PDA

View Full Version : Squall

Serapy
02-03-2008, 09:24 PM
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5464/facefq0.gif

What do you think this means?
The usual deformations = re-shaping faces, bodies, etc but this one is totally different, wonder why? After this scene, you get zoomed into the black hole and sees Rinoa in the space.

MJN SEIFER
02-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Damn... I hate that picture...

Anyway, I've always thought it represented "emptiness" the one who means the most to him has just been shown dying in time compression (so he thinks) and he is all alone again.

Basically Squall has been alone in his mind, and now that he's finally opened up and embraced thoes around him (albeit awkwardly) he is now alone physically. It's basically time to give up.

Either that or it's a fault in the graphic, but I doubt that.

Big D
02-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I hate that picture too...

I wrote a rambling treatise on that image in a thread a few years ago, but I'll summarise by saying it represents Squall's identity and existence being destroyed.

McLovin'
02-03-2008, 11:33 PM
LOL i never saw that image, but it's a real funny one.

Big D
02-03-2008, 11:43 PM
LOL i never saw that image, but it's a real funny one.It only appears for about a quarter of a second, during the 'trippy surreal montage' sequence at the end. Now that you've seen the picture, you might notice it next time you finish the game.

Serapy
02-04-2008, 05:19 AM
I hate that picture too...

I wrote a rambling treatise on that image in a thread a few years ago, but I'll summarise by saying it represents Squall's identity and existence being destroyed.

I think it's creating a new existence for both Squall and Rinoa. For some reason, I feel that the hole on his face is like a black hole from the space, it creates a big bang and so on = new existence. You see that image, after that, your screen goes into the hole's tunnel... which has the same description as a real black hole in the space (a hole with a tunnel). It's ironic because after the tunnel, you see Rinoa.