PDA

View Full Version : Those who paint their live's in gold...

LanceOfTime
02-08-2008, 04:20 AM
society...seems to have a standard for "normal".....it discusts me......manners are nice i suppose......but should a metalhead genius with 50 piercings 90% tattood body and giant spikes in his hair be rejected from white collar jobs?.......its ridiculous....and with cleansliness.....me? i just feel more comfortable in a messy space...like my room...its a WRECK...but thats how i like it......it feels more like home that way.......though things are "supposed" to be clean......so hit me up people...with some opinions........do you believe that guy i mentioned up there should be the future car/plane designer of america......or should hebe forced to get a :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty job.....and ya know...the other small things...like cleansliness......eating 3 meals a day...what to eat in those 3 meals....what do you think?

Aerith's Knight
02-08-2008, 04:22 AM
well.. if youre going to sollicit wearing that..

but if youre qualified for the job, everyone should be considered equally. But as they say, first impressions are everything. And they dont care what you do in your own time, but if youre at work, they want you to look professional

BardTard
02-08-2008, 04:24 AM
Do you...always...type...like this? It's...very...distracting...for me...to read...something about manners...I agree...I think...

LanceOfTime
02-08-2008, 04:25 AM
lol.... yes bad habit built up....it better expresses the way i talk in real life lol....i pause briefly and continue quickly -.-

Aerith's Knight
02-08-2008, 04:27 AM
its not like that.. you know.. i do that too..

.. thank god!

Vermachtnis
02-08-2008, 04:30 AM
To...many...PERIOOOOOOOODDDDDSSSSSSS!

But, I get what you're saying. What you're good at doesn't reflect how you look, but personally if that guy you described was going to do a White Collar job like salesmanship, he'd have to be really, really, really good at persuasion cause I wouldn't buy anything off of him.

And heard the messiness is a sign of genius! Or lazyness ;p

LanceOfTime
02-08-2008, 04:31 AM
:P lol .....i am a genius...... -.0

Faded Tears
02-08-2008, 04:39 AM
Well image is part of a job. So even if he may be qualified, businesses and such have a reputation to uphold.
But it does suck, he could be qualified...sure, but the world is soooo unfair. So he either has two options, change his appearance for a business associate or look how he wants and work at a pizza joint.

And about the meals...thats random. But I don't think anyone follows it tbh. And last time I heard small meals throughout the day are suppose to be a better option, don't really understand that either.
Oh and being clean is mandatory. Bad hygiene is a shame.

oddler
02-08-2008, 04:41 AM
sephirothisback

Doesn't matter what you look like. What matters are your habits, tendencies, ethics, and drive.

I bleached and spiked my hair the night before I interviewed for my current job. :cool:

Avarice-ness
02-08-2008, 04:42 AM
No offence, but it's not society that stops you from getting a job.

It's common knowledge that these jobs won't hire you because they don't want the people who keep the company running, the consumers, to be turned away from their establishment because they judge you and eventually fear you. They fear you, their looks on the place will go down and slowly but surely the company will lose money, hence if you go into most stores or establishments, everyone looks generally the same, maybe with slight differences.

I keep my tattoo's where I can cover them, I'm a metal head but I don't need to show the world that and I'm prefectly fine getting job interveiws at nearly every job I apply too.

My boyfriend on the other hand does not dress to the norm and can't find a job to the life of him, not because he's not a good worker, because of how he looks.

Personally, people can have fun expressing themselves all they want on the outside, because I'm amused when they are in awe that they can't do anything once they get into the job world unless they have a degree that over-rides their looks.

The job world has -always- been like this. The only jobs people who are not "eye-appealing" get are one's behind the scene's and those arn't the best. My friend has about 4 peircings on her face, after 15 interveiws that she didn't get hired for, she eventually got hired for a job in which she only answers phones, meaning that the customer never actually sees her.

My cousin wants to be a teacher, she has a total of 10 visible tattoo's. Guess what, she can't get an internship because no one wants a teacher at their school who looks like that. She regrets every single one of those tattoo's because her dream since she was a kid was to be a teacher and now it's becoming -very- difficult just to get an internship.

I like being a metalhead, I like the tattoo's I have, I also like the fact I can get a job in a second because I keep who I am on the inside and don't display it on the outside.

LanceOfTime
02-08-2008, 04:51 AM
No offence, but it's not society that stops you from getting a job.

It's common knowledge that these jobs won't hire you because they don't want the people who keep the company running, the consumers, to be turned away from their establishment because they judge you and eventually fear you. They fear you, their looks on the place will go down and slowly but surely the company will lose money, hence if you go into most stores or establishments, everyone looks generally the same, maybe with slight differences.

I keep my tattoo's where I can cover them, I'm a metal head but I don't need to show the world that and I'm prefectly fine getting job interveiws at nearly every job I apply too.

My boyfriend on the other hand does not dress to the norm and can't find a job to the life of him, not because he's not a good worker, because of how he looks.

Personally, people can have fun expressing themselves all they want on the outside, because I'm amused when they are in awe that they can't do anything once they get into the job world unless they have a degree that over-rides their looks.

The job world has -always- been like this. The only jobs people who are not "eye-appealing" get are one's behind the scene's and those arn't the best. My friend has about 4 peircings on her face, after 15 interveiws that she didn't get hired for, she eventually got hired for a job in which she only answers phones, meaning that the customer never actually sees her.

My cousin wants to be a teacher, she has a total of 10 visible tattoo's. Guess what, she can't get an internship because no one wants a teacher at their school who looks like that. She regrets every single one of those tattoo's because her dream since she was a kid was to be a teacher and now it's becoming -very- difficult just to get an internship.

I like being a metalhead, I like the tattoo's I have, I also like the fact I can get a job in a second because I keep who I am on the inside and don't display it on the outside.

no offense taken...i'm not a highpathetical kind of guy...if it was me i would say so lol...i'm not quite that hardcore -.0
http://a87.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/m_3fa30a6693da3f02939a06ff14c1ca3e.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=70925697&albumID=0&imageID=15607276)those burns are about as hardcore as i get :P (sideburns)....and some metal shirts...and skateboarding shoes......so yeah trust me...i can get jobs...just not white collar...i'm....17........i work at a pizza joint tho :D