PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Warriors 6...

CelestialStarDust
02-04-2008, 12:23 AM
.........has ruined my favorite characters :cry: reasons??

1.They replaced Sun Shang Xiang's chakrams with a bow and arrow.
2.They replaced Zhen Ji's flute with a WHIP.
3.They replaced Diao Chan's maces with a whip.
4.Maybe 2 characters still have their original,characteristic weapons.
5.They don't even HAVE Da Qiao.
6.Zhou Yu looks like some odd mixture of himself,Zhang He,and Sima Yi.
7.Lu Xun looks like some indian kid.
8.Liu Bei LOST HIS MUSTACHE!!!

There are many,many,many more complaints,but I will share no more.What about the bright side??

1.Great graphics
2.Zhou Yu's voice is nice....for the japanese version.
3.Diao Chan has...flowers??

I don't know,I really liked this series,and all the little traits that I loved about each character seemed to have vanished.Does anyone else know what I'm talking about??

Psychotic
02-04-2008, 12:26 AM
There can be nothing worse than the changes they made to Sima Yi between 4 and 5.

Jowy
02-04-2008, 12:31 AM
There can be nothing worse than the changes they made to Sima Yi between 4 and 5.

Elaborate, I've never played 5.

CelestialStarDust
02-04-2008, 12:38 AM
he looks.....creepy.in all of them,but in five....o.O

Cookie
02-04-2008, 12:44 AM
It would be boring if they didn't make changes, and essentially just a remake with updated graphics. :/ Sima Yi was pretty crap in DW5, because you had to be pretty much nose to nose with an enemy to land a melee attack. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this.

Tasura
02-04-2008, 12:47 AM
My friend has been on my ass to get Dynasty warriors: Gundam because he wants to play it. But in regards to the topic at hand, I've not played any of the newest ones, well, I've played 5 and 5 Extreme, other than that just 3.

Caraliz
02-04-2008, 01:08 AM
i still need to get DW 5. ;_;

Psychotic
02-04-2008, 01:58 AM

Elaborate, I've never played 5.In DW4 his voice was perfect. It had such a spiteful and sneering quality to it, and it suited the character down to the ground. "Well, if it isn't the lowly Ma Su!" Brilliant. In DW5 they changed the voice actor to a whiny nasally twatmuffin.

Not even going to talk about what they did to his outfit. (http://www.koei.com/dw5xl/war/sima_yi.jpg)

Jowy
02-04-2008, 02:01 AM
Ohmygay, Batman.

Caraliz
02-04-2008, 02:21 AM
I always knew Sima Yi was a flamer. :love:

Psychotic
02-04-2008, 02:33 AM
Too much time spent with Zhang He will do this to a person.

Madame Adequate
02-04-2008, 02:49 AM
Except that Zhang He is awesome and spending time with him would more likely take you from DW5 Sima Yi to DW4 Sima Yi.

DW 3 was the best so far. Will 6 exceed it?!

Caraliz
02-04-2008, 02:54 AM
Also I am absolutely enraged that they switched the chakrams with a bow & arrow. We ALL know that only flamers use those. :mad2:

The Amazing Spiderman
02-04-2008, 03:44 PM
What about Gan Ning and Ling Tong?

Ling Tong looks like he's hanging around with Zhang He.

Gan Ning looks like Keiji Maeda from Samurai Warriors, but with Lu Xun's swords, and he doesn't look like a pirate to me. =/

Zhou Tai looks awesome, Shredder looking as always.

And I'm gonna miss Pang De and Xing Cai.

CelestialStarDust
02-05-2008, 06:34 AM
Gan Ning has left himself behind somewhere.....I think all the guys spent too much time with Zhang He.Heck,Liu Bei lost his mustache,i think we all know what THAT means....

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s315/MeetMeWithTheGods/Dynasty%20Warriors/Dynasty%20Warriors%206%20Art/OC/a-zhanghe.jpg

I mean,I thought he was a MAN.....look at those three inch heels and thigh high stockings!!

