PDA

View Full Version : When rap meets Nobuo Uematsu

Siegfried
02-07-2008, 02:50 AM
Song by Socrates...
Yeah i had never heard of him either

Anyways, although i do not like rap, discovered this song...a rap song that is set to the background FF6 theme, so its kinda cool to hear

Called "Final Fantasy - Feat S.O.N." "Heaven Sent" is the album

Roogle
02-07-2008, 03:34 PM
I am going to move this to the video game music forum. I think that you may find more enthusiasts interested in your topic there, okay?

I will need to look into this at a later time. Does anyone else have any hip hop remixes of Final Fantasy songs?

I have several songs of the hip hop genre set to video game music; the strange amalgamation of the two products allows me to fully enjoy both parts of the song. My favorites are Drop It Like It's Hot by Snoop Dogg and 1, 2 Step by Ciara feat. Missy Elliot. Both are set to various video game songs.

Roto13
02-07-2008, 06:50 PM
I have several songs of the hip hop genre set to video game music; the strange amalgamation of the two products allows me to fully enjoy both parts of the song. My favorites are Drop It Like It's Hot by Snoop Dogg and 1, 2 Step by Ciara feat. Missy Elliot. Both are set to various video game songs.

They are? I never noticed that. What songs?

Necronopticous
02-07-2008, 06:58 PM
A good one is "We G's," by Kool G. Rap & Prinz. It's track 29 on DJ Green Lantern's 2006 "Alive on Arrival" record. Background music is a sample from Final Fantasy VII's "Fighting."

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Famously (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvbH-gZefL0)!

This one (http://youtube.com/watch?v=spYrjbyC3eY), at least.

Bolivar
02-08-2008, 02:46 AM
oh my lord, Kool G Rap over FFVII's fighting??? damn, this made my night.

my man made a beat out of the song in ffiv that plays everytime somebody gest offed. I'll try to upload it on zshare or somethin if i can find it.

Roogle
02-08-2008, 02:58 AM

No, I meant to imply that I have edited remixes of those songs that play to video game music. 1, 2 Step is put against the courtroom music from Chrono Trigger and Drop It Like It's Hot is put against The Veldt from Final Fantasy VI.

Roto13
02-08-2008, 03:49 AM

No, I meant to imply that I have edited remixes of those songs that play to video game music. 1, 2 Step is put against the courtroom music from Chrono Trigger and Drop It Like It's Hot is put against The Veldt from Final Fantasy VI.

Oh. Now I'm all disappointed and stuff. :(

Though it's probably for the best that Snoop Dog not touch my beloved Final Fantasy VI soundtrack.

Jessweeee♪
02-08-2008, 03:10 PM
eh?! What were the lyrics to the one set to Fighting, again?

Big D
02-10-2008, 11:50 PM
A good one is "We G's," by Kool G. Rap & Prinz. It's track 29 on DJ Green Lantern's 2006 "Alive on Arrival" record. Background music is a sample from Final Fantasy VII's "Fighting."Is that how it was originally released, or is it a fan-edit? I first heard that on a YTMND, and couldn't figure out if it was genuine or just a clever edit.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-11-2008, 06:45 AM
That's how it was released. DJ Green Lantern is good like that.

Roogle
02-11-2008, 04:59 PM
eh?! What were the lyrics to the one set to Fighting, again?

I am not sure about the lyrics. I have been looking for a transcription of the lyrics for a long time now, but I think that the artist is too unknown to have had a transcription done on the song. Please let me know if you find a transcription of the lyrics.

KentaRawr!
03-07-2008, 02:33 AM
Speaking of Video Game Songs being put to Rap Songs, I've heard "Drop it like it's hot" be put to Kirby's theme in Super Smash Bros. 64.

Edit: Oh, I'm and idiot. Kishi posted it.
Edit 2: A month ago.

Roogle
03-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Drop It Like It's Hot is an easy to tune to put to video game music. I have a couple different versions of it from various remixers.