PDA

View Full Version : Delita? *Spoiler*

Siegfried
02-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Ok, the story of this game is hard to understand, so I propose this question...
WHY DOES DELITA KILL PRINCESS OVELIA?
thanks

VeloZer0
02-02-2008, 09:21 PM
My take on it was because she tried to kill him.

From my perspective when she attacked him he disarmed and killed her reflexively.

.:kerrod:.
02-03-2008, 12:23 AM
although i dont think 'reflexively' is a word, i'd have to agree :p that's what i thought happened, too

BG-57
02-03-2008, 12:30 AM
In self defense. Apparently she wounded him too, but it wasn't mortal if the historical accounts are to be believed. He's still a jerk though.

Siegfried
02-03-2008, 02:09 AM
That is not what i looked like at all to me...but O well... I want to understnad the full story of FFt but i just lose it at some point...it just becomes too convoluted

Bartholomew
02-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Nah, it's a little less convoluted than the least convoluted Shakespeare play. You may just have a simple mind.

The Amazing Spiderman
02-03-2008, 06:24 AM
It is just a way to say how Delita was only using everyone he could to gain his power, and show in a way that he's ready to dispose of those that rebel against him, or became useless... even to "sacrifice" his love - if there was one- to rule and unify Ivalice.

He could do it on self defense, but he didn't even show hesitation. I sometimes think Ovelia felt that one day Delita would kill her. =/

Bolivar
02-03-2008, 10:46 PM
lol, I made a thread on this a while back. I didn't notice it at first, but the consensus seems to be that when she dove into him, that she tried to stab him, and it either didn't penetrate his armor or didn't harm him that much, and in that instant, he killed her. Kinda sad, but it does add to the character of Delita. i thought it was a great ending and a classic game.

auberginedreams
03-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Delita vowed to protect her because he was unable to save his sister. He decides to manipulate others, not to let others manipulate him. However, he went so far in his scheme for power that his intentions became warped and he reached the point of no return. He became so accustomed to using others in trying to avenge his sister that he evenually forgot his motives and only his methods remained clear to him. Because of this, he was unable to give up his increasingly evil methods and, in a tragically ironic ending, murdered the very person he swore to protect, even at the cost of his own life. This is by far the best ending to any video game I've ever played. It is tragic, but it makes an important statement.

.:kerrod:.
03-09-2008, 12:55 PM
yeah, now that i look back, it definitely wasn't a reflex or in self defense, there is a decent pause, long enough for him to think it out at least a little, and i hardly think she posed much of a threat after he got the knife, so 'self defense' is a bit far...

afro samurai
03-29-2008, 04:06 AM
My take on it was because she tried to kill him.

From my perspective when she attacked him he disarmed and killed her reflexively.

someone that agrees with me lol ^_^

Ziekfried
03-30-2008, 03:19 AM
In light of all the suggestions, I thought a lot of those same things too, but ultimately Delita probably killed her because she betrayed him which is treason and attempted murder in one, and after that he couldn't trust her. Really why would he sleep next to someone who stabbed him? Especially after he made her queen.

Vivisteiner
04-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Nah, it's a little less convoluted than the least convoluted Shakespeare play. You may just have a simple mind.
No. Just no.

Many Shakespeare plays have simpler plots than FFT.

I enjoyed FFT (just finished it today) but I though the second half of chapter 4 including the ending in particular was weak. I also predicted a lot of the betrayals. :)

And Delita is an idiot. And I used to think he was cool...