PDA

View Full Version : Fears

Jess
02-06-2008, 04:38 PM
What are you scared of, and how far do your fears go?

My biggest irrational fear is of spiders. I can't be in the same room as a spider without freaking out, yet alone one touching me. Even if a spider is contained in a box, I don't want to be anywhere near it. I can't bring myself to watch movies with spiders in, such as Arachnophobia and Eight Legged Freaks. I don't know where my fear of spiders came from, because according to my parents I used to always happily play with bugs when I was younger.

I'm also scared of jellyfish. If I'm at the beach I always watch where I'm walking incase there is one on the beach and I step on it. If I see a jellyfish in the water, I'll get out as quickly as possible and avoid going back in.

I also have little fears of things like wasps and daddy long legs.

Luara
02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
spiders and ghosts:eep: :eep: :eep:

fire_of_avalon
02-06-2008, 04:46 PM
My biggest irrational fear is of <strike>spiders</strike> cockroaches. I can't be in the same room as a <strike>spider</strike> cockroach without freaking out, yet alone one touching me. Even if a <strike>spider</strike> cockroach is contained in a box, I don't want to be anywhere near it. I can't bring myself to watch movies with <strike>spiders</strike> cockroaches in, such as <strike>Arachnophobia</strike> Joe's Apartment and <strike>Eight Legged Freaks</strike> Creepshow. I don't know where my fear of <strike>spiders</strike> cockroaches came from...

BardTard
02-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Getting pregnant. I would rather scratch my stomach open with my fingernails and rip out my reproductive organs with my bare hands, than get pregnant.

~*~Celes~*~
02-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Spiders and tornadoes =[

Zeldy
02-06-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm also scared of jellyfish. If I'm at the beach I always watch where I'm walking incase there is one on the beach and I step on it. If I see a jellyfish in the water, I'll get out as quickly as possible and avoid going back in.

I'm scared of them too, I got stung by one once, It didn't even hurt that much but it was just so sudden and I was on my own! I started screaming in the middle of the sea xD I refused to go back in after that.

I don't like spiders but I'm not afraid of them. Daddy long legs, though, make me cry like a 3 year old, I am petrified of them.

Vermachtnis
02-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Fire and dogs. I thought I was over my irrational fear of dogs, until the other day when a dog came walking towards me and I jump behind my friend and use her as a meatshield. And I just don't like fire, I'm always afraid near an open flame that its just a couple a second away of burning down the house or exploding into a huger fire.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Abandonment.

BardTard
02-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Fire and dogs. I thought I was over my irrational fear of dogs, until the other day when a dog came walking towards me and I jump behind my friend and use her as a meatshield. And I just don't like fire, I'm always afraid near an open flame that its just a couple a second away of burning down the house or exploding into a huger fire.

Crazy dogs that bark nonstop scare the crap out of me, but I was bitten by a dog once. :crying:

Fire on the other hand... :radred:

Dogs and fire combined... now THAT'S a totally different story. :evilking:

Except Lucy. I love Lucy! lol (Lucy is my uncle's dog)

OMG how many typos did I make typing this?! *fixes hopefully for the last time*

Blue Harvest
02-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Elevators. I've never been stuck in one but I hate em.

Mogi
02-06-2008, 09:03 PM
It's not really a fear, but I absolutely cannot stand the sight of blood. Even thinking about blood makes me get all queazy and weak.
x.x
And, instinctively, I get all balled up and feel like, if I get out of that balled-up position, my arms will split open or something.
o.o

Caraliz
02-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Abandonment.
Yup.

Aurey
02-06-2008, 10:19 PM
The internet.

Dolentrean
02-06-2008, 10:23 PM
I cant think of and irrational fears I have, though I do get nervous around bee's. I also can not stand it when someone touches my back, especially if I don't know they are there, and I have a strange fear of waking up.

stalpho slayer
02-06-2008, 10:46 PM
flying

Lynx
02-06-2008, 11:31 PM
i dont know yet. im always putting myself in death defying situations to see if im scared and nothing yet. id probabyl be a bit scared if i had to spend a night in the jungle alone i suppose? but ill spend a night in the forest around here in ny without anything and not be afraid at all.

stalpho slayer
02-07-2008, 09:47 PM
i dont know yet. im always putting myself in death defying situations to see if im scared and nothing yet.

like deciding what to ware for a date?:D

Nominus Experse
02-07-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm scared of holes thanks to lotus tit.

Araciel
02-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm afraid of typing...ohshi....I think I just crapped my pants :rolleyes2

Akaria
02-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Spiders, they're nasty little creatures, but I haven't been actually afraid of them since I trapped one underneath a clear tupperware and...well...made it's legs get caught under the wall of the tupperware and gently, lovingly sawed them off one by one. Mwahaha...

Tornadoes and fire are both AMAZING.

Bees freak me out when they follow you with their butt's kinda arched inward like they're just thinking about stinging you.

Flying is fun...I have dreams about flying all the time without airplanes, yknow, arms outstretched, spinning and diving...:D

The only thing I have to contribute to this is my freakishly irrational fear of...what's inside the tank of a toilet. I've seen it before, and I've poked the little bobby thing inside it, but for some reason it just...ugh. I don't know what it is about it.:(

Raebus
02-07-2008, 10:31 PM

I'm scared of them too, I got stung by one once, It didn't even hurt that much but it was just so sudden and I was on my own! I started screaming in the middle of the sea xD I refused to go back in after that.

