2008, 01:42 AM
I got this through my email. I signed up for a newsletter from PSX. They say the following:

When you make a list of the top PS3 games of 2008, you'll probably toss out titles like Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Grand Theft Auto IV, Gran Turismo 5, and Killzone 2. If you're ambitious, you might include Final Fantasy XIII with the standard disclaimer of, "well, if it makes it." However, if Square-Enix is telling the truth, it's definitely coming this year!

They haven't released an exact official date, but according to Joystiq, Tetsuya Nomura has said the "long wait for the Fabula Nova Crystallis collection will be over soon enough," and he even hinted at the possibility of a playable demo hitting the PlayStation Store! Evidently, they want to release the demo to show off the game's completely revamped battle mechanic, which would kick much ass. But in the end, Nomura basically swears we'll see Final Fantasy XIII in 2008, which means we can definitely add the game to our "must-have" list for the year. Good God, can we really handle another legitimate Game of the Year nominee? How many giant-name games can we take?

Oh, we'll take all of them, no questions asked. Of course, there's nothing concrete here, and until we have a solid release date, we won't count on anything. We'd like to think Nomura knows what he's talking about, though, so we're very hopeful...

Discuss...

Bolivar
02-02-2008, 04:25 AM
Man i really hope so, I was under the impression that at least XIII was due out this year, now with Nomura assuring that a playable demo is coming, it makes it seem like it might not.

However, if this interview is true, the words "the long wait for the Fabula Nova Crystallis collection will be over soon enough" is such a refreshing sentence... Does anyone have the original interview?

Roto13
02-02-2008, 01:53 PM
Corporate Rumor Smash: Final Fantasy XIII 2008 Release Date Rumors "Erroneous" (http://kotaku.com/350801/final-fantasy-xiii-2008-release-date-rumors-erroneous)

Dreddz
02-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Im still saying a mid 09 release outside of Japan.

Vivisteiner
02-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Corporate Rumor Smash: Final Fantasy XIII 2008 Release Date Rumors "Erroneous" (http://kotaku.com/350801/final-fantasy-xiii-2008-release-date-rumors-erroneous)
Damn you.

I was supposed to be the Angel of Death who unveiled that news.

Serapy
02-03-2008, 12:45 AM
To be realistic, I think it'll come out in 2009, late-2008 for Japan.

tidus_rox
02-03-2008, 02:27 AM
:( My heart sunk...

Oh well, I need to get into another series to tide me over.

Nifleheim7
02-04-2008, 11:32 AM
I don't expect these games to come out sooner than 2009.A demo in 2008 isn't very unlikely though.
I want them to take their time developing these games and not rush them.I have too many games to play until then (and there will be lots more by the end of 2008),so the time will pass very fast!:)

Northcrest
02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I do hope it comes out at late 08 because then I can get one for Christmas then the other one on my birthday after that month.

Jessweeee♪
02-04-2008, 03:15 PM
The later the better IMHO.

It'll be some time before I can get my hands on a PS3! I want to get the game as close to the release date as possible, to lower my chances of being spoiled.

(Also so I don't hear HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA I HAVE FFXIII AND YOU DON'T LALALALALALALALAAA)