PDA

View Full Version : Losing stuff...

Fynn
02-02-2008, 09:22 PM
A couple of days ago I had to go to a town quite far away to take part in an English competition... It went quite well, but the thing is I lost forty CDs... They weren't original and I can burn them again anytime but it still is quite a loss. The worst thing is that I got the CD case they were in for Christmas and now I sorta miss it... :(

So,l have you lost anything while travelling? How important to you was it?

Cookie
02-02-2008, 09:24 PM
I apparently thought it would be a good idea to take my PS2 console on the beach with me once, which caused it to get sand all inside it and fuck it up. I consider that a lost.

Fuzakeru
02-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Mmm. I've never lost anything but my fiance lost his electric shaver when we went to our last anime convention.

... on that thought, he lost my L plushie too.

Wait, he left behind his cologne as well.

Y'know what? I'm blaming him for everything we lose from now on.

Avarice-ness
02-02-2008, 09:29 PM
I actually left an entire folder of cd's AND playstation games on an airplane once.

Which is the reason I no longer have FF7 or FFIX and one disk from FFVIII and I had to rebuy FFVI.

I'm very forgetful.

Tallulah
02-02-2008, 09:33 PM
I can lose stuff without travelling; I think that's MUCH worse. :mad:

For instance I lost the bank book for my savings account. Thank God I had the first one with my details in it, because I could have been in a real fix!

It is in the house somewhere, I'm sure of it; not that it matters now, of course.

Aerith's Knight
02-02-2008, 09:38 PM
20 bucks, three keys, a bb gun, several girlfriends, a small dog and a wheelbarrow full of clothes.

Blue Harvest
02-02-2008, 09:39 PM
I lost £20 once when I was at a party. That's pretty much it.

several girlfriends

That too.

Quindiana Jones
02-02-2008, 09:44 PM
I lost my heart, I buried it too deep under the iron sea.

Seriously, I lost my phone for a half hour at a party once. I was drunk, and kept asking (loudly) where my phone was or if anyone had seen it. It was in my pocket. :(

Avarice-ness
02-02-2008, 09:57 PM
I can lose stuff without travelling; I think that's MUCH worse. :mad:

For instance I lost the bank book for my savings account. Thank God I had the first one with my details in it, because I could have been in a real fix!

It is in the house somewhere, I'm sure of it; not that it matters now, of course.

My boyfriend lost his debit card, in the house, like 4 months ago.

We've just decided the house has taken it and to give up.

~*~Celes~*~
02-02-2008, 10:12 PM
I lose EVERYTHING, no joke. In fact, my 9th year of school (freshman year), I lost a wallet...It turned up my 11th year of school (junior year) in the school office...apparently I'd left it behind in my locker and when they cleaned it out they found it in there and knew it was mine 'cause a card was in it with my first name-I'm one of two girls in my school with my name spelled that way :bigsmile: so they finally gave it back.

Also..I tend to lose lots of socks D= I had this one pair of socks with little cows on them-so CUTE!-and I lost one of the socks ;_;

Rantz
02-02-2008, 10:39 PM
I lost my keys at a camp once, never got them back.

Seriously, I lost my phone for a half hour at a party once. I was drunk, and kept asking (loudly) where my phone was or if anyone had seen it. It was in my pocket. :(
I do this all the time, especially in a drunk state. I put things in the "wrong" pocket, and then I can't find it for the life of me. One time I found my iPod (which had been lost for hours) in a jacket pocket I didn't even know I had. :erm:

Aerith's Knight
02-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I lost my keys at a camp once, never got them back.

I do this all the time, especially in a drunk state. I put things in the "wrong" pocket, and then I can't find it for the life of me. One time I found my iPod (which had been lost for hours) in a jacket pocket I didn't even know I had. :erm:

You can find your pocket when you are drunk?

my hero! :D

Quindiana Jones
02-02-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't find my pocket, as such....more lose my hand. :(

Aerith's Knight
02-02-2008, 11:04 PM

did you ever find it again?

Rantz
02-02-2008, 11:08 PM
You can find your pocket when you are drunk?

my hero! :D

I'm amazed myself. In one episode I'm not very proud of, I was struggling my way back home after a party and suddenly lost my phone somehow, so I decided it would be a good idea to sit down on the sidewalk while fumbling around after the phone with my hands. Since it was dark out I thought I might as well close my eyes in the meantime.

X minutes later, I was awoken by some girls who tried to tell me it was not a very good place to sleep, and some more stuff I can't remember. I grunted a little to them and started walking home. The next day, of course, I found the phone in my right pocket.

Quindiana Jones
02-02-2008, 11:09 PM

Yeah, it was in my pocket! :eek:

Aerith's Knight
02-02-2008, 11:12 PM

Yeah, it was in my pocket! :eek:

who wouldve thunk it?

i guess thats life throwing you a curveball to the testicles. :D

Quindiana Jones
02-02-2008, 11:26 PM
That was also, ironically, where my hand was.

