PDA

View Full Version : Two CC Clips with English Voices

The Crystal
02-09-2008, 04:28 PM
IGN: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Trailer, Videos and Movies (http://au.media.psp.ign.com/media/711/711340/vids_1.html)

If you can't watch the above, here are the same videos, on YouTube:

YouTube - Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII - English Clip 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLjoLz2jPPU)

YouTube - Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII - English Clip 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRXK2pDArpg)

Goldenboko
02-09-2008, 05:17 PM
What is this coming out for again? I might actually consider picking this one up, seeing as it looks like it isn't going to totally wreck the story like the others :P

PS- I always though Zack would have a gruff manly voice. He sounds like a kid Dx

The Crystal
02-09-2008, 05:31 PM
What is this coming out for again? I might actually consider picking this one up, seeing as it looks like it isn't going to totally wreck the story like the others :P

PS- I always though Zack would have a gruff manly voice. He sounds like a kid Dx

It's coming for PSP.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-10-2008, 12:11 AM
omg the second clip is awesome. Yeah, I remember watching that scene on PS1 and being like "huh is Sephiroth supposed to be laughing" but I guess he really was! Man, I really wanna get this now.

Aerith's Knight
02-10-2008, 12:38 AM
that second scene reminds me of something..

.. im hungry

Big D
02-10-2008, 12:53 AM
The Nibelheim scene looked amazing... a faithful remake of the original, down to capturing the feel of the music and the mood.

The first scene made Zack seem rather undisciplined and impulsive, though, which wasn't really what I expected from a distinguished elite. But then, he's only just been made first class there, so it's possible a couple of years before the Nibelheim incident.

Relapse
02-10-2008, 04:38 AM
The Nibelheim scene looked amazing... a faithful remake of the original, down to capturing the feel of the music and the mood.

The first scene made Zack seem rather undisciplined and impulsive, though, which wasn't really what I expected from a distinguished elite. But then, he's only just been made first class there, so it's possible a couple of years before the Nibelheim incident.

Yeah it's around much later when he starts to get serious, when *someone* dies. :P

Anyway, all of their voices are weird, especially Sephiroth's. I think I'm just gonna patch my japanese version <_<

G3ORGE
02-10-2008, 01:03 PM
I sooooo want this game, whens it out?

ReloadPsi
02-10-2008, 02:48 PM

He's not much older than Cloud. Hell, Cloud was supposed to make it into SOLDIER at 14 (yes I know he didn't actually make it into SOLDIER at 14 but he was supposed to have) so lord only knows how old Zack is meant to be there. He could be anything between maybe 13 and 16 at this point.

o_O
02-11-2008, 06:46 AM
Is it just me or did Sephiroth eat Charlie Sheen?

Ichimonji
02-11-2008, 10:16 AM

Why? He's never been portrayed as a gruff or manly person. He's pretty much the opposite of that.

Also, his voice actor is Rick Gomez, who's been in movies such as Sin City and Transformers, and also provided the voice for Gippal in X-2.

Rostum
02-11-2008, 09:24 PM
I always thought him and Cloud were 14-16 during their time with Shinra. Last I heard, 14-16 year olds around here don't sound like grown men.

It'd be until much later in the game (after the 5 years their were experimented on) that he'd change his voice and maturity perhaps. Especially after witnessing what Sephiroth had done, and gone through the emotional roller-coaster with Angeal.

By the way, it just doesn't sound as fluent as the Japanese voice overs, which is a shame. But I still think the game as a whole will be awesome.

cloud21zidane16
02-11-2008, 11:35 PM
I really cant wait to get this:D

Bolivar
02-15-2008, 04:40 AM
His voice seems a little too uppity, but I always thought Zack was the nicer side flaring up in Cloud's convoluted personality, Cloud being the colder. It would be cool if I could play this on my ps3 instead, I guess I'll just have to wait about 10 years when psp's are less than $20.

Rinoabella
03-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Thanks for posting those! I'm really excited, I think I'm going to buy this game. It only comes out in April here though. I might have to get it online :D

Zack sounds kinda like Tidus, in my opinion. Although maybe not as hyper xD I approve of all the voices so far. I hope they don't screw Aeris' voice up, that would be horrible!

Ouch!
03-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Is it just me or did Sephiroth eat Charlie Sheen?
Definitely not just you.

