PDA

View Full Version : A thread showing the time correspondence of locations.

Future Esthar
02-04-2008, 09:52 PM
On this thread I will point many links between places which are the SAME.
I will put what I believe.

Timber IS Winhill on the future.
Esthar city IS Timber on the future.
Lunar Gate is the missil base on the future(no,it isnīt tottaly destroyed as you can see on the field).
Lunatic Pandora Lab is Desert Prison on the future.
Esthar sorceress memorial is Dollet on the future.
Tears Point is Deling city on the future.

I will write more later.

Goldenboko
02-04-2008, 11:30 PM
What? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Serapy
02-05-2008, 01:27 AM

Do you know that TC can change the positions of things through every generation? They don't change fast, but rather slowly, reaching to the future.

Avarice-ness
02-05-2008, 02:00 AM

Do you know that TC can change the positions of things through every generation? They don't change fast, but rather slowly, reaching to the future.

"What that makes no sense whatsoever." is another saying for, "How did you figure this out and where's the hard proof?"

Aerith's Knight
02-05-2008, 02:22 AM
you know that dumb ideas are your theories in the future?

now with the real response: wheres the proof.. this is even less likely then rinoa=Ulti=squall=zell=big black guy

Goldenboko
02-05-2008, 03:23 AM

OMG! DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT A WENDIGO LANDS ON ITS BACK AFTER GETTING HIT BY A MAGIC ATTACK AND CONTINUES TO SHOT PULSE AMMO OUT OF ITS MOUTH!?!?!?!??!?!??!

Just because you say something, that doesn't make it true.

A. You have no proof to that claim you just made.

B. Consider this, the only part of the game that was confirmed to be time Compressed was the end of the game on disc four. ALL OF THE TOWNS WHERE IN THE SAME SPOTS. Unaccessible, but in the same places.

Serapy
02-05-2008, 03:53 AM
Ok..

Things being deformed before/during TC due to the absorbing process (as explained in the TC fmv). After TC, things return back to normal positions but there `s a chance that the positions of things can go wrong due to the deformation/shockwaves.

Deformation/Shockwaves = can cause natural disasters (you see it in the game).
From the effect, it has caused flood, so the skeletons of the bosses from the castle have been moved to a different location (Great Salt Lake). We see it in the game. But when the next Ulti uses TC again and again and again, the positions of the locations will be messed up (much worse). So the FE post in this thread suggest where the locations should be, in the future.

With this effect, that's how TC can kill people.

Goldenboko
02-05-2008, 03:56 AM
Appearently you just completely ignored me posting this...

OMG! DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT A WENDIGO LANDS ON ITS BACK AFTER GETTING HIT BY A MAGIC ATTACK AND CONTINUES TO SHOT PULSE AMMO OUT OF ITS MOUTH!?!?!?!??!?!??!

Just because you say something, that doesn't make it true.

A. You have no proof to that claim you just made.

Until you show evidence that this is even subtly implied, I won't even bother pointing out contradictions.

Serapy
02-05-2008, 04:02 AM
I already did. Have you watched the video yet? I guess not.
FE has evidences for the 'new position of the bosses' theory - http://forums.eyesonff.com/2413628-post34.html The video even sums up the theory as well.

Goldenboko
02-05-2008, 04:11 AM
THAT ISN'T EVIDENCE!

That is interpretation! I look and that and I see bones. You look at that and go, "hey... that kinda looks like Tri-Point." Thats proves, zilch, nothing, zip, nadda.

Now, perhaps if you pointed out a quote in the game that said something like Dr. Odine saying, "There is no time. Time is an illusion, everything is now, compressed." Then you have a valid argument. Sure it doesn't outright say your theory is true, but its actual dialogue, and actual info given to you by Square.

Let me point out one "Squall of SeeD" theory about FFIX.
GameFAQs: Final Fantasy IX (PS) Plot Analysis by Squall_of_SeeD (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197338/36121)

Notice how he always makes actual references to storyline, dialogue and game concepts. THAT'S evidence. THAT provides an argument. Pointing out how bones look like bosses doesn't prove anything.

Avarice-ness
02-05-2008, 04:14 AM
Notice how he always makes actual references to storyline, dialogue and game concepts. THAT'S evidence. THAT provides an argument. Pointing out how bones look like bosses doesn't prove anything.

Even in the PS3 age, video game designers use repeat mappings for things used before to make the enironment process go faster.

All you need is a basic mapping, in this case the bosses, then color them differently or press a few buttons to give them different skins, it's alot easier than having to make new skeletons or skeleton sets for the area.

Serapy
02-05-2008, 04:27 AM
THAT ISN'T EVIDENCE!

That is interpretation! I look and that and I see bones. You look at that and go, "hey... that kinda looks like Tri-Point." Thats proves, zilch, nothing, zip, nadda.

Now, perhaps if you pointed out a quote in the game that said something like Dr. Odine saying, "There is no time. Time is an illusion, everything is now, compressed." Then you have a valid argument. Sure it doesn't outright say your theory is true, but its actual dialogue, and actual info given to you by Square.

Let me point out one "Squall of SeeD" theory about FFIX.
GameFAQs: Final Fantasy IX (PS) Plot Analysis by Squall_of_SeeD (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197338/36121)

I feel so sad, you ignored me. You didn't actually watch the video. The video really sums up everything about the theory, it shows deformations and shockwaves = new positions caused by those effects (natural disasters).

You asked me for "evidences", I gave you the "evidences" but in my point of view, the "evidences" term for FF8 theories are actually speculations based on the game.

The dialogues really don't prove anything. All FF8 characters don't know the full story about TC amongst other things.

