PDA

View Full Version : Ultima

White Knight
02-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Hi everyone, I´m new here. I am playing FF Tactics for a long time, I beated Altima a couple of times but there is one thing that is killing me... How the hell do I learn Ultima with Ramza???????? :confused: I would appreciate if somebody can answer me.:)

Sorry if my english is wrong.

Wolf Kanno
02-03-2008, 05:31 AM
During the two missions where you face Elmdore's servants (the crazy assassin chicks that change into Ultima Demons when defeated) you have to have one of them cast the Ultima spell on Ramza and have Ramza live through it (not terribly difficult). Hope that helped :)

The Amazing Spiderman
02-03-2008, 06:11 AM
Yep, you can learn it on chapter 4 only, at Limberry Castle.

Ramza MUST be a Squire to learn Ultima, get hitted by it, and survive to learn it.

To assure that both Celia and Lede will cast Ultima on Ramza, equip an N-Kai Armlet, a Judo Outfit to prevent Charm and Instant Death.

Hope that helps.

BG-57
02-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Did the PSP version eliminate the Ultima Demon in the Murond chapel?

Anyways the best place is outside Limberry Castle. Immobilize the Assassins and move Ramza barely into spellcasting range for one of them. With no other way to attack, they'll choose Ultima.

The Amazing Spiderman
02-03-2008, 05:43 PM
The Demons are on the game, and yes! You can learn Ultima from them, too. Didn't remember that.

Althought the Ultima Demons prefer to cast stronger spells than Ultima, it is so rare they'll cast it... you're better trying chances with the assasins.

White Knight
02-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Yeah it helped a lot!!! Thank you very much!!!! I´m starting a new game at FFT so I will try it in a couple of days maybe. Thanks again!

Giga Guess
02-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Just a note...Ultima is more easliy learned from Celia and Lettie/Lede. The Ultima Demons RARELY cast it. They are how I learned it, but I would NOT recommend it.

Also, as a note, Luso can learn Ultima as well, as early as the first battle with Celia and Lede, and then teach it back to Ramza.

Hope that helps.

Roogle
02-22-2008, 04:53 PM
A good method of having Ultima casted on a character is to equip several pieces of status protection equipment. With no other attacks in their arsenal, the Assassins will automatically cast Ultima if you are outside of their melee range.

afro samurai
03-29-2008, 04:10 AM
A good method of having Ultima casted on a character is to equip several pieces of status protection equipment. With no other attacks in their arsenal, the Assassins will automatically cast Ultima if you are outside of their melee range.
yep thats what i did

Dragonsoul
04-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Is the only place to learn it from the two Limberry castle battles against Lettie/Celia and/or Ultima Demons?

I'm past all that, can I still learn Ultima?? :)

BG-57
04-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Um...yeah. :p

Have you got to Murond Chapel yet? One of the opponents in an Ultima Demon. Fair warning: he doesn't like to cast Ultima. It'll take a lot of patience to learn Ultima that way.

Dragonsoul
04-12-2008, 03:56 AM
You mean Mullonde chapel(apparently the name was retranslated) right? I beat it. The only story missions I have left are the final six ones at Orbonne Monastery. The only other place for me to learn Ultima is in the final level, gargh!

I may be able to beat the game tonight! :)

BG-57
04-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Unfortunately yes. But it's kind of pointless.

Until I play the PSP version I'll likely be saying the PSX version of names. It's like saying Aeris instead of Aerith. One might be more correct but I got used to saying it the 'wrong' way.