PDA

View Full Version : Forum Description FINAL VOTE

Del Murder
02-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Here are your finalists:

1. Discuss the first true Final Fantasy sequel here! With none of those pesky swords!
2. Because saving the world once wasn't enough.
3. A camel is a horse designed by a committee. Discuss the Square-Enix game designed by that camel.
4. It's like marmite, you either love it or you hate it.
5. Discuss the Final Fantasy that resembles a sticky, brown, pungent, savoury yeast spread that is great on toast. (this was in response to the marmite one)
6. The one with the gun. Now where the hell's my sword?

Vote will close whenever I feel like it.

Big D
02-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Oh god... I didn't think any of those suggestions would actually be taken seriously...

By the way - 4 and 5 are basically the same thing. Only 4 says Marmite, whereas 5 just describes it. 5 sure wouldn't make a valid description on its own.

Out of all those, I suppose 1 is probably the best option. At least it matches the general theme of the descriptions here...

Nifleheim7
02-04-2008, 11:00 AM
#2 is very catchy but i also like #3...decisions,decisions...

Ouch!
02-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Six, imo.

leader of mortals
02-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Oh come on! Its 4!

Jessweeee♪
02-04-2008, 02:32 PM
The last one fits with the other forum descriptions!
Big Sword, Gun Sword, Water Sword, Gun?

Tabris
02-04-2008, 02:34 PM
The first one, without a doubt.

Markus. D
02-08-2008, 05:57 AM
2 choices on there are absolutely awful.... I'll hate you all personally if you choose them ^^~

Number 6 ^^~

Karellen
02-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Oh good, the most derivative title is winning.

Voted 3.

LunarWeaver
02-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Holy crap, I need some of that camel in my life.

Markus. D
02-10-2008, 09:16 PM
*Equips Scythe*

;\...

Actually in all serious-ness, why bring up a title that sounds like it's paying out the game?

New people/lurkers will see it and think that this forum doesnt take a thing seriously... :| or something.

Tavrobel
02-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Six is the only one that makes sense.

Roogle
02-15-2008, 03:56 PM
I voted for the second option because I feel that the sixth option is not necessarily applicable because of the way that the job system works.

Tavrobel
02-16-2008, 10:39 PM
One could argue that because of the Job system, "where the hell's my sword" is applicable on the grounds that the question gets answered. In multiple ways, actually, even if the most direct answer is a completely new sword.

The first is out of the question. Who is to decide what makes a true sequel? FFV had Crystals as its sequel. It wasn't a game, but it's not like it lost much by being turned into OVAs, anyways. Furthermore, the swords that Tidus and Auron used are still in the game. You can't make the argument that FFX-2 is a true sequel, and at the same time, ignore FFV's sequel. You can try, but it's hypocritical and smacks of failure and ignorance. Unlike FFV's sequel, FFX-2 provides a raw factory of contradictions, misunderstandings, and a plot that is neither unique nor remotely interesting. I could go on and on about how much FFX-2 makes FFX worse for existing, but we already know my stance on that.

Two only borderline works. The object of Sin is not to destroy the world (though, it is of Seymour's), but to prolong the Dream. If it happens to kill people, it is both not the prime reason, and that it would be feasible due to a revenge factor. If Sin killed everyone, it would be a self-defeating situation.

The third will simply cause QQ. It is not the opinion of the whole FF populace that FFX-2 sucks (even though it does). Furthermore, the Camel that designed the game was also involved in most of the other games, as well; in essence, you'd be indirectly dissing everything else. Not can do. QQ. lol rhyming.

Four and five are like running gags that need to stop. Clever, but the effect would be lost on too many people. FFX-2 isn't even like Marmite, either. This could work, but only if you change FFX's description, too. And that would break the continuity of the descriptions of the Sony-dominated-era FFs.

Six is the only one that makes sense, I reiterate. FFVIII had a gunblade, but it didn't fire. So why call it a gun at all? It isn't! It's a Gunblade. The main focus of the game doesn't revolve around the main warrior, Paine, either. It's Yuna's continuation; example, Steiner had a sword in FFIX, but because he's not the main character, so FFIX's description is as such, "was it a SWORD tail?"

XxSephirothxX
02-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Think you might be reading a little too much into that last one. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2001/08/17) :p

Tavrobel
02-17-2008, 01:14 AM
The sentiment still applies, even if it does come from Penny Arcade.

Thanks, though. I knew EoFFers wouldn't be smart enough to come up with that on their own.

Goldenboko
02-17-2008, 04:43 AM
I'd laugh if we went through all this trouble, and suddenly no one posts in here anymore and it gets shoved with FFX anyway.

Jessweeee♪
02-17-2008, 04:52 AM
Wouldn't be surprising after the changes to the FFVII forums :p

Del Murder
02-19-2008, 01:37 AM
Looks like we have a winner. Can't say it was my favorite choice, but the people have spoken.