PDA

View Full Version : Why won't it work?!

dragontamer
02-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Why can't I upload images?! I've been trying to do it for a while now, but it's like the.... the.... something.... doesnt understand my request, cause although it takes about half an hour, none of my new pictures are uploaded!!!! I know that it's not too big, one of the ones i've been trying to upload is only 10.0mb, and i dont think that that is too big, do you?

Bahamut2000X
02-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Where are you uploading them to? Is it the right format as most upload type things are picky about the format.

Rostum
02-04-2008, 09:39 PM
10MB for a picture is way too big.

o_O
02-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Yes, 10MB is giant for a picture. EoFF's limit for any file is 0.5MB. :p

Most likely you either have it saved as a bitmap (.bmp) or it's an image with very large dimensions (directly from a digital camera, for example).

If it's a bitmap open it in Paint and choose File > Save as; in the drop down box at the bottom change it to png, jpg or gif.

If it's just really big, you need to change the size. You can do that in MSPaint too, from one menu (can't remember which), select Scale, and change the size. If you just upload it to Photobucket, it'll resize for you depending on what it does with excessive filesize.

dragontamer
02-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks for telling me, that probably is the problem! I didnt realise that the limit was 0.5MB.:mad: Its a nero photosnap image and it is a scan from the original A4 picture, highlighted in black fountain pen ink and coloured in pencil. I was trying to upload it in EoFF's pencil and paintbrushes section. other than the size, is there anything else that i need to change? :confused:

:D Thanks again!:D

EDIT you were right o-O, i'd saved it as a bit map. i've changed it to a JPG and it is now 691KB - is this still too big? mega bytes... killa bytes.... whatever they are they dont make much sense to me:mog: !!!!

starseeker
02-07-2008, 05:04 PM
It's still too big, 691kb = 0.6mb (1000kb = 1mb)
You should maybe try and scale it down

o_O
02-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah, as star said it's still slightly too big. Try to reduce the size of it using the method in my first post, or else upload it to Photobucket/Sendspace and post a link here so that I or somebody else can resize it for you. :p

Rostum
02-16-2008, 05:51 AM
I once downloaded a 700mb image file. It was fantastic. It was this high definition image of another galaxy that was taken through a high powered telescope (I think the resolution was in the double thousand digits).