I don't like spiders but I'm not afraid of them. Daddy long legs, though, make me cry like a 3 year old, I am petrified of them.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/7079/75020446ws9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Daddy long leg spider says hello.

As for my fears, I don't have any BIG fears and the little fears, I can't think of right now.

Ps, daddy long leg spider exists. ITS PART DADDY LONG LEG THOUGH.

Jess
02-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Oh man. Why oh why did you post that. :weep:

Araciel
02-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm not so much afraid of creepy crawlies as I am mistrusting of them...They're so small and quiet and they look like aliens..

Akaria
02-08-2008, 12:21 AM
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/7079/75020446ws9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Daddy long leg spider says hello.

As for my fears, I don't have any BIG fears and the little fears, I can't think of right now.

Ps, daddy long leg spider exists. ITS PART DADDY LONG LEG THOUGH.

You're a horrible person.

Aerith's Knight
02-08-2008, 12:56 AM
the rumor that you eat spiders while sleeping is totally not true by the way. It is one of the most believed fake fact in the world.

A writer actually made that one up to make a point.

Araciel
02-08-2008, 12:57 AM
the rumor that you eat spiders while sleeping is totally not true by the way. It is one of the most believed fake fact in the world.

A writer actually made that one up to make a point.

Well yeah..consider this: a spider in the wild spends half it's life evading the snapping maws of all manner of animal, then just decides to jump into yours a la date rape movies while you sleep? I don't think so.

Faded Tears
02-08-2008, 02:00 AM
Spiders (not really a huge fear, but I can't touch them) and being alone

BardTard
02-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Escalators. One time I tripped on an escalator and fell down the stairs for an hour and a half.

Evastio
02-08-2008, 02:36 AM
I'm afraid of eye contact.

Akaria
02-08-2008, 02:44 AM
Escalators. One time I tripped on an escalator and fell down the stairs for an hour and a half.
Demetri Martin freaking rocks my pants. All day, every day.:D

Woodinator
02-08-2008, 03:29 AM
I'm terrified of spiders... If I'm not, I am very close to being arachnophobic. I can't even get near a spider, and I cringe if I even see a picture of one (yeah thanks for the picture of the daddy long legs btw >.>) I hope I don't have to touch the tarantula in Zoology when I take it...

Gets interesting at home because my dad is the same way... so we stock up on Raid :P And of course my mom used to throw the evil things at my dad to mess with him haha

Oh and I get a little uncomfortable when driivng on bridges over water because I have a slight fear of being trapped underwater in the car...ever since I heard the story about the bridge collapse in Point Pleasent, WV... ><

Lynx
02-08-2008, 05:26 AM
i dont know yet. im always putting myself in death defying situations to see if im scared and nothing yet.

like deciding what to ware for a date?:D

nah i always jsut wear the clothes of mien that arent torn up to badly from skateboarding :p

i was thinking more about the handeling deadly animals kinda thing.

Aerith's Knight
02-08-2008, 05:28 AM
I'm afraid of eye contact.

id love to see a hypnotist's show where you are the volunteer

Randgris
02-08-2008, 06:17 AM
Extreme pain. I just can't. I don't even like injections. I got injected on my shoulder once, it felt like it hit my bone. Oh and being in the middle of a crowd. I fear they might cause a stampede or something.

Loony BoB
02-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Wasps are the only thing I can think of right now. I mean the wasps in the UK, too. The wasps in NZ never seemed to hurt so bad when they stung, but the wasps over here are crazy.

Jessweeee♪
02-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Deflated balloons creep me out a little (it's okay if they've never been inflated).

Dr. Acula
02-09-2008, 02:35 AM
I am extremely afraid of telephones, no joke. I hardly ever answer them, and I never call anyone (my mum tried to make me call someone once, and I just burst into tears. I'm such a freak of nature).

I'm also scared of cicadas and spiders, though not as much as I used to be, and heights and sometimes just talking to new people freaks me out. It's pretty sad.

Oh yeah, and I'm always paranoid that I'm going to get raped and/or murdered. ALWAYS.

Momiji
02-09-2008, 03:10 AM
I don't like heights or needles, though I recently braved a blood donation because I wanted to do something of benefit to other people.

Yuffie514
02-09-2008, 03:55 AM
They are:

Cockroaches. Big, black, and ugly.
The dark, another natural one.
Death via mutilation/sharp object, etc.

Pointless
02-09-2008, 04:06 AM
Daddy long legs, though, make me cry like a 3 year old, I am petrified of them.
I'm one of those mean people who picks them up and throws them at people. I'm not brilliant at handling creepy-crawlies but I have no problem with those little guys at all.

As for irrational fears- I can't think of any just now. I'll get back to you if anything pops into my head.

Blue Harvest
02-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Ah yes I forgot needles and heights. As for elevators, I took the one at work down to the basement the other day (where we keep all the classical music that nobody buys) and despite it shaking like Santa's belly I didn't care. I don't mind them when I'm in one, but when I'm not...meh I'm weird.

Dr. Acula
02-10-2008, 02:47 AM
I forgot needles. Ew needles!!!