PDA

View Full Version : That is MINE. MINE. MINE. MINE.

Zeldy
02-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Don't you hate it when you have an ounce of originality and then everybody decides to copy you?

I've really experienced it a lot this last year or two. I had a friend who just would get everything I had and would like everything I liked. As some of you may know, I dress very bright, so did she suddenly. It just really got on my nerves that I'd finally found my own style and some one rips me off. (She even had the nerve, THE NERVE, to like Finland. She even started learning it. Everybody knows that only I am allowed to be a Finland freak). It ended up that I tried hiding things from her, and people even said to me "Oh you and __ are very similar". I'm like "I KNOW"

Has it happened to you? any particular catch phrase, style idea etc you had that other people then started using?

Shauna
02-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Not really. I'm not cool enough to copy.

louby_4eva
02-07-2008, 05:20 PM
You're right....how DARE anyone else like finland.
Bright clothes have just been in fashion, all 60's or whatever. She was probably just following fashion, not you.

People tend to pick up on my words, like....coolio, awesome and scandalous, but they're not really MY words :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

scrumpleberry
02-07-2008, 05:23 PM
I once had a friend who made a habit of doing this with everyone, but she wasn't really the most social of people so it was just her way of trying to get along, and I let her off for it.

I can't really recall any incidences aside from that.

Miriel
02-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Nothing is original. Everything you've done, someone else has probably done it before.

And besides, I love starting trends within my group of peers. I love having them discover the things I've discovered myself. C'mon Zeldy, sharing is caring.

There was a summer where I decided that headbands should come back in style. I started wearing them a lot and just blabbing about headbands to people and then a few months later, Teen Vogue comes out and what to they declare the "must have" item of the moment? HEADBANDS! I was thrilled.

The only time I'd get pissed is if someone copied my photography work. THAT is no bueno. But even in that field, it's hard to claim rights to anything cause like I've said, everything has been done before. It has to be almost EXACT duplication of my work that would make me angry enough to yell at them or something. Otherwise, you gotta let it go.

rubah
02-07-2008, 05:55 PM
It happens from time to time, but not so much lately.

I understand it hurts to have people be complimented for something you invented and not to get credit for it, but you can still take pride in having created something people like a lot.

Aerith's Knight
02-07-2008, 06:08 PM
psh cmon im dutch.. whod want to copy me?

accent, love for rain, actually cycling, eating healthy.

i think everyone in the US would die from depression if theyd copy me :p

Captain Maxx Power
02-07-2008, 06:09 PM
People copy me all the time. I'm like a touching point for new concepts and ideas.

Araciel
02-07-2008, 06:10 PM
I am as robotic as all of my friends, and so say and do nothing new. The matrix has you.

Zeldy
02-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Right, no. It became obsessive. For a year or 2 people would make snide remarks how I used to copy her, as we did have similar styles back then, so I went into flourescent makeup and clothing, so did she. She likes the same bands as me now. It's pathetic, but it's just a topic. No, Finland isnt mine, it was nice to have something that made me unique though, which that did. If anyone else did it, it would be cute, and I try and influence my bright colours onto other people, but she took everything, we just looked like clones again. I never said anything to her, it just used to piss me off how everyone, again, thought it was me copying her. Way to make a simple thread srz drama. Nevermind, had it happened to you, you'd know how annoying it is.

Misfit
02-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Nothing is original. Everything you've done, someone else has probably done it before.

Anyways, no. Nobody has 'copied' me, if I liked a style... it's just a style that like, 4384798375903843 people in the world wear too. NOBODY IS ORIGINAL LULZ. No matter how black people dye their hair. 8-)

edit: Oh wait, I had 1337 usernotes for the longest time ever... then I recall you doing the same thing. OMG STOP COPYING ME!!!!!!1111

Avarice-ness
02-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Reles and Reine just became Lust-ness and Sloth-ness.

I'm no longer bothered because Mirage added -ness to his name for his LJ and his last.fm.

Also, I feel that if other people (in my circle or group of friends) are able to purchase what I have, then it is not mine to begin with because it is available to someone else other than me or people who have the ability to get it.

Like my Versace glasses, I'm the only one I've known who has the pair I have thus making it mine. If someone else bought it, I'll dub it as something that is now available to the masses and buy a new pair.

My sister (older) bought a pair of sketchers shoes that were just like mine once, but that's because they were super comfy and when she wore them out to check the mail she realized they were the best ever. So we had the same shoe's until mine became unwearable. :D

I did get annoyed at this lady the other day, she had the same glasses frame as I do, I've had these glasses for about a year now. So I'll just get newer rarer one's when I get my eyes checked. :D

Either way, copying me just makes me feel like I'm cooler than them, so they can copy as much as they want.

Psychotic
02-07-2008, 09:00 PM
I had 1337 user notes before anyone did!

Misfit
02-07-2008, 09:02 PM
I had 1337 user notes before anyone did!

Yeah but, you're a loser and nobody likes you enough to keep them 1337 like MP did for me. ;D

Psychotic
02-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm more e-popular than you, missy. You peaked in ought four.

Hey guys, attack Misfit. I'm commanding it. I'm like, a level 94 e-popular dude and I'm giving you a direct order. Get her.

Misfit
02-07-2008, 09:06 PM
omfg no wai r u lvl 94 'cuz i'm lvl 99 on my elf warlock omg i culd pwn u noob.

But anyways, EoFF is the last place I'd want to be e-popular at. 8-) *punches*
But I AM kinda awesome at #eoff. ;D

PS: Stop instigating me to spam! *goes back to chat*

Shiny
02-07-2008, 09:09 PM
One time I wore something that apparently didn't go with something else and people made fun of me for it. The next day people were wearing the same thing I was. Needless to say I was a bit perturbed.

