PDA

View Full Version : In a fit of ultimate stupidity...

scrumpleberry
02-05-2008, 04:49 PM
...I've deleted all of my Sims 2 downloads, and now I realise that I really want them back and it's messed up my game quite a bit.

I'm using Windows XP. Can I use system restore to get these back? I read somewhere that it doesn't affect personal files (I'm assuming these would be included as it's saved under my documents...), but I can recall seeing a friend of mine use system restore to get back a file under my documents.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:cookie:

Roto13
02-05-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't think system restore would do anything for you. It really just changes the settings and stuff.

When you delete something from your computer, it doesn't disappear. Your computer just protects the spot where it is from being overwritten with new data. Theoretically, it might be possible to use a certain kind of program (I forget what it's called) to salvage it.

However, Windows likes to write data all over the place, so the odds of your Sims 2 files still being there are very slim, unless you just deleted them, like, a minute ago. :(

Peegee
02-05-2008, 08:38 PM
As Roto said, the more you wait, and more importantly the more data you just copy into your computer, the less your chance of data recovery.

Try this application. I have used it with amazing success. Recovered nearly 90% of my D drive after I accidentally wiped it. GG PG, GG

clickies (http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,64843-page,1-c,utilities/description.html)

scrumpleberry
02-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Nope, they're BEYOND REPAIRS. Thanks very much anyway guys, it was hardly vital so, you know, I'll live XD

Baloki
02-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Not still in the recycle bin?

blackmage_nuke
02-06-2008, 11:14 AM
If you never delete your temporary internet files you may be able to redownload some without taking too much time.

But sometimes it doesnt work that way