The Amazing Spiderman
02-05-2008, 11:17 PM
And from all the characters, in my opinion the best looking are:

- Zhao Yun
- Ma Chao
- Wei Yan
- Cao Pi
- Zhen Ji
- Zhou Tai
- Sun Ce
- Sun Quan
- Lu Bu
- Diao Chan

And seriously, it does seems that everyone got a free coupon from a Zhang He's Boutique shop. Damn.
I'm gonna miss some weapons, too. Like Ling Tong's Nunchakus, Guan Ping's Gigantic Sword, and Gan Ning's Sword.

The game looks great, anyway. Let's hope these changes are for the greater good. I'm planning on getting it when I see it.

Shiny
02-06-2008, 04:19 AM
I am Cao Pi.

Caraliz
02-06-2008, 04:33 AM
Gan Ning has left himself behind somewhere.....I think all the guys spent too much time with Zhang He.Heck,Liu Bei lost his mustache,i think we all know what THAT means....

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s315/MeetMeWithTheGods/Dynasty%20Warriors/Dynasty%20Warriors%206%20Art/OC/a-zhanghe.jpg

I mean,I thought he was a MAN.....look at those three inch heels and thigh high stockings!!
that is supergay.

CelestialStarDust
02-06-2008, 05:26 AM
And from all the characters, in my opinion the best looking are:

- Zhao Yun
- Ma Chao
- Wei Yan
- Cao Pi
- Zhen Ji
- Zhou Tai
- Sun Ce
- Sun Quan
- Lu Bu
- Diao Chan

And seriously, it does seems that everyone got a free coupon from a Zhang He's Boutique shop. Damn.
I'm gonna miss some weapons, too. Like Ling Tong's Nunchakus, Guan Ping's Gigantic Sword, and Gan Ning's Sword.

The game looks great, anyway. Let's hope these changes are for the greater good. I'm planning on getting it when I see it.

All the guys have the same weapons now,and so do all the girls.I DO hope it's for the greater good,I'm just so sad that they would take out those things.

The Amazing Spiderman
02-06-2008, 05:46 AM
Hey, I just watched Ling Tong's Gameplay. You don't know how much am I gonna miss those Nunchakus now. More than ever. =(

There are some many things you can do now on the game, right? Like swimming. Whoa. And the Red Hare looks awesome.

I've saw Sun Jian, and looks, eh, ok to me. But, did they improve some of his movements? From the Big three, he's my favorite.

Fear the Tiger of Jiang Dong!

Psychotic
02-06-2008, 10:18 PM
What weapon does Ling Tong have in place of his Nunchakus? Because those things were awesome.

And I thought Sun Jian was replaced by Sun Quan as a member of the big three (as he was in reality) in DW5?

The Amazing Spiderman
02-07-2008, 01:07 AM
Ling Tong's new weapon is a spear. Compared the when he had de nunchakus, Ling Tong is slower, and you get the feel that you're using Lu Meng somehow.

Well, and about ht e big three, I don't know. The Sun Family had a the whole familiy leading them. All of them have their outstanding moments.

But, for this case, KOEI has stated on a way that the Big three are Liu Bei, Cao Cao and Sun Jian. On DW4, your main commander was always one of them depending on what dynasty you chose, and if you aren't controlloing them.

On DW5, only those three characters got 8-9 stages on their story mode. Cao Pi and Sun Quan got six, if I remember correctly. Keep on mind that both Cao Pi and Sun Quan were the succesors of their Kingdoms.

Why did they show those three as the big cheeses? Maybe because you hear of them at the Yellow Turban Rebellion, and fighting Dong Zhuo at Si Shui Gate and Hu Lao Gate (Althought Sun Jian's Morale was greatly lost on the first one due to the provisions.), those battles were at some point the bases of what the Romance of Three Kingdoms is, and which three rulers could conquer the land.

CelestialStarDust
02-07-2008, 04:37 AM
all the guys have spears except zhou yu,who weilds a pole,(yes,a POLE)and lu xun and gan ning who basically trade weapons.i haven't a clue WHY they did that though.