Not entirely true, although likely in some cases. Not that many people are inventive or bold enough for originality.

Ryth
02-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Everyone is trying to rip-off my mad avant-garde stylez, yo. :monster:

BardTard
02-08-2008, 01:56 AM
*rages* I HATE IT! Get your own creativity!

DK
02-08-2008, 02:01 AM
My words, they spread. And I love it. Even Mister e-popular Psychotic uses ghetto the way I use it now!

KentaRawr!
02-08-2008, 02:21 AM
It bugs me a bit when someone says I copied someone else, because surely it isn't true. But it doesn't really matter. Let them think what they think. It won't change that I'm better than them. :greenie:

Evastio
02-08-2008, 02:28 AM
I usually don't find it annoying, as long as they don't claim that my idea was originally theirs and as long as they don't embarass me with it.

Madame Adequate
02-08-2008, 02:31 AM
I'm too just too good to be copied. Nobody else is good enough to do what I do.

Ouch!
02-08-2008, 03:07 AM
Nobody else seems to have adopted "Oyo!" as their default greeting yet, so I'm still safe.

Aerith's Knight
02-08-2008, 03:26 AM
Anyways, no. Nobody has 'copied' me, if I liked a style... it's just a style that like, 4384798375903843 people in the world wear too.

what world do you live in? :eyebrow:

LunarWeaver
02-08-2008, 03:26 AM
I pity anybody who copies anything I do. So far I don't believe it's ever happened :jess:

suspended on silver wings
02-08-2008, 03:32 AM
thats like me. There's this ONE girl in school who askes me all these questions like where did you get those clothes and where did you get your hair done. She's copied me for the past six years its getting ridiculous. Well she hasn't copied my clothing style this year (thank gawd for JP) cause I'm wearing the brand 'SEX POT ReVeNGe' and its only sold in Japan. AND as for my hair, I got it done in japan also so there is no way that she can copy me now. But she did ask me where I got my clothes from and I said "a forgein country":D

Roto13
02-08-2008, 04:00 AM
You know pants? That's all me.

I'm too just too good to be copied. Nobody else is good enough to do what I do.

I was going to reply with "You're just a cheap ________ ripoff," but I couldn't fill in the blank. You're too weird to be like anyone. :(

BardTard
02-08-2008, 04:13 AM
Anyways, no. Nobody has 'copied' me, if I liked a style... it's just a style that like, 4384798375903843 people in the world wear too.

what world do you live in? :eyebrow:

haha nobody would DARE copy my style. It's too weird. I combine black with rainbows, and layer and accessorize like crazy! My clothes probably weigh more than I do! lol My mom says I look like a cross between Cindy Lauper and a video game character.

If anybody EVER even THINKS of copying my style... :kaofight: :twak: OH IT'S ON.

Marshall Banana
02-08-2008, 04:14 AM
I wish that everyone places a strawberry on his or her head. =O

Aerith's Knight
02-08-2008, 04:24 AM
i wouldnt even consider copying wiffles.. i just dont have the energy.. or the pot :)

Lynx
02-08-2008, 05:21 AM
a few catch phrases of my own have been stolen from me but ive stolen some of my friends before so it evens out.

Akaria
02-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Well she hasn't copied my clothing style this year (thank gawd for JP) cause I'm wearing the brand 'SEX POT ReVeNGe' and its only sold in Japan.
About 80% of the people reading this just googled 'SEX POT ReVeNGe' and are now buying things online.

The only things people have taken from me which I had never seen anyone do before and did to myself, was my differently colored checkered nails...
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v164/220/73/523730046/n523730046_597019_509.jpg
...And my thumb wing tattoo-y guy...
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v183/220/73/523730046/n523730046_625429_5479.jpg
I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of checkered nails or a little wing tattoo, in fact, the design of the wing came completely from some guy's ankle tattoo. I just changed the positioning and location of it. Not much is original anymore, but you can alter it and change it up a bit to make it your own:D

Avarice-ness
02-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Well she hasn't copied my clothing style this year (thank gawd for JP) cause I'm wearing the brand 'SEX POT ReVeNGe' and its only sold in Japan.
About 80% of the people reading this just googled 'SEX POT ReVeNGe' and are now buying things online.

The only things people have taken from me which I had never seen anyone do before and did to myself, was my differently colored checkered nails...
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v164/220/73/523730046/n523730046_597019_509.jpg
...And my thumb wing tattoo-y guy...
http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v183/220/73/523730046/n523730046_625429_5479.jpg
I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of checkered nails or a little wing tattoo, in fact, the design of the wing came completely from some guy's ankle tattoo. I just changed the posi<b></b>tioning and location of it. Not much is original anymore, but you can alter it and change it up a bit to make it your own:D

Yeah my friends in high school used to paint their nails in checkers but in the colors of the rainbow. So instead of black and red, it might be neon purple and blue checkers, then another color on the next finger. I've never seen a wing thumb tattoo, but I've seen a few people with flower tattoo's on their thumb at the tattoo parlor. :D

Akaria
02-08-2008, 09:15 AM
It's hard to be original.:( Lotsa stuff can be taken from other cultures though, which is kinda nice. Take that, make it your own, spread it, and voila - you've just brought a unique culture to uncultured people. You do-gooder you!:p

Quindiana Jones
02-08-2008, 08:18 PM
People are always copying my things. Those bastards. I don't mind it, but I smash 'em up if they be claiming my shizz as dey own.