Parker
02-02-2008, 11:28 PM
I have found two CD cases full of CDs and one journal while walking around the city last year. It's an interesting insight into other peoples lives. You can tell a lot about a person from the music they listen to.

Personal losses, I dropped a wallet with £50 in it down a sewer. Worst day of my life.

rubah
02-03-2008, 12:01 AM
I left my favorite jacket at the hotel before i went to space camp :( which sucked because the habitations they put you up in when you go to space camp are COLD.

Breine
02-03-2008, 10:30 AM
I actually left an entire folder of cd's AND playstation games on an airplane once.

Which is the reason I no longer have FF7 or FFIX and one disk from FFVIII and I had to rebuy FFVI.

I'm very forgetful.

Aw, that sucks!

I don't really think I've ever forgotten something substantial.. maybe just things like a couple of bucks or a book or something.

Marshall Banana
02-03-2008, 10:51 AM
I lose socks and panties sometimes, because Tiki steals and hides them.

smittenkitten
02-03-2008, 10:51 AM
I actually lost my keys by running across the road to get my bus. Then all of a sudden this guy comes up to me and says "are you the one who ran across the road?" Then my keys appeared! I was so happy, so I lost my keys for about five seconds. Other than that I always lose my bus pass and have to by a new one like every three months. -_-;;;

scrumpleberry
02-03-2008, 12:35 PM
I nnnneeeearly lost my best hairbrush in a theatre. It was pretty embarrasing digging around for it when everyone was trying to get out.

Old Manus
02-03-2008, 12:52 PM
When I was about 10 I left my pokemon yellow and gold in a hotel room. I still cry myself to sleep about it now.

Zeldy
02-03-2008, 02:49 PM
I left my DS case (it was proper cool, It came with my Gameboy pocket!) and a number of DS games on an aeroplane! Most of the games were my brother's xD luckily my DS wasn't in there. I'm always loosing things, Ive lost my school bus pass twice, lost my keys twice, lost an earring from a pair I had just that second bought, drawn £10 out the bank and then must have dropped it or something and many other things, I lose everything :(

Blue Harvest
02-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I lose panties sometimes, because Blue Harvest steals them.

Who told you!? :erm:

DarkLadyNyara
02-04-2008, 05:54 AM
I've lost two books, and about $50 while travelling. (all on different trips)

While not travelling, I lost (or rather, had stolen) my purse containing CD player(with The Division Bell inside :() GameBoy Color, keys, and wallet at school. I was pissed.

Miriel
02-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Whenever I go traveling, I always end up losing items of clothing. A jacket here, a pair of shorts there, etc. It's really frustrating because I usually pack clothing that I really like. My favorites. :(

Jiro
02-04-2008, 08:44 AM
My Gameboy SP and games were stolen out of my car. They also took my school jacket and old soccer ball. Funnily enough, all the money was still there xD
I don't lose things much, but I do find a heap of things that belong to other people. I'd be rich if I didn't return them

BB_blitz
02-04-2008, 08:46 AM
i spent some time in Florida on vacation once and on the way home on the plan i lost the coconut i had collected on the trip apparently taking the coconut from Florida was against the law and was ditched in Texas :cry: i loved my new CO CO

oddler
02-04-2008, 11:32 AM
I lost about 40 CDs when I was 15. I was headed to a friend's house for the night and his dad came to pick me up. When he arrived, I set my case on the rear bumper of his truck so I could fling the rest of my crap into the bed. I forgot I set it down and we took off, realizing what I did about 5 minutes later. We combed the roads for 30 minutes back and forth but I can only guess that someone walked away from the mishap with 40 CDs that weren't theirs. I was pretty ticked at myself for that.

rubah
02-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Man, all you guys who have lost CDS; don't you wish they were all MP3s now? :D

*still has all her MP3s since she was in 7th grade ;D*

(the number of cds or mp3s before that time is negligible)

Rantz
02-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Well, I have lost my entire MP3 collection at least three times due to hard drive crashes or reinstalling Windows (y'know, the time before the "Upgrade" option was there). :rolleyes2

Namelessfengir
02-04-2008, 07:13 PM
i lost me respect for personal property

Seraphic
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I lose things,but when I'm lucky they have a way of finding their way back to me.
Like one time I lost my wallet at school,I left it on a desk or something. And when I got it back I found out that someone had taken it,used the 8 dollars remaining for a cab ride then left it inside the cab.
The cab driver found it and looked inside and found my barbers card.
He took it to the barbershop and left it there,where my dad found it first.
All in the span of an afternoon.
I thought it was still in my backpocket and my dad was performing voodoo magic on me.

But ANYWAYS,as for actually losing stuff,I tend to lose small things like pins that fall off my bag or my clothing.
Small terrible losses in their own right.

Evastio
02-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Personally I haven't lost anything while travelling. It must really suck though.

Chemical
02-06-2008, 05:50 AM
I am the queen of losing :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

I've lost my wallet more than 7 times...
Miraculously it always comes back to me.