PDA

View Full Version : I know this word for word!

Jess
02-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Are there any movies that you have seen so many times that you basically know it word for word?

For me:

Lock, stock and two smoking barrels. It's one of my Dad's favourite movies so I've seen it many many times in my life. I love it, so I watch it whenever it is on TV, and we also own it on DVD and I sometimes get the feeling to watch it. :jess:

Terminator 2. I've watched this movie so many times. When I was little, whenever I was off from school I would watch it on video. I watched it so many times that the video eventually died. ;___; I still watch it every time I see it is on TV. <3

Captain Maxx Power
02-06-2008, 10:45 PM
I can pretty much quote The Matrix from start to finish.

scrumpleberry
02-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Ooh, I like Lock Stock.

Errrm, I don't tend to watch movies that many times anymore. I know CATS pretty much by heart, but that's just because it's the BEST MUSICAL EVARRRRR. A few years ago I probably could have done the Matrix and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (but the comic is much much better.)

Aurey
02-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Not me, no. I have a problem with watching movies more than once.

BUT, I did know a kid with an extreme speech impediment who knew the Spice Girls movie start to finish. It was quite the spectacle.

rubah
02-06-2008, 11:23 PM
when I was little I could do that with the radio's part in Brave Little Toaster and did.

I don't rewatch movies so much now so I don't really anymore.

Tallulah
02-07-2008, 12:00 AM
I can pretty much quote The Matrix from start to finish.

Ditto!

(And I don't mean that God-awful Ghost film! :mad: )

Marshall Banana
02-07-2008, 12:06 AM
The Little Mermaid! I watched it at least eleven times this week.

PeneloRatsbane
02-07-2008, 12:49 AM
yeah little mermaid, my friend was amused by it and kep going "know him! i don't have to know him!" at me so i'd carry on.
dunno if i can still do it but when i was a kid i could do the whole movie

I Took the Red Pill
02-07-2008, 02:20 AM
I'd seen The Goofy Movie so many times when I was little that I could do it. Now I know, for the most part, the wholes of The Shawshank Redemption and Little Miss Sunshine.

El Bandito
02-07-2008, 02:26 AM
I'm nearly to that point with Pulp Fiction.

Siegfried
02-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Ooh, I like Lock Stock.

Errrm, I don't tend to watch movies that many times anymore. I know CATS pretty much by heart, but that's just because it's the BEST MUSICAL EVARRRRR. A few years ago I probably could have done the Matrix and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (but the comic is much much better.)

I HIGHLY disagree, Les Miserables is the best musical ever, EVER
No arguing..

Anyways, Stand by Me, Princess Bride (great book by the way), The Sandlot, and Shaun of the Dead

BardTard
02-07-2008, 04:33 AM
Matilda.
And one of my Sailor Moon videos "Secret Identities" with the episodes "A Crystal Clear Destiny" and "A Reluctant Princess."

rikkugurl13
02-07-2008, 11:43 PM
my sister and i know Shrek beginning to end.Mostly Donkeys part :D

Boney King
02-08-2008, 05:05 AM
I'd seen The Goofy Movie so many times when I was little that I could do it. Now I know, for the most part, the wholes of The Shawshank Redemption and Little Miss Sunshine.
Ditto with The Goofy Movie.

Otherwise, the closest I've come to memorizing an entire movie is either Toy Story (when I was younger) or American Psycho (now).

NeoTifa
02-08-2008, 05:50 AM
phantom of the opera :love:
beauty and the beast
harry potter
mulan
freddie got fingered
superstar
the exorcist
joes appartment
interview with a vampire, queen of the damned

i think thats all teh movies, but ive read books and such to where i know almost every detail:

the raven
tale-tell heart
harry potter
dracula (reading again >.>)
darkangel
sabriel, lireal, abhorsen
interview with a vampire, the vampire lestat, queen of the damned

:)

Denmark
02-08-2008, 06:41 AM
I could do Lion King when I was younger. I might still be able to get a good chunk of it right now, if I stimulated the right brain cells.

Avarice-ness
02-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers (I watched it.. -alot-.. all the way through)

and

The Phantom of the Opera

and

Moulin Rogue.

Cz
02-08-2008, 08:44 AM
I don't think I could do this with any movies, but there are a couple of episodes of TV shows that I could probably remember all the way through, just because I've seen them so many times. The first Futurama Anthology of Interest is probably the best example. I must have seen that one a couple of dozen times.

Rocket Edge
02-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Ah yeah, The Shawshank Redemption. I just love that movie.

Namelessfengir
02-08-2008, 04:57 PM
mystery science theater 3000 movie -- this island earth
jay and silent bob strike back

i know the moves of highlander

i have the ability to replay movies songs and books in my head.... really helps when your doing factory work

Absconditus_Oraculum
02-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Not any whole movie that i know word for word, but I've gotten pretty close with Ep. ll of Star Wars and the first Lord Of the rings movie. I do know the thing about the ring that they do at the very begining.

Garnie
02-08-2008, 10:53 PM
monty python, italian job great escape know em by heart..thanx dad!

Pointless
02-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Blackadder Goes Forth - every single episode.
Hancock's Half Hour - almost all of them.

Aerith's Knight
02-09-2008, 01:39 AM
not movies.. shows

all the episodes of:

friends
Scrubs
Two and a half men
NCIS
Grey's anatomy

i can recite these word by word.. im not proud of it :p

Yar
02-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Office Space did you get that memo?
I've seen that movie so many damn times. I used to always put it on when I went to bed. It just always helped me sleep. Whenever I see it on Comedy Central, I lay on the couch and then fall asleep now.

Blackjack
02-11-2008, 02:06 AM
Water boy
I've seen it way too much that its not funny anymore

Tommy Boy see above

X-MenThe Last Stand
For like 2 months i watched it twice every week. I try too stay away from it now.:erm:

IronOcean
02-11-2008, 03:26 AM
The Boondock Saints (guilty pleasure.....just like pants)

Araciel
02-11-2008, 04:54 AM
Disney's Beauty and The Beast

lynch me now for my unmanly display.

Miriel
02-11-2008, 04:57 AM
I know FotR pretty much line for line. The two towers to a lesser degree and RotK to an even lesser degree (but still more than most people know of most movies).

Also, Moulin Rouge. But that's just cause a good chunk of the movie is played out in song, and the songs are awesome to sing along to.

Sweet Beloved
02-11-2008, 05:11 AM
The Covenant, A Walk To Remember, The Notebook, And Titanic.

I've seen them so many times, I know word for word what they say. xD
Course, I like those movies *has a mother who brainwashed her*, so it's all good. :D

Shauna
02-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Also, Moulin Rouge. But that's just cause a good chunk of the movie is played out in song, and the songs are awesome to sing along to.

Yes.

And I probably know a few Disney movies too. My cousin and I also used to sit and quote Galaxy Quest for hours. Good times.