PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cellphone Service -kicks-

Strawberry_Mew
02-08-2008, 07:34 AM
My Service on my cellphone has got suspended!! Its like 1am and I never got a call no nothing >< Rawr I'm mad. Have any of you ever had trouble with ur cell phone service?

Akaria
02-08-2008, 07:36 AM
My cell phone service is just dumb in general. I think it's just a bad combo of two good (I think) things. Verizon, fine. Motorola, cool. Verizon + Motorola = poop on a stick.

Why did your service get suspended? Sounds like it was no good reason...

Strawberry_Mew
02-08-2008, 07:38 AM
My cell phone service is just dumb in general. I think it's just a bad combo of two good (I think) things. Verizon, fine. Motorola, cool. Verizon + Motorola = poop on a stick.

Why did your service get suspended? Sounds like it was no good reason...

Well Im kinda a lil late on my bill but they usually call and tell u 2 contact them. >< I got no freaking call or anything rawr I am so close to switching companies

Akaria
02-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Go for it. I work in the cell phone part of Best Buy and I know Verizon and AT&T are pretty decent...

Strawberry_Mew
02-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Go for it. I work in the cell phone part of Best Buy and I know Verizon and AT&T are pretty decent...

Ya Im thinking about going for AT&T. My BF has it and they seem alot more decent then mine. I have USCC XP and I have had problems from them the past last year and now

Avarice-ness
02-08-2008, 07:46 AM
I have cingular and I love them, I used to have Sprint and I hated them. Solely because I didn't get any reception where I lived and it was 30 minutes outside the Dallas metro, so there was -no- reason to have no service.

But no offense but it sounds like you've been late on a bill before. You should really know the drill by now, after the bill dates due so many day's later it's going to be cut off it really shouldn't be a shock just because they didn't call you.

Either way, I've learned that if you can't afford to pay your cell phone bill then it's best to not have one until you can get a job that can pay for one since sometimes the bill can vary.

Strawberry_Mew
02-08-2008, 07:48 AM
I have cingular and I love them, I used to have Sprint and I hated them. Solely because I didn't get any reception where I lived and it was 30 minutes outside the Dallas metro, so there was -no- reason to have no service.

But no offense but it sounds like you've been late on a bill before. You should really know the drill by now, after the bill dates due so many day's later it's going to be cut off it really shouldn't be a shock just because they didn't call you.

Either way, I've learned that if you can't afford to pay your cell phone bill then it's best to not have one until you can get a job that can pay for one since sometimes the bill can vary.

Thats True. I haven't always been late only like a day or 2 at the most.

Akaria
02-08-2008, 07:57 AM
My parents pay for my cell phone bill...I'm waiting for the day that a bill shows up in my mailbox here at college with a note from my parents saying, "HEEEEEEEEEY sweetie!! Pay your own crap!"

Avarice-ness
02-08-2008, 08:02 AM
My parents pay for my cell phone bill...I'm waiting for the day that a bill shows up in my mailbox here at college with a note from my parents saying, "HEEEEEEEEEY sweetie!! Pay your own crap!"

Just try to be careful with your cell phone now so you can have an idea of what you'll be paying when you do have to pay it. :D

Strawberry_Mew
02-08-2008, 08:08 AM

Lol thats funny XD

Akaria
02-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah...All I know is I have unlimited texting and...Actually...I don't know how many minutes...Wow. I know nothing. Maybe I should look into that, thanks Avarice...O_o'

Avarice-ness
02-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah...All I know is I have unlimited texting and...Actually...I don't know how many minutes...Wow. I know nothing. Maybe I should look into that, thanks Avarice...O_o'

You really should. xD

I have unlimited Texting and hardly -ever- talk on the phone, and recently until this month for some weird reason my phone bill shot up by 20$. I checked the bill and it happened because I would check my e-mail from my phone, the e-mail messages are covered by the unlimited messaging but apparently connecting the e-mail service to the internet is not! :eek:

Akaria
02-08-2008, 09:45 AM
You really should. xD

I have unlimited Texting and hardly -ever- talk on the phone, and recently until this month for some weird reason my phone bill shot up by 20$. I checked the bill and it happened because I would check my e-mail from my phone, the e-mail messages are covered by the unlimited messaging but apparently connecting the e-mail service to the internet is not! :eek:
I hate it when the cell phone companies do that. Like there's any other way you can send or receive your email! It's such a gaping loophole, and it's so mean for them to do...:(

Roto13
02-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I think everyone has had trouble with their cell phone companies because cell phone companies are horrible, horrible companies run buy horrible, horrible people with horrible, horrible customer service. I refuse to pay my cell phone bill until until they actually send a copy of it to me. This is the second time it's happened. Assholes. (I'm with Bell.)

suspended on silver wings
02-08-2008, 02:17 PM
I HATE MY PHONE SERVICE! I have a cap plan and its annoying me cause I ended up paying $4,798 for my phone bill. Dont ask why it had to do with 6 hr phone calls.

escobert
02-08-2008, 03:53 PM
I have verizon. It's meh. I wish I still had Unicell.

rubah
02-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Verizon can't do multiplication. Look them up on Digg xD

Alltel has been pretty good to me so far, I guess. It seems like it has better coverage than Cingular did. but I don't even know if they exist out of the arkansas area xD

Akaria
02-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Alltel? Yeah, they're here at my college...I never saw it around the twin cities at all, but they're pretty popular down here.

