PDA

View Full Version : Amiga (Britons only)

I Don't Need A Name
02-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Oh man Amiga's were amazing
I just had a flashback to playing the amazing game that was Elf (i could only get to level 2) and Ghouls and Ghosts (couldnt get past level 1)

Xander
02-03-2008, 09:54 PM
I loved Amiga and still have one though I haven't played it in a while.. My favourite games are Lemmings, Oh No! More Lemmings, Globdule, and Cannon Fodder :D I don't think I ever played the ones you mention.

I Don't Need A Name
02-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Lemmings was awsome
i always got owned on cannon fodder!!

Psychotic
02-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Amigas were the pinnacle of...well...everything. Cannon Fodder and Sensible Soccer were absolutely legendary. Sensi was just released on Xbox Live Arcade and I am in heaven. :love:

I Don't Need A Name
02-04-2008, 06:26 PM
i dont think i actually ever played sensible football soccer.
it just dawned on me that i think i might have the amiga somewhere!

Breine
02-05-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm not British, but I used to play on the Amiga quite a lot when I was a kid. Several of my friends had one, but sadly I don't remember the names of the games we used to play.

I think I remember a 2D platformer with two chicks as the protagonists, a Micromachines racing game of some sort, a golf game and then another 2D platformer where you played as a dog trying to save your owner or something..?

Oh oh! And a Danish game (I think) with a polar bear where you had to jump from one big piece of ice to another, so that you wouldn't land in the water. I think it was called "Oscar" or something like that.

The Amiga ruled, and I'm getting very nostalgic by just thinking of it.

Psychotic
02-05-2008, 06:00 PM
I had Oscar, Breine, but it did not involve a polar bear. It involved a rodent armed with a yoyo who was in a cinema and each theatre would be a different world. Like there'd be a horror world, a western world, a (black-and-white) war world, a comedy world, etc. etc.

Breine
02-06-2008, 01:46 PM
I had Oscar, Breine, but it did not involve a polar bear. It involved a rodent armed with a yoyo who was in a cinema and each theatre would be a different world. Like there'd be a horror world, a western world, a (black-and-white) war world, a comedy world, etc. etc.

Really? I was sure that the game I was talking about also was called Oscar... Hmm? Maybe my memory's playing tricks on me.