This "o noes, prove this or that, gimme evidences" thing is really boring.

Namelessfengir
02-05-2008, 04:57 AM
This "o noes, prove this or that, gimme evidences" thing is really boring.

and this "another :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty theory every two damn days" is so fucking weak. and yet for some reason i keep reading these threads hoping for a theory that actually has some basis in logic and reason

Future Esthar
02-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Even in the PS3 age, video game designers use repeat mappings for things used before to make the enironment process go faster.

All you need is a basic mapping, in this case the bosses, then color them differently or press a few buttons to give them different skins, it's alot easier than having to make new skeletons or skeleton sets for the area.

Typical excuse people do to ignore the obvious.
GSL is the terrain of Edeaīs house on the future.
This place was flooded and the holes we see on it represent the actual sea before the flood.

And Serapy,you donīt understood my theory.
The time compression we see on the end of the game is an holographic illusion generated by Lunatic Pandoraīs walls.
The Pandora is a time machine.It taked our characters to the past.In fact the events happening on the castle are happening near the Trabia Crater(original place of the castle) but it is concealed by the Pandoraīs walls.It happened when Laguna made his movie.
That is the symbolic meaning of the "dragon and sorceress" thingy and the "this dragon isnīt fake" thing.
Square is trying to tell us that while Laguna is making this movie similar real events are happening inside the pandora.
In fact the three portals are the three elevators of the Pandora.The elevators path converges to each other as they go up.
That answers the argument about the portals seeming to be closer than the elevators.
These elevators are also Time machines.

Aerith's Knight
02-05-2008, 02:49 PM
im not alone any more :)

Future Esthar
02-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Serapy,there were many geological catastrophes which changed the world.These werenīt provoked by TC.

And you canīt trust what Odine is saying because he is the true villain of FF8.

My theories are self evident.They are just confused because we are talking about a world divided on many eras.People time travel without realizing when they use some vehicles.

Raebus
02-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Oh FE, I don't believe any of these because they really do not make sense. You do make me smile though.

Serapy
02-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Serapy,there were many geological catastrophes which changed the world.These werenīt provoked by TC.

My theories are self evident.They are just confused because we are talking about a world divided on many eras.People time travel without realizing when they use some vehicles.

I thought TC can cause geological catastrophes, due to deformations/shockwaves.

and, Dr Odine, I don't care. I have never talked with him before.

Goldenboko
02-05-2008, 08:06 PM

Typical excuse people do to ignore the obvious.

No, but that is a typical response to a flaw in a theory.

Play through the entire series, you'll see that Square often reuses sprites with different color themes. Not just square does this, but many game makers. They try to maximize results with minimal effort. I myself have done this when creating games. Its a very old, very known, parlor trick, denying its use is ignorance.

GSL is the terrain of Edeaīs house on the future.
This place was flooded and the holes we see on it represent the actual sea before the flood.

And Serapy,you donīt understood my theory.
The time compression we see on the end of the game is an holographic illusion generated by Lunatic Pandoraīs walls.
The Pandora is a time machine.It taked our characters to the past.In fact the events happening on the castle are happening near the Trabia Crater(original place of the castle) but it is concealed by the Pandoraīs walls.It happened when Laguna made his movie.
That is the symbolic meaning of the "dragon and sorceress" thingy and the "this dragon isnīt fake" thing.
Square is trying to tell us that while Laguna is making this movie similar real events are happening inside the pandora.
In fact the three portals are the three elevators of the Pandora.The elevators path converges to each other as they go up.
That answers the argument about the portals seeming to be closer than the elevators.
These elevators are also Time machines.

Listen to yourself. None of this has been stated in game. None of this has been hinted in the game, and that matters. In video games the only way for a game maker to give you story is through direct dialogue, therefore the word in the game is the most important, and you've yet to ever back up anything with a quote.

This statement makes me want to punch you in the face.

Albert Einstien was quite possibly the smartest person to ever grace this earth, and not once did he ever say his any of his theories are "self evident". He had to back everything he said. You've yet to back anything, and none of your theories are "self evident" because they are never stated in game.

A. You've still never provided evidence that FFVIII is time compressed, although I know you'll skip this part of the post, as there is none, or give me some other "self evident" theory.

B. There is nothing to say Dr. Odine is even a bad guy. He helps you get through time compression, and defeat Ulti the main Villian, last time I checked, bad guys don't do that.

Serapy
02-05-2008, 10:36 PM
1) In the beginning of the process, shockwaves are happening

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1188/shockwavele5.gif

2) It forms everything, dripping and started deforming.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9688/deformationae0.gif

During the process of shockwaves and deformations, they change positions.

So, what happens when you unconvert TC? Just like the effects from the beginning of TC, but opposite. So eventually, they return back to normal positions. But what if something goes wrong after TC being compressed? TC is not perfect.

Paul
02-06-2008, 10:22 PM
haha this is crazy, but i think that in theory, if time compression did take place, that means it would have merged all time periods, including the time period during which you are playing the game

Future Esthar
02-06-2008, 11:23 PM
1) In the beginning of the process, shockwaves are happening

2) It forms everything, dripping and started deforming.

That is an illusion generated by the walls of the Pandora.

A. You've still never provided evidence that FFVIII is time compressed, although I know you'll skip this part of the post, as there is none, or give me some other "self evident" theory.

One can easily see that is the case if one tries to think what changes would occur between the two times.This and the layout of the places.
And they relative positions to each other.Too many coincidences to say the layout was just the programmers laziness.

Kawaii Ryûkishi
02-06-2008, 11:52 PM
The fanfiction forum is here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/writers-corner/).