Araciel
02-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Bell Canada. It's great.

Quindiana Jones
02-08-2008, 09:07 PM
I am switching to O2. To do this, I need to unlock my phone so I can use the SIM. I ring up Virgin, say "Hey, unlock my phone, yeah?" They say "OK!". I say "I also wanna keep my number, so send me the PAK code, yeah?" They say "OK!". They make me wait a week, then (rather childishly just to keep me on their network) send me the PAK code twice. Cheers. Now I have to ring up again, slap 'em round the face, wait another week and hope that they get it right this time. Hopefully, by that time, my yet-to-be-used O2 SIM will not have expired.

fucking Virgin.

Nominus Experse
02-08-2008, 09:24 PM
I've never had issues with my cell phone service. I don't know how you guys manage to incite Verizon's/Cingular's/whatever's wrath so frequently...

Strawberry_Mew
02-08-2008, 11:46 PM
I found out my contract ends next month so I may just may switch companies. Altel sounds kool but so does AT&T. Either way I will have to get a new phone. It seems like phone companies don't like it when u have a phone from another company.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-08-2008, 11:49 PM
I have Telus. Pay-as-you-go type deal. So far, so good. Had it for about a month.

Momiji
02-09-2008, 02:42 AM
I have Verizon and I haven't had any real trouble with it. However, my phone has had its share of issues, but that will change because I'm getting a new phone tomorrow!

Akaria
02-09-2008, 05:43 AM
What kind of phone? I have the Motorola KRZR right now...I kinda like it, but everyone tells me it sucks. I really wanna get the pink BlackBerry Pearl. It's so cute and sleek!!:D

Mirage
02-09-2008, 06:45 AM
my service is all right. The problems I've had with it have been my own fault. I've always gotten reminders via text messages if I've forgotten to pay my bills.

The mobile phone companies in the US puzzle me anyway. Here you can use any phone with any service provider without any problems at all.

Tasura
02-09-2008, 07:15 AM
I've got Virgin Mobile, no problems yet, but maybe that's because I've got a Pre-paid with no reactivation fee if I don't top it up before the expiration date. And the expiration date isn't until May, and the last time I put money on it was December.

Strawberry_Mew
02-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Ooo I dunno I love Moto Phones like the Rocker and The Razor 2. Currently have Red Razor. The LG Scoop looks awsome 2 :3

Momiji
02-09-2008, 03:05 PM
What kind of phone? I have the Motorola KRZR right now...I kinda like it, but everyone tells me it sucks. I really wanna get the pink BlackBerry Pearl. It's so cute and sleek!!:D

I'm not sure yet. The Chocolate is cute, but I don't think it's my type. I'm either getting the Samsung that can flip open vertically and horizontally, or the Blackberry Pearl, since it's the same price as the Samsung due to a special offer, and can do more. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't flip, so I'm scared I'll scratch the screen.

Does the Pearl have Bluetooth capabilities?

Akaria
02-09-2008, 11:12 PM

I'm not sure yet. The Chocolate is cute, but I don't think it's my type. I'm either getting the Samsung that can flip open vertically and horizontally, or the Blackberry Pearl, since it's the same price as the Samsung due to a special offer, and can do more. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't flip, so I'm scared I'll scratch the screen.

Does the Pearl have Bluetooth capabilities?
I was thinking about getting the Chocolate too, but some of the guys I worked with have had horrible experiences with them...One had to get it replaced 4 times, problems with buttons, the slide thing breaking...So that kinda turned me off to the Chocolate. I know the Samsung is good, and the Blackberry Pearl is freaking epic. I've had flip phones all the time I've had a cell, but I honestly don't think having something like the Pearl will be all that different...It's the same size as the Motorola KRZR, just a tiny bit wider. Flipping just makes it seem a bit smaller because of the concept, I think. Plus, you can get screen protectors from pretty much any electronics store or your service provider store. And yes, the Pearl has Bluetooth.:D

Momiji
02-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Well, I'm home. I ended up getting the new version of Chocolate, which has all of those bad parts fixed. It's the blue ice one, and it looks really cool!

(Note: The store didn't have the Samsung one, and you have to pay $30 extra a month for the BlackBerry. So I picked the next best thing!)

