PDA

View Full Version : GCSE options

Clawsze
02-07-2008, 10:28 PM
What did you brilliant british minds take for your GCSEs. I've just chose my options, Business, Graphics, Geography and Triple Science(3 GCSE in science instead of usual 2)

Psychotic
02-07-2008, 10:39 PM
For my options I picked German (had to do a language), Graphics (had to do a tech), Geography and History. Plus the standards at my school, Maths, English Lang, English Lit, Double Science and RE. Also I got to take Statistics because I was supah smart and did fast track Maths.

Old Manus
02-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Apart from the old English Lit/lang, maths and double science, I did Geography, French, Graphics, and ICT.

Of course this being Wales, we were also forced to take Welsh lessons, which was like banging your head against a brick wall, and is as useful to me as a vagina. I've forgotten 110% of it.

Heath
02-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Core subjects I had to do were: English Language, English Literature, Maths, Statistics (I was in a fast track group like Psychotic was), Welsh and Double Science.

My options were: German, History, ICT and D & T: Systems and Control.

DK
02-08-2008, 12:52 AM
The Double English, Double Science and Maths things, along with History, Geography, ICT and the Technology that involved making things out of wood and other materials that I've forgotten the name of 'cause all we did for two years was play cricket with T-squares and paper balls, saw through the desk legs and generally dismantle the equipment in the workshop.

Psychotic
02-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Resistant Materials.

We pretty much did the same thing in graphics. Only GCSE I failed, with a nice handsome D.

Clawsze
02-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah, we have to do English Lang. and Lit., Maths(I'm in top set, so I might be doin statistics, not sure if my school does it), Double science, Citizenship, RE and ICT.

RE and ICT I've started this year and we have to carry on till year 10, which makes 1/2 a GCSE. You are allowed to carry on, which i am. And I'm gonna carry on Citizenship if you don't already have to, but i think you have to choose between this and RE. Not sure.

If Statistics, RE and Citizenship are all on, plus my choices, I would get...14 if I pass all. Not that I think I will, but optimism helps.

Tallulah
02-17-2008, 12:39 PM
O such a long tyme ago... :(

English Literature, English Language, German, French (I did two languages instead of an arts subject such as Music, Art or Drama... wish I'd done drama instead of German though...), History, Maths, Double Science, Humanities, Food Technology, Information Technology Short Course, which only counts as half.

So technically, I have ten-and-a-half GCSEs, though in the latter two I got Ds. Though I more than made up for this with a A* in English Literature.

Vivisteiner
02-17-2008, 12:47 PM
I did triple science, maths, french, music, history, religious studies, latin, English Literature and English language.

So in total thats eleven. All A*s.

I dont mean to brag. But brag brag brag.

Heath
02-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Resistant Materials.

We pretty much did the same thing in graphics. Only GCSE I failed, with a nice handsome D.

That's not a failure. I don't consider my grade D in Systems and Control a failure. I think the fact I was entered for the Higher Tier for some unknown reason and came out with something that wasn't a U is one of my greatest achievements so far. Especially given that we hadn't learnt the theory, I'm useless at D&T and had largely given up on the practical work until a fateful Friday during which I was told the work was being moderated on Monday and got out of the rest of my lessons to program the microchip, sort out the electronics and basically do D&T work.

Aerith's Knight
02-17-2008, 08:24 PM
hmm.. im not sure what it is.. but when i had to choose classes in our equivalent of high school i picked

english, dutch, german, french
goverment studies, history, biology, economics

and most prominent(most classes)

physics, math and chemistry

Jess
02-19-2008, 05:29 PM
English, English Literature, Maths, Statistics, Double Science, Half RE (compulsory), Half PE (compulsory, my school was a sports college), Graphics, Art and a GNVQ in ICT.

Hazzard
02-26-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm amazed. We've got some clever intellects on this forum, that indeed.

I done: All three compulsory academic subjects, including P.E. My choices were: Business Studies, History Modern World, Media Studies and Drama. I'm exceeding in Media, don't mean to come across arrogant or cocky but your boy here got an A* for one piece of coursework : )

Quindiana Jones
02-26-2008, 11:00 PM
English (lang. and lit.), Supa Maths stuff, EFL (basically RE), double science, Graphics and core PE, as far as I can remember.

And the subjects I actually chose to keep (the above are the compulsoryish ones) were French, German and History.

goth-love
02-29-2008, 11:08 PM
i chose art, music tech and then i had to choose something to do with excersing so i had to choose dance as my mum aslways liked it when i was 9/10 and i did ballet(i always hated it):mad:

FallenSilence
03-18-2008, 12:58 PM
For GCSE: Maths Intermediate, Maths Higher, Double Science, English Language, English Literature, Geography, History, Business Studies, ICT, Food Technology, French and Astronomy.

For A Level: Psychology, Biology, Chemistry and Physics (got a U in Physics, but meh, still took it XD).

Going to University this year.