PDA

View Full Version : Okay, So what is LittleBigPlanet?

tidus_rox
02-02-2008, 03:13 AM
Well, I heard about it, so I looked it up, but I am still very unsure of what it actually is. To me, it seems like you make your own level, with different obsticles and whatever, then play through it, and share it with other people. That is cool, but IGN says its an action game? Which... confuses me. I don't know, could you just please explain the whole idea of Little Big Planet? Thank you. :):)

Aerith's Knight
02-02-2008, 03:17 AM
he asks on a FF forum

Bolivar
02-02-2008, 03:33 AM
Seems like you got the gist of it. I've seen a few vids, it's a sidescroller, co-op style, just instead of enemies you gotta work against the environment to get to the end. With levels being available online, I'm guessing it's online co-op, too. But yeah, you'll be able to see levels ranked, like what's the most played, most played for the day, stuff like that. It'll be fun, I'm probably getting it since all I got is motorstorm (still fun), I've been playing FFXII and SNES roms on my Linux partition.

Rostum
02-02-2008, 06:58 AM
he asks on a FF forum

We're in general gaming.

Madame Adequate
02-02-2008, 01:31 PM
It's not Little Big Adventure 3, like I first hoped for when I heard the title. :(

Roto13
02-02-2008, 01:44 PM
he asks on a FF forum

*head desk*

So, what, should he run out and join a Little Big Planet forum to ask what the game is? Did you join this site because you didn't know what Final Fantasy was? Believe it or not, the majority of people who play Final Fantasy play other games as well. Hence the General Gaming forum. :rolleyes2

Bartholomew
02-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Even though the semantics argument is interesting as hell, let's try staying on topic fellas. We're trying to have ourselves a forum here, not a psych ward.

LittleBigPlanet looks like incredible fun; I'll certainly get it to play with my roommates. I'm sure that people will create all sorts of awesome levels. I wonder if it comes with any premade levels.

Aerith's Knight
02-02-2008, 04:12 PM
he asks on a FF forum

*head desk*

So, what, should he run out and join a Little Big Planet forum to ask what the game is? Did you join this site because you didn't know what Final Fantasy was? Believe it or not, the majority of people who play Final Fantasy play other games as well. Hence the General Gaming forum. :rolleyes2

well.. yeah

I think they could explain better then you could, going from the assumption that you're not a LBP fan.

Roto13
02-02-2008, 05:22 PM
he asks on a FF forum

*head desk*

well.. yeah

I think they could explain better then you could, going from the assumption that you're not a LBP fan.

Let's work under the assumption that the OP is just curious about the game and not looking for an incredibly detailed breakdown of every feature, hmmkay? It makes perfect sense to ask about a game in the gaming forum. I kind of have to wonder what the hell you're doing here if you think the only game anyone here knows anything about is Final Fantasy.

Ashley Schovitz
02-02-2008, 06:27 PM
I don't see how anyone can be a LBP fan when the game isn't even out yet! Well the game is a cooperative platformer and why IGN calls it an action game? Well a lot of game reviewrs are a bit confused about genres of games.

Raebus
02-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Just stop, AK. You've already embarrassed yourself enough. It does seem like an interesting game, too. Like, creating your own levels supposedly?

Roto13
02-02-2008, 08:45 PM
It does seem like an interesting game, too. Like, creating your own levels supposedly?

That seems to be the main focus. Creating your own and, more importantly, sharing levels with others. If user-made levels in Knytt Stories is any indication, this game has a lot of potential. There are a lot of creative people out there who could potentially work magic with this game.

Markus. D
02-02-2008, 09:45 PM
In hopes of that, it be not limiting enough so some people can work magic :]

Roto13
02-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Well since it's the main focus of the game, I'm sure they'll be going out of their way to make it as versatile as possible. xP

Vivisteiner
02-02-2008, 10:39 PM
I googled 'Little Big Planet forums' and there wasn't a single one.

I saw someone designing a level on a game show. It was only a short clip but it looked quite cool. When I get a PS3 I might get it.

Rostum
02-03-2008, 12:44 AM
This game does look interesting, especially that you get to make your own levels and share with friends. Really well done I think.

tidus_rox
02-03-2008, 02:33 AM
Any official release dates yet?

Oh and thanks for all your answers! And arguments, that really entertained me :p

Rase
02-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Amazon.com has the release date set at September 16th. Dunno if that's official or not, but I'd say Q3 of this year is a safe bet.

Bolivar
02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
I just hope it's not the kind of game that loses its novelty fast. Obviously there's always going to be new content to explore, but the question is will the gameplay be entertaining enough for people to keep coming back.