PDA

View Full Version : Why Red Mages are awesome (like anyone else was going to make this thread)

Captain Maxx Power
02-05-2008, 01:38 AM
So yeah, Red Mages are super cool. They can use most of the more damaging weapons in the game, they can heal, they can buff, they can do damage to large groups of enemies and to top it all off they have super sweet hats. So what if they can't use all of the equipment or spells in the game. Their versatility more than covers them. Also, did I mention the hat?

NeoCracker
02-05-2008, 02:58 AM
I'd also Like to Mention my Red Mage Maxx, is currently superior to my Red Mage Ouch, in all catagories except for luck.

But since real Red Mages don't run away anyways, Maxx is superior to Ouch in every catagory.

Sorry Ouch, some of us just weren't cut out to be Red Mages.

rubah
02-05-2008, 03:15 AM
I've been pretty disappointed in my red mage, but I have a pretty generally positive regard for them otherwise.

Bahamut2000X
02-05-2008, 04:52 AM
Early on mine was a god. But after class change and level 16-ish he started to fall down in comparison to everyone else and became just a buffer/healer, and nuked only to clear out large groups of enemies.

escobert
02-05-2008, 05:16 AM
I <3 my red mage!

Zeromus_X
02-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Haste.

KoShiatar
02-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Maxx is going to kill me for this, but I don't like Red Mages. é_è
I usually go for massive damage rather than versatility. But Monk/Black Belt isn't my favourite class, either, because their defense just stinks.

Captain Maxx Power
02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Maxx is going to kill me for this, but I don't like Red Mages. é_è

*kills* :mad2:

You don't like 'em, go make a thread about you not liking 'em. This is purely for those who realise the amazingness of the Red Mage.

Del Murder
02-07-2008, 01:46 AM
*all red mage party*

After I got Silver Swords it was like sweet! But now that I have all the magic I can get and still half the game to play it's like um...

It is fun to have everyone cast Bolt2 and then finish it off with swords though.

Ouch!
02-07-2008, 02:42 AM
Do I really need to voice my opinion on the matter?

Denmark
02-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Red Mages make for a fun game. I approve.

ReloadPsi
02-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Black Mages fail because they can't stay alive long enough to use their spells which then run out while your Fighter/Red Mage does the same damage with a sword anyway.

White Mages fail because they can't stay alive long enough to restore their own HP with their own curative spells.

Red Mage wins.

Heath
02-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Red Mages are rather awesome. Although I've gone for a rather boring, RM-less game, I certainly appreciate how great they are. It's just nice to have that versatility in character that they can be depended upon for pretty much whatever you want in battle. Even if, sadly, their shine starts to fade a bit as the game goes on.

KentaRawr!
02-25-2008, 04:06 AM
If I don't have a Red Mage in my party, it just doesn't feel right. When playing, I need a Fighter, Red Mage, White Mage, and a Black Mage. Mages are needed! Otherwise, I'm playing, and I'm like "Oh, my entire party is hurt, and one guy is hurt more! I'll have my White Mage heal everyone, and my Red Mage heal one guy." and then I'm like "OH NO I DON'T HAVE A REDMAGE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Yeah. Pretty much.

Obsidian
04-04-2008, 04:40 PM
I always use a Red Mage/White Mage combo for my party's magic. I never needed Nuke, anyway.

Melodies of Life
04-06-2008, 10:32 AM
The one time I used Red Mage when I played through the game I regretted it.

Best combo is Fighter, Thief, White Mage, and Black Mage.

Relapse
04-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Redness... Oooh...

And also the ability to wield swords and use both magic. It's like a warrior, WM and BM all rolled into one. But still, a party of W, M, WM, BM is better than 4 RMs for some reason :confused:

ljkkjlcm9
04-06-2008, 03:16 PM
It all depends on what version of the game you are playing.

If it's the NES version, the best party with out repeats, is Fighter, Thief, Black Belt, Red Mage. Later in the game magic becomes pretty useless and early on it's so limited anyways. The spells you really need to hit a large group, become usable through items. Unlike later versions, the spells do a set amount of damage no matter what. So just let your fighting characters use the items. The Red mage can heal, and attack, which is really the only magic you might need.

In later versions, this changes, especially when MP is added. Then Black mage becomes a good addition. White mage can be good too, when you finally get some white magic attack spells.

THE JACKEL

Iten
04-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Well, in my opinion RM is class just for support. I mean, I have 24 with my party already (in DoS, after class change) and probably RW is the weakest char in my team (K, RW, WW, BW). I remembered from NES version that he was very good char, quite big physical and magical dmg, good hp and mp and quite nice def. In DoS he's good physicaly but his intelligence is terrible, he does about 4x less magical dmg from spells than my BW. And (instead of NES version) he have a lot less hp that my WW. The only thing he's good at now in my party is supporting the rest like casting buffs, Nul-spells, status spells (like Focara or Confuse), healing etc.

So IMO RM/RW is, of course good character, but as acompany for WM/WW in supporting (having some BM/BW spells are big "+" for him)... Well, ok, and eventually fighting with his swordie ;p