PDA

View Full Version : Help With Wutai (RAAPS)

Max
02-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Im Not sure if this would be considered as a spoiler, but i'll tag it for safety ;)

Alright so, im in Wutai. Yuffie has stolen all of my Materia, and im at the battle with RAAPS. I can simply just not beat him. All of the Members in my party get 1hko'd every time he uses Aero2, and none of my attacks seem to do much damage at all. I've been using the USE items that cast Lightning 2 on him, but that only does a little over 300, and he attacks right after I do that. Im getting really close to just starting over and skipping Wutai. Can anyone help me with a good strategy to end this?

Levian
02-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Levelling up outside Wutai will take much less time than restarting the entire game, definitely. Did she take all of your materia or do you still have some crappy ones left? If you have a lot of materia she won't take them all.

You could try to level up your limit breaks a bit. Those small grass creatures right outside wutai are pretty easy to beat, so hack away at those. Also fight some thunderbirds outside wutai as they are quite powerful, so they'll fill up your limit gauge pretty fast. Aeris' 3rd limit level is pretty sweet, so that could help you much in this fight.

Aerith's Knight
02-09-2008, 10:12 PM
i had the same problem.. but if you get lucky.. its doable.

limit breaks are a big help, and make sure they are filled when you start.. this will of course mean youll be running away a lot when they're all full. buy lots of potions and you could use this strategy:

let everyone throw potions on themself until the limit break is full. Then use it and repeat.

if it doesnt help then youll really have to lvl up

Big D
02-10-2008, 12:18 AM
If Vincent's in your party, he's a big help too. Galian Beast can make a difference in this fight. Aside from that, stocking up on the level-2 magic items from the monsters outside Wutai is useful. Even though they're not hugely powerful, they make a difference if you've got them in large numbers.

leader of mortals
02-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Here are my strategies...

Aeris with fury brand:

Use Cloud, Aeris, and Barret. Barret must have limit set for mindblow. Barret uses mindblow, Cloud uses most powerful limit(should be at least Cross-slash if you dont have at least ), aeris use fury brand. Cloud and barret use limits. Attack and heal until dead. Aeris should be the healer.

no fury brand... Use Cloud, Vincent, Barret. Barret use mindblow, vincent transform, cloud use best limit. Barret should be the healer here. Attack and heal until dead.

no vincent!:

Use Cloud, Barret, and Cid

Barret use mindblow, Cloud and Cid use best limits, attack until dead(focus on attacking over healing here but still heal)

Special Strategy:

Use cloud with the Yoshiyuki, barret and cid.

See who is stronger out of Barret and Cid. If Barret is stronger, Use mindblow and cid's limit and kill Cid off. Barret is healing only, Cloud will now do double damage if I remember right. If Cid is stronger, Use mindblow and cid's best limit and kill Barret. Cid is healing only. On both of these situations, Have cloud wait to use his limit until the either Barret or Cid is dead, just in case the attack powerup works with limits(can't remember). Cloud will have to be powerful and have at least Climhazzard for this to work best... but possible with really any limit.

The reason you will use mindblow is to take Rapps mp away and make him not use aero2

If you have anyones level 3 limit(except aeris), use them and they will own him, but I think I am safe in assuming you dont.

Roogle
02-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Make sure to upgrade your armor and weapons at the most up-to-date shop.

I recall using Materia in the battle with this particular boss, so I likely had enough extra Materia to cover the entirety of the party. Maybe you can level up a little bit and just buy some new Materia? You get all of your Materia back at the end of the scenario, so don't be too worried about it.

Bolivar
02-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Real easy way to beat him - use the sword that the old man staring at the rocket gives you in Rocket Town.

I remember having a hard time with raaps at that point in the game, remebered i had a new sword, equipped it, and he went down easy. I'm not sure if it has a hidden element that he's weak to, but it works. Leader of Mortals said it - the Yoshiyuki, i think. it's much higher damage for very little materia slots. Come to think of it, you should equip any weapons/armlets that have few materia slots, since you're not using it, they usually make up for it in another way. It's a start.

ReloadPsi
02-11-2008, 06:54 PM
In fact it's not even hard once Barret's used Mindblow. You might as well think "Job done" and start hitting him with your weapons while chanting "Toma-hawk-toma-hawk" over and over.

Red XIII with Blood Fang can be helpful too.

Rostum
02-11-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm not sure if it has a hidden element that he's weak to, but it works.

I think it increases in power when both of the other party members are KO'd.

Big D
02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Real easy way to beat him - use the sword that the old man staring at the rocket gives you in Rocket Town.

I remember having a hard time with raaps at that point in the game, remebered i had a new sword, equipped it, and he went down easy. I'm not sure if it has a hidden element that he's weak to, but it works. Leader of Mortals said it - the Yoshiyuki, i think. it's much higher damage for very little materia slots. Come to think of it, you should equip any weapons/armlets that have few materia slots, since you're not using it, they usually make up for it in another way. It's a start.Good thinking - that sword does higher damage when the other party members are down.

:Edit: Man I'm dopey - Omecle already said it.

leader of mortals
02-11-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure if it has a hidden element that he's weak to, but it works.

I think it increases in power when both of the other party members are KO'd.

either one or both... like the princess guard. 1 person dead is double damage and 2 dead is triple.

Bolivar
02-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Ahh, so that explains why it's able to do rediculous damage. I never knew exactly why, just that it seemed to take down Raaps real easily.

Also, if Cloud can sustain an attack, using climhazard can finish him off if you got it, if not cross slash'll stop him and that's better in some cases.

Max
02-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I never got that Rocket Town Sword of course, so I guess i'll travel back there and get it if i still can. Mindblow Definately helps bigtime. I'll let you guys know if I do end up getting him down :p

EDIT: Well The Sword is out of the question. It won't let me get into the Tiny Bronco because cloud says, "We have to do something about her."

So I guess my best bet is to level up all of my characters outside of Wutai.

EDIT EDIT: Did it. After Mindblow it was incredibly easy :) Thanks so much guys.

http://i30.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/1zprxc4.png

Cloudane
03-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Heh yeah, one of the most difficult battles in the game, IMO (optional mega bosses aside).

I tend to just concentrate on healing, and unleash limit breaks as they come, rather than actively attacking.

Aerith's Knight
03-12-2008, 09:30 PM
never really used mindblow.. never really used barret at all xD

Bolivar
03-12-2008, 10:15 PM
I tend to just concentrate on healing, and unleash limit breaks as they come, rather than actively attacking.

speaking of healing, i know the bug like guys who start flying after getting hit outside of Wutai drop X-Potions everytime. Max solved his problem, but it's a good hint for anyone who comes up to raaps again.