PDA

View Full Version : Balthier

McLovin'
02-03-2008, 09:48 PM
So I am not gonna play this since I don't have a psp so can someone tell me what Balthiers role in this game was? Was it the same Balthier in FF12?

Bolivar
02-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah, it's the same one, he's after the Cache of Glabados, which he tells Vaan in a note to come check out at the end of FFXII. Vaan and Penelo arrive there at the beginning of Revenant Wings.

An interesting note is that the Zodiac Stones are referenced also (or all-out renamed) as "the Auracite" which are the stones used for summoning espers (the 12 scions in addition to the "yarhi" (monsters)). This reference, in addition to Balthier, connects XII's eastern region Ivalice (Galtea) with FFT's western region (Ikoku).

McLovin'
02-03-2008, 10:40 PM
So is this game saying FFT happened at the same time as FF12??

Bolivar
02-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Nah, it's confirmed in the XII ultimania that Tactics takes place a thousand or so years after FFXII, the events surrounding St. Ajora take place a short time after XII.

Balthier tells Ramza he found the Cache of Glabados once and "ended up here", meaning FFT's Ivalice 1000 years in the future. I'm guessing after the events of the game he finds it again, returns to his time, and then tells Vaan to come meet him, 2 years after the end of the Great War in FFXII.

McLovin'
02-03-2008, 11:31 PM
oh so he just travels back in time, makes perfect sense...

Bolivar
02-03-2008, 11:35 PM
well, in this case it's Back to the Future.

White Knight
02-04-2008, 02:03 AM
Who is Balthier??? Does he/she appears in FFT??? Because I donīt remember him/her. I donīt even know if he is a woman or a guy hehe.
I have the PSone version of FFT.

Ichimonji
02-04-2008, 04:01 AM
Balthier is from FFXII. He was added in for the War of the Lions version.

Also yeah, it would be impossible for FFXII and FFT to take place at the same time since every race besides Humes went extinct in FFT, and there are no airships or anything techological like that anymore.

BG-57
02-04-2008, 04:14 AM
It makes about as much sense as Cloud's introduction. :p

Roogle
02-04-2008, 07:18 AM
oh so he just travels back in time, makes perfect sense...

As Bolivar stated, apparently, Balthier travels to the future through the use of some artifact that he must have found.

BG-57
02-04-2008, 12:19 PM
I should add that it's different from the way Cloud gets to Ivalice since the PSX dialogue suggests he traveled through space, not time.

Darkwolf090
02-09-2008, 09:37 AM
It is stated in the PSP version that Cloud got there right after he fell in the life stream Im pretty sure its the same in the PSX version but I cant remember anyway... yea just a little tid bit of info!