Akaria
02-10-2008, 06:08 AM
So you like it? If all that stuff from before is fixed, then the Chocolate sounds great!!

Araciel
02-10-2008, 06:10 AM
Iremember when I first got my first cell phone it could barely send text messages....now the phone I have could probably launch a space shuttle with all the extra features....and NASA would probably balk at the bill I get every month....but it's worth it to live in the future..

Mirage
02-10-2008, 07:20 AM
The main computer NASA used to send man to the moon was surpassed by an original Gameboy, in terms of raw processing power. Newer phones can emulate a SNES.

Araciel
02-10-2008, 07:22 AM
The main computer NASA used to send man to the moon was surpassed by an original Gameboy, in terms of raw processing power.

No u.

Also, spam.

Strawberry_Mew
02-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Well, I'm home. I ended up getting the new version of Chocolate, which has all of those bad parts fixed. It's the blue ice one, and it looks really cool!

(Note: The store didn't have the Samsung one, and you have to pay $30 extra a month for the BlackBerry. So I picked the next best thing!)

Ya one of my friends has a Blackberry. They are kool phones but u have to have a internet plan with it D: But the phone u said u got sounds kool <3 I always wanted a chocolate.

o_O
02-10-2008, 09:04 AM
MY phone emulates a PSX. :D

My phone company are a bunch of nazis. They've always had about a 70-80% stake in the customer base, so they've capitalised on being the monopolistic force in the market, but now people are getting sick of rubbish service and jumping ship to Vodafone.

They released my phone with Windows Mobile 5, when every other carrier in the world either released it with WM6 or provided a WM6 update within a couple of weeks. Now the US carriers have seen a rev A data update and an update allowing the phone to be used as a GPS, and we're still waiting for an update to WM6. I was just advised the other day via email by tech support that unfortunately the rep who happened to deal with my request (rather than finding out), simply didn't know if there would be an update.

So, with much hacking, I put the US updates and radios and bootloaders on my phone, and now I have a phone that functions the way it was meant to. :D

Strawberry_Mew
02-10-2008, 07:49 PM
lol ur phone company sounds interesting XD

Shlup
02-10-2008, 08:02 PM
My cell phone service is okay. Calls used to drop within the first five minutes of a conversation regularly, but since Cingular and AT&T merged it's been better. I still don't get good reception at my mother-in-law's house though, which is in the middle of the suburbs, where everyone is issued a cell phone on their fourth birthday.

Strawberry_Mew
02-10-2008, 08:16 PM
My cell phone service is okay. Calls used to drop within the first five minutes of a conversation regularly, but since Cingular and AT&T merged it's been better. I still don't get good reception at my mother-in-law's house though, which is in the middle of the suburbs, where everyone is issued a cell phone on their fourth birthday.

I kinda am thinking on going with AT&T lol they seem like a good company <3 :choc2:

Rye
02-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Verizon is fantastic in NY, so, nope! And I love my LG Chocolate.

Momiji
02-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Verizon is fantastic in NY, so, nope! And I love my LG Chocolate.

Is it the old or new version?

Rye
02-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Um... I dunno what the difference is. This is what it looks like:

http://cellphones.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/lg-chocolate-cherry1.jpg

Momiji
02-11-2008, 03:14 AM
This is the exact model I have, color and everything. I wish I could upload a ringtone or two, though... (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3076&changingCompletedOrder=)

Rye
02-11-2008, 03:28 AM
Oh god, yes. I have the software, but it won't let me upload my ringtones. Such bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:. xD

Momiji
02-11-2008, 03:31 AM
Oh god, yes. I have the software, but it won't let me upload my ringtones. Such bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:. xD

You should be able to if you have the software. I don't; I assumed that I could just pick a song from my microSD card and set it from that, but of course, that's not the case.

Levian
02-11-2008, 04:00 AM
I am not happy with my service provider at all. Every Saturday at around midnight my phone starts sending out these absurd messages to all of my friends. It's very annoying to wake up on Sundays to messages like "No, I don't feel like emigrating to Paraguay (or any other south american country for that matter) with you today, so stop bugging me."

stupid service provider.

Akaria
02-11-2008, 04:35 AM
Wow, what? Haha that sounds...ridiculous. Every Saturday night? Have you called your provider about it?

That blue Chocolate looks nice!! And all the stuff with the slider and buttons are fixed? I may go to that, I dunno if I wanna spend extra money per month for an available internet access that I probably won't use...

Araciel
02-11-2008, 04:38 AM
Oh Levian, I suppose next you're going to sue the wine companies for making you forget how to drive /simpsons :rolleyes2

Levian
02-11-2008, 04:45 AM
Homer Simpson drinks wine? Apparently there's many things I never knew about this sophisticated man.

Araciel
02-11-2008, 04:47 AM
Well he apparently took a home wine making course once and forgot how to drive. He attributed this to his brain mechanic, hence the joke.

/nerd.