PDA

View Full Version : Under Ulti's Castle

Serapy
02-04-2008, 04:07 AM
There's a huge deformed river flowing through the air, the location of the river is below the castle of Ulti.

What do they call it? Time is a river?
The basic of time travel is that there are different timelines, flowing into one river, tending to co-exist. As we have seen events in the timelines but I wonder where does each timeline/river bifurcate or split?

Why do you think the castle is near the river? The castle was from somewhere in time (neither past or future) , it wasn't present.

Namelessfengir
02-04-2008, 06:12 AM
if the castle isn't from before, now, or later then when can it be from?

The Last Oath
02-04-2008, 10:15 AM
The castle is in the past as Dr Odine said, even if the world is already time compressed ulti and her castle still exist in the "past" area of the time flow for this is where Ellone sent them on her own will. It probably got destroyed after squall and the gang killed her and the only thing left is that light house u can see on the beach of edea's house... Unless ulti's house got warped during time travel after the 2nd time warp(after the last battle) and ended up in the salt lake which is covered under ice or something, although the chances are that her castle was sent again the the past after she was defeated so she could try compressing time again.

Serapy
03-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Dr Odine isn't telling the truth fully.

The time flow river under the castle is turning anti-counterwise.
The neon (the thing where u switch party) inside the Castle also turns anti-counterwise.

Anti-counterwise = going back to the past.
Counterwise = going back to the future.

And you know the blocked cities where you can't enter? The time flow (purple) of those blocked cities TURN counterwise.

So this means that everything is unchanging, you are middle of no where from the past and future as well as present. Unchanging, why? Because if you kill Ulti, it won't change the fact that she was born.

Go see them in the game if you want.

Big D
03-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Dr Odine never said that the castle is in the past... Serapy's misconstruing again.

I assumed that the 'river' under the castle was some kind of artificial waterway - part of the castle's own plumbing or ornamental facilities. After all, the castle's suspended in the air, so a natural river seems very unlikely, especially since we never see any evidence of water falling off the edge and back to the ground.
I was always more intrigued by the giant manta ray hovering near the door to Ultimecia's throne room. Statue? Lazy guardian? Superboss that never got around to it?

Serapy
03-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Dr Odine never said that the castle is in the past... Serapy's misconstruing again.

I assumed that the 'river' under the castle was some kind of artificial waterway - part of the castle's own plumbing or ornamental facilities. After all, the castle's suspended in the air, so a natural river seems very unlikely, especially since we never see any evidence of water falling off the edge and back to the ground.
I was always more intrigued by the giant manta ray hovering near the door to Ultimecia's throne room. Statue? Lazy guardian? Superboss that never got around to it?

I didn't say that, I meant that Odine should of have added more detail, so we would understand better.

But the basic of Time Travel is that if you turn counterwise rapidly, you go into the future faster but if you turn anti-counterwise, you go back to the past faster.

Actually, I understand better now. When you see the Ulti Castle, it's still in effect of TC, not just Time Travel because TC and TT are different things.

So maybe it's the opposite?
anti-counterwise = future
counterwise = past.

Because TC is different. It compresses everything in a different way, not the same way as how Time Travel works.

Okay, let`s say, the blocked cities were counterwise-ing = processing the "past" timeline. Squall and the party didn't exist in that timeline because it has happened before they were born. That might explain why they couldn't enter the cities. As for the castle being Anti-Clockwise-ing, they could enter it because it's the Future (they can enter the future data after they were born).

At the end of the game, Squall did indeed went back to the past, but that was because Small Squall existed in the past timeline, that's why Squall can go back to that timeline. What I mean is that Squall cannot go back to the past BEFORE Squall was originally born.