PDA

View Full Version : Fly or Sail~

Jess
02-06-2008, 03:47 PM
If travelling to a different country, would you rather go on a plane or on a boat?

I'd rather travel via flight, because I once went on a cruise from Tunisia to Egypt and it made me so sick. I couldn't eat, or walk around or even sit still without my stomach tossing and turning. The boat didn't have stabilisers and was constantly rocking, even thinking about it makes me feel ick! I've been put off travelling by boat because of this.

The only thing I don't like about flying is that my ears really hurt when taking off and landing. It's something to do with them not adjusting to the airplanes pressure changes. Ouch! :jess:

Rantz
02-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Definitely boat. Flying has its charm but I prefer being able to walk around freely.

Yamaneko
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
If I'm going to travel I want to get to my destination as fast as possible. Long boat or train trips are extremely boring.

Breine
02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
I don't get sea sick or anything, but I'd prefer to fly on a plane just because it's faster, more convenient and cheaper I guess. I've travelled on boats before (e.g. to England - it took around 18 hours one way) and it was totally fine, but it just seems to me that if you have to travel by boat you'd have to make more out of it, y'know like a trip or an experience rather than just seeing the boat as a way of transporting yourself from one place to another.

Jess
02-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I don't get sea sick or anything, but I'd prefer to fly on a plane just because it's faster, more convenient and cheaper I guess. I've travelled on boats before (e.g. to England - it took around 18 hours one way) and it was totally fine, but it just seems to me that if you have to travel by boat you'd have to make more out of it, y'know like a trip or an experience rather than just seeing the boat as a way of transporting yourself from one place to another.
Yeah, before I went on the cruise to Egypt I was really looking forward to it. There was a lot to do, there were arcades, a swimming pool, a restaurant, bars and we had our own cabins etc. I didn't get to do any of these things because I spent the majority of my time lying in bed feeling terribly ill. The journey seemed to take forever. I'd much rather go for the quicker option now. :jess:

ThundagAuron
02-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Well, I've been on plane trips numerous times, but never taken a journey by boat, so I'll say boat. Need some variety, after all.

The fact that I'd actually have a horizontal sleep is benefactor, for sure :D

Luara
02-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Im afraid of flying, so boat

fire_of_avalon
02-06-2008, 04:34 PM
I've never sailed, but the ocean is scary and so are really big boats. I don't like either of 'em. I know I'll probably get on one someday, but for now I'd rather fly.

Miriel
02-06-2008, 06:27 PM
I would looooove to take a Cruise around the Hawaiian islands or around the Mediterranean. But in order to get to where the cruise starts, I would fly. :p

escobert
02-06-2008, 06:28 PM
while taking a cruise is fun I much more enjoy getting there and doing what I want :p

Zeldy
02-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Plane, I get terrible sea-sickness, ugh :p It was in Tenerife and my parents booked just a little boat cruise to Los Gigantes to see all the dolphins and Whales, but I was just so sick. They cooked us Spanish Omelette and everything, I had to refuse ;_;

Vermachtnis
02-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Plane, just for the speed. I wouldn't mind taking a cruise, but if I'm going somewhere I wanna get there and buy suvaniors and speak their language badly as soon as possible.

Heath
02-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Only boat I've been that I was old enough to appreciate is the lovely Dover-Calais ferry, which I've had the pleasure of several times. I quite enjoy the ferry because it's nice being able to walk around, have something to do and get some fresh air. Having said that, I've only ever flown to the United States and I think I'd much rather fly there than go by boat due to the length of such a trip.

Old Manus
02-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Sitting in a plane for >4 hours is like waiting to die. Sailing takes longer, but at least you can actually do something, and terrorists are going to find it tough to hijack a cruise liner and sail it at Mach 2 into the nearest tall building. Mainly because there are few tall buildings in the sea.

blackmage_nuke
02-06-2008, 08:07 PM
I wanna be a pirate! Yargh!

Parker
02-06-2008, 09:18 PM
As far as traveling somewhere, plane is best for me. I wouldn't want a boat trip longer than a few hours.

Going on a fishing trip is very relaxing though. A few beers and a few friends, awesome.

Rye
02-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Both is nice!

Cruises are niceeee. But I want to go on a Cruise around like, Europe. I went on a cruise to the Carribean and Bermuda, and that was fun, except that the not-Bermuda countries kind of sucked.

Psychotic
02-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Hmmm, on boats you can walk around a fair bit so you feel less confined, but turbulence on planes is a hell of a lot of fun. I don't know.

Caraliz
02-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I have never been on a long boat ride, so I'd like to try it, but generally I like plane rides better. :D

Lynx
02-06-2008, 11:33 PM
plane rides are boreing but boats and ships take longer. if its over a 6 hour flight id rather take a boat so i could walk around and entertain myself.

rubah
02-06-2008, 11:36 PM
The only boat I've been on was one I pushed around the pond. It'd kinda be neat to take a big ocean liner somewhere, but it'd take a long time and be expensive too, wouldn't it?

Faded Tears
02-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Probably airplane although I would be deathly scared.
I would choose a cruise but too many murders happen on them nowadays.

Yuffie514
02-08-2008, 03:24 AM
I rather go by plane, even if it could crash and go into water (so can a steamship, etc). I think I got seasick once and I prefer to get to my destination as soon as possible.

Loony BoB
02-08-2008, 10:23 AM
I do like planes for the long hauls. I'm cool with boats but don't care to stay on them for longer than an hour, at which point it gets a bit boring. Two hours max, I'd say. I assume you're not talking about cruise ships, though - I've never been on one so I don't know what it would be like. I understand they have enough to keep you entertained for sure, though while I'm young and impatient I imagine I'd still prefer plane for anything that would take a boat longer than two hours to get through.

I did enjoy a sail around with my mates in Auckland, likewise I enjoyed the ferry to Great Barrier Island (from Auckland) as there were dolphins skipping alongside the boat for half of the trip.