PDA

View Full Version : Summoner Class

MarkaDarkas
02-02-2008, 05:25 AM
Just curious what everyone thinks about the summoner class? Ive been pounding though the game the past few days to unlock my SMN..Is he worth actually using?

Shlup
02-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Rather than reviving a thread that died many months ago, I made this post into a new thread. Go nuts!

...But not too nuts.

Evastio
02-04-2008, 04:19 AM
If you're not playing the DS Version I'd wait until you get a Sage since they can also use summoning magic and they have more MP.

If not then you might want to use a Summoner if you prefer magic that's more damaging than black magic that hits everyone but can be used less often.

Elpizo
02-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Summoning beats Black Magic any day (unfortunately for the Black Mage and the Magus/Warlock). A summoner is always worth using, both in the DS as NES version. Especially when you have Odin, Leviathan and Bahamut. I'm using one in my current NES playthrough (I refuse to use Ninja and Sage this time) and he's a powerhouse with Bahamut and Leviathan at his fingertips. ^^

Bahamut2000X
02-04-2008, 03:32 PM
I used the Summoner a little bit just to mess around. Over all I prefered the Worlock though. Meh I'm not a huge summoner lover.

Crossblades
02-05-2008, 12:05 AM
In the DS version, I would make Arc(he's my main magician)alternate between Summoner and Magus, as I find both Black Magic and Summoning Magic useful. So yeah, make the effort of getting Summoner if you want to stick with one type of attack magic