Seal Evil
03-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks for posting! :)

The Crystal
03-10-2008, 02:48 AM
More:

IGN: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Trailer, Videos and Movies (http://media.psp.ign.com/media/711/711340/vids_1.html)

Cloudane
03-10-2008, 02:50 AM
Oh wow. I like :D

Just been re-playing the original FF7 actually (now that there's a perfect PSX emulator... real thing won't work on my TV so a non-glitchy emulator is a godsend). I've been playing through trying to visualise what the places would look like based on today's graphical standards, trying to 'hear' the correct voices etc. The second clip does the Nibelheim scene so much better than my mind does :D

Really hyped up for this. Dirge didn't reconstruct the towns as much as I'd have liked, looks like this will. Next best thing to a remake :rolleyes2 :)

Big D
03-10-2008, 02:55 AM
^Agreed. This game's going to be pretty damn poignant toward the end, when the events start to overlap with the grimmest parts of FFVII's plot. Especially if it's as consistent as the Nibelheim scene clip shown there.

:edit:
Liking the remixes of the original game's music, as seen at Nibelheim and in the Bahamut fight. Speaking of that fight, it looks like they're using actual FMV for the summon animations now - that's sure to annoy a few old-schoolers:p

Rostum
03-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Just pre-ordered my copy from Play-Asia. Seeing as I haven't seen any store within Australia that even know this game exists -- not even on the "Coming Soon" lists...

So hopefully I get it a couple days after its release.

Cloudane
03-10-2008, 11:52 AM
I saw a video of what I presume to include bits of the ending etc by accident on Youtube (I was looking for something related... wasn't sure where the updated scenes were from at first!)

As you'd expect - you know the basics already but if you don't want to know what you-know-what scene is like don't read - it's going to be very very grim. If Zack's death didn't affect you in FF7, it sure as hell will in this game, not just from the fact that you'll know him better but from how beautifully the scene is done. I predict tears, lots of them.

Edit: As for clip 1, then.... ZOMG he's sooo Tidus XD
The boss guy (Lizard?) does a Commander Ikari. Haha. The rest-chin-on-white-gloved-hands-and-look-badass thing.
http://www.cloudane.com/stuff/ikari.jpg

Raebus
03-10-2008, 12:19 PM
The video where Zack is talking to the soldier who introduces himself as cloud is pretty sweet.

Aerith doesn't sound TOO bad.

Big D
03-10-2008, 09:59 PM
Sounds like Mena Suvari's voicing Aerith again, only playing her a little younger. Sounds neat to me, and they seem to have found an easy, comfortable pronunciation for her name.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-11-2008, 12:42 AM
How was the pronunciation of her name uncomfortable before?

Big D
03-11-2008, 02:02 AM
There was nigh endless speculation - i.e, pissy internet arguments - about how it "should" be pronounced, as well as the inevitable "omg her naem r rly ARIES" brigade to contend with.

Cloudane
03-11-2008, 02:18 AM
Heh... I've been to a place called Erith, in London. I remember thinking at the time it reminded me of Aerith. So they're going with exactly the same pronunciation :D Makes sense. I've been calling her that for a while, albeit with more emphasis on the 'air' (because of the A) than Mena has given it, which is more of an 'eh'. Anyway, at least that answers that question once and for all.

(And it makes far more sense than "teedus" and "choke-o-bo" which I think were just done that way to annoy us!)

So that just leaves the question of how to pronounce Mena... ME-na.. MEN-a... MAY-na... let the debating begin :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-11-2008, 02:21 AM
There was nigh endless speculation - i.e, pissy internet arguments - about how it "should" be pronounced, as well as the inevitable "omg her naem r rly ARIES" brigade to contend with.I thought you were implying the voice actors somehow mishandled the pronunciation in the past.

Big D
03-11-2008, 02:33 AM
Nope... in fact, except for the Japanese trailer for Crisis Core, I've never previously heard her name used in an 'official' production.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-11-2008, 02:45 AM
So they never actually say her name in Advent Children? Weird. They say it in Kingdom Hearts, at least.

Big D
03-11-2008, 03:30 AM
So they never actually say her name in Advent Children? Weird. They say it in Kingdom Hearts, at least.Yeah, I found it strange she's not mentioned by name in AC... but then, neither are Cait Sith or Nanaki. I don't think she's named in spoken dialogue in the original Kingdom Hearts, but that's probably changed in KHII, which I haven't played yet.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-11-2008, 03:35 AM
I've never played Kingdom Hearts II, either. Squall says her name in the first one.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
03-11-2008, 07:51 AM
I think Sora says it in KHII.